6th Year Anniversary Gfits?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect to get the luminous weapon choice, the dye choice and the backpack choice, like others say. Beyond that I have no high expectation at all, and I'd advice you not to have massive expectations either.

To be fair the backpack, weapon and dyes are not bad birthday gifts at all, and I even always get to use the level boosters for my keyruns.

Maybe when the first veterans get to have all the backpacks /weapons something new will replace those... like new weapon or backpack skins. :P

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > @"Wyldchild.8706" said:

> > I'd be curious if they would add a mount skins or even glider skins for the anniversary.

>

> they would never do it, as it will undercut their bottom line, unless the new skin takes 5 min to do.

You could say the same about the birthday finisher and mail carrier and the royal guard outfit which is not a birthday gift but was given on one of the anniversary dates. They sell mail carriers, finishers and outfits in the gem store but it didn't stop them adding a free one.

Having said that I agree with what other people have said: We can be reasonably sure we'll get a dye choice pack, a level scroll and a birthday booster (1 per character) because those have been in every gift and it's highly likely we'll also get a title, choice of birthday backpack and luminous weapon (1 per account) because otherwise we'd be left with only part of a collection.

They may choose to add to that or they may think that's enough stuff. The luminous weapons might have been added deliberately to give them a few years before they need to design new birthday stuff. So I wouldn't rule out getting something extra, but I also wouldn't get too attached to the idea of it, especially not expecting a specific type of item like a mount or glider, because that's a great way to be disappointed.

A bit like a real birthday. Some people have told me they're going to buy me a gift, I know some of those people are aware of things I want or can find my Amazon list, but I'm not expecting to get any specific items, and I'll be happy with...almost...anything. My mother-in-law persists in assuming I share her taste in jewelry so getting something really nice which is absolutely nothing like anything I'd ever wear is not out of the question either. Same in GW2. Anet might surprise us with a glider or mount skin and then it might be one you (general you, not a specific person) can't use or which doesn't suit any of your characters.

I expect to see some new addition given what we've had over previous years - 3rd year finisher, 4th year backpiece, 5th year luminous weapons...

Yes I agree we'll likely get another choice of backpiece and another luminous weapon, which I expect to roll on every year until all have been taken (so that's quite a few years for the luminous weapons, unless we get 2 per year).

As for what could be new - I doubt it would be glider or mount skins as they wouldn't want to alienate players who don't own HoT/PoF (I'd imagine birthday gifts need to be inclusive for the whole player base). It could be "luminous armour" to match the luminous weapons, again with a choice of two pieces, or some other birthday exclusive armour pieces.

Something like a guaranteed wardrobe unlock but you get to choose the item you get from a selection would be cool. Maybe like you get to pick a Black Lion weapon skin out of any past ones. Something like that. That way it doesn't make them lose money on potential gem store purchases (boohoo) and it's not just a loot bag of stuff that you're only lucky to get if you actually want what's in it.

Probably being optimistic, but would be very happy to receive another 4-5 _Luminous_ weapon skins (given that we had 2 for 5th anniversary) . Since there are 16 skins total, it's difficult to gauge how much they are going to stagger their release (surely they don't intend to make us wait until the 13th anniversary to complete the set?!)

Personally I think those are so much more attractive than the _Zenith_ and _Pinnacle_ ones from AP rewards.

> @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> Something like a guaranteed wardrobe unlock but you get to choose the item you get from a selection would be cool. Maybe like you get to pick a Black Lion weapon skin out of any past ones. Something like that. That way it doesn't make them lose money on potential gem store purchases (boohoo) and it's not just a loot bag of stuff that you're only lucky to get if you actually want what's in it.

I'd love that. I could finally get the Mini Mushroom Stomper which is _only_ available from the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock without having to unlock all the other stuff it gives first.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> if anything, a token to remove the god awful NPE part from a 6 year old account.

