Could there ever be a chance of 15vs15 arena?

King Latif.6903

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

Isn't that already existing in the Obsidian Sanctum though? But it ended up falling through? Why would altering EotM for a redux change any of that?

Because eotm has green blue red sides which are made up for the servers on green blue red for the week, more guilds will be able to meet up every week to fight if they want. Like a t1 green guild could fight a t4 blue guild if they wanted.

OS is limited to the 3 servers in the current match.

Guildhall arena uses pve rules instead of wvw, and also smaller than OS (something they were even told before HoT launched).

Unfortunately this change is coming extremely late where like I mentioned gvg is near dead in NA, and I'm not sure how dead in EU, but it's nice to know they have been working on it. Maybe it will spark some guild fights again now that there will be a little more freedom to fight specific guilds. But a lot of people are still just waiting for alliance mode to be released.

> So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

Speaking of EOTM, is there a chance that some EOTM specific achievments can be changed ? The supply generator capturer and special objective capturer require insanely alot more work (1750 and 2100 captures) compared to other EOTM achievments. Due to the current state of EOTM, making progress on these is realy slow and realy unrewarding compared to actual WvW, therefor it would be great if they could somehow be changed/lowered.

> We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

While you are working on the EOTM-Map: Could you please remove the cannons on the central GvG spot? They serve no real purpose there for normal eotm-gameplay, are bugged and removing them would open another spot for gvging, which would be good as there are often more than two guilds gvging at the same time but no longer multiple instances of eotm because of the lack of people that play it.

Ben I think many GvG'ers (at least most I know) are very welcome of the idea of making the gearing system of WvW be the same as that of PvP, it makes changing builds much easier, removes imbalance between guilds and is also a lot more welcoming for new players, since it is very very difficult and time consuming for new players to acquire the correct ascended gear necessary.

Also, I think the ideal solution here would be 15v15 map, with the same system as PvP automated tournaments implemented. So you can only queue up when you have a squad of 15 ready, and the map can literally be a flat piece of ground, doesn't need objectives, mechanics or to be fancy, literally just a flat piece of land. Round ends when all players on one team are fully dead, no respawns until a round is over. Don't get me wrong I think 10v10 is not bad, and also in a death match format, but at those low numbers it's more PvP than WvW and it wouldn't be the same.

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

> > > > >

> > > > > Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

> > > > >

> > > > > We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

> > > >

> > > > hi ben. an option to reset cooldowns for that 10v10 dm would be great. thanks.

> > >

> > > Custom arena code should already handle that between rounds.

> >

> > A good interim solution would be for WvW balance to extend to the guild hall arena. Would that be a possible change?

> >

> > It's very bad right now especially because of the WvW exclusive nerf to classes like Scourge and PVE mechanics like Retal and Loss Aversion. Scourge DPS basically doubles in guild hall as they do not get the shade nerfs from WvW for example.

> >

> >

>

> We've investigated it a bit. It's still too early to say yes or no on. Let's just say, it's not really an easy thing to do.

What are the considerations that make it not an easy thing to do?

> @"Boss Nomad.6487" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

> > > > >

> > > > > hi ben. an option to reset cooldowns for that 10v10 dm would be great. thanks.

> > > >

> > > > Custom arena code should already handle that between rounds.

> > >

> > > A good interim solution would be for WvW balance to extend to the guild hall arena. Would that be a possible change?

> > >

> > > It's very bad right now especially because of the WvW exclusive nerf to classes like Scourge and PVE mechanics like Retal and Loss Aversion. Scourge DPS basically doubles in guild hall as they do not get the shade nerfs from WvW for example.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > We've investigated it a bit. It's still too early to say yes or no on. Let's just say, it's not really an easy thing to do.

>

> What are the considerations that make it not an easy thing to do?

