Expand Shared Inventory Slots to 32

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Still waiting for them to get to 30. When the next expansion comes, it will likely have a shared inventory slot with a lvl 80 booster. That will makes things wack since I size the box to have ten slot rows. Empty spaces or uneven rows would suck.

Good news they stack with other level 80 boost.

I still got 2 in 1 shared slot.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Still waiting for them to get to 30. When the next expansion comes, it will likely have a shared inventory slot with a lvl 80 booster. That will makes things wack since I size the box to have ten slot rows. Empty spaces or uneven rows would suck.

>

> Good news they stack with other level 80 boost.

> I still got 2 in 1 shared slot.

I only mention the lvl 80 booster because it comes with the shared inventory slot.

Shared slots are an expensive but simple convenience with no competitive advantage.

I'm not sure why they'd limit it to 32. Why not uncap it completely for those who have the means and want to support the game?

Nobody would even feel inferior to those with 1000+ shared slots because there's no way to see who has them.

Win - Win situation to completely remove the artificial cap? I think so...

When they were on sale recently, I bought 5 thinking I'd be happy with a total of 7... They make such a difference while playing, makes it so much easier & enjoyable. I really regret not buying more at the time & I'll definitely be buying more the next time I see them on sale, hopefully soon & more often.

I wouldn't object to more Shared Slots. Sure, it's one of those things where "give me more room, I'll find more junk to stick in it", but the convenience is hard to argue against. Right now, my existing slots are filled with Salvage Kits (Copper, Silver, BLSK and Ascended), various convenience items (Bank, TP, Merchant for access to services from anywhere), teleporters (Portal Tomes, Mistlock Sanctuary, Armistice Bastion, Lily of the Elon, Spearmarshal's Prayer, Home Instance Portal Stone etc.), and various other useful gizmos that come in handy now and again (like the Rewinder from Sandswept Isles, handy sometimes in JPs if you miss a tricky jump.) Given the chance, I'd also like to stick keys in there like Sunken Keys, Treasure Maps from PoF etc. so I don't need to have to dig them out of my bank if I happen to run across something.

I'd buy more if I could. It's definitely a case where the junk will expand to fill the space available, but I'm ok with that because as well as things I know I want there (like revive orbs and salvage kits) I tend to fill shared slots with stuff which otherwise sits in my bank and never gets used because I forget to take them out in advance and it doesn't quite seem worth using an instant bank access or leaving the map to get it. So filling up my shared slots actually leads to an overall reduction in the junk I have lying around.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Still waiting for them to get to 30. When the next expansion comes, it will likely have a shared inventory slot with a lvl 80 booster. That will makes things wack since I size the box to have ten slot rows. Empty spaces or uneven rows would suck.

I'm in that situation now. I have my inventory sized to 5 squares across and right now I have 22 shared inventory slots so two are stuck in a row of their own. It doesn't bother me too much because I put salvage kits in there, so I think of those as dedicated salvage kit spaces rather than general use shared inventory, but it would be nice to be able to even it up.

Although maybe I should wait until EoD purchase options are announced, in case one of them includes another shared inventory slot.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Why stop at 32? Why not make all bags shared? Give them 100 slots. Heck, give 'em 1000 slots! Or just expand the account bank to an infinite number of slots and make it accessible from anywhere.

/duly chastised. :/

I should make more of an effort to set out from LA or some other home base, to make sure that the character I'm using is properly kitted out before setting off. It will encourage, afford an opportunity to interact more with other players while I'm there, vs being self-reliant to the point of feeling like I'm playing a solo game. I'm going to need more bank space though. :#

If my math is right, it is $7/slot (5 slots for 2800 gems is best deal).

If someone wants to spend thousands of dollars to get hundred of slots, I honestly don't see much a problem with it, and it helps out Anet.

There may very well be some technical issues where allowing thousands of slots adds a fair amount of complication, and if only a few people buy them, it is not worth it. But it clearly seems like a decent number of folks are wanting more slots, so increasing the number to 30 seems reasonable to me. I suppose Anet can gather numbers and see number of slots people have unlocked. Maybe right now, only a tiny minority have unlocked all the available ones, which is why there is not reason to unlock more, because at best, you would only be selling to those who are currently maxed out - someone who has 10 slots is not likely to buy more if the cap becomes 30.

> @"Gotejjeken.1267" said:

> Ideally you'd be able to access your bank from your inventory, then combine shared slots with extra bank tabs. I guess they'd lose money that way, even if you had to pay for the convenience of accessing your bank from your inventory.

You already can permanent or single use bank express item