• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Stinger.4120" said:

> > @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> > kitten. NO.

> >

> > Scarlet is a bad fanfic character that accidentally became canon. For all that is holy, keep her dead. In fact, let's all just pretend she never happened.

>

> But she is mad genius - we're need she.

Not "Mad Genius", but rather "Bad Plot Driven Mary Sue."

> @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> > @"Stinger.4120" said:

> > > @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> > > kitten. NO.

> > >

> > > Scarlet is a bad fanfic character that accidentally became canon. For all that is holy, keep her dead. In fact, let's all just pretend she never happened.

> >

> > But she is mad genius - we're need she.

>

> Not "Mad Genius", but rather "Bad Plot Driven Mary Sue."

Oh, if so... I like Scarlet's machines, some magic and change of the world. And now we're have some fun from Aurene. Its cool but not enough to fit some crazy world.

No need any dragon in this case. Pls, back us to mad scintists. Pls.

She is dead, brining her back would be bad writing/retconing. So for future story leave her dead and move on (which they have done so far, thank goodness).

I would however love Season 1 being made playable again somehow... although it could never be made the same as it once was, being mostly open world... and with many of the parts that was instanced back then, now being part of fractals, I wouldn't count on S1 ever making a return... unfortunately.

> @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> > @"Stinger.4120" said:

> > > @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> > > kitten. NO.

> > >

> > > Scarlet is a bad fanfic character that accidentally became canon. For all that is holy, keep her dead. In fact, let's all just pretend she never happened.

> >

> > But she is mad genius - we're need she.

>

> Not "Mad Genius", but rather "Bad Plot Driven Mary Sue."

Honestly, she's among the worst cases of Mary Sueism I've ever heard of. Glad she's dead.

> @"Stinger.4120" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > We did see her die, though. We killed her, and then her dead body is shown in the following cut scene.

>

> No ^^. You think as.

She's deader than a door nail, not only was she shown in the cut scene, but her dead body was shown in other places afterwards as well...and, the topper, those that talk to the Magister to get the story of Season are TOLD she is dead, that she died but still completed her mission...so someone checked her body afterwards(most likely the Order or Whispers).

She destroyed LA, was an enemy of all the main races of Tyria, the pact commander and awakened a dragon, she will never have a tombstone, plaque or whatever: she didnt win and nobody wants to remember her (except Taimi that its already in other subjects, so gg).

That been said, LS1 should be replayable.

> @"Stinger.4120" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > Please no, she's a blight on the story.

>

> She is as crazy tech. doc. - its cool.

She's a cringey villain sue, we have Taimi, Blish and Gorrik for actually good characters who fit that. The inquest is also a thing if you want villain scientists. Scarlet was a mistake.

I mean, I wasn't around for any of S1 and I would love it they'd put that in the game sometime. But I hate it when writers in TV shows and the like go ''Hey, surprise! This major character's not dead after all.'' It feels cheap. The same applies here. I'd rather they move on to new pastures to explore.

While I would ADORE it if they returned LS1 somehow (I joined when HoT was already out - I never got the chance to play it and watching videos about are just not the same as experiencing it yourself.) Scarlet's story is done and over with. She is beyond dead and we explored her motives and stuff during LS2.

We already had some light shined on both sylvari and humans, I want to see more things with Asura, Norn, or Charr next!

[CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!] also **spoilers** if you haven't played LW4E3 yet..........

At the end of the story, Blish says something to the affect of..."Taimi told me that it's not good to make portals in the space-time continuum" or something like that....I think we haven't seen the end of fair Scarlet Briar.[/CONSPIRACY THEORY]