Emergency Waypoint need to be improved.

archmagus.7249

First, when the emergency Waypoint is pulled, all team members across all maps will get a message from the borderlands automatically "(objective name) is under attack!" [emergency Waypoint]

Next, the emergency Waypoint can only be pulled while a "defense" event is going on and the primary Waypoint is contested.

Finally, either moving the location of the emergency Waypoint to a spot where the attackers can't attack, or giving those that use the Waypoint 5s of invulnerability when they Waypoint in so they don't get mowed down by attackers.

I like the first two ideas, especially the second one, that just makes sense. I kind of agree about the third point but I feel like that placement isn't a huge deal to me, I usually mount up first at Garri or someplace else then hop in. If I'm on another map trying to port into that EWP I'm likely to stall until I'm moved to another waypoint anyway.

> @"kash.9213" said:

> I like the first two ideas, especially the second one, that just makes sense. I kind of agree about the third point but I feel like that placement isn't a huge deal to me, I usually mount up first at Garri or someplace else then hop in. If I'm on another map trying to port into that EWP I'm likely to stall until I'm moved to another waypoint anyway.

The whole point of the third one is to protect the EWP from the attackers. If you travel there mounted, you have less health and you'll be knocked down when your mount is killed.

I like the first suggestion where you get the message across all maps. Just don't make it instant. Wait 5 seconds after EWP has been pulled. That way, if a guild group sent someone to pull it they have a chance to take it before the map is queued.

Making it available during a defense event only might be a good idea. Far less exploitable and trolly.

Your last point, making the EWP-taking players invuln or putting it in a "safe spot"... I dont agree with that. EWP needs to be pulled in a timely fashion, its a matter of strategy. If you pull it while the enemy zerg is standing next to it, you are to blame for your team's demise. Should've been pulled while the enemy was hitting inner, or when the zerg has moved away from the EWP itself. There are little things more gratifying that averting disaster by a well pulled EWP or completely annihilating your opponent because of a poorly timed one.

> @"Strages.2950" said:

> Your last point, making the EWP-taking players invuln or putting it in a "safe spot"... I dont agree with that. EWP needs to be pulled in a timely fashion, its a matter of strategy. If you pull it while the enemy zerg is standing next to it, you are to blame for your team's demise. Should've been pulled while the enemy was hitting inner, or when the zerg has moved away from the EWP itself. There are little things more gratifying that averting disaster by a well pulled EWP or completely annihilating your opponent because of a poorly timed one.

Exactly and even then if you time it right, you are invulnerable if you use it again anyway.

the automatic spam + link + message for EWP was named as idea some time in the past yet... but you know, anet does not listen at all. doubt they plan any updates on playability of wvw sadly.

"Next, the emergency Waypoint can only be pulled while a "defense" event is going on and the primary Waypoint is contested."

^ that is acutally a good idea, helps to stop the EWP wastes by trolls 50% of the time. (since they can still pull it on wrong times)

while i have to add, the overall "keep is contested"-events need a reform as well. shouldn't be contested before at least a guard dies or a wall/door takes any kinda of damage. (so tagging keeps takes at least a tiny baby bit more time) [see... it is this easy to make update ideas. not for anet's devs tho, afaik not many reforms about that stuff in y e a r s .. uwu]

still, u missed a pretty important point: as long as EWP was up and klickable, and u klicked on it in time, you should get a 100% chance to actually get ported into the keep - if u could klick it and it despawns bc ur web is based trash, should still port u in and not ****ing back to spawn, just bc the EWP was linked late or despawned bc ur web is a based snail.

i disagree, like others before, about the "safe zone"; if u know they camp it, prepare to dodge or bomb - or don't take it, or take it twice etc etc.

I HATE being instantly mowed down upon taking an ewp. Sometimes spamming that dodge or invuln key while in the load screen just doesn't cut it -- you're dead on arrival. That said, it's on your team to know when to pull the ewp. Activate it before the second keep wall drops, or after the enemy has committed to lords room.

That said, once you've taken the waypoint you should be guaranteed that port. If you have a longer load screen due to the servers being hot garbage you shouldn't be redirected to spawn. That's an issue that _isn't_ the fault of the players.

~ Kovu

So I think I'll addon to what I said a long time ago with the new suggestions here:

_Emergency waypoint pulled_ [Objective must first be contested]

A global message to team chat (/t in chat) is first sent followed by a countdown to get members ready

**Teamchat**: Emergency waypoint pulled @location_map. Waypoint activating in 5 seconds [time delay amount is debatable]

Countdown ensues, debatable whether to echo countdown timer in case for people who just logged in.

Countdown finishes, time to display emergency waypoint link

**Teamchat**: Emergency waypoint now active @location_map @emergency_waypoint_link [this is where the real 30s timer for ewp activates to accept people for porting]

Sidenotes: If someone is already in transit from taking an ewp, they should be guaranteed transported to location unless objective flip during transfer (they will be sent to spawn in this case). An alternative is to send them to the closest tower instead of sending someone who legit took ewp being thrown to spawn.

Other notes: Sometimes ewp link is bugged for people on other maps where they cannot see the ewp waypoint to click on.

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> While I agree in principle, #1 will be subverted simply by someone tapping the objective and the spy/troll just waits until swords pop to pull the EWP. So, it will do little to alleviate the issue. How about "Player.123 pulled the EWP"? And have the ability to block a specific player(s) from pulling tactics?

