Living World Season 4 - November 28th!

Kronos.3695

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @Andred.1087 said:

> > The problem is that's just not feasible when people who aren't keeping up with the game will be coming in later to play PoF and be presented with a map that does not reflect where they are in the story. It's the same problem they ran into in S1, and I highly doubt they will do that again. They're much better off putting all the LS content in new maps.

>

> Make two versions of the same map then, one branded, one normal. It could work

_if_ such would be the case, it would remove one of the anti season 1 arguments

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > Wouldn't mind some meta events. Played some PvP but then went and relaxed by playing some Verdant Brink meta events last night, still fun to work up to the boss fights there. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that layered into the new maps. Large scale zone invasions like the old scarlet events into the new maps also would be fun, defend Anmoon from branded invasions!

>

> How would that work for players who haven't done the story yet? Are we going back to LS1-type of game?

My guess there is going to be a new Brand line in new map just west of Amnoon.

> @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > @Kronos.3695 said:

> >

> >

> > What are you going to expect?

>

> Wouldn't mind some meta events. Played some PvP but then went and relaxed by playing some Verdant Brink meta events last night, still fun to work up to the boss fights there. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that layered into the new maps. Large scale zone invasions like the old scarlet events into the new maps also would be fun, defend Anmoon from branded invasions!

Hmm, defend existing maps from branded invasion. I like it.

> @Tseison.4659 said:

> Oh look, recycled footage in hopes to get us hyped AND we're not getting it until practically the end of November. Guess I should add that it'll be a few missions and then we won't see another continuation for a couple of months... "yay".

End of November is well within the 2-3 month cadence ANet's told us to expect. The continuation is also within that schedule. Are you expecting the to deliver content more quickly, without generating enough revenue to add more staff?

(I'm with you on the recycled footage; it was certainly well done and an interesting reminder. All the same, I would have preferred to see 90% new and only 10% reminder.)

> @ChrisLew.5492 said:

> Will this still unlock if you haven’t finished the main (PoF) campaign? I just picked up the game again like a month ago and I’ve mostly been focused on ascended gearing and WvW. I’d rather not pay for this later, though.

Yes. Even if you don't play it, just login at least once after it is live and before ep2 to permanently bank it in your story journal for free

> @Loosifah.4738 said:

> I was thinking it looked a little different; but to be honest Kralk should just learn to not have lieutenants. So far Glint has betrayed Kralk; and both of her children have fought against it

Not that I want to defend my suggestion that this is Aurene, but why put an unknown lieutenant in a trailer? That's a huge waste of screentime whether or not it'll be the next step towards Kralk. With that small section of a preview, I figure you're going to put the absolute most important scenes to tell your players "Hey! Get Ready! This is going to happen!"

I still think it's aurene. I hope it isn't, b/c writers can drag that very tired storyline out for a very long time (like the entire living world season). We'll see though :)

> @TheUndefined.1720 said:

> > @Loosifah.4738 said:

> > I was thinking it looked a little different; but to be honest Kralk should just learn to not have lieutenants. So far Glint has betrayed Kralk; and both of her children have fought against it

>

> Not that I want to defend my suggestion that this is Aurene, but why put an unknown lieutenant in a trailer? That's a huge waste of screentime whether or not it'll be the next step towards Kralk. With that small section of a preview, I figure you're going to put the absolute most important scenes to tell your players "Hey! Get Ready! This is going to happen!"

>

> I still think it's aurene. I hope it isn't, b/c writers can drag that very tired storyline out for a very long time (like the entire living world season). We'll see though :)

I think it's just a closeup of one of the piles of airborne branded we see flapping over the city. (WP had an interesting comment that they looked like branded griffons to him).

> @Kronos.3695 said:

> What are you going to expect?

The whole crystal oasis map will become branded, just like the eastern half of domain of vabbi. Also, since this brand got created so recently, the lightnings will hit you much more often, like once per second. The lightning is also so strong now that the skimmer wont protect you anymore from it.