22k Deaths Judgement After the "fix"

ArmageddonAsh.6430

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> So, this is meant to be balanced? 22,000damage. Well, 22,041 to be precise damage. I took ONE hit from him before i took the damage. too me, i think that having it so it passively stacks the Malice stacks is slightly lazy game design. Press 1 button and then go into stealth. Wait until Ready. Use Deaths Judgement If you're lucky you can dodge it, assuming that you obviously not fighting anyone else. because you sure as hell aint dodging it with the mass of combat effects going around.

>

> No skill should be able to 1shot anyone. I have 1,700 Toughness (2,700Armour), so hardly zerk. Taking 22,000damage in ONE ability isnt exactly creating a skill based game. Especially when you have very little in terms of skills i can use to protect myself. No reflects to use or anything, cant reveal him to at least try and kill him. All they have to do is Mark you, go into stealth and thats it!? Seems a bit lazy in terms of pretty much everything. No attacking needed. Just go stealth stay away (not too hard) and press a single button when the passive gameplay has done its job?

You have to be wrong mate. They nerf what is broken, they nerfed the Condi Reaper since it was soo OP, other specs all work as intended, so if you do not want to be oneshotted just play with 17.000 Toughness and everything will be fine :)

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > with damage like this in game I really can't understand why gunflame was nerfed

>

> skill itself and projectile speed was faster, aoe , CC & less warning i guess?

It was also bugged to hit people twice. They probably didn't need to nerf the damage but hitting for 2.75×2 (5.5 total) is a little high. DJ only hits for 2.89 (untraited) , which is just over 2nd tier killshot.

> @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > with damage like this in game I really can't understand why gunflame was nerfed

> >

> > skill itself and projectile speed was faster, aoe , CC & less warning i guess?

>

> It was also bugged to hit people twice. They probably didn't need to nerf the damage but hitting for 2.75×2 (5.5 total) is a little high. DJ only hits for 2.89 (untraited) , which is just over 2nd tier killshot.

Maybe so, but kill shot can't achieve damage numbers anywhere near DJ anymore. That said, gun flame (rather than kill shot) was more of a problem for the game at its peak brokenness than DJ is now.

May i also add 30k-50k+ damage after the 'fix' as well.

Thief player, ' **its kinda broken ( too broken ) but its funny that you can 1 shot people and stay perma stealth all the time** '

(Yup! Things are better and better than ever, with more build diversity and with more balancing...Spectacular!!)

Enjoy

> @"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

> not even using executioner. -_- but kitten shadow-arts

why would he use executioner? it only increases damage against targets below 50% health. but in some of the kills he runs hidden killer - that is a damage loss compared to no quarter.

deadly arts only will grand you 200 power from revealed training for that playstyle and maybe 10% damage from exposed weakness if you use the stolen skill during the shot, but giving up shadow arts is pretty much suicide.

and you are right a deadeye does not have a hard time in WvW but that is due to most people are either unable to dogge or easy to distract. and if he only tries shooting when there is a low chance he gets counterbursted, then a deadeye also wont die often. while in pvp you dont have time to stay in stealth and in pve dps is too low.

in WvW in sort of a 'duel' situation against a half decent opponent, you wont be able to oneshot (only maybe with backstab). in a groupfight you can easily render a Deadeye useless with positioning

the question is what do you want to balance the game around. if its 1 on 1 , small group fights, blob fights a deadeye will probably considered weak atm. but if you want to balance the solo gank potential then a deadeye has a really low risk/high reward if played with caution. most deadeyes i encounter are to aggrssive tho (probably former daredevils :D ) so they are not a problem.

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> May i also add 30k-50k+ damage after the 'fix' as well.

> Thief player, ' **its kinda broken ( too broken ) but its funny that you can 1 shot people and stay perma stealth all the time** '

> (Yup! Things are better and better than ever, with more build diversity and with more balancing...Spectacular!!)

> Enjoy

>

>

>

He’s on a server I’m linked with but not really seen him around. I wouldn’t put too much stock into half these kills, the servers he’s fighting are well known to rely on numbers than anything else. Nice video though and good editting by Hizen.

I agree with OP oneshot skills should not exist in the game at all, including new flavor of assassin signed and mesmer oneshot "combo".

Said that, really just try to roll a deadeye, unless you are in a bottom tier server you will find 1 out of 50 players which is not dodging your DJ.

I stop using DJ at all and run crit strike build with basilisk venom and no stealth, still you get destroyed by any DD or guard dps.

Ah every time you die you don't even have swiftness to quickly go back to the action, need to swap to daredevil for traveling.

