Healbreaker and Chronomancer in mAT finals (EU)

Tayga.3192

Literally every tempest team in EU monthly lost to support warrior, TOP 4 teams were 2 healbreakers, 1 team with tempest as optional pick and 1 no support team. Healbreaker scales better with current meta specs which is renegade and holo also having 1.2k range reveal on demand in SA thief meta is massive. Tempest is much better with necro in team but currently necro doesn't have a spot in competitive meta when you can just stack meta specs and steamroll it. Also healbreaker doesn't need to give up anything to have better sustain against power or have more condi clear like tempest does by swapping between fire/earth, it has everything in 1 build so it can't be memed by hybrid damage like we did it against misha's team. If tempest rolls fire it gets destroyed by holo/thief, if it goes earth crev eats it alive.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shuriken.6738" said:

> Literally every tempest team in EU monthly lost to support warrior, TOP 4 teams were 2 healbreakers, 1 team with tempest as optional pick and 1 no support team. Healbreaker scales better with current meta specs which is renegade and holo also having 1.2k range reveal on demand in SA thief meta is massive. Tempest is much better with necro in team but currently necro doesn't have a spot in competitive meta when you can just stack meta specs and steamroll it. Also healbreaker doesn't need to give up anything to have better sustain against power or have more condi clear like tempest does by swapping between fire/earth, it has everything in 1 build so it can't be memed by hybrid damage like we did it against misha's team. If tempest rolls fire it gets destroyed by holo/thief, if it goes earth crev eats it alive.

Agreed 100%. Shocking aura is nice and invuln glyph bug is nutty, but once that gets resolved I think you'll see tempest really drop off

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > "Wow I saw 2 people play Mesmer once! They are not a dead class"

> >

> > Imagine frequency doesn't matter

>

> they showed it can beat engi in duels, that is not about frequency

can they? I watched helseth duel 1v1 holo that he played 2v2 matches with, lost 10 times in a row, got upset and left

yes it CAN beat engi but its not specifically good at it

> @"DonNee.5128" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"DonNee.5128" said:

> > > healbreaker is meta for sure, as good if not better than tempest

> >

> > No. Shock aura and glyph of renewal are completely broken.

>

> so? you have double renegades running around with perm stab

> doesnt help vs nade spam either

>

> not saying tempest cant match healbreaker but healbreaker + x > tempest + x

>

>

Heal breaker is stronger in 2v2s becuz it has more offensive pressure than tempest. It’s not meta becuz who cares at all about healbrealer memes and it’s higher damage

The simple fact that it prove that these 2 professions aren't as hopeless as they are picture is in itself a good point.

That said I'm pretty sure that the average warrior main player don't play warrior to be a "healer" which mean that it won't change much the opinion of the warrior community. Honnestly, this healbreaker is like showing that a thief with a healer build can take on the support role of the team (which is the case). You can be sure that it won't please 99.99% of the thiefs just like this healbreaker won't please the majority of the warriors.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> The simple fact that it prove that these 2 professions aren't as hopeless as they are picture is in itself a good point.

>

> That said I'm pretty sure that the average warrior main player don't play warrior to be a "healer" which mean that it won't change much the opinion of the warrior community. Honnestly, this healbreaker is like showing that a thief with a healer build can take on the support role of the team (which is the case). You can be sure that it won't please 99.99% of the thiefs just like this healbreaker won't please the majority of the warriors.

healbreaker and any support is stupid boring. Played healbreaker once with only general knowledge about warrior and carried team fights with it. Didnt touch it since. Healbreaker seems stronger than tempest in almost every scenario except maybe damage output.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> all you have to do is medi hammer guard ring the war and burst and warrior is gone like good old times.

> or slick shoes.

>

> or just have daredevil steal on block or full counter.

>

> and warrior also does nothing to lich and nade spam.

Imagine, playing hammer on a guard...

> @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > all you have to do is medi hammer guard ring the war and burst and warrior is gone like good old times.

> > or slick shoes.

> >

> > or just have daredevil steal on block or full counter.

> >

> > and warrior also does nothing to lich and nade spam.

>

> Imagine, playing hammer on a guard...

lol, beat you would say the same about shiro renegade 2 months ago.

you shouldn't be looking at the build, you should be looking at the meta.

chance is not 0 for hammer medi guard to be played if ever the meta settles around healbreaker.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> That said I'm pretty sure that the average warrior main player don't play warrior to be a "healer" which mean that it won't change much the opinion of the warrior community. Honnestly, this healbreaker is like showing that a thief with a healer build can take on the support role of the team (which is the case). You can be sure that it won't please 99.99% of the thiefs just like this healbreaker won't please the majority of the warriors.

Very true.

Healbreaker is pretty great, and it's actually a pretty dope support build.

It likely doesn't appeal to the majority of Warrior's though because its so far from what they're used to and some people just prefer DPS to Support.

It's great as an option and it's good to see Warrior have a good build again, but it would be nice to have good damage builds as well. For all classes really. More options would be nice for everything and everyone.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > > "Wow I saw 2 people play Mesmer once! They are not a dead class"

> > >

> > > Imagine frequency doesn't matter

> >

> > they showed it can beat engi in duels, that is not about frequency

>

> can they? I watched helseth duel 1v1 holo that he played 2v2 matches with, lost 10 times in a row, got upset and left

> yes it CAN beat engi but its not specifically good at it

Something happening once OBVIOUSLY MEANS IT HAPPENS 100% of the time DUHHHH.

<3

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > all you have to do is medi hammer guard ring the war and burst and warrior is gone like good old times.

