If you were to create a new main character?

Hello Tyrians,

I have recently been reviewing my account and characters. I've played a little over 4k hours (I love this game) and have done a lot in game, however, nothing is fully complete on a single character. Over the years played characters have come and gone and now I am wanting a new main. (I of course realize the fun of every class and race animations, which makes this challenging) I've been theory crafting character concepts, reviewed various races and wardrobe unlocks to build a new main.

I have decided on what I am doing but I am curious what would you do if you were to create a new main? What race, class and theme (weapons/ color schemes etc) is your favorite? The idea with selecting a new main is to take them from 0 to 100% world and story comp, and from there continue on with the fractal, pvp and wvw infinite game modes and complete any achievements wanted prior to the next expansion. So what would you create and why?

Very best,

Relentless Nights

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> Well we just don't have the right armor skins to make a Mandalorian yet so I'm just gonna keep waiting.

we need **the hunter** (yes, **not the predator** --the charr head disqualifies it--) to shoot lasers and have laser effects and you'll have a rifle that looks like it'll fit a star wars theme (though it's not exactly the mandalorian rifle)

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> It would likely be a female Norn, as they show off weapons and armors best, (in my opinion).

I agree. My best guess as to why this is is just scaling - the norn models stretch everything just large enough so we can see more texture and detail, without the non-human clipping issues a lot of things have.

I'd probably make a norn female elementalist themed after one of the spirits. I already have Raven (mesmer), Bear (warrior), and Snow Leopard (ranger) covered, so Wolf would be the last big one. admittedly not the best or most obvious choice for ele. I'm not opposed to doubling up on one of the other 3 main spirits, or choosing from the corrupted ones/Owl (the latter would probably require me to go after the Owl title though).

I give my characters a backstory, Meet, Old Man Banners.

He was a humble human who worked the fields of his simple farm in Kessek Hills. There, he lived with his wife Anabelle, and his two boys, Ash and Clive. It was a simple life, filled with hard work and happiness. He was visiting the local market in the town of Shaemoor, and then, the unthinkable happened. The centaurs attacked... A feeling of honor and duty overwhelmed him. He took up his trust logging axe and joined the fight. He helped the local militia ward off the event. Successful, he decided to return home. That's when the real tragedy struck. He found his wife and children dead in his home. Evidence of centaur presence was all too apparent, and this was when he went into his first rage. He took up his family crest on a flag and decided, this was personal. He joined the front, and thus his story begins...

If I had to start the game and choose between other 8 classes (which are not my main thief ofc), I would:

1. Charr engineer from iron legion. Which theme? I don't know. It changes from time to time, but I don't like shiny stuff. I love creating them like they're e.g. scientists (my current engineer) or bounty hunters, travelers. For sure this one would look like a desert-bounty hunter. These Shifting-Sand or Plasma weapons are awesome. Pistol for sure as a mainhand weapon (I love pistols). I play engineer a lot.

2. Create a revenant — probably something I did previously. I would recreate one of my deleted characters (the same look, race and story), but as a revenant; they're warriors coming from the mists, so let's say my X character died and it just returned.

But there are only three classes I don't play. Necro, ranger and warrior. If I had to create completly new character with new class... It would be warrior. I tried to play necromancer few times (always hate it). Warriors seems to be the most acceptable class for me. Race? Sylvari. I would make a character called something with Mushrooms, take that mushroom-hair and of course I would run with a hammer skin from W2 raid (Murshroom). Why not?

Or, if I wanted to be more seriously, I would create a character based on one of my protagonists from my book (I'm a amateour writer). Yea, warrior, but it would be hard to play sword/axe + shortbow... there are no shortbows for warriors and I hate axe oh (that whirling thing).

I'd make a female sylvari ranger. The only reason my current main character is a human is because I wanted her to be a descendant of my GW1 characters and human was the only race available in that game. I really like the lore for sylvari and the customisation options.

Her theme would be purple, black and blue because I like those colours and by now she'd probably have gone the same route as my current main with fully embracing her role as Champion of Aurene for the current storyline, but maybe I'd have tweaked the colour scheme or something to try to avoid making her look too much like Caithe.

I always go with whatever is most convenient for my main character in mmos, usually the most versatile hence thief. although I started out on warrior in 2012 i switched to thief in 2014 due to comp issues in wvw.

thief fastest mobility, has portal, best tagging build, best 1500 range damage for world bosses. stealth. good at roaming for camps in wvw without being harrassed by zergs. pretty much always been viable in pvp. invigorating precision trait line has allowed thieves to pretty much solo any content they want.

All that above and I still have one huge regret. butt capes, dont pick a medium armour class for your main everything is just trench coats, the fashion is just sad, i wish I kept my warrior dont know what possessed me to delete a character now I only have 2 characters from 2012 for birthdays xD.

I'm still leveling professions. My "main" so far has been a female human warrior, but I've jumped around the story to pick stuff up and I can't quite figure out how to fully replay chapters, just seems like I can only touch the first mission in each one, which is annoying. But like another said earlier, my plan was to make the character a descendant of my GW1 character.

Playing multiple races/professions is only making this WAY harder. They're all fun.

Hard to tell. I started the game as Mesmer. It is unique to GW and out of the other classes was the one that drew me in. The aesthetics work best on human female, IMO. Mesmer fell out of favor for me in HoT. However, with PoF my interest Mesmer shot back up. I really like mirage. All of this is PvE. My main however is guardian.

PvP, I do not like Mesmer play style. If I am forced to pick one class, I will stick to guardian. I like the game play, and has far better performance consistency, at least in PvE.

I have 28 characters and 1 empty slot so I am 100% right in this boat right now.

I do have 1 main. He is a holosmith. I love engineer so much I have 4 of them. (2 holosmiths with different builds, a scrapper and a core engineer)

I have 1 character for each class, and 1 for each specialization. I did this primarily because I would find a gorgeous new skin and wanted to design and display a look around it without getting rid of my previous looks. I also didn't like switching builds and armor so switching alts just seemed easier.

I did briefly have a second main, defined by how frequently I would play it. It is a mesmer Chronomancer. Unfortunately after making ascended gear twice to adapt to skill balances and then they did it again, the character is no longer a second main. Chronomancer is still incredible and I love the character very much but I find I reach for other alts more often than not.

My third main is my Tempest. While I don't do any serious content with it, I love taking it to meta events and watching how I can spread auras and boons to people. She is also the most bad ass looking of all my characters. (she's a max height norn and she's amazing)

I don't think my latest character slot is going to be a main perse. But the concept is, it's going to be a VERY OLD POTATO ASURA with maximum muscle content. Because I need a laugh and the idea of this makes me laugh a lot. But the names I wanted are taken so it's on hold until I can think of a new one.