Yeah, nice spec

> @apharma.3741 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > May i also add 30k-50k+ damage after the 'fix' as well.

> > Thief player, ' **its kinda broken ( too broken ) but its funny that you can 1 shot people and stay perma stealth all the time** '

> > (Yup! Things are better and better than ever, with more build diversity and with more balancing...Spectacular!!)

> > Enjoy

> >

> >

> >

>

> He’s on a server I’m linked with but not really seen him around. I wouldn’t put too much stock into half these kills, the servers he’s fighting are well known to rely on numbers than anything else. Nice video though and good editting by Hizen.

His videos always make me laugh though. They are quite enjoyable to watch, even if they don't represent what playing the game is really like for most players

> No skill should be able to 1shot anyone. I have 1,700 Toughness (2,700Armour), so hardly zerk. Taking 22,000damage in ONE ability isnt exactly creating a skill based game. Especially when you have very little in terms of skills i can use to protect myself. No reflects to use or anything, cant reveal him to at least try and kill him. All they have to do is Mark you, go into stealth and thats it!? Seems a bit lazy in terms of pretty much everything. No attacking needed. Just go stealth stay away (not too hard) and press a single button when the passive gameplay has done its job?

Can you qualify this statement? I was playing with gunflame the other day and generated an 16k hit on a squishy. I am sure I can push that number significantly higher. Is that "too much damage" because it a one shot kill?

I can go all zerker on a thief and get 2118 armor with a little over 11k health. Is an 11k hit suddenly OP because I was "downed in one hit" ? The consequences of such a rule would be far worse for the games balance. We would create situations where people go all zerker just for more damage because there no real downside as they can not be one shot , or we would have people impossible to kill because if there no attacks that can do more then 10k damage EVER . If the most damage one can ever muster via power against a squishy some 10k then it going to be far far less against someone heavily armored or running protection ETC which will mean more Condition builds in use just so people can be downed.

ANET gave plenty of tools to avoid this "one shot kill" coming from a DJ. That is how the skills damage balanced. You can avoid that damage with one button press which takes no more in the way of skill. Yes you might "miss" the tells and take the hit and get downed, but I suggest the DJ making that shot and kill would have made plenty more kills through the day using another spec or even another proffession using skills which are far harder to avoid.

> @babazhook.6805 said:

> > No skill should be able to 1shot anyone. I have 1,700 Toughness (2,700Armour), so hardly zerk. Taking 22,000damage in ONE ability isnt exactly creating a skill based game. Especially when you have very little in terms of skills i can use to protect myself. No reflects to use or anything, cant reveal him to at least try and kill him. All they have to do is Mark you, go into stealth and thats it!? Seems a bit lazy in terms of pretty much everything. No attacking needed. Just go stealth stay away (not too hard) and press a single button when the passive gameplay has done its job?

>

> Can you qualify this statement? I was playing with gunflame the other day and generated an 16k hit on a squishy. I am sure I can push that number significantly higher. Is that "too much damage" because it a one shot kill?

>

> I can go all zerker on a thief and get 2118 armor with a little over 11k health. Is an 11k hit suddenly OP because I was "downed in one hit" ? The consequences of such a rule would be far worse for the games balance. We would create situations where people go all zerker just for more damage because there no real downside as they can not be one shot , or we would have people impossible to kill because if there no attacks that can do more then 10k damage EVER . If the most damage one can ever muster via power against a squishy some 10k then it going to be far far less against someone heavily armored or running protection ETC which will mean more Condition builds in use just so people can be downed.

>

> ANET gave plenty of tools to avoid this "one shot kill" coming from a DJ. That is how the skills damage balanced. You can avoid that damage with one button press which takes no more in the way of skill. Yes you might "miss" the tells and take the hit and get downed, but I suggest the DJ making that shot and kill would have made plenty more kills through the day using another spec or even another proffession using skills which are far harder to avoid.

>

>

Babazhook, I'm sorry to say this, you can't never win this argument. There are 100% proofs everywhere, that's the truth.

**Truth Wins**

> @babazhook.6805 said:

> > No skill should be able to 1shot anyone. I have 1,700 Toughness (2,700Armour), so hardly zerk. Taking 22,000damage in ONE ability isnt exactly creating a skill based game. Especially when you have very little in terms of skills i can use to protect myself. No reflects to use or anything, cant reveal him to at least try and kill him. All they have to do is Mark you, go into stealth and thats it!? Seems a bit lazy in terms of pretty much everything. No attacking needed. Just go stealth stay away (not too hard) and press a single button when the passive gameplay has done its job?

