Dragonhunter nerfed yet again......

Shacka Hacka.7068

It shouldn't effect PvP as you can't change your skills, But after 5 years it isn't a exploit to players who are using it, taking it away is a nerf. Dragonhunter has always been nerfed and never buffed, If you've played it since HoT you'd know what I mean.....It's a class that's slowly falling behind, it needs buffs not more nerfs.

> @"Bassdeff.1895" said:

> So what if they fix the trap exploit? 'cause that's what it was. DH is still one of the top DPS in the game. How this change will affect PvP remains to be seen but in PvE this is a non-issue.

You can't swap skills once the match starts in sPvP so it doesn't apply there. In WvW this 'might' help you, but honestly, it wouldn't make much if any difference and is more hassle than it's worth.

> @"Shacka Hacka.7068" said:

> It shouldn't effect PvP as you can't change your skills, But after 5 years it isn't a exploit to players who are using it, taking it away is a nerf. Dragonhunter has always been nerfed and never buffed, If you've played it since HoT you'd know what I mean.....It's a class that's slowly falling behind, it needs buffs not more nerfs.

Exploiting isnt exploiting after 5 years? So if youve been cheating for a longer time its no longer cheating? What.

I dont even know where you would want to exploit traps like this that it isnt overly tedious and takes alot longer than fighting normally without one extra trap.

> @"Shacka Hacka.7068" said:

> It shouldn't effect PvP as you can't change your skills, But after 5 years it isn't a exploit to players who are using it, taking it away is a nerf. Dragonhunter has always been nerfed and never buffed, If you've played it since HoT you'd know what I mean.....It's a class that's slowly falling behind, it needs buffs not more nerfs.

Just because some people are exploiting it doesn't make it a feature. It was never the intended use. DH is my main. It was a top DPS highly sot after class in the HoT days and it is a top DPS highly sot after class now. It wasn't buffed because it didn't need buffing, but it sure as hell needed toning down.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Shacka Hacka.7068" said:

> > It shouldn't effect PvP as you can't change your skills, But after 5 years it isn't a exploit to players who are using it, taking it away is a nerf. Dragonhunter has always been nerfed and never buffed, If you've played it since HoT you'd know what I mean.....It's a class that's slowly falling behind, it needs buffs not more nerfs.

>

> Exploiting isnt exploiting after 5 years? So if youve been cheating for a longer time its no longer cheating? What.

>

> I dont even know where you would want to exploit traps like this that it isnt overly tedious and takes alot longer than fighting normally without one extra trap.

>

>

You do it in Raids and saome high level fractals. Place all your traps before the fight starts, swap whatever traps you don't normally use for useful skills. Start the fight lure the boss in, start your rotation, fopr ridiculous burst damage. Anet never paid any attention to it until someone figured out that you could take your firebrands ans well, have them switch to DH and place traps before the fight started and switch back into Firebrand for the fight. Definitely something that needed fixing.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > @"Bassdeff.1895" said:

> > So what if they fix the trap exploit? 'cause that's what it was. DH is still one of the top DPS in the game. How this change will affect PvP remains to be seen but in PvE this is a non-issue.

>

> You can't swap skills once the match starts in sPvP so it doesn't apply there. In WvW this 'might' help you, but honestly, it wouldn't make much if any difference and is more hassle than it's worth.

But its not a hassle. I talked about this needing to be fixed when HoT was released, and this was back when traps had a stun. However, with templates now (which I also warned about), push one button to load DH template with all traps, lay them, push one more button and you are now core burst, or FB, all the other person sees is a FB, which are hard enough to down and they go into the fight to all of a sudden be hit by 5 traps. This can also be done in reverse, load FB profile, prebuff, load core/DH just before going into combat. This also effects more than guard, perm stealth thief that can also be full DPS, load cheese stealth build, stack stealth, move in for the kill, push one button to load DPS build and attack. I fought a power mesmer the other day who was losing, he stealthed and ported OOC, swapped to a tanky condi build and ran back in a second or two later, he still lost, but it caught me off guard and I was not running much condi clear at the time, so the fight went from easy enough to pretty hard.

