[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged]

> @"Scavarius.6059" said:

> while i agree that box in box(yo dawg) is kinda a lot, the change to everything drops uni gear made it fairly tolerable. we're talking about the bonus lootchests from the mapreward, right? what would you like instead, since every single chest draws from the mobdrop tables. wich would make removing them a hard nerf.

> @"Scavarius.6059" said:

> while i agree that box in box(yo dawg) is kinda a lot, the change to everything drops uni gear made it fairly tolerable. we're talking about the bonus lootchests from the mapreward, right? what would you like instead, since every single chest draws from the mobdrop tables. wich would make removing them a hard nerf.

I don't know what it looks like on new maps. But in old HOT and POF maps you get lots of bags that you open and where there are more bags. And in THESE bags, sometimes there is still another bag you can open for loot. Especially these plant-skin lootbags do that in my experience.

I never understood this system personally, but maybe there are people who like it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a solution could be that at least some bags/boxes open automatically when they're dropped? That way the computer still goes through the different loot tables, and you still get the same end results but you don't have to open them manually. Kind of like how PoF used to have various items which could be consumed for karma, then sometime not long after launch (or maybe even before?) they were changed to be consumed automatically - you'll still see the items in the list on the right of the screen but they never go into your inventory.

Although if they did that I'd like to keep unidentified gear as it is because I find it useful to stack it up and then open them all at once when I'm in a town and ready to sort it all out. I think some people would like to keep champion bags too because I know farming them on one character then passing them to another to open is a popular strategy.

But things like the [Hidden Treasure](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Treasure) which comes from some tree and plant nodes, or the Bag of Rare Gear @"WorldofBay.8160" mentioned could open automatically when you get them, so you just receive the end result without having to manually open the bag it came in.

"We need more drops!"

Okay, here's more drops. And it's stacked up so it doesn't all clutter your inventory! Just click here...

"Stop with the boxes already!"

smh

Actual, relevant commentary: Have you tried "Salvage All"? It's very good at getting rid of various vendor trash.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> "We need more drops!"

> Okay, here's more drops. And it's stacked up so it doesn't all clutter your inventory! Just click here...

> "Stop with the boxes already!"

> smh

>

> Actual, relevant commentary: Have you tried "Salvage All"? It's very good at getting rid of various vendor trash.

Salvaging all does not salvage boxes. There are boxes left. After opening the boxes and salvaging all leaves the new boxes that were in the previous boxes among other things. Opening them and salvaging all leaves the boxes that were in them boxes and salvages the rest. Opening those boxes and salvaging all....

Its even worse in competitive modes where there's an extra box on top of all the other boxes, due to Magic Find affecting the rewards. It takes me longer to un-un-unpack my loot from an hour of WvW than it does from a run of all HoT meta maps.

And there's not even that much of it, its just boxed up like you ordered it from Amazon.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> "We need more drops!"

> Okay, here's more drops. And it's stacked up so it doesn't all clutter your inventory! Just click here...

> "Stop with the boxes already!"

> smh

>

> Actual, relevant commentary: Have you tried "Salvage All"? It's very good at getting rid of various vendor trash.

This problem has already existed before hot, therefore ... strange reaction to this thread.

And you are aware that loot bags cannot be salvaged?

Pretty sure that no one looks this Discussion for potential QoL suggestions, but last try.

Make it so if player left-clicks in empty space while having a target in focus, that left-click will not remove the focused target, unless ofcourse that left-click points on another target.

Left-Click is used in this game to change camera angle. But also that camera angle change makes you lose target when you unclick the button.

Also, please add hotkey for show\hide helm.

pretty self explanatory. Please, add all available camera controls to hoteys, like vertical/horizontal position, field of view, etc. sometimes I want to change it for various reasons and it's annoying to have to enter the options menu, scroll down and find it, when it could easily be done with a simple hotkey.

pleaseeeeee!

> @"jezebel.7054" said:

> > @Geikamir.6329 said:

> > More armor choices that don't have capes, robes, or butt skirts would greatly improve my play experience.

>

> I would like to add to this. I enjoy dressing my characters to show off their streamline silhouette...

Yes, this. I don't know about adding a button to hide skirts - I'm pretty sure you would need to create new armor skins to make that work anyway - but I do 100% agree that there are a giant number of armors that include skirts, dresses, gowns, or features along those lines.

I know from being widely experienced that these types of armor are pretty cool and have a big following, but it would be very, really nice to get some new armors that are along other stylistic lines. I have a single set of heavy armor legs I will wear (Primeval) and pretty much a single set of light armor legs I'll wear (Pajama Pants(?)).

I'm a male who always makes female characters. I do that because male characters are usually far to bulky for me to deal with and female character models are much closer to myself as a person, and light narcissism, you know. ANYWAY, it would be really really great to have more styles to choose from. Tomboy, punk, all-business, diesel for the [Zarya](https://images.app.goo.gl/7uH4XuLHMv7hiNhH6) fans out there - hi five... just-too-bad style for fans of the legendary [Pvt. Vasquez](

) - whose "Lets rock" line from the movie Aliens is the greatest ever delivered in the history of the Colonial Marines...

Well I see that I'm wandering, but really it would be so great to have some armor variety to play with.

EDIT: I love the way the forum censor changes certain naughty descriptors to "kitten". This is just-too-cute lol, and I'm a fan

> @"Carnius Magius.8091" said:

> When equipping an item, please put the unequipped item into the same bag slot as the equipped item came from instead treating the unequipped item as a drop.

...but it already works like that?

E: this thread has now been changed to say something different than when I was answering to it, but the quote in my post is accurate, so... yeah, it already worked like that. :D