I've asked about this in last AMA. Basically rules like retaliation damage and skill version (PvE/PvP/WvW) are tied to the world map. So if a map is in core Tyria it has PvE rules, if it's in PvP it has PvP rules etc. Guild Hall would need to be moved out of the Tyria world, so I guess that's the problem. Things like switchable rules would mean the map needed to somehow change its location.

> @"Boss Nomad.6487" said:

> > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

> > > > >

> > > > > hi ben. an option to reset cooldowns for that 10v10 dm would be great. thanks.

> > > >

> > > > Custom arena code should already handle that between rounds.

> > >

> > > A good interim solution would be for WvW balance to extend to the guild hall arena. Would that be a possible change?

> > >

> > > It's very bad right now especially because of the WvW exclusive nerf to classes like Scourge and PVE mechanics like Retal and Loss Aversion. Scourge DPS basically doubles in guild hall as they do not get the shade nerfs from WvW for example.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > We've investigated it a bit. It's still too early to say yes or no on. Let's just say, it's not really an easy thing to do.

>

> What are the considerations that make it not an easy thing to do?

Laserbeams.

The Guild Hall Arenas were 'supposed' to be a place for Guilds to fight, but they never let us expand that thing, had the PVE ruleset and it had issues with inviting other guilds. By now those GvG guilds hardly stuck around, nevermind when the GvG scene was booming 4-5 years ago. At least we got the redesigned OS back then, before Guilds started using EoTM and Guild Arenas, because of being in separate Match-ups.

> @"Samug.6512" said:

> > @"Boss Nomad.6487" said:

> > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > hi ben. an option to reset cooldowns for that 10v10 dm would be great. thanks.

> > > > >

> > > > > Custom arena code should already handle that between rounds.

> > > >

> > > > A good interim solution would be for WvW balance to extend to the guild hall arena. Would that be a possible change?

> > > >

> > > > It's very bad right now especially because of the WvW exclusive nerf to classes like Scourge and PVE mechanics like Retal and Loss Aversion. Scourge DPS basically doubles in guild hall as they do not get the shade nerfs from WvW for example.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > We've investigated it a bit. It's still too early to say yes or no on. Let's just say, it's not really an easy thing to do.

> >

> > What are the considerations that make it not an easy thing to do?

>

> I've asked about this in last AMA. Basically rules like retaliation damage and skill version (PvE/PvP/WvW) are tied to the world map. So if a map is in core Tyria it has PvE rules, if it's in PvP it has PvP rules etc. Guild Hall would need to be moved out of the Tyria world, so I guess that's the problem. Things like switchable rules would mean the map needed to somehow change its location.

Doesnt sound that hard tbh, i mean they could switch the Guild Hall map properties to WvW. I really dont see ANY reason why The Guild Hall arena uses PvE rules

> So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

>

> Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

>

> We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

Is there a reason why there couldn't be an instance of a map for spvp, and a separate instance of the same map accessible for wvw?

>

> Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

>

Please please please make the custom arena accessible via the guild hall rather than locked behind the current custom arena system. That was something you guys talked about doing (giving us a larger pvp area using pvp gear instanced from the guild hall) back when HOT launched and we first saw guild halls.

> We've investigated it a bit. It's still too early to say yes or no on. Let's just say, it's not really an easy thing to do.

Is it possible to create a new arena for Guild Hall purchase (maybe an earlier/cheaper/easier to access purchase) that does use the WvW ruleset/

Hell, I would pay gems or real money for this, if it was something I could buy to add-on to my lvl 5 GvG Guild Hall? Damn.

https://i.imgur.com/8ETwFIX.gifv

> @"King Latif.6903" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > gvg is pretty dead... just look at the last na gvg tournie, half those guilds didn't belong there.

> > Would have probably been amazing if in the early years they had 5v5 10v10 15v15 guild arena seasons with rankings.

> >

> > They should also still probably still think still maybe still do still something still about still MAKING OBSIDIAN SANCTUM MEGASERVER'D.