> @"Gryxis.6950" said:

> > Nothing towards Mes and they talk about balance can someone explain?

>

> Have we been playing the same game ? Pretty sure mesmer has been nerfed every balance patch for the last 2 years

>

>

Phantasm re-work would like a word with you.

> @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > @"Bassdeff.1895" said:

> > > So what if they fix the trap exploit? 'cause that's what it was. DH is still one of the top DPS in the game. How this change will affect PvP remains to be seen but in PvE this is a non-issue.

> >

> > You can't swap skills once the match starts in sPvP so it doesn't apply there. In WvW this 'might' help you, but honestly, it wouldn't make much if any difference and is more hassle than it's worth.

>

> But its not a hassle. I talked about this needing to be fixed when HoT was released, and this was back when traps had a stun. However, with templates now (which I also warned about), push one button to load DH template with all traps, lay them, push one more button and you are now core burst, or FB, all the other person sees is a FB, which are hard enough to down and they go into the fight to all of a sudden be hit by 5 traps. This can also be done in reverse, load FB profile, prebuff, load core/DH just before going into combat. This also effects more than guard, perm stealth thief that can also be full DPS, load cheese stealth build, stack stealth, move in for the kill, push one button to load DPS build and attack. I fought a power mesmer the other day who was losing, he stealthed and ported OOC, swapped to a tanky condi build and ran back in a second or two later, he still lost, but it caught me off guard and I was not running much condi clear at the time, so the fight went from easy enough to pretty hard.

I had never though of using the build template that way. Things like this is why we can't have nice things. Always some prick who will use it in an unintended way to their advantage. Change builds should remove all buffs stealth.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > I did not know that was a thing :#

> >

> > Why does anyone care it is gone? Did someone literally sat there in PvE or WvW and put traps then switched skills?!

>

> I did <,<

> It was like having 6 utilities if you did it smart ^.^

I used to troll with spirit weapons and traps or even meditation,was actually funny seen the oponent laughing then die in traps while SWeapons could apply more damage.

Game teaches how to lame yourself.

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > @"Gryxis.6950" said:

> > > @"Shacka Hacka.7068" said:

> > > Nothing towards Mes and they talk about balance can someone explain?

> >

> > Have we been playing the same game ? Pretty sure mesmer has been nerfed every balance patch for the last 2 years

> >

> >

>

> Phantasm re-work would like a word with you.

Do you mean the forced shatter? Or the fact that as a mesmer you can only have one playstyle?

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > @"Gryxis.6950" said:

> > > @"Shacka Hacka.7068" said:

> > > Nothing towards Mes and they talk about balance can someone explain?

> >

> > Have we been playing the same game ? Pretty sure mesmer has been nerfed every balance patch for the last 2 years

> >

> >

>

> Phantasm re-work would like a word with you.

The phantasm re-work was about 2 years ago, wasn't it? And mesmers have, in fact, seen pretty much nothing but nerfs patch after patch ever since. So, are we playing the same game? Or have you just not been playing for 2 years?

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > @"Gryxis.6950" said:

> > > > @"Shacka Hacka.7068" said:

> > > > Nothing towards Mes and they talk about balance can someone explain?

> > >

> > > Have we been playing the same game ? Pretty sure mesmer has been nerfed every balance patch for the last 2 years

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Phantasm re-work would like a word with you.

>

> The phantasm re-work was about 2 years ago, wasn't it? And mesmers have, in fact, seen pretty much nothing but nerfs patch after patch ever since. So, are we playing the same game? Or have you just not been playing for 2 years?

It was less than 2 years ago, and was a considerable buff. Certainly mes has seen alot of nerfs since then, but your statement was "nerfed every balance patch" which isn't true.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > So it takes them 5 years to fix a bug? it's always been that way with the traps on DH and lets face it we need all the help we can get atm.

>

> You know ... that's not exceptional ... I've played games with bugs that NEVER get fixed.

I know a couple that got GOTY editions with bugs that weren't fixed and a particular game even special editions released on 5 different with game breaking bugs that never officially got fixed.

@"Shacka Hacka.7068" I don't know where you get that DH is struggling in some way. DH is in a very good spot. It has just been overshadowed by another OP elite spec.