Warrior Balance Requests Omnibus

Lan Deathrider.5910

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910"

> > If we ignore reworks on FNP resets and give better functionality on block retaliate weapons it would probably help the overall state of warrior, even making mace good main hand defensive weapon could open up more off hand options.

>

> The answer to that then is thus:

> Make Riposte and Counter Attack both give a 0.75s evade during their attack animation, not just Riposte as I suggested in the main post (also suggesting increasing the evade frames from 0.5s to 0.75s from the original suggestion).

> Change their flipover skill so that if used it executes the attack rather than the attack executing upon blocking a melee attack, if the skill is not used then it grants 6 adrenaline. This is similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Counterattack

>

> Remove the chance to gain Retaliation on block from Spiked armor. Reduce the CD to 10s.

> Swap Armored Attack with Cleansing Ire. Armored Attack grants 13% of your Toughness as Power, when you block an attack you gain 3s of Retaliation, 1s CD.

>

> The CD reduction on Spiked Armor is for reducing its overall effectiveness. The increase on the stat conversion for Armored Attack is for moving it up a tier. The CD on Armored Attack is so that you cannot park yourself on overlapping AoEs to trigger the trait rapidly. The point of the Duration/CD ratio is to help deter against attacking the warrior with multi hit skills. Besides they nerfed Retaliation damage pretty hard in competitive play. Nobody should be killing themselves just by attacking a single warrior with this trait taken, but would make them pull away more quickly and stop them from spamming multihit skills on the warrior while the warrior is also attacking them.

>

> This would give the warrior more of a window to use things like Counter Blow and Riposte to better effect since it would deter multi hit skills and push foes into using large single hit attacks instead.

>

> Honestly it gives the warrior some depth that it is currently missing.

Hm that is actually very good, but I still think mace should Block for duration 1½ and get the flip skill without a dodge, while for Sword it feels like dodge would be fitting better.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910"

> > > If we ignore reworks on FNP resets and give better functionality on block retaliate weapons it would probably help the overall state of warrior, even making mace good main hand defensive weapon could open up more off hand options.

> >

> > The answer to that then is thus:

> > Make Riposte and Counter Attack both give a 0.75s evade during their attack animation, not just Riposte as I suggested in the main post (also suggesting increasing the evade frames from 0.5s to 0.75s from the original suggestion).

> > Change their flipover skill so that if used it executes the attack rather than the attack executing upon blocking a melee attack, if the skill is not used then it grants 6 adrenaline. This is similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Counterattack

> >

> > Remove the chance to gain Retaliation on block from Spiked armor. Reduce the CD to 10s.

> > Swap Armored Attack with Cleansing Ire. Armored Attack grants 13% of your Toughness as Power, when you block an attack you gain 3s of Retaliation, 1s CD.

> >

> > The CD reduction on Spiked Armor is for reducing its overall effectiveness. The increase on the stat conversion for Armored Attack is for moving it up a tier. The CD on Armored Attack is so that you cannot park yourself on overlapping AoEs to trigger the trait rapidly. The point of the Duration/CD ratio is to help deter against attacking the warrior with multi hit skills. Besides they nerfed Retaliation damage pretty hard in competitive play. Nobody should be killing themselves just by attacking a single warrior with this trait taken, but would make them pull away more quickly and stop them from spamming multihit skills on the warrior while the warrior is also attacking them.

> >

> > This would give the warrior more of a window to use things like Counter Blow and Riposte to better effect since it would deter multi hit skills and push foes into using large single hit attacks instead.

> >

> > Honestly it gives the warrior some depth that it is currently missing.

> Hm that is actually very good, but I still think mace should Block for duration 1½ and get the flip skill without a dodge, while for Sword it feels like dodge would be fitting better.

>

The current duration is 2.5s. I don't think we should be shortening it.

If you feel the evade on Counter Blow is a no go, then how about a 0.25s daze to interrupt an attack instead of evade it?

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910"

> > > > If we ignore reworks on FNP resets and give better functionality on block retaliate weapons it would probably help the overall state of warrior, even making mace good main hand defensive weapon could open up more off hand options.

> > >

> > > The answer to that then is thus:

> > > Make Riposte and Counter Attack both give a 0.75s evade during their attack animation, not just Riposte as I suggested in the main post (also suggesting increasing the evade frames from 0.5s to 0.75s from the original suggestion).

> > > Change their flipover skill so that if used it executes the attack rather than the attack executing upon blocking a melee attack, if the skill is not used then it grants 6 adrenaline. This is similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Counterattack

> > >

> > > Remove the chance to gain Retaliation on block from Spiked armor. Reduce the CD to 10s.

> > > Swap Armored Attack with Cleansing Ire. Armored Attack grants 13% of your Toughness as Power, when you block an attack you gain 3s of Retaliation, 1s CD.

> > >

> > > The CD reduction on Spiked Armor is for reducing its overall effectiveness. The increase on the stat conversion for Armored Attack is for moving it up a tier. The CD on Armored Attack is so that you cannot park yourself on overlapping AoEs to trigger the trait rapidly. The point of the Duration/CD ratio is to help deter against attacking the warrior with multi hit skills. Besides they nerfed Retaliation damage pretty hard in competitive play. Nobody should be killing themselves just by attacking a single warrior with this trait taken, but would make them pull away more quickly and stop them from spamming multihit skills on the warrior while the warrior is also attacking them.

> > >

> > > This would give the warrior more of a window to use things like Counter Blow and Riposte to better effect since it would deter multi hit skills and push foes into using large single hit attacks instead.

> > >

> > > Honestly it gives the warrior some depth that it is currently missing.

> > Hm that is actually very good, but I still think mace should Block for duration 1½ and get the flip skill without a dodge, while for Sword it feels like dodge would be fitting better.

> >

>

> The current duration is 2.5s. I don't think we should be shortening it.

