Mike Zadorojny left ArenaNet

> @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> If you read the article, the Mike Z news is still largely unconfirmed. It's possible it is true, but we should wait for more information before accepting it at face value.

The very fact that Anet so far refused to respond to press inquiries about it is confirmation enough. If that was a fake news, they would have had no problem saying so.

> @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> The entire story I find interesting. It seems to imply alot of astroturfing and sockpuppeting going around in marketing. It makes me called into question how many people I get into disagreements here are just other anet employees doing the same practice.

I got accused of being one at some point, but I can confirm that I am in fact not one :)

I wouldn't buy into that idea. It's too much of a conspiracy theory with 0 proof.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> > If you read the article, the Mike Z news is still largely unconfirmed. It's possible it is true, but we should wait for more information before accepting it at face value.

> The very fact that Anet so far refused to respond to press inquiries about it is confirmation enough. If that was a fake news, they would have had no problem saying so.

>

They almost never respond to things on the weekend. I remain skeptical until we hear more.

> @"Acheron.4731" said:

> They needed new blood to get the ball rolling again.

> He was not quite cutting it on any level.

> Wish him the best though.

it wasn't never about 'needing new blood',Truth suffers......it will always be about the Truth.

-nothing more to add-

wish them all good fortune

Not sure about Massively but its late? I don't follow gaming news as closely before. Tbh, learned OP title from a friend, and it was before that article. No idea what happened behind the scenes either.

As for marketing, it's a different game nowadays. Eg. Found this well written article, short but good point:

>>https://www.engadget.com/amp/2020/03/12/guild-wars-2-third-expansion/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlYXBpcy5jb20vYXV0aC9jaHJvbWUtY29udGVudC1zdWdnZXN0aW9ucw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFsfGpiqkBBi2sk128um4qpZfXdreLWOu-gof7sGSqobMLZ-sDt6gFZqlX2Zze7KCNhjIbD8eckOO26Zk3hUpFSnAgnXIlcAfMb1cplolGkIrwK_DIG_ZdqjGx-u40kdnlVSrllYj5pIN6m5vwC8qlxWDGbm_3qhdtov2ZXwYoky

But I know, it reached me only because I play this game, many will not.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> > > If you read the article, the Mike Z news is still largely unconfirmed. It's possible it is true, but we should wait for more information before accepting it at face value.

> > The very fact that Anet so far refused to respond to press inquiries about it is confirmation enough. If that was a fake news, they would have had no problem saying so.

> >

>

> They almost never respond to things on the weekend. I remain skeptical until we hear more.

...riiight

https://massivelyop.com/2020/03/27/former-arenanet-game-mike-zadorojny-is-now-working-for-amazon-games-studios/

So, he's really gone since November. And we still officially heard nothing from Anet. They still haven;t answered Massivelyop queries either, by the way.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> It seems strange to have this upturn in communication, a positive outlook for the game and zero knowledge of who is running it. You would think the Game Director would want to interact with their community

That's not the game director's job. It should be the community liaison or community manager or someone in PR. However, I do not mean to counter the point that more communication would be preferred.