Dark Matter weapons - BRAVO!

mes.4607

Yes, weapons exchangeable with "Black Lion Claim Ticket" for a long time are **extremely beautiful and well finished.**

Next to that, they recycled the worst weapon skin of the game "Haunted skin" to make something uglier "Demon-Haunted skin", a lot of time and energy wasted for nothing.

These are awesome. LOVE them. Only problem now is... where is the Dark Matter glider? Dark Matter mount set? Dark Matter outfit? Dark Matter gathering tools? Dark Matter Skyscale & Roller beetle? WHERE?! MUST TRANSFORM EVERYTHING INTO DARK MATTER -- BWAHAHA!!!!

Kidding but not kidding... where are they. There's the cape, but it doesn't quite look the same as the weapon set.

Holy litter of kittens, these look absolutely amazing. My Reaper has had the Dreamthistle greatsword for quite a while now, ever since I scraped together enough gold to get it off the trading post...and now I'm seriously considering swapping it for the Dark Matter greatsword. It looks *so cool*. :heart: Bravo indeed, ArenaNet!!!

(Edit: And I should add that I usually don't go for flashy effects and strive to keep my characters' looks (in terms of weapons and armor) as plain and "realistic" as I can...and yet I'm fully willing to break that unspoken rule because this just looks fantastic.)

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> Hmm, a bit disappointed, I mean, a few are alright, but doesn't quite match the hype.

>

Well they look to be perfect for people whose dye scheme is "I fell into a pool of black paint". Also people on the internet tends to overreact to everything in both directions. :/

> @"Ragi.7291" said:

> Yes, weapons exchangeable with "Black Lion Claim Ticket" for a long time are **extremely beautiful and well finished.**

>

> Next to that, they recycled the worst weapon skin of the game "Haunted skin" to make something uglier "Demon-Haunted skin", a lot of time and energy wasted for nothing.

I like both the haunted and demon skins....

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> the effects are pretty cool, for some reason I felt I have seen some of them with very similar skin, just with the effects

I instantly recognized the "Mythic" weapon set in the new Dark Matter icons and went to check out whether they used those as the base: Not quite. The Rifle in particular was the one that tipped me off, but it is slightly different.