The only NPE restrictions which should be affecting a 6 year old account are that on new characters you now unlock weapon skills by leveling instead of unlocking each skill on each weapon individually by using it, and that the profession mechanics (like the ranger pet menu and thief's steal skill) are hidden until level 5. Since you unlock the last weapon skill at level 8 that can be avoided by using 6 Tomes of Knowledge (leaving the tutorial gets you to level 2, even if you do literally nothing except stand in range of the boss fight until it's done) which any 6 year old account should be able to get easily.

Oh and there's the Content Guide but it's always been possible to disable that completely.

If there's anything else still locked on your account (either on new characters or all of them) that would be a bug which needs to be reported to Support.

**Choice from a new set of combat tonics**. Can use existing transformation tonics or be completely new models. Downside would be more inventory space taken up and how to handle excess tonics may need to be addressed.

**Wardrobe unlock for a specific category**. Players can choose to unlock skins for any greatsword or light head armor for example. Same functionality as the existing ones but it’s narrowed down a bit. Some restrictions may be needed.

Edit: This may also provide an added bonus to the economy as I’m sure many players would try to hedge themselves by unlocking cheaper skins to increase the chance(s) of getting a particular skin that they want. This could act indirectly as a currency sink.

**One accountbound gemstore weapon skin**.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > if anything, a token to remove the god awful NPE part from a 6 year old account.

>

> The only NPE restrictions which should be affecting a 6 year old account are that on new characters you now unlock weapon skills by leveling instead of unlocking each skill on each weapon individually by using it, and that the profession mechanics (like the ranger pet menu and thief's steal skill) are hidden until level 5. Since you unlock the last weapon skill at level 8 that can be avoided by using 6 Tomes of Knowledge (leaving the tutorial gets you to level 2, even if you do literally nothing except stand in range of the boss fight until it's done) which any 6 year old account should be able to get easily.

>

> Oh and there's the Content Guide but it's always been possible to disable that completely.

>

> If there's anything else still locked on your account (either on new characters or all of them) that would be a bug which needs to be reported to Support.

you're forgetting the part where skills are locked till lvl 21 and downed state till lvl 8, something an old account should not have.

i can understand it when a account is just a weak old but after 6 years i should have all weapon skills from the start just like before the NPE.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > if anything, a token to remove the god awful NPE part from a 6 year old account.

> >

> > The only NPE restrictions which should be affecting a 6 year old account are that on new characters you now unlock weapon skills by leveling instead of unlocking each skill on each weapon individually by using it, and that the profession mechanics (like the ranger pet menu and thief's steal skill) are hidden until level 5. Since you unlock the last weapon skill at level 8 that can be avoided by using 6 Tomes of Knowledge (leaving the tutorial gets you to level 2, even if you do literally nothing except stand in range of the boss fight until it's done) which any 6 year old account should be able to get easily.

> >

> > Oh and there's the Content Guide but it's always been possible to disable that completely.

> >

> > If there's anything else still locked on your account (either on new characters or all of them) that would be a bug which needs to be reported to Support.

>

> you're forgetting the part where skills are locked till lvl 21 and downed state till lvl 8, something an old account should not have.

> i can understand it when a account is just a weak old but after 6 years i should have all weapon skills from the start just like before the NPE.

Level 21? For weapon skills?

>weapon skills (occupying slots 1-5) are unlocked through leveling; slot 1 is always available, slot 2 unlocks at level 2, slot 3 at level 4, slot 4 at level 6, 5 at level 8, 6 at level 1, 7 at level 11, 8 at level 15, 9 at level 19 and slot 0 at level 31.

The last weapon skill unlocks at level 8. Just use 6 tomes after getting out of the starter instance and you’ll have your weapon skills.

In case you forgot. The old way you had to discover each weapon’s skills by playing. If you got a different type of weapon you had to start at skill one again no matter what level you were. Even if you were level 80 you’d have to learn it by using it. You never had all weapon skills at the start.