Watch the trailer for Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> And another helmet that forces charr to chop off their horns - WHY do u keep doing that!!!

I guess, in reality those armours just won't be available for charr race... so i'd rather have their horn hidden than can't use it for my charrs.

> @"White Kitsunee.4620" said:

> Everyone's hype about this LWS1 missions but are then going to find out that they weren't very good. :)

See you say that, but i remember doing a few of them and the complete story matters more to me at this point.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> I know everyone is Hyped up for the four LWS1 missions but I am on the fence because what I want to see from that era is the Open World [Marionette ](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twisted_Marionette)Fight and the Final Open World battle with Scarlet in the [battle for Lion's Arch](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_for_Lion%27s_Arch_(living_world)) . I guess technically they could do the Battle For LA because that was an instanced event every hour. I still have a bone to pick with Scarlet destroying LA because it allowed King Triton to get his fishy hands in the remodel.

I think it is likely this is not the last we will see of the Visions or LS1 instances

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I think the Missions will be self-contained.

Agreed. And using that cool skill we have to "read" I think I have my answer!? The release page states "Get to know Rox and Braham, face Scarlet’s toxic forces, and remember how far Canach’s come in his time with you." So I'm hopeful that means all the other content leading up to and including say [Cragstead](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/) I'm hoping it's not just a Scrying pool select a mission and drop into Cragstead or Nolan Hatchery or Tower of nightmares? To get to know them you really really need to do ALL the content in their background.

They tend to go big! So I am eagerly awaiting the new story journal LWS1 missions! ;) ;)

> @"hellsqueen.3045" said:

> It ruins immersion and player experience by having that missing void of content. It wasn't fair that we didn't get to experience STORY that was a crucial part of the stories progression. It's not like a current event where other characters explain it later in the story but we got to act it out for a time and even then they have kept current events in.

How does adding this content and tying it to a system that won't be accessed until after both expansions, three LW seasons and the first Act of Icebrood Saga address this need?

"Hey... remember that forgettable cutscene you watched in LA six months ago? Here's more about *that* "

This implementation does nothing but address nostalgia. It's inflating yet another hype bubble that will inevitably burst when players burn through it in a couple days.

Tying it to the new Saga doesn't address the needs of immersion.

> @"Seth Moonshadow.2710" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I think the Missions will be self-contained.

>

> Agreed. And using that cool skill we have to "read" I think I have my answer!? The release page states "Get to know Rox and Braham, face Scarlet’s toxic forces, and remember how far Canach’s come in his time with you." So I'm hopeful that means all the other content leading up to and including say [Cragstead](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/) I'm hoping it's not just a Scrying pool select a mission and drop into Cragstead or Nolan Hatchery or Tower of nightmares? To get to know them you really really need to do ALL the content in their background.

>

> They tend to go big! So I am eagerly awaiting the new story journal LWS1 missions! ;) ;)

As I said, I don't think there will be anything but the instanced Story Mission, just like when it was originally released.

Temper your expectations.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"hellsqueen.3045" said:

> > It ruins immersion and player experience by having that missing void of content. It wasn't fair that we didn't get to experience STORY that was a crucial part of the stories progression. It's not like a current event where other characters explain it later in the story but we got to act it out for a time and even then they have kept current events in.

> How does adding this content and tying it to a system that won't be accessed until after both expansions, three LW seasons and the first Act of Icebrood Saga address this need?

> "Hey... remember that forgettable cutscene you watched in LA six months ago? Here's more about *that* "

> This implementation does nothing but address nostalgia. It's inflating yet another hype bubble that will inevitably burst when players burn through it in a couple days.

> Tying it to the new Saga doesn't address the needs of immersion.

It doesn't say that we are going to go through the scrying pool to get to them.

If they are story missions only, then it is likely we will get a Personal Story and other such instanced story entrances.

A nice green star on the floor right about where it would have been before and the old scenery loads up (like the Personal Stories with Old LA)

> @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> I honestly did not expect much from the vision update but it is looking promising with new things to do and things to strive for... upgradeable hub !?