>

> If you feel the evade on Counter Blow is a no go, then how about a 0.25s daze to interrupt an attack instead of evade it?

Nah dodge is fine, I just think that blocking more attacks in 1 and half seconds has better value then blocking the next attack in the next 2.5 seconds.. Also it fits the RP about blocking with the defense traitline.

• 2 weeks later...

Also I think warrior should have some tweak to the critical chance? Like Guardian/Necro/Engi got some trait which can just increase the critical chance and it's easy to fulfill the condition and the critical chance applied to general situation.

Warrior got only 2 in Arms spec

[unsuspecting Foe Unsuspecting Foe (Arms) — Increased critical-hit chance against disabled foes. Disables include stun, daze, knock back, pull, knock down, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.] this is 50% chance increast but only when foe disabled? when going PvE meta/big boss/raid the breakbar stun only last a few seconds not even worth. WvW if enemy play it right the zerg will almost have stability which render the trait useless.

[burst Precision Burst Precision (Arms) — Burst skills have an increased critical chance] Guarantee crit on burst but again not so that appealing because applied to burst only.

Take a look at Guardian

[Radiant Power (Radiance) — Attacks against burning foes have an increased chance to critically hit. Your ferocity is increased.] 10% increase when foe is burning, easy because a lot of guardian skill can also applied burn plus if PvE mostly there are always a class which apply condi so the uptime is really high.

[Righteous Instincts (Radiance) — Retaliation increases your chances to critically strike and grants might each interval.] 25% increase when there is retaliation buff, also easy to maintain

And Engi

[High Caliber (Firearms) — You have an increased critical hit chance against foes within the range threshold.] 15% increase when going melee, easy if Scrapper using Hammer and Holo using Sword this is perma increase

[Hematic Focus Hematic Focus (Firearms) — You have increased chance to critically strike against bleeding foes.] 10% increase same situation as guardian's but this is against bleeding foe instead of burning.

Those skills work in most situation and works on every attack. Warrior can take the banner benefit and precision signet but that takes 2 utility slots, and give passively 380 precision which translated into 18%, compared with Engi 25% and Guardian 35% without using utility slot.

> @"DKRathalos.9625" said:

> Also I think warrior should have some tweak to the critical chance? Like Guardian/Necro/Engi got some trait which can just increase the critical chance and it's easy to fulfill the condition and the critical chance applied to general situation.

This is something that I have been thinking about as well for quite some time.

> Warrior got only 2 in Arms spec

> [unsuspecting Foe Unsuspecting Foe (Arms) — Increased critical-hit chance against disabled foes. Disables include stun, daze, knock back, pull, knock down, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.] this is 50% chance increast but only when foe disabled? when going PvE meta/big boss/raid the breakbar stun only last a few seconds not even worth. WvW if enemy play it right the zerg will almost have stability which render the trait useless.

Unsuspecting Foe is something that works best in small scale engagements, and is also something that existed prior to breakbars.

Should it be updated? Hard to say. I've used it to great effect on low precision builds in the past, but that was while solo roaming in WvW. I definitely see where it is lacking in high end PvE and zerg play.

It could be an effect that gives you +50% crit chance for 2s after inflicting a CC, but that becomes the same issue with Breakbars and zergs.

What might be better is to do what other classes do and make Unsuspecting Foe alter Fury, and grant Fury when you CC a foe.

Unsuspecting Foe: Fury you gain grants increased critical hit chance. Successful control effects grant Fury for 5s (10s icd).

Fury: Gain +40% crit chance.

Then with no Precision invested whenever you fain Fury your base crit chance would be 45%. Makes Valkyrie a more attractive option then.

> [burst Precision Burst Precision (Arms) — Burst skills have an increased critical chance] Guarantee crit on burst but again not so that appealing because applied to burst only.

Something that I recommended up above is for Burst Precision to linger for 1s per Adrenaline bar spent which would give the effect that you are looking for. Core would be able to almost perma maintain this buff, but it would not be 100% uptime. Spellbreaker would not be able to maintain it for long, but would benefit from it. Berserker would make great use of it, particularly Axe in PvE.

> Take a look at Guardian

> [Radiant Power (Radiance) — Attacks against burning foes have an increased chance to critically hit. Your ferocity is increased.] 10% increase when foe is burning, easy because a lot of guardian skill can also applied burn plus if PvE mostly there are always a class which apply condi so the uptime is really high.

>

> [Righteous Instincts (Radiance) — Retaliation increases your chances to critically strike and grants might each interval.] 25% increase when there is retaliation buff, also easy to maintain

>

> And Engi

> [High Caliber (Firearms) — You have an increased critical hit chance against foes within the range threshold.] 15% increase when going melee, easy if Scrapper using Hammer and Holo using Sword this is perma increase

> [Hematic Focus Hematic Focus (Firearms) — You have increased chance to critically strike against bleeding foes.] 10% increase same situation as guardian's but this is against bleeding foe instead of burning.

>

> Those skills work in most situation and works on every attack. Warrior can take the banner benefit and precision signet but that takes 2 utility slots, and give passively 380 precision which translated into 18%, compared with Engi 25% and Guardian 35% without using utility slot.

See the Burst Precision change I've recommended previously and my suggestion for Unsuspecting Foe listed here.

> Unsuspecting Foe: Fury you gain grants increased critical hit chance. Successful control effects grant Fury for 5s (10s icd).

> Fury: Gain +40% crit chance.

>

> Then with no Precision invested whenever you fain Fury your base crit chance would be 45%. Makes Valkyrie a more attractive option then.

This alone is already valuable Lan, that's extra 20% is I think sweet spot since warrior still have banner so if 200precision more means it's just 10 more precision for 10%.

Roughly with banner improve and fury active we get +50% crit chance already.

But the thing is, is this should be on [Arms] Spec still? I think we talk about how to redesign arm to fit the Condi Play rather than Power.

