Bear Warclaw Skin

Randulf.7614

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> Golden compass copy rights ? :o

Oh God, I thought I was the only one who thought of that movie.

Anyways, the skin looks very odd in my opinion and resembles a werewolf more than an actual bear. Yet another proof that they can't design bears properly. That doesn't mean the skin is bad. I actually like it but what's confusing me is that it is being sold as a bear.

Oh,... it's a bear.

I figured it be a fat hyena, which happens if you farm noobs and PvE-ers trying to find a way to get a Gift of Battle to fed your mount.

the armor does fit with Warbringer, The bandages are a biut slim maybe. But all in all good effort. On the few occasions I still log in I still play WvW now and then, and it would suit my char warrior perfectly.

Okay, nice skin Anet. Looks appropriately intimidating and combat themed.

Now do something about it being nothing but a worse raptor in pve.

It's engage skill doesn't even do anything beyond the base damage that several other do on top of an additional effect like pulling in enemies or applying a barrier.

There's currently no reason to use the warclaw outside of WvW other than for RP value and there's no real reason for this to be the case

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> Okay, nice skin Anet. Looks appropriately intimidating and combat themed.

>

> Now do something about it being nothing but a worse raptor in pve.

>

> It's engage skill doesn't even do anything beyond the base damage that several other do on top of an additional effect like pulling in enemies or applying a barrier.

>

> There's currently no reason to use the warclaw outside of WvW other than for RP value and there's no real reason for this to be the case

They did this on purpose, fully explained exactly why it would be this way, and have never intended for the warclaw to be useful in PvE.

> @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > Okay, nice skin Anet. Looks appropriately intimidating and combat themed.

> >

> > Now do something about it being nothing but a worse raptor in pve.

> >

> > It's engage skill doesn't even do anything beyond the base damage that several other do on top of an additional effect like pulling in enemies or applying a barrier.

> >

> > There's currently no reason to use the warclaw outside of WvW other than for RP value and there's no real reason for this to be the case

>

> They did this on purpose, fully explained exactly why it would be this way, and have never intended for the warclaw to be used in PvE.

Care to link to it

re: They did this on purpose, fully explained exactly why it would be this way, and have never intended for the warclaw to be used in PvE. - If they never *intended* for warclaw to be used in PvE, _it would not have been released in PvE_ .(Hint - warclaw *was* released in PvE. It is not a PvE exploit or cheat) So please do link your proof that ANet "never intended for the warclaw to be used in PvE"

> @"Elden Arnaas.4870" said:

> re: They did this on purpose, fully explained exactly why it would be this way, and have never intended for the warclaw to be used in PvE. - If they never *intended* for warclaw to be used in PvE, _it would not have been released in PvE_ .(Hint - warclaw *was* released in PvE. It is not a PvE exploit or cheat) So please do link your proof that ANet "never intended for the warclaw to be used in PvE"

They talked about how they specifically wouldn't buff it in PvE because it is fully intended for WvW. They didn't say they wouldn't allow it, but that they wouldn't make sure that it isn't weaker than the other mounts.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> And here he is!

> Looks fab, but the size does not scale well with Norns as usual unlike the Dreadnought skin for the Raptor

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Oz68biy.jpg?1 "")

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/w4gpPYr.jpg?1 "")

>

Need video =(

I need to see this thing in motion, as I personally find the Bear pets (for Rangers) run a tad too derpy for my tastes.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Need video =(

>

> I need to see this thing in motion, as I personally find the Bear pets (for Rangers) run a tad too kitten for my tastes.

It's the same identical running animation to the rest of the warclaw/griffon skins. Sadly I don't have video capture software, but if you go to LA, there are plenty of people around showing it off

> @"videoboy.4162" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > Am I the only one who thinks this looks more like a hyena than a bear?

> >

> > It wouldn't be the first time Anet had mislabelled an animal - their 'armadillo' mount is clearly a pangolin.

>

> I thought it was an Arcdotus, which Anet considers a bear?

I think I am the only one that distracted by the tail lol. It's kind of like Aureen being a Wyvern for so long that she finally picked up the front 2 legs and changed into a dragon. Once you see that its stuck there. Still looks like a good skin though.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> And here he is!