>

> Not only this but season one... I honestly did not expect this.. so many have missed out my self included and finally get a chance to try it out. Awesome!! This year has definitely been a good start .. let's keep going !

>

> /cheer

Yep, you and the other 20 players who missed the awful Season1 are happy until you figure out how bad it was.

But everyone else is seeing recycled contend in a dying game. Especially people who hates to be "The General" and being forced into a guild have to relive their most hated moments.

If that is the way Anet is going, we are on our way to maintenance mode.

> @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > I honestly did not expect much from the vision update but it is looking promising with new things to do and things to strive for... upgradeable hub !?

> >

> > Not only this but season one... I honestly did not expect this.. so many have missed out my self included and finally get a chance to try it out. Awesome!! This year has definitely been a good start .. let's keep going !

> >

> > /cheer

>

> Yep, you and the other 20 players who missed the awful Season1 are happy until you figure out how bad it was.

> But everyone else is seeing recycled contend in a dying game. Especially people who hates to be "The General" and being forced into a guild have to relive their most hated moments.

>

> If that is the way Anet is going, we are on our way to maintenance mode.

I would rather be able to try it out for myself to decide than take someone elses word for it. For instance, there are many movies that I personally find very enjoyable yet they receive bad ratings(Moon over Parador, Without a Clue)...and many receive amazing ratings yet I wish I could get back those hours of my life(Lost in Translation).

And I have a feeling there are rather more than 20 of us.

It looks very interesting, but I refuse to get overly excited or optimistic.

Upgradeable hub? Sun's Refuge - been there, done that, it's terrible.

Earnable Armor skins - Visage of Khan Ur, Raven Ceremonial Garb..maybe ANET has a different definition of 'earnable' than I do, but anyways.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Seth Moonshadow.2710" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Temper your expectations.

My expectations are tempered as I'm sure they probably attached the weapon variants to strike mission rewards, so other than LWS1 returning hopefully in ALL it's glory or Story Journal version of it, I'm expecting to enjoy Story > Map > LWS1 > Repeat! Instead of what I used to do until 2020 Story > Map > Achievements > Repeat. It's less playtime, less fun but most I can hope for is the stone summet skins will be map rewards or task vendor unlocks?

As for my enthusiasm no reason I can't be excited! And I am I really hope the recent posts made a change and they've reconsidered where to attach some rewards or how and to what. But either way, it's always nice to get something new to do and be excited about. ;)

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Is it confirmed that the se1 content will come as scrying pool content? If so thats a bad way to go about it imo and doesnt adress the issue the removal pf se1 created in the first place.

It, as far as I know, has not been confirmed either way, via scrying pool or as Story Journal. It just makes sense to attach it to the story journal as that was the new method since it's release and "going forward". It also has merit in scrying pool from gw1 since we had missions to participate in from there back then also (iirc?). But as far as we know these are just hopes and wishes being voiced.

It's one of those "You'll have to wait and see!" things.

If the Living World Season One mission are in the scrying pool, perhaps the Hall of Monuments Stone will take one there, and there will be no need to play Season Two, Heart of Thorns, Season 3, Path of Fire, Season 4, Icebrood Saga.

And, even if not, I'm sure many players skipped ahead just to obtain a Mount, without spoiling the 'story'. Surely, players could do the same here, if they were so inclined.

Upgradable hub would be fine as long as it stays relevant. If the new Hub is something we can expand upon forever, basically becoming a permanent player base/home then I'm interested.

Temporary hubs are just not worth the effort imo, WoW made the same mistake with Strongholds, which became useless after the expansion ended, just as Sun's Refuge is useless now. I'm not going to invest time into upgrading a hub when I know it will be useless as soon as the next release comes.

I was very pleasantly surprised by bringing back LS1 missions though, I did not expect that.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> Eh. I don't really want to go back and play pervious content for nostalgia's sake. I would rather move onto something new other than just a handful of nice skins. I'm not saying this content will be bad it just doest interest me personally.