So I am thinking move the Unsuspecting Foe to Strength/Tactic/Disc. Then give Arms something new for condi play?

Arms is currently condi/crits and completely useless outside of meme builds in PvP for three reasons. It doesn't have outright damage buffs for power besides guaranteed crits. (Intelligence Sigil makes this irrelevant) it doesn't have any form of sustain. Warrior's condition weapons are bad and even then the most worthwhile Condi traits aren't even in arms. Remember confusion on interrupt in HoT? Strength. Body Blow? Strength. Burning Longbow autos? Discipline. Playing Condi zerker? Well you need discipline by default unless you really don't want to take advantage of the only beneficial part of the class. Zerker can be your Condi line and now you need sustain. No room for Arms. The only thing worthwhile is the bulk ferocity and vulnerability. It makes a good meme one shot zerker and that's about it.

It needs reworks badly. Give it something like siphon hp on CC or vulnerability. Give it more condition variety. Stronger vulnerability. Give it healing on crits like S&M. It needs something to make it compare to the other lines.

Speaking of which let me refine some ideas on core traits:

1. Vengenful Return is removed as a minor master trait from Discipline.

2. Swap Axe Mastery for Furious as GM of Arms and Discipline respectively. Furious now grants adrenaline on critical hit and Furious Surge grants increased precision per stack (max 25).

3. Bloodlust replaces Deep Strikes.

4. Dual Wielding becomes Discipline's Major Adept in place of Vengenful Return, no restriction on off-hand or main-hand weapons.

5. New Major Arms GM: **Crisis** : "When below the health threshold (50%) grant yourself improved fury (imrpoves condi and power dmg by 2%). When below 25% health, gain double the increase and when below 12.5% , quadruple.

6. Minor Arms GM: 'reworked Vengenful Return' , gain 75% chance to rally (rallying restores 25% of health and 50 endurance), deal more damage after rallying (5% for 10 seconds)

Then maybe something like:

*Opportunist : Applying Movement Impair conditions (cripple, immobilize, chill etc) grants adrenaline (5) and heals per adrenaline point gained for 1% of your health?

Something more focused on survivability...not sure.

This were some ideas I had, but ofc they need further refinement. I wanted to focus on making Arms a traitline that can be used outside condi and meme builds, while Discipline still needs some tweaks (if we are to release warriors from always picking Discipline).

> @"DKRathalos.9625" said:

> > Unsuspecting Foe: Fury you gain grants increased critical hit chance. Successful control effects grant Fury for 5s (10s icd).

> > Fury: Gain +40% crit chance.

> >

> > Then with no Precision invested whenever you fain Fury your base crit chance would be 45%. Makes Valkyrie a more attractive option then.

>

> This alone is already valuable Lan, that's extra 20% is I think sweet spot since warrior still have banner so if 200precision more means it's just 10 more precision for 10%.

> Roughly with banner improve and fury active we get +50% crit chance already.

> But the thing is, is this should be on [Arms] Spec still? I think we talk about how to redesign arm to fit the Condi Play rather than Power.

>

> So I am thinking move the Unsuspecting Foe to Strength/Tactic/Disc. Then give Arms something new for condi play?

>

>

As @"Tycura.1982" said it is the condi crit tree, so this is it's home.

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> Arms is currently condi/crits and completely useless outside of meme builds in PvP for three reasons. It doesn't have outright damage buffs for power besides guaranteed crits. (Intelligence Sigil makes this irrelevant) it doesn't have any form of sustain. Warrior's condition weapons are bad and even then the most worthwhile Condi traits aren't even in arms. Remember confusion on interrupt in HoT? Strength. Body Blow? Strength. Burning Longbow autos? Discipline. Playing Condi zerker? Well you need discipline by default unless you really don't want to take advantage of the only beneficial part of the class. Zerker can be your Condi line and now you need sustain. No room for Arms. The only thing worthwhile is the bulk ferocity and vulnerability. It makes a good meme one shot zerker and that's about it.

>

> It needs reworks badly. Give it something like siphon hp on CC or vulnerability. Give it more condition variety. Stronger vulnerability. Give it healing on crits like S&M. It needs something to make it compare to the other lines.

I have recommended that sundering burst also heal per stack of vuln inflicted.

You are right that all our condi traits are scattered and need to be colocated.

Things I'd like to see:

Wounding precision applied torment when you cripple or immobilize a foe, 2 stacks 5s, no icd.

Unsuspecting Foe inflicts confusion when you strike a controlled foe. 1 stack 5s. No icd.

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> Arms is currently condi/crits and completely useless outside of meme builds in PvP for three reasons. It doesn't have outright damage buffs for power besides guaranteed crits. (Intelligence Sigil makes this irrelevant) it doesn't have any form of sustain. Warrior's condition weapons are bad and even then the most worthwhile Condi traits aren't even in arms. Remember confusion on interrupt in HoT? Strength. Body Blow? Strength. Burning Longbow autos? Discipline. Playing Condi zerker? Well you need discipline by default unless you really don't want to take advantage of the only beneficial part of the class. Zerker can be your Condi line and now you need sustain. No room for Arms. The only thing worthwhile is the bulk ferocity and vulnerability. It makes a good meme one shot zerker and that's about it.

>

> It needs reworks badly. Give it something like siphon hp on CC or vulnerability. Give it more condition variety. Stronger vulnerability. Give it healing on crits like S&M. It needs something to make it compare to the other lines.

arms is currently stat buff, may as well just be a mini amulet at this point.

look at other classes, burn on crit, torment on weapon swap, spirit weapon apply burns, steal apply confusion etc.

if you just move the entire second roll of berserker to arms, and it wouldn't be out of place comparing what other classes get from traits, for how trash the sustain the class currently has.