>

Thanks for the pics!

re: No not really. I'm not a paid researcher of information that was previously released about the game. There are plenty of dev videos and interviews about the warclaw from its release - These dev interviews and videos do not state what you assert they do. Or it was erroneous, some loose-cannon's opinion, etc.. It is not that "The warclaw was originally intended for PvE" or "The warclaw was intended specifically for PvE". But the war claw obviously was eventually intended for PvE, because we have it in PvE, and it isn't an accident. It was a willful, intended choice. Definitely a bad choice the way it was implemented. But a deliberate choice nonetheless.

It would have been so much better to make raptor be present in both PvE and WvW, but with different special skills. (And obtainable through PoF or WvW) That would have been simple and done. PvE players would have no reason to covet/resent a separate WvW mount. But ANet had to twist it into a reason to drag PvE only players into WvW. As if that would magically make a significant portion of PvE only players like and continue to play WvW.(Instead of just making a lot of new scrubs to pull down WvW during that time)

And as A PvE only player, I can tell you I resented having to get a WvW mount for those times when I'll need to use WvW to get Gifts of Battle. So I think a lot of us can agree it was poorly implemented, and maybe even unwanted. But no one can say it was not *intended* - 'cuz there it is in PvE.(and it isn't a hack, exploit, or cheat)

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> And here he is!

> Looks fab, but the size does not scale well with Norns as usual unlike the Dreadnought skin for the Raptor

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Oz68biy.jpg?1 "")

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/w4gpPYr.jpg?1 "")

>

Wait?! How did you manage to mount while using the kodan tonic?! As far as I know you can't mount with tonics so it must either be an exploit or a hack you're using. Or perhaps your screenshot is photoshopped which is a bit irritating in my opinion. Also as far as I know the kodan tonic doesn't display armor skins such as the shoulder gear you're having there.

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > And here he is!

> > Looks fab, but the size does not scale well with Norns as usual unlike the Dreadnought skin for the Raptor

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/Oz68biy.jpg?1 "")

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/w4gpPYr.jpg?1 "")

> >

>

> Wait?! How did you manage to mount while using the kodan tonic?! As far as I know you can't mount with tonics so it must either be an exploit or a hack you're using. Or perhaps your screenshot is photoshopped which is a bit irritating in my opinion. Also as far as I know the kodan tonic doesn't display armor skins such as the shoulder gear you're having there.

That's just my armour. I'll post a full screenie of him. The helmet is from the Frostgorge dungeon, shoulders and gloves from Achievement track and I forget the rest. No tonic used.

![](https://i.imgur.com/uzG6KuY.jpg "")

> If they never *intended* for warclaw to be used in PvE, _it would not have been released in PvE_ .(Hint - warclaw *was* released in PvE. It is not a PvE exploit or cheat) So please do link your proof that ANet "never intended for the warclaw to be used in PvE"

Being able to summon the warclaw in pve and it being useful in pve are two different things. As others have already pointed out, Arenanet themselves have stated several times they have no intention of making warclaw a useful pve mount. All the argumental rage you'd like to conjur will not change this.

> It would have been so much better to make raptor be present in both PvE and WvW, but with different special skills. (And obtainable through PoF or WvW) That would have been simple and done. PvE players would have no reason to covet/resent a separate WvW mount.

They specifically stated they purposely did not go this route by intention. PvE players have no reason to covet a separate WvW mount except for impractical visual choices, just as WvW players have no reason to covet a separate PvE mount except for impractical visual choices. You can rage against this choice all you want, it doesn't change the fact that this was a purposeful decision.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > And here he is!

> > > Looks fab, but the size does not scale well with Norns as usual unlike the Dreadnought skin for the Raptor

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/Oz68biy.jpg?1 "")

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/w4gpPYr.jpg?1 "")

> > >

> >

> > Wait?! How did you manage to mount while using the kodan tonic?! As far as I know you can't mount with tonics so it must either be an exploit or a hack you're using. Or perhaps your screenshot is photoshopped which is a bit irritating in my opinion. Also as far as I know the kodan tonic doesn't display armor skins such as the shoulder gear you're having there.

>

> That's just my armour. I'll post a full screenie of him. The helmet is from the Frostgorge dungeon, shoulders and gloves from Achievement track and I forget the rest. No tonic used.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/uzG6KuY.jpg "")

>

Oh, right! I totally forgot about that helmet armor skin. Nobody uses dungeon armor skins anymore because everyone needs to show off with their legendary armors and stacked infusions these days so I kinda forgot that this helmet existed. Glad to see there are actually people still using old or non popular skins. Looks quite nice!