Will you be making a Legendary for the new Armory?

The negative threads I've read regarding the idea of a Legendary Armory seem to revolve around the costs people have put into multiple sets already and wanting to see something for their effort because now they only need one Legendary in each category. Or the possibility that with people only needing one Legendary per category for your entire account, the impact it will have on the overall economy. Or even all the Ascended items that can now be salvaged/scrapped.

I have specific weapons for characters that hold differing runes. I'm curious how that will play.

I think there will be an early influx of players crafting legendaries after they are allowed across characters at the same time. As long as stats/mods stay with the character and not the item, I may be willing to work on those Legendaries I have waiting in the wings.

Either way I'm not upset I crafted any of mine, I've used them for what they are worth and they have served me well.

I will craft what I have left remaining for a full legendary set which means another pistol/mace/sword and the 3 underwater legendarys. If by that time new legendary skins are released which I like I will make those too but otherwise I will craft nevermore and exitare before starting legendary armor on my alt account.

Also waiting for the end of icebrood saga to see if we get more pve legendary jewelry before making amulet/ring from WvW.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> The negative threads I've read regarding the idea of a Legendary Armory seem to revolve around the costs people have put into multiple sets already and wanting to see something for their effort because now they only need one Legendary in each category. Or the possibility that with people only needing one Legendary per category for your entire account, the impact it will have on the overall economy. Or even all the Ascended items that can now be salvaged/scrapped.

>

> I have specific weapons for characters that hold differing runes. I'm curious how that will play.

>

> I think there will be an early influx of players crafting legendaries after they are allowed across characters at the same time. As long as stats/mods stay with the character and not the item, I may be willing to work on those Legendaries I have waiting in the wings.

>

> Either way I'm not upset I crafted any of mine, I've used them for what they are worth and they have served me well.

So they announced it includes the weapons as well...because from my initial impression the Legendary Armory only applied to the armors. To answer your query though, no, it doesn't make me want to get any Legendary item more so than before, I'm still not interested.

Not any additional weapons until the monetization is announced as well. If it's something extremely high like 500-700 gems per legendary inventory slot (the pricing of shared inventory) it will be a disaster because just armor for one weight class is 6 slots and then amulet+trinkets+backpiece is another 6...

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised and it comes with purchase of equipment templates or something.

Someone I know with 50 characters (that's not a typo, fifty) is prepared to pay around $100 total (8000 gems) for the feature though. The only way that is possible if the armory is directly monetized is if it fits multiple weight legendary armors (18 pieces), backpiece (up to 3 different), trinkets (up to 2 right now), rings (2 different, 3 if you count slumbering conflux separate), amulet (very few people have it at the moment) at a minimum at roughly bag slot / bank tab pricing (400 gems = 20 to 32 slots / 600 gems = 30 slots ; before counting weapons we're at potentially 27 slots).

People with more than a few legendary weapons (i.e. more than the common sword, greatsword, axe, staff, dagger) are looking at potentially higher costs if the feature is directly monetized. The only way I could see it being viable for the masses if on a "per slot" model is if below 100-125 gems per slot (i.e. such that 600 gems gets you 6 slots for one set of armor alone let alone weapons/trinkets/back) which means even before weapons are accounted for it's roughly a $35/ 2800 gem spend to have enough slots to hold legendaries not including weapons or around $15 /1200 gems or so if you only PvE (2 trinkets, 1 ring, 1 backpiece) , have 2 weapons, and have one weight of armor (6 pieces).

That doesn't bode well for weapons such as rifle (only used by engineer, deadeye, and warrior), mace (warrior,guardian,revenant), pistol (engineer, thief, mesmer offhand). By total users (mainhands):

* Sword tops the list at 8 classes (mesmer,guardian,warrior,thief, revenant, weaver,holosmith, ranger) , i.e. everything but necro

* Staff comes close at 7 classes (daredevil, rev, necro, mesmer, elementalist, druid,guardian)

* Axe is shared by 6 classes (firebrand,warrior,ranger,necro,mesmer, rev offhand)

* Greatsword tallies in at 5 classes (guardian,warrior, ranger,mesmer,reaper) ... however it's all power damage

* Dagger is used by 5 classes (thief,ranger, spellbreaker,elementalist, necro)

* Scepter is applicable to 4 classes (guardian,elementalist,mesmer,necro)

* Hammer is used by 4 classes (warrior,scrapper,revenant,guardian)

* Longbow is more common in practice but is used by 3 classes (ranger,dragonhunter,warrior) ... more or less all power damage

* Shortbow sees use but is used by 3 classes (thief, renegade , ranger)

Offhands:

* Shield has 5 users (chrono, guardian, warrior, engineer, herald)

* Torch has 5 classes wielding it (guardian,ranger,berserker,scourge,mesmer)

* Focus sees use by 4 classes (ele,guardian,necro, mesmer)

* Warhorn has 4 classes able to use it (tempest,ranger,warrior, necro)

Also there's 7 users of spears as aquatic weapons , 5 users of tridents. A legendary armory benefits aquatic weapons the most honestly.

At 40-50 gold per ascended there's no way to break even (break even at ~40 different stat combos or characters) unless you have more than one character of a class.