(all thanks to limited damage option tbh, warrior sustain shouldn't be trash if you only look at stats, but in reality, the only way for war to do any decent damage is to stick to enemy perma with 0 decent gap closer and bugging you midway)

or you can just fix war sustain and make berserker condi viable, tho it's not encouraged, we all know how buffing sustain works for warrior since 2013, just unkillable tanky build that kills enemy in 5mins on point and get nerfed after 2-3 months.

like right now the entirety of warrior sustain is dependent on full counter, yet it's not enough, it also needs tanky amulet

side node condi sb maybe playable with the sustain stats from condi ammy like carrion or rabid, but sb does basically 0 condition damage, not even with arms

because arms is only stat buff, stat buff to non existence, is still non existence..unlike taking "arms" from other classes

• 1 month later...

The banner change is pretty boring. While it does increase their effectiveness, the solution doesn't address how mechanically uninteresting they are. If anything it makes it worse by turn them into aoe signets, minus the active.

I think proposed solutions should center around the banner's theme of area control. Right now that focuses on ally enhancement. But it could also, for example, cripple foes that leave the banner's area.

Mechanically this can be achieved by giving a debuff to enemies, and when the debuff expires they are cripple for several seconds. The debuff could be the same across all banners in order to reduce effect bloat. Could call it something like: "Banner's Challenge" Target is crippled for X sec when effect expires.

This would help keeps foes inside the effective range of the banner, would trigger even on foes who teleport through the threshold, encumber fleeing foes (help chase), give control over the effect's activation to the warrior (picking up the banner), and has good synergy with the typically close range style of most warrior builds and cripple traits.

The only thing to note is that there would be a short delay between leaving the banner and the effect expiring. I dont see that as a big deal though.

> @"Arewn.2368" said:

> The banner change is pretty boring. While it does increase their effectiveness, the solution doesn't address how mechanically uninteresting they are. If anything it makes it worse by turn them into aoe signets, minus the active.

>

> I think proposed solutions should center around the banner's theme of area control. Right now that focuses on ally enhancement. But it could also, for example, cripple foes that leave the banner's area.

> Mechanically this can be achieved by giving a debuff to enemies, and when the debuff expires they are cripple for several seconds. The debuff could be the same across all banners in order to reduce effect bloat. Could call it something like: "Banner's Challenge" Target is crippled for X sec when effect expires.

> This would help keeps foes inside the effective range of the banner, would trigger even on foes who teleport through the threshold, encumber fleeing foes (help chase), give control over the effect's activation to the warrior (picking up the banner), and has good synergy with the typically close range style of most warrior builds and cripple traits.

> The only thing to note is that there would be a short delay between leaving the banner and the effect expiring. I dont see that as a big deal though.

I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

Edit: or what Lan has written in the main page about banners.

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> Do you guys think that Sight Beyond Sight can be somehow upgraded to be more useful? I'm not gonna lie when I say that I have seen 0 builds in any gamemode using this skill.

>

> The only time I used it, was with a Thetherbreaker build and "On My Mark" to find a perma-stelth Deadeye in upper SM.

The only real way to buff SBS would be for it to persist for some number of seconds for blind immunity for that duration. Tell me, do you think that would be OP? I think such a change would make that skill mandatory in some people's minds.

>

> I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

> 1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

> 2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

> 3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

> 4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

> 5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

>

> The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

I agree about the fast moving meta. But that's why I think we need more counter measures against it, rather then always playing into it.

Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take the design.

Do we want to further enhance warrior mobility in order to keep up with enemy mobility, or do we want to provide more tools to hamper enemy mobility?

It certainly is a fast moving meta. But I don't think the answer to that is to remove every thing that is slow.

> > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > Do you guys think that Sight Beyond Sight can be somehow upgraded to be more useful? I'm not gonna lie when I say that I have seen 0 builds in any gamemode using this skill.

> >

> > The only time I used it, was with a Thetherbreaker build and "On My Mark" to find a perma-stelth Deadeye in upper SM.

>

> The only real way to buff SBS would be for it to persist for some number of seconds for blind immunity for that duration. Tell me, do you think that would be OP? I think such a change would make that skill mandatory in some people's minds.

We fall down the same rabbit hole I guess. As in, a skill which doesnt bring much to the table, when Featherfoot Grace, Berserker's Stance and "Shake it Off" can deal with blind. Then again, wasting cleanses and resistance (which can be ripped) for blind is not optimal. At the same time, the scale in which thieves, engineers and even elementalists can spam blind on you is unreal.

So maybe 3 seconds of blind immunity and removal of the condition per charge? I don't think that's OP. But to pump it up a little, lower SBS effect to 3 seconds as well and make it that _any_ attack delivered in that timeframe will critically strike. A single attack can be easily avoided unless you have been preparing some cc/immob chain to deliver it. But this idea may be too strong.

> @"Arewn.2368" said:

> >

> > I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

> > 1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

> > 2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

> > 3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

> > 4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

> > 5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

> >

> > The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

>

> I agree about the fast moving meta. But that's why I think we need more counter measures against it, rather then always playing into it.

> Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take the design.

> Do we want to further enhance warrior mobility in order to keep up with enemy mobility, or do we want to provide more tools to hamper enemy mobility?

>

> It certainly is a fast moving meta. But I don't think the answer to that is to remove every thing that is slow.

Everything you say makes total sense. The way I see it, Anet could go for either route. Depends on who they listen to when wanting advice for balance patches. Thief SB 5 got 'nerfed' in that sense. Warrior can have some pretty good mobility already ngl, but it's that the other classes can react faster which matters. Ideally banners as a mechanic doesn't change, gets an increased radius and maybe pulse something like Weakness (or movement impairing condis, depending on the banner, not damaging condis) once per 10 sec for 1 sec, making it a small field of protection the warrior can utilize. This can counter enemy brutally coming on you (which happens a lot rn, just pass through a warrior with enough condi and they die) and you don't have to necesserarily amp warrior mobility.

But I don't expect such updtaes on Core and Anet will try to make up for it with some new busted espec. Well that may sound good for warrior mains, but I don't want the new espec to kill Berserker or Core more than currently.

> > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > Do you guys think that Sight Beyond Sight can be somehow upgraded to be more useful? I'm not gonna lie when I say that I have seen 0 builds in any gamemode using this skill.

> > >

> > > The only time I used it, was with a Thetherbreaker build and "On My Mark" to find a perma-stelth Deadeye in upper SM.

> >

> > The only real way to buff SBS would be for it to persist for some number of seconds for blind immunity for that duration. Tell me, do you think that would be OP? I think such a change would make that skill mandatory in some people's minds.

>

> We fall down the same rabbit hole I guess. As in, a skill which doesnt bring much to the table, when Featherfoot Grace, Berserker's Stance and "Shake it Off" can deal with blind. Then again, wasting cleanses and resistance (which can be ripped) for blind is not optimal. At the same time, the scale in which thieves, engineers and even elementalists can spam blind on you is unreal.

>

> So maybe 3 seconds of blind immunity and removal of the condition per charge? I don't think that's OP. But to pump it up a little, lower SBS effect to 3 seconds as well and make it that _any_ attack delivered in that timeframe will critically strike. A single attack can be easily avoided unless you have been preparing some cc/immob chain to deliver it. But this idea may be too strong.

Sight beyond Sight (3s): Your attacks critically hit and blind duration is reduced by 100%.

Revealed (3s): You cannot stealth

Blind Condition Removed

Number of Targets: 5

Maximum Count: 2

Count Recharge: 20 seconds

Radius: 600

Increase recharge to 5s from 1s.

I think you'd have to make the recharge between uses greater than the current 1s, 5s seems balanced to me. You can use it, then weapon swap with a Sigil of Vision, and then reuse the meditation for a small period of 100% crit rate.

>

> > @"Arewn.2368" said:

> > >

> > > I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

> > > 1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

> > > 2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

> > > 3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

> > > 4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

> > > 5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

> > >

> > > The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

> >

> > I agree about the fast moving meta. But that's why I think we need more counter measures against it, rather then always playing into it.

> > Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take the design.

> > Do we want to further enhance warrior mobility in order to keep up with enemy mobility, or do we want to provide more tools to hamper enemy mobility?

> >

> > It certainly is a fast moving meta. But I don't think the answer to that is to remove every thing that is slow.

>

> Everything you say makes total sense. The way I see it, Anet could go for either route. Depends on who they listen to when wanting advice for balance patches. Thief SB 5 got 'nerfed' in that sense. Warrior can have some pretty good mobility already ngl, but it's that the other classes can react faster which matters. Ideally banners as a mechanic doesn't change, gets an increased radius and maybe pulse something like Weakness (or movement impairing condis, depending on the banner, not damaging condis) once per 10 sec for 1 sec, making it a small field of protection the warrior can utilize. This can counter enemy brutally coming on you (which happens a lot rn, just pass through a warrior with enough condi and they die) and you don't have to necesserarily amp warrior mobility.

>

> But I don't expect such updtaes on Core and Anet will try to make up for it with some new busted espec. Well that may sound good for warrior mains, but I don't want the new espec to kill Berserker or Core more than currently.

Honestly if Banners had pulsing negative effects on the enemy that would be great, even better if they stayed with the warrior as they move. At best we could expect for them to pulse cripple, maybe weakness.

If they pulsed conditions in their area right now they would be marginally more useful in competitive play.

I'd be a fan for pulsing immobilize and slow for 1s each every 3s. But that would get way too much QQ on the forums.

> @"Arewn.2368" said:

> >

> > I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

> > 1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

> > 2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

> > 3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

> > 4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

> > 5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

> >

> > The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

>

> I agree about the fast moving meta. But that's why I think we need more counter measures against it, rather then always playing into it.

> Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take the design.

> Do we want to further enhance warrior mobility in order to keep up with enemy mobility, or do we want to provide more tools to hamper enemy mobility?

>

> It certainly is a fast moving meta. But I don't think the answer to that is to remove every thing that is slow.

Imo warrior mobility is fine, if they returned some damage on cc back to warr than wars could actually punish specs more mobile than it when their caught in the warriors telegraphed cc skills. Imo that would be a better approach than buffing warrior's mobility as its plenty mobile as is.

> > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > Do you guys think that Sight Beyond Sight can be somehow upgraded to be more useful? I'm not gonna lie when I say that I have seen 0 builds in any gamemode using this skill.

> > > >

> > > > The only time I used it, was with a Thetherbreaker build and "On My Mark" to find a perma-stelth Deadeye in upper SM.

> > >

> > > The only real way to buff SBS would be for it to persist for some number of seconds for blind immunity for that duration. Tell me, do you think that would be OP? I think such a change would make that skill mandatory in some people's minds.

> >

> > We fall down the same rabbit hole I guess. As in, a skill which doesnt bring much to the table, when Featherfoot Grace, Berserker's Stance and "Shake it Off" can deal with blind. Then again, wasting cleanses and resistance (which can be ripped) for blind is not optimal. At the same time, the scale in which thieves, engineers and even elementalists can spam blind on you is unreal.

> >

> > So maybe 3 seconds of blind immunity and removal of the condition per charge? I don't think that's OP. But to pump it up a little, lower SBS effect to 3 seconds as well and make it that _any_ attack delivered in that timeframe will critically strike. A single attack can be easily avoided unless you have been preparing some cc/immob chain to deliver it. But this idea may be too strong.

>

> Sight beyond Sight (3s): Your attacks critically hit and blind duration is reduced by 100%.

> Revealed (3s): You cannot stealth

> Blind Condition Removed

> Number of Targets: 5

> Maximum Count: 2

> Count Recharge: 20 seconds

> Radius: 600

>

> Increase recharge to 5s from 1s.

