Earthquakes in game?

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> I know some maps will make your screen shake to make it appear like the ground is shaking underneath you.

>

> You can toggle that in the options menu. [http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options](http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options)

> Camera -> Enable Camera Shake

What I heard was that it was a new thing on maps that it didn't happen before on. Maybe related to the upcoming release? I just want to know if it is true so I can go where it is happening. Don't want to miss something tied to living world. I hope it isn't nothing.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Well, it is Friday the 13th in 2020, so I suppose anything would be possible at this point.

This made me ?

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > I know some maps will make your screen shake to make it appear like the ground is shaking underneath you.

> >

> > You can toggle that in the options menu. [http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options](http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options)

> > Camera -> Enable Camera Shake

>

> What I heard was that it was a new thing on maps that it didn't happen before on. Maybe related to the upcoming release? I just want to know if it is true so I can go where it is happening. Don't want to miss something tied to living world. I hope it isn't nothing.

I have not heard of that happening yet in any place new. When I initially read your post I instantly thought of the jumping puzzle [Pig Iron Quarry](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pig_Iron_Quarry) Those last jumps will surprise you if your not prepared.

To avoid spoilers

>! The last thing Bangar mentioned for his achievement was that Primordus is waking and he does mention the earthquakes. I am not sure if you need to have this part completed to notice them or if it is for everyone. I haven't experienced it myself yet but I always have camera shakes disabled. I haven't heard the sound of it either while I have the sound on. Maybe dailies isn't long enough to notice any. In short: It has to do with the upcoming Living World episode.

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> To avoid spoilers

>

> >! The last thing Bangar mentioned for his achievement was that Primordus is waking and he does mention the earthquakes. I am not sure if you need to have this part completed to notice them or if it is for everyone. I haven't experienced it myself yet but I always have camera shakes disabled. I haven't heard the sound of it either while I have the sound on. Maybe dailies isn't long enough to notice any. In short: It has to do with the upcoming Living World episode.

That could explain why I haven't seen any, I completed the storyline and a couple of runs of the meta event, but haven't really done anything else in that episode.

I've had a character standing in one of the spots earthquakes have been reported for a full in-game day and haven't seen anything. It could have happened when I went to get my pie out the oven, but if so it was very quick.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > To avoid spoilers

> >

> > >! The last thing Bangar mentioned for his achievement was that Primordus is waking and he does mention the earthquakes. I am not sure if you need to have this part completed to notice them or if it is for everyone. I haven't experienced it myself yet but I always have camera shakes disabled. I haven't heard the sound of it either while I have the sound on. Maybe dailies isn't long enough to notice any. In short: It has to do with the upcoming Living World episode.

>

> That could explain why I haven't seen any, I completed the storyline and a couple of runs of the meta event, but haven't really done anything else in that episode.

>

> I've had a character standing in one of the spots earthquakes have been reported for a full in-game day and haven't seen anything. It could have happened when I went to get my pie out the oven, but if so it was very quick.

They seem to be very rare

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> To avoid spoilers

>

> >! The last thing Bangar mentioned for his achievement was that Primordus is waking and he does mention the earthquakes. I am not sure if you need to have this part completed to notice them or if it is for everyone. I haven't experienced it myself yet but I always have camera shakes disabled. I haven't heard the sound of it either while I have the sound on. Maybe dailies isn't long enough to notice any. In short: It has to do with the upcoming Living World episode.

It isn't just Bangar that mentions the earthquakes; Taimi talks about them, as well (in the trailer).

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> To avoid spoilers

>

When we open the mail for the next ep we should at least get one mandatory earthquake for all the people unlucky not to have experienced it. xD

Why are we experiencing earthquakes now when the patch is still days away? It makes me dizzy. And is there a way to block those hovering sky scales, make them not there? An option to turn them off? It's super annoying. And talk about annoying, can people not open tomes of knowledge near the TP or bank? It's like trolling. Please go to one corner far away to do it.

Apparently these have been in the game for a while and people are only just now starting to notice them because so many of us have camera shake turned off or certain sound sliders set low due to noise pollution in the game. Whoops.

Might have been an improvement to have Taimi buzz the Commander on their communicator whenever a quake hit, just to make sure the seismic activity was noticed, even if it was just a quick 'did anyone else feel that?'

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> Apparently these have been in the game for a while and people are only just now starting to notice them because so many of us have camera shake turned off or certain sound sliders set low due to noise pollution in the game. Whoops.

>

> Might have been an improvement to have Taimi buzz the Commander on their communicator whenever a quake hit, just to make sure the seismic activity was noticed, even if it was just a quick 'did anyone else feel that?'

Really? I've always had 'camera shake' on, and environment sounds up, and I've yet to encounter an 'earthquake'.

I have, on the other hand, encountered the 'shaking' in Jumping Puzzles, and the big 'quake' at Megadestroyer each time.