Ascended trinkets need on the fly stat change

Mortifera.6138

One of the benefits of ascended trinkets and accessories is that they're account bound. You can buy them once and then use them across all your characters... that is you _could_ because every class was running the same stats. But now that classes are running more than zerker (https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki), we need ascended to adapt to this change: allow for stat changes on the fly, for free. I'm not getting the legendaries, because I did not sign up for Grind Wars when this came out, with its manifesto of no grind.

Yeah, they should do this across the board, for all weapons and armour.

Ascended should definitely be the new legendary

And Anet are certain to pay attention to, and implement this sensible request. Especially in light of the legendary armoury they are (allegedly) working on.

/s

Um, nah. Get out yo lazy bed boi.

> @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> One of the benefits of ascended trinkets and accessories is that they're account bound.

And one of the benefits of Legendary accessories, is that you can change their stats on the fly.

> But now that classes are running more than zerker

For the most part, they still are.

Zerker for Power builds (Marauder if you want more health)

Viper for Condi builds (Greiving if you cap out your relevant condi duration)

Marshal for Heal builds (Minstrel for WvW)

Diviner for Boon builds.

> we need ascended to adapt to this change: allow for stat changes on the fly, for free.

No we don't.

It's easy enough to obtain a set of Ascended trinkets in each relevant stat to have every build covered.

It's even easy enough to get a set of Ascended trinkets in each relevant stat, **for each character you own.**

> I'm not getting the legendaries

Then you're not getting on the fly stat swapping.

Since that is a benefit of Legendaries. Just like being account bound is a benefit of Ascended.

Ascended trinkets are relatively cheap/easy to get from several different places, especially ones with 3-stat combinations. I think even if it was possible to change them (which is an option on some - like the bloodstone ones) I'd rather get different ones for each character because that saves the hassle of removing them, putting them in the bank and withdrawing them. I can just log into whichever character I want and start playing.

I have hoped Rare or Exotic quality legendary items, in addition to these current Ascended quality ones. Make them bit more easy to get, and it could give people some possibilities to try out different builds before starting to invest into ascended items. If is not feasible to give rare/exotic with free stat changes, how about e.g. a device, which can combine exotic pieces together, so for each stat you want to try, you'd make a set of corresponding exotic gears and then combine them with your other stats.

I understand your frustration man i sure do but why would you want to take away one of the only long term goals in gw2 we dont have gear treadmills. if you really feel sour about getting locked in stats then may i direct you to the pvp ascended trinkets or the living story ones you can buy with map currencies. if you go back to the vendors they sell you an item that allows you to stat change your trinket. this is the closest you will ever get without legendaries.

> I'm not getting the legendaries, because I did not sign up for Grind Wars when this came out, with its manifesto of no grind.

then you don't get stat changes. simple as.

You either put in the time and get rewarded, or you don't and live with its limitations. this game doesn't owe you anything, especially with that mentality

> @"BlackBullWings.2734" said:

> > @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > I'm not getting the legendaries, because I did not sign up for Grind Wars when this came out, with its manifesto of no grind.

>

> then you don't get stat changes. simple as.

> You either put in the time and get rewarded, or you don't and live with its limitations. this game doesn't owe you anything, especially with that mentality

This.

As to TC, once again a complete mis-representation of the "no grind" comments pre release (and out of place given the ease of getting ascended trinkets).

Even then, you can get ascended trinkets which can have their stats reset for a minor fee. Bloodstone and Mist trinkets to name 2. Not to mention the insane ability to get full ascended trinket sets within less than a few hours in 1 day given the vast variety of Season 3 and 4 trinkets (getting all the chests in Bjora marches in 10 minutes is already 1 accessory or amulet, another for doing the strikes on that day for example.).

Asking for free ascended stat changing trinkets with the given possibilities of acquiring ascended trinkets, the ability to stats reset some of them AND this being a unique feature of legendary items (which btw are the most expensive upgrade from ascended to legendary bar none) is just plain selfish greed at this point.

EDIT: the Ice Shards from Bjora Marches give access to ascended amulet and accessory, not ring. I corrected the mistake

I‘ve been saying it for months. They just should make legendary trinkets not account bound and sellable through the TP as they absolutely defeat the purpose of „no grind“, if you are forced to leave your favorite game mode that brings joy to you - for example PvP and play a game mode you are annoyed by - for example raids to complete your complete set for stat customization. I always find it laughable how diehard PvE/Raid fanboys lose their minds by just mentioning it, even if it would make the overall PvE & WvW meta alot more diverse and fun. It would also add another incentive to people to keep playing their game mode so they can complete their set by farming gold in that said mode, instead of stopping completely because they don‘t want to play PvE/WvW/PvP and waste their time being annoyed by going for a full set

You can change stats on the fly if you have multiple sets of ascended armor using the existing template system. I don’t have light and heavy legendary armors yet, and I got my other characters armor sets essentially as drops from fractals. Geared up, ready to play. What you are asking is to devalue the main thing about legendaries. Not going to happen.

You're welcome to go to Bjora Marches and get loads of Eternal Ice Shards to get rings/amulet/accessories and everything but backpiece (convert to Diflourite and/or Mistborn motes for rings). There's also stat-swap for Bloodstone Amulet/Backpiece.

Not to mention there's also the Mist Band , Mist Talisman, and Mist Pendant which can be swapped using Shards of Glory (via Mist Capacitor specifically) which are rather cheap. Unless you swap constantly more than you have equipment templates there should be no issue , just use an Infusion Extraction Device to remove the infusions before swapping.