> > > or slick shoes.

> > >

> > > or just have daredevil steal on block or full counter.

> > >

> > > and warrior also does nothing to lich and nade spam.

> >

> > Imagine, playing hammer on a guard...

>

> lol, beat you would say the same about shiro renegade 2 months ago.

> you shouldn't be looking at the build, you should be looking at the meta.

> chance is not 0 for hammer medi guard to be played if ever the meta settles around healbreaker.

>

Been playing different iterations of rene since PoF. Actually it's funny to see some builds I played way back, suddenly considered met/op. As for hammer guard - I main guard (rene is my 2nd) - and hammer now is sadly just kitten rubbish.

> @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > > > "Wow I saw 2 people play Mesmer once! They are not a dead class"

> > > >

> > > > Imagine frequency doesn't matter

> > >

> > > they showed it can beat engi in duels, that is not about frequency

> >

> > can they? I watched helseth duel 1v1 holo that he played 2v2 matches with, lost 10 times in a row, got upset and left

> > yes it CAN beat engi but its not specifically good at it

>

> Something happening once OBVIOUSLY MEANS IT HAPPENS 100% of the time DUHHHH.

>

> <3

there is a difference between being beaten once and being beaten 10 times in a row, and even if its not a bad matchup its not a good one either. saing mesmer is good cuz it goes even against holo in 1v1 is laughable

> > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > > > > "Wow I saw 2 people play Mesmer once! They are not a dead class"

> > > > >

> > > > > Imagine frequency doesn't matter

> > > >

> > > > they showed it can beat engi in duels, that is not about frequency

> > >

> > > can they? I watched helseth duel 1v1 holo that he played 2v2 matches with, lost 10 times in a row, got upset and left

> > > yes it CAN beat engi but its not specifically good at it

> >

> > Something happening once OBVIOUSLY MEANS IT HAPPENS 100% of the time DUHHHH.

> >

> > <3

>

> there is a difference between being beaten once and being beaten 10 times in a row, and even if its not a bad matchup its not a good one either. saing mesmer is good cuz it goes even against holo in 1v1 is laughable

helseth did say that while he could beat some engis like floody he found it impossible to win vs drazeh (on holo). although misha is a better chrono and we saw misha win 1v1 vs holo in the monthly in lss than 10 seconds. we will just have to see how the meta develops.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > > > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > > > > > "Wow I saw 2 people play Mesmer once! They are not a dead class"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Imagine frequency doesn't matter

> > > > >

> > > > > they showed it can beat engi in duels, that is not about frequency

> > > >

> > > > can they? I watched helseth duel 1v1 holo that he played 2v2 matches with, lost 10 times in a row, got upset and left

> > > > yes it CAN beat engi but its not specifically good at it

> > >

> > > Something happening once OBVIOUSLY MEANS IT HAPPENS 100% of the time DUHHHH.

> > >

> > > <3

> >

> > there is a difference between being beaten once and being beaten 10 times in a row, and even if its not a bad matchup its not a good one either. saing mesmer is good cuz it goes even against holo in 1v1 is laughable

>

> helseth did say that while he could beat some engis like floody he found it impossible to win vs drazeh (on holo). although misha is a better chrono and we saw misha win 1v1 vs holo in the monthly in lss than 10 seconds. we will just have to see how the meta develops.

we need to see and wait not how meta develops, but how people get used to new build that wasnt played for several years and nobody knows how to plays against.

chrono is VERY different from any other spec out there, people will learn how to deal with it in time and things will change for the worse.

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> > > > > > > "Wow I saw 2 people play Mesmer once! They are not a dead class"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Imagine frequency doesn't matter

> > > > > >

> > > > > > they showed it can beat engi in duels, that is not about frequency

> > > > >

> > > > > can they? I watched helseth duel 1v1 holo that he played 2v2 matches with, lost 10 times in a row, got upset and left

> > > > > yes it CAN beat engi but its not specifically good at it

> > > >

> > > > Something happening once OBVIOUSLY MEANS IT HAPPENS 100% of the time DUHHHH.

> > > >

> > > > <3

> > >

> > > there is a difference between being beaten once and being beaten 10 times in a row, and even if its not a bad matchup its not a good one either. saing mesmer is good cuz it goes even against holo in 1v1 is laughable

> >

> > helseth did say that while he could beat some engis like floody he found it impossible to win vs drazeh (on holo). although misha is a better chrono and we saw misha win 1v1 vs holo in the monthly in lss than 10 seconds. we will just have to see how the meta develops.

>

> we need to see and wait not how meta develops, but how people get used to new build that wasnt played for several years and nobody knows how to plays against.

> chrono is VERY different from any other spec out there, people will learn how to deal with it in time and things will change for the worse.

ye

> @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > all you have to do is medi hammer guard ring the war and burst and warrior is gone like good old times.

> > > > or slick shoes.

> > > >

> > > > or just have daredevil steal on block or full counter.

> > > >

> > > > and warrior also does nothing to lich and nade spam.

> > >

> > > Imagine, playing hammer on a guard...

> >

> > lol, beat you would say the same about shiro renegade 2 months ago.

> > you shouldn't be looking at the build, you should be looking at the meta.

> > chance is not 0 for hammer medi guard to be played if ever the meta settles around healbreaker.

> >

>

> Been playing different iterations of rene since PoF. Actually it's funny to see some builds I played way back, suddenly considered met/op. As for hammer guard - I main guard (rene is my 2nd) - and hammer now is sadly just kitten rubbish.

"funny to see some build i played way back" "that i also considered rubbish"

fixed it for you.