Ranger nerfs???

c u again.3267

Ranger is already the weakest class in the game, the worst one you can pick in ATs and competitive games yet they are getting the hardest nerf out of all the specs in the game?

Can someone explain this?

Ranger is already not a class and now you're absolutely shredding their remnants out of the dumpster into nothingness

Does anyone else sees the problem here?

Why can't ranger do damage?

Why can't druid heal?

Why can't we have A SINGLE GOOD PET?

There literally won't be a single good pet left after the changes

What's anets issue with ranger?

> @"c u again.3267" said:

> Ranger is already the weakest class in the game, the worst one you can pick in ATs and competitive games yet they are getting the hardest nerf out of all the specs in the game?

> Can someone explain this?

> Ranger is already not a class and now you're absolutely shredding their remnants out of the dumpster into nothingness

> Does anyone else sees the problem here?

> Why can't ranger do damage?

> Why can't druid heal?

> Why can't we have A SINGLE GOOD PET?

> There literally won't be a single good pet left after the changes

> What's anets issue with ranger?

>

Actually Ranger/Soulbeast received fair nerfing this time around for this upcoming patch. It'll be fine man.

Druid on the other hand, got mutilated and defiled a bit more. Not sure what these guys are doing with the Druid specialization competitively. It seems as though they just don't want it in competitive modes period.

I looked over the changes to ranger. Pets got big nerfs plus some weapons but mostly becuz of the theme of over nerfing cc. Some really good skills got numbers reduced and some cds increased, but a few things definitely look good still protection uptime for core and huge boon up time on soulbeast, also passive healing was reduced and not that I think that’s good but it shouldn’t be nonexistent. One thing that I think is weird is that many of the better traits in beast mastery weren’t touched at all. Tbh changes are heavier than I thought but it’s a huge patch I’m not sure what’ll change, again only difference might be that possibly beast mastery will be a stronger trait line reletively.

Please just lock Druid at this point in sPvP.

Actually, can we get some more nerfs? Like no one plays it anyways, it's a meme at this point. Reduce healing some more and make Bristleback only shoot a single spine that deals 100 damage.

Staff 3 should get it's cooldown doubled because it's too strong.

The Glyph of Stars cd reduction should be an increase from 90s to 120s instead because it's way too strong as a 7 second long channeled skill with no stab tied to it.

Rest of the changes feel bad but every class is getting the same treatment so idk. PvP will definitely be a different game after these changes are released. Unfortunately, old playstyles that people have developed since release will be deleted but new things are good so eh, sucks but w/e.

From what I can understand of this patch :

Druid still has no reason to be used as a support.

Current power damage options are still good in range but close combat looks so dangerous (to a point I feel it will be ridiculous to try it).

Condition damage is barely changed so who knows. It might suddenly become oppressive.

Traits boon nerfs look fine.

Some defense are still there. Boonbeast might be better than damage slb.

Stunbreak removals are stupid. WS has always been needed but is now the name of the game.

I find the 1 pet in combat completely ridiculous. I liked my suggestion of having regen over time on merge and cast time on pet swap more. But the traits triggering on merge could make sicem build even more meme.

> @"aymnad.9023" said:

> From what I can understand of this patch :

> Druid still has no reason to be used as a support.

> Current power damage options are still good in range but close combat looks so dangerous (to a point I feel it will be ridiculous to try it).

> Condition damage is barely changed so who knows. It might suddenly become oppressive.

> Traits boon nerfs look fine.

> Some defense are still there. Boonbeast might be better than damage slb.

> Stunbreak removals are stupid. WS has always been needed but is now the name of the game.

> I find the 1 pet in combat completely ridiculous. I liked my suggestion of having regen over time on merge and cast time on pet swap more. But the traits triggering on merge could make sicem build even more meme.

Condition dmg got hard nerfed

> @"Tharan.9085" said:

> > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > From what I can understand of this patch :

> > Druid still has no reason to be used as a support.

> > Current power damage options are still good in range but close combat looks so dangerous (to a point I feel it will be ridiculous to try it).

> > Condition damage is barely changed so who knows. It might suddenly become oppressive.

> > Traits boon nerfs look fine.

> > Some defense are still there. Boonbeast might be better than damage slb.

> > Stunbreak removals are stupid. WS has always been needed but is now the name of the game.

> > I find the 1 pet in combat completely ridiculous. I liked my suggestion of having regen over time on merge and cast time on pet swap more. But the traits triggering on merge could make sicem build even more meme.

>

> Condition dmg got hard nerfed

How?