Just something to keep in mind if you make weapons that only a few classes can use to begin with.

> @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> I actually switched from collecting materials for the trinkets to runes and sigils. That has a lot more use for me when they also get accountbound, especially for WvW.

Just be aware stacking sigils or "on kill" type sigils such as bloodlust may remain buggy

I was in the process of deciding which legendary weapon to start making (I have 400 curios in storage), but instead I opted to begin working on a 2nd set of Legendary Armor, for my Light armor wearers - specifically my Necro, who has multiple builds in use, and I think I want to expand that. If the Legendary Armory comes in as we 'think', and all my light armor wearing toons get to share, great stuff, but if not, my Necro alone will make good use of it.

One thing I noticed was that on a single character, if I swapped from PDPS to Condi to Support, I rarely ever used the same weapon, so even if we get this upcoming armory, I'm not sure how much value I would see from another legendary weapon vs a set of armor.

6pcs of Legendary Armor costs about 2400g worth of materials vs. 2200-2500g for a Gen 2.5 weapon, and 90 Clovers vs. 77 - so the costs are pretty close, but you get way more from your armor than you do a weapon on a single character, and if they do allow us to share armor between all characters, even better.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I haven't heard anything about this armoury except players talking about it as if it's something everyone already knows about. Does anyone know where I can find out what it actually is and how it will work?

Here's the official rundown: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100933/legendary-equipment-and-templates/p1

Here's one third party's take on the subject from 21 Mar 2020: https://massivelyop.com/2020/03/21/guild-wars-2-prepares-a-legendary-armory-for-legendary-use/

I have no issues with the armory. I do wish I knew this months ago before equipping all of my class my multiple builds with their ascended gear but it’s whatever.

The only thing that I want is the ability to turn off visual effects and hopefully the skins can be customized between builds/characters.

Just want to add some speculative info

1: Legendary armory will be added in **the next update that affects build templates**, meaning this could take months before it is released.

2: when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Not: when you bind a legendary item to your account and purchase a legendary armory slot it will be available to all. Basicly legendary armory isnt gated by gemstore.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I haven't heard anything about this armoury except players talking about it as if it's something everyone already knows about. Does anyone know where I can find out what it actually is and how it will work?

>

> Here's the official rundown: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100933/legendary-equipment-and-templates/p1

>

> Here's one third party's take on the subject from 21 Mar 2020: https://massivelyop.com/2020/03/21/guild-wars-2-prepares-a-legendary-armory-for-legendary-use/

Thanks, I missed that post. :)

Well, I guess that will save me going "I couldn't seriously have lost the Bifrost...could I?" every time I forget which character was using it. Other than that, it might affect how I use legendary armour if I ever make it, but I'm not going to make it just to try out the new system. It also depends on whether each character can have their own skins, if not then it's useless to me and I'll just stick with each character having their own armour.

Nope. After nearly 3.5k hours, I have like 3 ascended sets of armor/weapons/trinkets and currently have 11g on my only account. Legendary is still a pipe dream for me! Give me like another 3k hours and maybe. I do like the idea of an "Legendary Armory" but would have to see how it is in-game. Does make it slightly more appealing.

> @"Setz.9675" said:

> Just want to add some speculative info

>

> 1: Legendary armory will be added in **the next update that affects build templates**, meaning this could take months before it is released.

> 2: when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Not: when you bind a legendary item to your account and purchase a legendary armory slot it will be available to all. Basicly legendary armory isnt gated by gemstore.

Correction, it's not tied into the next Build Template update but the next update for Equipment Templates, those are two separate things aka they can update Equipment Templates without updating Build Templates.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I have no issues with the armory. I do wish I knew this months ago before equipping all of my class my multiple builds with their ascended gear but it’s whatever.

>

> The only thing that I want is the ability to turn off visual effects and **hopefully the skins can be customized between builds/characters**.

Knowing Anet, the skins will probably end up being shared across all characters using this armory, same as currently in the template system.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > I have no issues with the armory. I do wish I knew this months ago before equipping all of my class my multiple builds with their ascended gear but it’s whatever.

> >

> > The only thing that I want is the ability to turn off visual effects and **hopefully the skins can be customized between builds/characters**.

>

> Knowing Anet, the skins will probably end up being shared across all characters using this armory, same as currently in the template system.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > I have no issues with the armory. I do wish I knew this months ago before equipping all of my class my multiple builds with their ascended gear but it’s whatever.

> >

> > The only thing that I want is the ability to turn off visual effects and **hopefully the skins can be customized between builds/characters**.

>

> Knowing Anet, the skins will probably end up being shared across all characters using this armory, same as currently in the template system.

Since race specific skins exist, it can't.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > I have no issues with the armory. I do wish I knew this months ago before equipping all of my class my multiple builds with their ascended gear but it’s whatever.

> > >

> > > The only thing that I want is the ability to turn off visual effects and **hopefully the skins can be customized between builds/characters**.

> >

> > Knowing Anet, the skins will probably end up being shared across all characters using this armory, same as currently in the template system.

>

> Since race specific skins exist, it can't.

A combination of racial skins on legendaries and ability to move legendaries between characters was already problematic and you always had to give up on one of those. What makes you think it will suddenly work better now?