Thoughts on the patch for Dec 1st, 2020.

~~merge or leave me alone.~~

>Profession Skills

>Elementalist

[QoL, disregarded]

>Engineer

>Freeze Grenade: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.375 to 0.2 in PvP only.

>Poison Grenade: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.375 to 0.2 in PvP only. Reduced poison stacks per grenade from 3 to 1 in PvP only.

>Grenade Barrage: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.4 to 0.3 in PvP only.

>Lesser Grenade Barrage: Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.3 to 0.2 in PvP only.

>Explosive Entrance: Reduced power coefficient from 1.25 to 0.9 in PvP only.

**Good work.**

>Guardian

[WVW only, disregarded.]

>Necromancer

>Well of Darkness: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.8 to 0.45 in WvW only.

>Well of Corruption: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.45 to 0.35 in WvW only.

Were these needed?

>Revenant

>Draconic Echo: This trait no longer increases the maximum number of targets of passive facet skills.

>Inspiring Reinforcement: Reduced stability duration from 3 seconds to 1 second in PvP only. Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only.

>All for One: Reduced protection duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.

>Breakrazor's Bastion: Reduced base heal from 4,529 to 3,397 in PvP only.

>Soulcleave's Summit: Reduced healing from life stealing from 328 to 262 in PvP only.

>Steadfast Rejuvenation: Reduced base heal from 40 to 33 in PvP only.

Not as expected or as needed as grenade nerfs but proactivity is always a plus. Didn't agree with the renegade groanings but I suppose with the shortbow rework this is acceptable.

>Thief

>**Shortbow, plasma Thanos snap**

Mmm, pain. mmm. Delicious. Hope y'all want some non shortbow thieves to spice up your ratings.

>Warrior

>Vigorous Shouts: Reduced healing coefficient from 1.0 to 0.64 in PvP only.

>"To the Limit!": Reduced base heal from 7,735 to 6,575 in PvP only. Reduced endurance granted from 100 to 50 in PvP only.

>Might Makes Right: Increased base heal from 64 to 85 in PvP and WvW.

Fair. Might put a dent in healbreaker. We going to do anything about the damage output for Zerker though?

>Structured Player vs. Player

>Removed the Celestial Amulet from the PvP Build panel.

I guess? Were people running this? Is this a nerf for Ele?

Overall Balance patch 7.8/10 in my very limited-scope opinion. 1 very targeted series of nerfs that was needed, 2 targeted sets of nerfs that were going to become a problem eventually, and 1 ~~ribkick~~ adjustment for thieves.

Instead of waiting for the next outlier to pop up that we can complain about. Allow me to expedite the process by sharing the Renegade build I've been using.

Legends Shiro/Jallis

Kalla is slow and boring. Take shiro instead and you're much more well rounded. Thief and Holo got nerfed this patch so you've got less competition while roaming.

Amulet: Sage, Zerker, Demo, Carrion...

Honestly all of these work. Shortbow has tons of torment and burn damage on top of its high power damage.

Traits:

I persoanally ran Versed in Stone over Steadfast rejuv for better matchup vs condi. The recent patch nerfed Steadfast Rejuv, so this trait looks even better by comparison. Dwarven battle training still poops out weakness and vuln for days which doubles as cover condis to add to your burst.

In Renegade I ran heartpiercer instead of All for One because I'm not running Kalla, so nerf is meaningless.

Vindication instead of righteous rebel for those juicy might stacks. If you have trouble with condis, just kill the person putting the condis on you 4head.

You're welcome. :)

I'd call the patch mostly mediocre with parts that are really bad. Killing Core Engineer for Holos sins is still a really, *really* stupid thing to do. Likewise nerfing the one viable build Warrior has had after the disaster that was the february patch means were likely going back to 0 viable Warrior builds. Thief changes, depends on what they do after them, so Im gonna hold off on judgment there.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> Killing Core Engineer for Holos sins is still a really, *really* stupid thing to do.

Nah, Grenades have carried long enough. They were overperforming and needed shaves. They did too much damage with random condis tacked on. 18 stacks of poison from poison grenade--

Yeah I can't. I think my two remaining brain cells might keel over if I write any more. :lol:

> @"Kuma.1503" said:

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > Killing Core Engineer for Holos sins is still a really, *really* stupid thing to do.

>

>

> Nah, Grenades have carried long enough. They were overperforming and needed shaves. They did too much damage with random condis tacked on. 18 stacks of poison from poison grenade--

>

> Yeah I can't. I think my two remaining brain cells might keel over if I write any more. :lol:

... the worst part is I wasnt sure if you were memeing.

To my fellow high IQ Warrior mains, don't worry. Healbreaker isn't that bad still tbh.

-More damage and Stability nerfs makes my CC-spam bunker build more OP

-The thief nerfs also make my lack of mobility less of an issue because I won't get back-capped as often.

-Celestial ammy was removed, which was pretty shocking as I didn't know a single person using this, but I appreciate having less to skim through to find the same meta amulets everyone else uses.

**Overall I give this patch a no/maybe.** My central nervous system is starting to produce dopamine regularly on its own again from the lack of stimulation, and as result; PvPing is too hard for me to sit through for anything other than dailies. I am unable to give a proper numerical score in this state. I don't even know how I got here.

Pros:

1) The right classes got targeted in the right areas.

2) Some overpreforming specs are nerfed

Cons:

1) Badly conceived changes leave nerfs that hit other specs for that class

2) More stuff removed because.

Personally, I'd give this patch a 7/10, mostly points because they at least did something, even if it's just nerfs. At least they hit the right specs (even if others were dragged in)

> @"Loboling.5293" said:

> Pros:

> 1) **The right classes got targeted in the right areas.**

> 2) Some overpreforming specs are nerfed

>

> Cons:

> 1) Badly conceived changes leave nerfs that hit other specs for that class

> 2) More stuff removed because.

>

> Personally, I'd give this patch a 7/10, mostly points because they at least did something, even if it's just nerfs. At least they hit the right specs (even if others were dragged in)

>

>

_laughs in necro_

> @"Anomaly.7612" said:

> > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > Pros:

> > 1) **The right classes got targeted in the right areas.**

> > 2) Some overpreforming specs are nerfed

> >

> > Cons:

> > 1) Badly conceived changes leave nerfs that hit other specs for that class

> > 2) More stuff removed because.

> >

> > Personally, I'd give this patch a 7/10, mostly points because they at least did something, even if it's just nerfs. At least they hit the right specs (even if others were dragged in)

> >

> >

> _laughs in necro_

>

To be honest, I don't really do much WvW. But in PvP, Necro seems fine, very strong, but not oppressive.