Boo on Trick or Treat Bags... Nothing new

Swagger.1459

ANet really is in a downphase again at the moment... Story isnt continuing, no information for what to expect, no transparency, not even a useful reward for the new yearly festival achievement. That cape looks uglier than the free guild cape. Is ArenaNet actually looking at their own stuff?

> @"Cruxx.3186" said:

> ANet really is in a downphase again at the moment... Story isnt continuing, no information for what to expect, no transparency, not even a useful reward for the new yearly festival achievement. That cape looks uglier than the free guild cape. Is ArenaNet actually looking at their own stuff?

Just don't look at the Sand Lion Warclaw skin...

By adding those you are devaluing the only thing that is valuable in the game. They already put those out in non seasonal festivals like 4 Winds and the most recent fractal rush. Stop requesting lazy alternatives. Might I add the reason why they should not add those into these seasonal bags is because they are sellable in TP whereas the others are not. WvW prestige armor is already reduced to 500 rank for the whole skin stop being entitled.

Esp asking for fractal infusions, those who worked hard for it to actually get it is a huge slap in the face.

When you've been around for every Mad King events you have it all AND all the Achievements that gives points have been done years ago. I looked at the Festival Achievements today and they are all pretty much already done. They need to be reset/extended. Infinite in my book doesn't mean 5 times. Why isn't there anything for older players in the festivals? its all rinse / repeat now :(

> @"Image.8630" said:

> When you've been around for every Mad King events you have it all AND all the Achievements that gives points have been done years ago. I looked at the Festival Achievements today and they are all pretty much already done. They need to be reset/extended. Infinite in my book doesn't mean 5 times. Why isn't there anything for older players in the festivals? its all rinse / repeat now :(

>

Indeed. Given that they have thrown in the towel with maintaining the achievement point track reward system and producing rewrading achievement points, there's no real reason anymore not to go back to how they used to do it and reset them annually. Few care that they can never reach the top of the leaderboard anymore and it's an extra incentive to keep players in the festival for longer.

To no longer add new little fun things to the ToT bags as well just seems self defeating

halloween is a fun event.

i see no reason to add anything to ToT bags. i also don't get why that spoils this event for some of you. do you only play for unique rewards? even if you only play for rewards the ToT are still worth some silver.

i like an event being unchanged, makes me feel comfortable and know that i won't be left behind in case i miss it. it essentially cuts out all the stress and leaves only fun.

> @"WorldofBay.8160" said:

> halloween is a fun event.

> i see no reason to add anything to ToT bags. i also don't get why that spoils this event for some of you. do you only play for unique rewards? even if you only play for rewards the ToT are still worth some silver.

Honestly, yeah, after 8 years in game, I mainly do festival events for unique rewards. As mind-numbingly calming as a good Lab run can be, it isn't something I want to do just for the hell of it, and certainly not something I want to farm just for gold ever again.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind so much if what they added didn't suit my tastes, but at least it would have been something.

> i like an event being unchanged, makes me feel comfortable and know that i won't be left behind in case i miss it. it essentially cuts out all the stress and leaves only fun.

I'm not asking for a once-in-a-lifetime item. Add it to the game and leave it for the following years. Then both players like you and players like me can be happy.

I'm working on getting the annual achieves done for those tasty 50 AP. I also don't have *any* of the special ravens and I love them all, so maaaaybe I'll get 40 cobs this year to get at least one raven. Or maybe not! I'm having fun digging up ESO antiquities and playing Baldur's Gate 3 and bumbling about the Sea of Thieves so I'm just as happy not to feel compelled to be in GW2 for all my gaming time.

While it'd be neat to have those things you list as possible drops, I have never in 8 years of Halloween gotten any of the rarest drops so I don't really expect to get any this year either. I open all my ToT bags, I have other gold sources but only get those bags once a year. And I think the most valuable thing I ever got was one of the poly refractors. Them adding the astronomically priced rare drops to the bags seems irrelevant :)

> @"Cruxx.3186" said:

> ANet really is in a downphase again at the moment... Story isnt continuing, no information for what to expect, no transparency, not even a useful reward for the new yearly festival achievement. That cape looks uglier than the free guild cape. Is ArenaNet actually looking at their own stuff?

We got Drooburted this year... :(

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm actually quite relieved there's not a lot of new stuff this year, besides the weapon set. I've participated in every previous Halloween festival but my free time is limited so I always have to prioritise the few things I want most. This year I'm not too worried about getting the new weapons so it's an opportunity to both focus on getting some stuff I didn't get in previous years and to only play Halloween content when I'll actually enjoy it rather than farming as much as I can to afford the stuff I absolutely want to get. It's nice to have an opportunity to catch up for a change.

I suspect it's just because they're prioritising work on the expansion over everything else, and I hope it's just a one off, but for me it's actually good news.

One thing I'd like them to do in future though is add a way to repeat the scavenger hunt for Mad Memoires and some of the other lore-related content. One of the things I like about Guild Wars Halloween is that although it's obviously influenced by the modern American version it still has a lot of it's own lore and backstory, but you only really get to see that once. After you've done the one-off achievements and collections you're down to just the repeatable mini games and farming the Labyrinth and while obviously the backstory influences those things it doesn't really come through in the same way.

I'd like a repeatable version which can be done every year if you want to. There don't need to be unique rewards, I'd be fine with nothing or just a few trick-or-treat bags, I'd just like a way to trigger the steps and play through it again. Same with the Bloody Prince stuff which is currently totally inaccessible. I'd love them to bring that back with a repeatable version.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > I'm still upset there is no unlimited toilet paper novelty. That's all I want.

> The thing I didn't know I needed but now I want it... Thanks alot!

>

Oh no, I have forced another to suffer my pain! Just imagine though, unlimited toilet paper...it would be glorious.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > I'm still upset there is no unlimited toilet paper novelty. That's all I want.

> > The thing I didn't know I needed but now I want it... Thanks alot!

> >

>

> Oh no, I have forced another to suffer my pain! Just imagine though, unlimited toilet paper...it would be glorious.

Would have been handy back in May...

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > I'm still upset there is no unlimited toilet paper novelty. That's all I want.

> > > The thing I didn't know I needed but now I want it... Thanks alot!

> > >

> >

> > Oh no, I have forced another to suffer my pain! Just imagine though, unlimited toilet paper...it would be glorious.

>

> Would have been handy back in May...

Oh so painfully true