Yeah, initially when I first posted my idea a long time ago it included this option to display who pulled the ewp and to show username when you hover over nikcname, but I was debating whether it should be omitted or not for a few reasons. As for the objective needing to be contested, I think this will at least stop some accidental pulls, or pulls by new people. Any reduction in pulls is welcome in my eyes. It's a double edged sword however in which we need to settle for the lesser evil. I also asked for an option for guilds to see who last pulled the tactics, and an option to add people to blacklist to prevent them from pulling tactics on any of your guild claims.

I agree the first two points, the third I think could cause problems.

EWP only being able to be used while the building it's tied to is under attack I think it a must, The same for Chilling fog and Airship. There's too many trolls that just pull any and every tactic, at least this would minimize that.

We should also have a pop-up dialogue for people who have never pulled it, informing them what a tactivator is and when to use it (at least pop up for them once). I say this as someone who came into WvW with zero idea/no tutorial/no one teaching for the first time I went in, I think it would help, even if just a little. Heck even a tab in WvW window for some WvW help/explanations. It's hard to see new people come in doing a trial by fire and getting nuked by enemies and in chat.

New person in WvW: "ooh what's dis, I pull and see"

*Mapchat loses mind, instantly calls people out as spy/troll*

> @"archmagus.7249" said:

> Finally, either moving the location of the emergency Waypoint to a spot where the attackers can't attack, or giving those that use the Waypoint 5s of invulnerability when they Waypoint in so they don't get mowed down by attackers.

Talked about that before but I'm not sure Anet is interested in improving WvW.

They already created the "solution" from scratch... in PvE. In fact, the foundations for the solution has existed for a *very* long time (HoT) and then they added new features to the living world. How you ask?

Step 1)

**Make EWP tactivator spawn an airship above the objective.**

Step 2)

**Paradrop from airship (or abort and glide)**

Yes. It's *that* simple. But I dont think we will ever see it happen.

I definitely like the idea of having it automatically broadcasted across Team Chat as well as only being able to be pulled during the Defense Timer. It won't stop all the trolling, but it'll help cut it down.

I do not think the EWP should be moved however. It's part of the strategy to decide whether it's worth pulling or not. You're also given invulnerability if you need to take it twice. Additionally, people forget to use their V key exists in the game.

Although, a neat idea would be to have the controlling guild decide where the place the regular WP at an objective.

Invulnerability is not needed if you pull ewp before the inner walls are down. If your to late your to late. The broadcast idea is good though.

Some people on my server will announce in Team chat that they are going to pull the ewp in 10 seconds. Typically they will also note where the enemy zerg is.Just so everyone is ready for it. Then once pulled they spam the WP immediately. If the zerg is already on inner and you still take the waypoint that's on you.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> Invulnerability is not needed if you pull ewp before the inner walls are down. If your to late your to late.

... which is literally the only reason I'm not big on changing it to add an invuln. Porting in and not having a chance to respond before being instantly murdered _is_ faulty design by nature, but this can easily be worked around by players having the smallest iota of common sense about when to pull it.

That being said, I _would_ be in favor of moving the ewp itself a bit further away from lords room wherever possible. Sometimes militia don't arrive to pull the ewp until after inner has been breached (especially on non-upgraded structures). At that point any organized groups on lord are watching the ewp like a hawk and the second it is pulled they're on it before folks can get through their load screens. I disagree with not having a win scenario for defenders once the opposing group is on the lord. I find this is mostly an issue with Bay, Garrison, Rampart and perhaps SMC? (Place usually has airships which aren't all that hot and tend to get trolled for the theatrics.)

On the flipside, I hate upgraded structures as a rule as they encourage turtling rather than fighting so if the defenders get farmed and the place papers... ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

~ Kovu

The idea of eWP being available only if the target is under attack is a good idea.

Automatic team chat warning would be also a nice improvement.

I don´t agree with the idea of moving the eWP to a safe spot. The other idea is good though: invunerability of some few seconds just to consider the delay generated by map loading.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"archmagus.7249" said:

> > Finally, either moving the location of the emergency Waypoint to a spot where the attackers can't attack, or giving those that use the Waypoint 5s of invulnerability when they Waypoint in so they don't get mowed down by attackers.

> Talked about that before but I'm not sure Anet is interested in improving WvW.

>

> They already created the "solution" from scratch... in PvE. In fact, the foundations for the solution has existed for a *very* long time (HoT) and then they added new features to the living world. How you ask?

>

> Step 1)

> **Make EWP tactivator spawn an airship above the objective.**

>

> Step 2)

> **Paradrop from airship (or abort and glide)**

>

> Yes. It's *that* simple. But I dont think we will ever see it happen.

It's not only a good idea, but I think it this is not that hard to implement since the foundation is already there.

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"archmagus.7249" said:

> > > Finally, either moving the location of the emergency Waypoint to a spot where the attackers can't attack, or giving those that use the Waypoint 5s of invulnerability when they Waypoint in so they don't get mowed down by attackers.

> > Talked about that before but I'm not sure Anet is interested in improving WvW.

> >

> > They already created the "solution" from scratch... in PvE. In fact, the foundations for the solution has existed for a *very* long time (HoT) and then they added new features to the living world. How you ask?

> >

> > Step 1)

> > **Make EWP tactivator spawn an airship above the objective.**

> >

> > Step 2)

> > **Paradrop from airship (or abort and glide)**

> >

> > Yes. It's *that* simple. But I dont think we will ever see it happen.

>

> It's not only a good idea, but I think it this is not that hard to implement since the foundation is already there.

People really like air dropping into stuff also, so many games have it and they might as well get in on that.