>

> I think you'd have to make the recharge between uses greater than the current 1s, 5s seems balanced to me. You can use it, then weapon swap with a Sigil of Vision, and then reuse the meditation for a small period of 100% crit rate.

>

> >

> > > @"Arewn.2368" said:

> > > >

> > > > I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

> > > > 1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

> > > > 2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

> > > > 3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

> > > > 4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

> > > > 5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

> > > >

> > > > The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

> > >

> > > I agree about the fast moving meta. But that's why I think we need more counter measures against it, rather then always playing into it.

> > > Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take the design.

> > > Do we want to further enhance warrior mobility in order to keep up with enemy mobility, or do we want to provide more tools to hamper enemy mobility?

> > >

> > > It certainly is a fast moving meta. But I don't think the answer to that is to remove every thing that is slow.

> >

> > Everything you say makes total sense. The way I see it, Anet could go for either route. Depends on who they listen to when wanting advice for balance patches. Thief SB 5 got 'nerfed' in that sense. Warrior can have some pretty good mobility already ngl, but it's that the other classes can react faster which matters. Ideally banners as a mechanic doesn't change, gets an increased radius and maybe pulse something like Weakness (or movement impairing condis, depending on the banner, not damaging condis) once per 10 sec for 1 sec, making it a small field of protection the warrior can utilize. This can counter enemy brutally coming on you (which happens a lot rn, just pass through a warrior with enough condi and they die) and you don't have to necesserarily amp warrior mobility.

> >

> > But I don't expect such updtaes on Core and Anet will try to make up for it with some new busted espec. Well that may sound good for warrior mains, but I don't want the new espec to kill Berserker or Core more than currently.

>

> Honestly if Banners had pulsing negative effects on the enemy that would be great, even better if they stayed with the warrior as they move. At best we could expect for them to pulse cripple, maybe weakness.

>

> If they pulsed conditions in their area right now they would be marginally more useful in competitive play.

>

> I'd be a fan for pulsing immobilize and slow for 1s each every 3s. But that would get way too much QQ on the forums.

Speaking of which! Pulsing immob, ooooor pulsing cripple and when traited with the 1st major adept in tactics covert it to immob?

Weakness would also finally make us go for Cull of the Weak, which I don't see synergizing with anything else other than "Fear Me!"

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > > Do you guys think that Sight Beyond Sight can be somehow upgraded to be more useful? I'm not gonna lie when I say that I have seen 0 builds in any gamemode using this skill.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only time I used it, was with a Thetherbreaker build and "On My Mark" to find a perma-stelth Deadeye in upper SM.

> > > >

> > > > The only real way to buff SBS would be for it to persist for some number of seconds for blind immunity for that duration. Tell me, do you think that would be OP? I think such a change would make that skill mandatory in some people's minds.

> > >

> > > We fall down the same rabbit hole I guess. As in, a skill which doesnt bring much to the table, when Featherfoot Grace, Berserker's Stance and "Shake it Off" can deal with blind. Then again, wasting cleanses and resistance (which can be ripped) for blind is not optimal. At the same time, the scale in which thieves, engineers and even elementalists can spam blind on you is unreal.

> > >

> > > So maybe 3 seconds of blind immunity and removal of the condition per charge? I don't think that's OP. But to pump it up a little, lower SBS effect to 3 seconds as well and make it that _any_ attack delivered in that timeframe will critically strike. A single attack can be easily avoided unless you have been preparing some cc/immob chain to deliver it. But this idea may be too strong.

> >

> > Sight beyond Sight (3s): Your attacks critically hit and blind duration is reduced by 100%.

> > Revealed (3s): You cannot stealth

> > Blind Condition Removed

> > Number of Targets: 5

> > Maximum Count: 2

> > Count Recharge: 20 seconds

> > Radius: 600

> >

> > Increase recharge to 5s from 1s.

> >

> > I think you'd have to make the recharge between uses greater than the current 1s, 5s seems balanced to me. You can use it, then weapon swap with a Sigil of Vision, and then reuse the meditation for a small period of 100% crit rate.

> >

> > >

> > > > @"Arewn.2368" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

> > > > > 1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

> > > > > 2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

> > > > > 3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

> > > > > 4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

> > > > > 5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

> > > > >

> > > > > The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

> > > >

> > > > I agree about the fast moving meta. But that's why I think we need more counter measures against it, rather then always playing into it.

> > > > Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take the design.

> > > > Do we want to further enhance warrior mobility in order to keep up with enemy mobility, or do we want to provide more tools to hamper enemy mobility?

> > > >

> > > > It certainly is a fast moving meta. But I don't think the answer to that is to remove every thing that is slow.

> > >

> > > Everything you say makes total sense. The way I see it, Anet could go for either route. Depends on who they listen to when wanting advice for balance patches. Thief SB 5 got 'nerfed' in that sense. Warrior can have some pretty good mobility already ngl, but it's that the other classes can react faster which matters. Ideally banners as a mechanic doesn't change, gets an increased radius and maybe pulse something like Weakness (or movement impairing condis, depending on the banner, not damaging condis) once per 10 sec for 1 sec, making it a small field of protection the warrior can utilize. This can counter enemy brutally coming on you (which happens a lot rn, just pass through a warrior with enough condi and they die) and you don't have to necesserarily amp warrior mobility.

> > >

> > > But I don't expect such updtaes on Core and Anet will try to make up for it with some new busted espec. Well that may sound good for warrior mains, but I don't want the new espec to kill Berserker or Core more than currently.

> >

> > Honestly if Banners had pulsing negative effects on the enemy that would be great, even better if they stayed with the warrior as they move. At best we could expect for them to pulse cripple, maybe weakness.

> >

> > If they pulsed conditions in their area right now they would be marginally more useful in competitive play.

> >

> > I'd be a fan for pulsing immobilize and slow for 1s each every 3s. But that would get way too much QQ on the forums.

>

> Speaking of which! Pulsing immob, ooooor pulsing cripple and when traited with the 1st major adept in tactics covert it to immob?