Winter's bite + throw torch are buffed.

Spike trap change is for the best imo. It is more frequent and thus allows you to combo / set up more often

Refined Toxin makes sense to me since it was a high uptime for power builds.

Shortbow condi is unchanged.

Dagger MH is barely changed.

Dagger OH got nerfed because of the dodge, the damage was not the main goal on this skill anyway.

Sharpened Edges is the only nerf I can think of.

> @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > @"Tharan.9085" said:

> > > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > From what I can understand of this patch :

> > > Druid still has no reason to be used as a support.

> > > Current power damage options are still good in range but close combat looks so dangerous (to a point I feel it will be ridiculous to try it).

> > > Condition damage is barely changed so who knows. It might suddenly become oppressive.

> > > Traits boon nerfs look fine.

> > > Some defense are still there. Boonbeast might be better than damage slb.

> > > Stunbreak removals are stupid. WS has always been needed but is now the name of the game.

> > > I find the 1 pet in combat completely ridiculous. I liked my suggestion of having regen over time on merge and cast time on pet swap more. But the traits triggering on merge could make sicem build even more meme.

> >

> > Condition dmg got hard nerfed

> How?

> Winter's bite + throw torch are buffed.

> Spike trap change is for the best imo. It is more frequent and thus allows you to combo / set up more often

> Refined Toxin makes sense to me since it was a high uptime for power builds.

> Shortbow condi is unchanged.

> Dagger MH is barely changed.

> Dagger OH got nerfed because of the dodge, the damage was not the main goal on this skill anyway.

> Sharpened Edges is the only nerf I can think of.

Basically all condi amulets got removed btw :)

> @"Tharan.9085" said:

> > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > @"Tharan.9085" said:

> > > > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > > From what I can understand of this patch :

> > > > Druid still has no reason to be used as a support.

> > > > Current power damage options are still good in range but close combat looks so dangerous (to a point I feel it will be ridiculous to try it).

> > > > Condition damage is barely changed so who knows. It might suddenly become oppressive.

> > > > Traits boon nerfs look fine.

> > > > Some defense are still there. Boonbeast might be better than damage slb.

> > > > Stunbreak removals are stupid. WS has always been needed but is now the name of the game.

> > > > I find the 1 pet in combat completely ridiculous. I liked my suggestion of having regen over time on merge and cast time on pet swap more. But the traits triggering on merge could make sicem build even more meme.

> > >

> > > Condition dmg got hard nerfed

> > How?

> > Winter's bite + throw torch are buffed.

> > Spike trap change is for the best imo. It is more frequent and thus allows you to combo / set up more often

> > Refined Toxin makes sense to me since it was a high uptime for power builds.

> > Shortbow condi is unchanged.

> > Dagger MH is barely changed.

> > Dagger OH got nerfed because of the dodge, the damage was not the main goal on this skill anyway.

> > Sharpened Edges is the only nerf I can think of.

>

> Basically all condi amulets got removed btw :)

Oh? Hum yes missed that part :sweat: . But that is not really ranger specific. I will still try it out because the damage is overall the same and I was more thinking about using sage / wizard because of the lack of survivability of trapper ranger.

Edit : wanderer does hurt

lol i was wondering if they were gonna lock soulbeast to one pet

pretty thematically fitting with the whole merging your soul with em thing, but sounds a bit rough

nothing in this was really surprising overall though besides maybe preemptive druid nerfs (lol, poor spec, everyone would rather it just not be playable than risk ever having it bunker again)

i have no idea what's gonna end up being decent.

• 3 months later...

I'm out. I'm sick of all the Ranger nerfs and still being 2 shotted by thieves... I have 18,000 hrs in this game and I don't want to learn a new class. Now the birds have been nerfed, twice. This class is useless now, even in PVE (which is boring AF). Also, I have only received 1 pre in 8yrs and it was a water weapon that I couldn't even use. Giving this account to my 13yr old...

> @"DesktopAnalyst.1283" said:

> I'm out. I'm sick of all the Ranger nerfs and still being 2 shotted by thieves... I have 18,000 hrs in this game and I don't want to learn a new class.

How does Ranger get 2 shot by Thieves, which has by far the worst damage in sPvP?

Ranger also being one of the best survivalist professions that survived the nerf meteor as well.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> Druid on the other hand, got mutilated and defiled a bit more. Not sure what these guys are doing with the Druid specialization competitively. It seems as though they just don't want it in competitive modes period.

Chronomancer is inline first for buffs seeing as that was completely trash beyond use, at least druid can use cheese condi to be ok