I agree but at least now people around here can no longer say that ANet doesn't read the forums with all of the LS1 posts that have been tossed around.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> > @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > I honestly did not expect much from the vision update but it is looking promising with new things to do and things to strive for... upgradeable hub !?

> > >

> > > Not only this but season one... I honestly did not expect this.. so many have missed out my self included and finally get a chance to try it out. Awesome!! This year has definitely been a good start .. let's keep going !

> > >

> > > /cheer

> >

> > Yep, you and the other 20 players who missed the awful Season1 are happy until you figure out how bad it was.

> > But everyone else is seeing recycled contend in a dying game. Especially people who hates to be "The General" and being forced into a guild have to relive their most hated moments.

> >

> > If that is the way Anet is going, we are on our way to maintenance mode.

>

> I would rather be able to try it out for myself to decide than take someone elses word for it. For instance, there are many movies that I personally find very enjoyable yet they receive bad ratings(Moon over Parador, Without a Clue)...and many receive amazing ratings yet I wish I could get back those hours of my life(Lost in Translation).

>

> And I have a feeling there are rather more than 20 of us.

I guess we can stop then showing new movies in the theaters because there are old ones, never watched by a couple people.

Sounds like a great business model. I really wonder how NC-Soft ended up with a finance quarter like the one they had.

> @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> I honestly did not expect much from the vision update but it is looking promising with new things to do and things to strive for... upgradeable hub !?

>

We already have a hub called Home Instance and it's bigger than the Eye of the North, but mostly nothing going on other than farming nodes. I personally would have preferred an upgradable Home Instance -- but I'm more interested on the story from other's perspective.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"hellsqueen.3045" said:

> > It ruins immersion and player experience by having that missing void of content. It wasn't fair that we didn't get to experience STORY that was a crucial part of the stories progression. It's not like a current event where other characters explain it later in the story but we got to act it out for a time and even then they have kept current events in.

> How does adding this content and tying it to a system that won't be accessed until after both expansions, three LW seasons and the first Act of Icebrood Saga address this need?

> "Hey... remember that forgettable cutscene you watched in LA six months ago? Here's more about *that* "

> This implementation does nothing but address nostalgia. It's inflating yet another hype bubble that will inevitably burst when players burn through it in a couple days.

> Tying it to the new Saga doesn't address the needs of immersion.

Even if it is in the new part of the HoM and through the skrying pool it could be delivered to new players with a message about the LS1 missions that arrives when they ding level 80 along with a HoM portal stone version 2 that takes them directly there.

> @"hellsqueen.3045" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > @"hellsqueen.3045" said:

> > > It ruins immersion and player experience by having that missing void of content. It wasn't fair that we didn't get to experience STORY that was a crucial part of the stories progression. It's not like a current event where other characters explain it later in the story but we got to act it out for a time and even then they have kept current events in.

> > How does adding this content and tying it to a system that won't be accessed until after both expansions, three LW seasons and the first Act of Icebrood Saga address this need?

> > "Hey... remember that forgettable cutscene you watched in LA six months ago? Here's more about *that* "

> > This implementation does nothing but address nostalgia. It's inflating yet another hype bubble that will inevitably burst when players burn through it in a couple days.

> > Tying it to the new Saga doesn't address the needs of immersion.

>

> It doesn't say that we are going to go through the scrying pool to get to them.

>

> If they are story missions only, then it is likely we will get a Personal Story and other such instanced story entrances.

> A nice green star on the floor right about where it would have been before and the old scenery loads up (like the Personal Stories with Old LA)

Fair enough. Let's wait and see what is delivered and then debate it's merits/shortcommings.

For the record, I believe the four missions will be accessed via the scrying pool and that there will **not** be an Episode 1 entry in the story Journal. I expect to see this content under Side Stories where the rest of "Team 4's" content has historically been placed.