Official capes discussion thread

> @"Regh.8649" said:

> Capes also disappear while performing emotes?

Yeah back items and weapons do this all the time.. it's something that's personally bothered me for years as it really screws up some screenshots.

It's a pain toggling them on an off during perma animations like crossarms or sit.. but at least it's a little easier now that we can hide our weapons.

Still no hide chest though.. lots of people wanted that one for years.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Regh.8649" said:

> > Capes also disappear while performing emotes?

>

> Yeah back items and weapons do this all the time.. it's something that's personally bothered me for years as it really screws up some screenshots.

>

> It's a pain toggling them on an off during perma animations like crossarms or sit.. but at least it's a little easier now that we can hide our weapons.

> Still no hide chest though.. lots of people wanted that one for years.

For screenshots, if you have first person camera enabled, zoom all the way in and out, you'll have them all visible (only for you though).

> @"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

-

> **Is there any chance this can be fixed?** The cape would look so much better if our 2 hand weapons were positioned closer to our characters.

>

But positioning the weapon closer to the body will probably cause clipping problems with larger armors or armors with lots of protuberances (spikes, shoulders flourishes, etc.) So they are probably limited in how far they can adjust things without causing further issues.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> If any dev reads this: **Please, give us a hooded cloak!** <3 :) It would probably be best to combine a cloak-y cape with a complementary head piece to give us two variants: one with the hood on and one with the hood off. Also different designs for either rangers or mages (that would also mean more money via the Gem Store ;) ).

>

> Something cool like this (right-click to enlarge):

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/wnu2ANn.jpg "")

Even better, if they can swing it: DAoC had a wonderful feature. You could wear a hooded cloak and toggle whether the hood was on your head or slumped back on your shoulders. One little hotkey tap and you could don and doff the hood without it just vanishing. If they can do this, maybe they could then retroactively apply it to the heavy Luminous helm so one could have the faceplate toggle its position... /dreams

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> Not to rain on OP's parade, but, I'm not sure capes have been an amazing success. I just checked the gw2efficiency stats. 2823 players - of the 239564 with gw2efficiency accounts have unlocked the Basic Guild Cape and just 2286 of those 239564 have unlocked the Emblazoned Cape. That's 1.178% and 0.954% respectively. While I realize the 239564 gw2efficiency accounts are not the entire GW2 player population, it is a non-trivial sample size from which to draw conclusions.

>

>

Question on that: Does gw2efficiency track all accounts, or only those that sign in and thus get updated? I did buy the Emblazoned, and I do have a gw2efficiency account, but I don't regularly go to that account and haven't since my purchase. Would I be one of those 2823 players or does gw2efficiency not know about my purchase yet? If it doesn't, that could be a factor in the low amount of reported unlocks.

> @"Regh.8649" said:

> Unpopular opinion: Wings look terrible and cringey on everyone. and should have never been added. Yet, there they are.

>

> Complaining about the first capes designs? cmon don't insult your intelligence, do you remember the first wings?

> Went from small with annoying animations, to large and stiff and now they have a fluid animation based on character movement and actions.

>

> These capes are the baseline for a knight theme character, more and better will come for all tastes. and yes mainly for the gem store like always, no surprises and that's were I hope to see them in their vast majority. a company doesn´t prosper through charity.

I despised the wings and--frankly--even the new-improved versions look tacky. Floaty capes=more tacky/badly designed stuff.

Maybe A-net will surprise me and actually improve the capes to a decent-looking level. I guess the wings were a degree worse then these eternally floating beach towels.

Depends on the character design and armor and just style in general. Ive seen some people with them where they look super basic and janky and ive seen some players who make themselves look like royalty with the same cape. If you have good style you can make it work if this cape is not for you then its not for you wait for the next one.

Which will prob be with episode 2 or with winters day patch and try your luck then.

> @"Udolpho.1209" said:

> > @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > > @"Udolpho.1209" said:

> > > ...So, not only CAPES, but DYEABLE backpieces too? WHAT IS HAPPENING!

> >

> > You're in a coma. I'm a figment of your imagination which you created to explain this to you. Also, you can now fly because it's a dream and all. ;)

>

> Excellent. I thought I'd died. A coma is much better, I'll take it.

>

> And that was my very next thought: when are we getting the cape glider + dyeable backpack combo that lets you fly like superman? This has to be next! Right? Flying capes, yes? I can fly now, yes? Regular gliding, one arm out, one arm at side, one knee bent; lean gliding, two arms out, legs straight; also a knee bent upright pose when you drop out of gliding or lean back...

>

> No, you're right, I think I might still be dreaming...

I can't wait for the black cape that spreads out like black bat wings when you glide down on your enemies like some kind of ....dark.... knight.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > Not to rain on OP's parade, but, I'm not sure capes have been an amazing success. I just checked the gw2efficiency stats. 2823 players - of the 239564 with gw2efficiency accounts have unlocked the Basic Guild Cape and just 2286 of those 239564 have unlocked the Emblazoned Cape. That's 1.178% and 0.954% respectively. While I realize the 239564 gw2efficiency accounts are not the entire GW2 player population, it is a non-trivial sample size from which to draw conclusions.

> >

> >

>

> Question on that: Does gw2efficiency track all accounts, or only those that sign in and thus get updated? I did buy the Emblazoned, and I do have a gw2efficiency account, but I don't regularly go to that account and haven't since my purchase. Would I be one of those 2823 players or does gw2efficiency not know about my purchase yet? If it doesn't, that could be a factor in the low amount of reported unlocks.

My understanding is that it tracks all gw2efficiency accounts with API keys. I think somewhere it says that all accounts are crawled every 24 hours. I could be mistaken on that, though.

And I just rechecked the stats. We are up to 4051 (1.691%) for the guild cape and 3325 (1.388%) for the emblazoned cape, out of 239614 accounts.

I don't know about huge success - I haven't seen anybody else with a cape yet, but I bought the emblazoned one with gems converted from gold and I couldn't be happier. Finally some of my toons feel complete. Hopefully more capes will be forthcoming and hopefully at least some will be ingame..

Now if only Anet would release a "capes of the world" cheevo.....