> >

>

> These are nice suggestions its just as you said, its like they never had an intrest in 15vs15 for some reason and I really do hope they do some thing sooner or later

Those are nice suggestions, but those GvG players last time a spoke to a few they want just to use their gimmick aoe spam form WvW guild comp and pve trinket system, in a arena w/o any kind of objectives, that is just stupid and unskilled has fword to spend coding time and money into that game mode.

@"XenesisII.1540

**im all for GVG in gw2** but not has "stack n' spam n' clash" thing w/o objectives.

IMO Anet needs to fork the stronghold mode and transforms it in true GvG more similiar to the GvG from core GW, 10-15(like 2 or 3 parties figthing for objectives within the SPVP trinket system, and spvp would be blanced towards that since skills got separeted from otehr gamemodes).

And yes the ladder would be really back, i agree with that but on some old post Anet said that will try something w/o a ladder i think they hate ladders lol...

>

>

Dont waste lots of times at GvG. B)

This is just 2% population of GW2

> @"Jerry CCH.9816" said:

> > So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

> >

> > Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

> >

> > We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

>

> Dont waste lots of times at GvG. B)

>

> This is just 2% population of GW2

>

That's less than the raid population of GW2.

D:

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"Jerry CCH.9816" said:

> > > So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

> > >

> > > Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

> > >

> > > We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

> >

> > Dont waste lots of times at GvG. B)

> >

> > This is just 2% population of GW2

> >

>

> That's less than the raid population of GW2.

>

> D:

The population of skilled players is even lower than the population that want real GvG, cause most of those left long long time ago....

This is a game designed for pve players from its backbone wich has become a issue(it always was).

>

>

Before I start this I say this in a good manner and not to be disrespectful of you Ben P, I see you have been trying your hardest to help the WvW and pvp community and have been patiently listening.

However, I really do not understand why GvG’s (15vs15) are not supported and that there are no plans. Since the start of the game I have had an interest in 15vs15s and it’s the only reason why I continue to religiously play this game. It keeps me coming back yet it’s STILL not supported. The guild hall system doesn’t work as the arena it’s self is too small and getting everyone into the right map takes way to long, OS is great but you cannot gvg against other servers plus, it’s only got space for 2 guilds to fight each other. Eotm works but gankers and them damn turrets ruin it all , plus I’ve been through the experience of setting up a gvg then to realise the guild is the same colour for WvW so we cannot GvG. There genuinely was a huge community for 15vs15 throughout this games life span, and there still is a way for this particular and unique type of game play to work and be fruitful. So why not support it, that’s my question, people want it and it would really help keep WvW alive in some way for GvG’s going forward . I hope alliances bring people back but I know it won’t hold guilds for long if there isn’t a system like this implemented, bring the guilds back with alliances and hold them here with a GvG system.

For a GvG system-just some thing that is instanced and guilds are able to fight each other in an 15vs15 arena. Progressing to the next round if they win, with this a leaderboard showing the guilds that win and like pvp some sort of extras exclusive item

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

> > > > >

> > > > > Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

> > > > >

> > > > > We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

> > > >

> > > > hi ben. an option to reset cooldowns for that 10v10 dm would be great. thanks.

> > >

> > > Custom arena code should already handle that between rounds.

> >

> > A good interim solution would be for WvW balance to extend to the guild hall arena. Would that be a possible change?

> >

> > It's very bad right now especially because of the WvW exclusive nerf to classes like Scourge and PVE mechanics like Retal and Loss Aversion. Scourge DPS basically doubles in guild hall as they do not get the shade nerfs from WvW for example.

> >

> >

>

Compared to what you said, how hard would it be to make a guild hall directly in wvw?

Doesn't have to be shiny and stuffs, starting with just the arena (a bit larger than current ones) would be already a big step.

Also doesn't need to be a capturing event like the pve ones, pay x badges of honor (or tribute?) which would be a great badges sink for all the wvw players or also y tickets and z of other stuffs to unlock it.