>

> Weakness would also finally make us go for Cull of the Weak, which I don't see synergizing with anything else other than "Fear Me!"

Well Leg Specialist has a 12s CD, so it would only kick in occasionally. Immobilize is something that I'd like to see more prevalent as an AoE condition on Warrior. I can think of a few decent Immob builds right now, but are all mostly single target immobs, so the effectiveness is limited.

Cull The Weak would be better if it applied weakness on a critical hit rather than on a health threshold. The only reliable sources of weakness are on CC weapons or if you have Body Blow slotted. If Body Blow did power damage rather than bleed I could see people taking it and CTW as it is right now. Beyond that CTW doesn't have much synergy with our DPS weapons, certainly not enough to take it over Shield Mastery which is a superior trait.

> > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > > > Do you guys think that Sight Beyond Sight can be somehow upgraded to be more useful? I'm not gonna lie when I say that I have seen 0 builds in any gamemode using this skill.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The only time I used it, was with a Thetherbreaker build and "On My Mark" to find a perma-stelth Deadeye in upper SM.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only real way to buff SBS would be for it to persist for some number of seconds for blind immunity for that duration. Tell me, do you think that would be OP? I think such a change would make that skill mandatory in some people's minds.

> > > >

> > > > We fall down the same rabbit hole I guess. As in, a skill which doesnt bring much to the table, when Featherfoot Grace, Berserker's Stance and "Shake it Off" can deal with blind. Then again, wasting cleanses and resistance (which can be ripped) for blind is not optimal. At the same time, the scale in which thieves, engineers and even elementalists can spam blind on you is unreal.

> > > >

> > > > So maybe 3 seconds of blind immunity and removal of the condition per charge? I don't think that's OP. But to pump it up a little, lower SBS effect to 3 seconds as well and make it that _any_ attack delivered in that timeframe will critically strike. A single attack can be easily avoided unless you have been preparing some cc/immob chain to deliver it. But this idea may be too strong.

> > >

> > > Sight beyond Sight (3s): Your attacks critically hit and blind duration is reduced by 100%.

> > > Revealed (3s): You cannot stealth

> > > Blind Condition Removed

> > > Number of Targets: 5

> > > Maximum Count: 2

> > > Count Recharge: 20 seconds

> > > Radius: 600

> > >

> > > Increase recharge to 5s from 1s.

> > >

> > > I think you'd have to make the recharge between uses greater than the current 1s, 5s seems balanced to me. You can use it, then weapon swap with a Sigil of Vision, and then reuse the meditation for a small period of 100% crit rate.

> > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"Arewn.2368" said:

> > > > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

> > > > > > 1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

> > > > > > 2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

> > > > > > 3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

> > > > > > 4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

> > > > > > 5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree about the fast moving meta. But that's why I think we need more counter measures against it, rather then always playing into it.

> > > > > Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take the design.

> > > > > Do we want to further enhance warrior mobility in order to keep up with enemy mobility, or do we want to provide more tools to hamper enemy mobility?

> > > > >

> > > > > It certainly is a fast moving meta. But I don't think the answer to that is to remove every thing that is slow.

> > > >

> > > > Everything you say makes total sense. The way I see it, Anet could go for either route. Depends on who they listen to when wanting advice for balance patches. Thief SB 5 got 'nerfed' in that sense. Warrior can have some pretty good mobility already ngl, but it's that the other classes can react faster which matters. Ideally banners as a mechanic doesn't change, gets an increased radius and maybe pulse something like Weakness (or movement impairing condis, depending on the banner, not damaging condis) once per 10 sec for 1 sec, making it a small field of protection the warrior can utilize. This can counter enemy brutally coming on you (which happens a lot rn, just pass through a warrior with enough condi and they die) and you don't have to necesserarily amp warrior mobility.

> > > >

> > > > But I don't expect such updtaes on Core and Anet will try to make up for it with some new busted espec. Well that may sound good for warrior mains, but I don't want the new espec to kill Berserker or Core more than currently.

> > >

> > > Honestly if Banners had pulsing negative effects on the enemy that would be great, even better if they stayed with the warrior as they move. At best we could expect for them to pulse cripple, maybe weakness.

> > >

> > > If they pulsed conditions in their area right now they would be marginally more useful in competitive play.

> > >

> > > I'd be a fan for pulsing immobilize and slow for 1s each every 3s. But that would get way too much QQ on the forums.

> >

> > Speaking of which! Pulsing immob, ooooor pulsing cripple and when traited with the 1st major adept in tactics covert it to immob?

> >

> > Weakness would also finally make us go for Cull of the Weak, which I don't see synergizing with anything else other than "Fear Me!"

>

> Well Leg Specialist has a 12s CD, so it would only kick in occasionally. Immobilize is something that I'd like to see more prevalent as an AoE condition on Warrior. I can think of a few decent Immob builds right now, but are all mostly single target immobs, so the effectiveness is limited.

>

> Cull The Weak would be better if it applied weakness on a critical hit rather than on a health threshold. The only reliable sources of weakness are on CC weapons or if you have Body Blow slotted. If Body Blow did power damage rather than bleed I could see people taking it and CTW as it is right now. Beyond that CTW doesn't have much synergy with our DPS weapons, certainly not enough to take it over Shield Mastery which is a superior trait.

With a pretty high chance of critically hitting, at what rate would you refersh CTW's weakness application? A 5 second interval? More? Less?

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > > > > Do you guys think that Sight Beyond Sight can be somehow upgraded to be more useful? I'm not gonna lie when I say that I have seen 0 builds in any gamemode using this skill.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The only time I used it, was with a Thetherbreaker build and "On My Mark" to find a perma-stelth Deadeye in upper SM.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The only real way to buff SBS would be for it to persist for some number of seconds for blind immunity for that duration. Tell me, do you think that would be OP? I think such a change would make that skill mandatory in some people's minds.