>

> Can you qualify this statement? I was playing with gunflame the other day and generated an 16k hit on a squishy. I am sure I can push that number significantly higher. Is that "too much damage" because it a one shot kill?

>

> I can go all zerker on a thief and get 2118 armor with a little over 11k health. Is an 11k hit suddenly OP because I was "downed in one hit" ? The consequences of such a rule would be far worse for the games balance. We would create situations where people go all zerker just for more damage because there no real downside as they can not be one shot , or we would have people impossible to kill because if there no attacks that can do more then 10k damage EVER . If the most damage one can ever muster via power against a squishy some 10k then it going to be far far less against someone heavily armored or running protection ETC which will mean more Condition builds in use just so people can be downed.

>

> ANET gave plenty of tools to avoid this "one shot kill" coming from a DJ. That is how the skills damage balanced. You can avoid that damage with one button press which takes no more in the way of skill. Yes you might "miss" the tells and take the hit and get downed, but I suggest the DJ making that shot and kill would have made plenty more kills through the day using another spec or even another proffession using skills which are far harder to avoid.

>

>

There's a huge difference between one shotting a glass cannon build on one of the low health pool classes and doing enough damage in one hit to one shot 90%+ of all builds being used in the game. 22k damage is on the lower end of some of the SS that have been shown of DJ, yet is still enough to OHKO most builds in the game.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @babazhook.6805 said:

> > > No skill should be able to 1shot anyone. I have 1,700 Toughness (2,700Armour), so hardly zerk. Taking 22,000damage in ONE ability isnt exactly creating a skill based game. Especially when you have very little in terms of skills i can use to protect myself. No reflects to use or anything, cant reveal him to at least try and kill him. All they have to do is Mark you, go into stealth and thats it!? Seems a bit lazy in terms of pretty much everything. No attacking needed. Just go stealth stay away (not too hard) and press a single button when the passive gameplay has done its job?

> >

> > Can you qualify this statement? I was playing with gunflame the other day and generated an 16k hit on a squishy. I am sure I can push that number significantly higher. Is that "too much damage" because it a one shot kill?

> >

> > I can go all zerker on a thief and get 2118 armor with a little over 11k health. Is an 11k hit suddenly OP because I was "downed in one hit" ? The consequences of such a rule would be far worse for the games balance. We would create situations where people go all zerker just for more damage because there no real downside as they can not be one shot , or we would have people impossible to kill because if there no attacks that can do more then 10k damage EVER . If the most damage one can ever muster via power against a squishy some 10k then it going to be far far less against someone heavily armored or running protection ETC which will mean more Condition builds in use just so people can be downed.

> >

> > ANET gave plenty of tools to avoid this "one shot kill" coming from a DJ. That is how the skills damage balanced. You can avoid that damage with one button press which takes no more in the way of skill. Yes you might "miss" the tells and take the hit and get downed, but I suggest the DJ making that shot and kill would have made plenty more kills through the day using another spec or even another proffession using skills which are far harder to avoid.

> >

> >

>

> There's a huge difference between one shotting a glass cannon build on one of the low health pool classes and doing enough damage in one hit to one shot 90%+ of all builds being used in the game. 22k damage is on the lower end of some of the SS that have been shown of DJ, yet is still enough to OHKO most builds in the game.

Again, anyone hitting you for that much put everything into that hit, that's a free kill for you, if you'r still getting hit with DJ after that first or second time then your'e always going to find something to cry about. And again, lets take away DJ, are you saying just take it away from thieves without any compensation? If so, you're a dick. If not, then that potential has to be put someplace else, or better yet for someone like me, gets spread around to other skills that DE's are actually using and that will be even more a sure death for you and likely give DE something close to an optimal build. So, I'm with you, lets fix DJ.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> I've yet to be hit with a Death's Judgement for more than 12k. I don't think these 1-hit builds are as prevalent in WvW as some people seem to think they are.

one reason for this is probably the metabattle build being wrong for high oneshots. and the ones that would try deadeye are mostly non thief mains that wont see it, as alot of older thief mains dont like the style/efficency against half decent players - at least thats what i was told by most thieves i know.

on top of that alot are not patient enough for the perfect moment, sometimes you got to remark 2-3 times to get a perfect shot without the risk to die. i only had like 3 diffrent snipers that had patience as opponents, first one fight ended with both getting too bored after 15 mins and leaving and the other two 2 i won by baiting them out and backstabing them.

12k is like DJ right after marking on a squishy target. i also havent been hit by a high DJ, not sure if i even got hit by DJ at all (not counting reflected DJs) so yes oneshot snipers are not that prevalent :D