> > > > >

> > > > > We fall down the same rabbit hole I guess. As in, a skill which doesnt bring much to the table, when Featherfoot Grace, Berserker's Stance and "Shake it Off" can deal with blind. Then again, wasting cleanses and resistance (which can be ripped) for blind is not optimal. At the same time, the scale in which thieves, engineers and even elementalists can spam blind on you is unreal.

> > > > >

> > > > > So maybe 3 seconds of blind immunity and removal of the condition per charge? I don't think that's OP. But to pump it up a little, lower SBS effect to 3 seconds as well and make it that _any_ attack delivered in that timeframe will critically strike. A single attack can be easily avoided unless you have been preparing some cc/immob chain to deliver it. But this idea may be too strong.

> > > >

> > > > Sight beyond Sight (3s): Your attacks critically hit and blind duration is reduced by 100%.

> > > > Revealed (3s): You cannot stealth

> > > > Blind Condition Removed

> > > > Number of Targets: 5

> > > > Maximum Count: 2

> > > > Count Recharge: 20 seconds

> > > > Radius: 600

> > > >

> > > > Increase recharge to 5s from 1s.

> > > >

> > > > I think you'd have to make the recharge between uses greater than the current 1s, 5s seems balanced to me. You can use it, then weapon swap with a Sigil of Vision, and then reuse the meditation for a small period of 100% crit rate.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Arewn.2368" said:

> > > > > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'd advocate for banners to fuctions similarly to Gyros. Using the banner adds it to your back (just the flag in an even smaller size, so you can fit 3 from utilities and 1 from the elite). Same effects, constant pusle of the banner ability and traited banners applying a unique boon:

> > > > > > > 1) Of strength: 3 might per interval (3 sec?)

> > > > > > > 2) Of Defense: Protection for 3 sec

> > > > > > > 3) Of Tactics: Regen for 3 sec

> > > > > > > 4) Of Dicipline: Fury for 3 sec

> > > > > > > 5) Elite: Either improved versions of the current boons, or keep it as is and add retal for 5 sec every 10 sec

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The possibilities are endless, but in a fast moving meta, stationary enhancement skills are usually subpar.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree about the fast moving meta. But that's why I think we need more counter measures against it, rather then always playing into it.

> > > > > > Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take the design.

> > > > > > Do we want to further enhance warrior mobility in order to keep up with enemy mobility, or do we want to provide more tools to hamper enemy mobility?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It certainly is a fast moving meta. But I don't think the answer to that is to remove every thing that is slow.

> > > > >

> > > > > Everything you say makes total sense. The way I see it, Anet could go for either route. Depends on who they listen to when wanting advice for balance patches. Thief SB 5 got 'nerfed' in that sense. Warrior can have some pretty good mobility already ngl, but it's that the other classes can react faster which matters. Ideally banners as a mechanic doesn't change, gets an increased radius and maybe pulse something like Weakness (or movement impairing condis, depending on the banner, not damaging condis) once per 10 sec for 1 sec, making it a small field of protection the warrior can utilize. This can counter enemy brutally coming on you (which happens a lot rn, just pass through a warrior with enough condi and they die) and you don't have to necesserarily amp warrior mobility.

> > > > >

> > > > > But I don't expect such updtaes on Core and Anet will try to make up for it with some new busted espec. Well that may sound good for warrior mains, but I don't want the new espec to kill Berserker or Core more than currently.

> > > >

> > > > Honestly if Banners had pulsing negative effects on the enemy that would be great, even better if they stayed with the warrior as they move. At best we could expect for them to pulse cripple, maybe weakness.

> > > >

> > > > If they pulsed conditions in their area right now they would be marginally more useful in competitive play.

> > > >

> > > > I'd be a fan for pulsing immobilize and slow for 1s each every 3s. But that would get way too much QQ on the forums.

> > >

> > > Speaking of which! Pulsing immob, ooooor pulsing cripple and when traited with the 1st major adept in tactics covert it to immob?

> > >

> > > Weakness would also finally make us go for Cull of the Weak, which I don't see synergizing with anything else other than "Fear Me!"

> >

> > Well Leg Specialist has a 12s CD, so it would only kick in occasionally. Immobilize is something that I'd like to see more prevalent as an AoE condition on Warrior. I can think of a few decent Immob builds right now, but are all mostly single target immobs, so the effectiveness is limited.

> >

> > Cull The Weak would be better if it applied weakness on a critical hit rather than on a health threshold. The only reliable sources of weakness are on CC weapons or if you have Body Blow slotted. If Body Blow did power damage rather than bleed I could see people taking it and CTW as it is right now. Beyond that CTW doesn't have much synergy with our DPS weapons, certainly not enough to take it over Shield Mastery which is a superior trait.

>

> With a pretty high chance of critically hitting, at what rate would you refersh CTW's weakness application? A 5 second interval? More? Less?

Either guaranteed on a crit with a 5s CD, but with a 3s duration, or a 33% chance on crit with a low duration (something like 1s).

Right now its a 100% uptime so long as the foe is below 50% HP. I don't think we want a 100% uptime of weakness via a reworked CTW, but certainly an application that kicks in before the foe gets to 50% HP.

> @"losalamos.5123" said:

> Some small changes that would help a lot in PvP

> -Make Rune of Resistance proc at start of cast for Headbutt rather than end (negates effect of blind)

That would be specific to the rune not the skill.

> -Remove cast time from Signet of Rage or reduce it drastically (1/4s?)

That is interesting. Not sure if instant cast is necessary though.

> -Greatsword Rush now works like this, you continue to run forward (up to 2s) while key is held down

> (this lets you do interesting things with it, like preventing overshooting and falling off a ledge and dodge baiting as you won't attack until key is lifted)

Or give it a flip over skill that cancels the rush and executes the attack with bonus damage if it charges the full distance (not a whole lot, something like 15% more)?