Most Rewarding and Dissapointing Legendary Weapon you own?

Omnicron.2467

Hi there!

This thread is about how one can craft or buy a legendary weapon with the idea of what it will look and feel like, but then either feel get a lot of joy from the skin, or find it underwhelming.

This is NOT about being unhapppy with weapons you avoided because you disliked the skins. Some people hate HMS Divinity and never crafted it, some people love it and enjoy using it. I ONLY want to discuss those who crafted the weapon due to liking the skin or the concept and came away either feeling satisfied or unhappy after using it for a while.

Part of the motivation for this thread is the weapons for me like Bifrost I am unsure of by just looking at videos and other players, but thought I would broaden the discussion to something more interesting. You might feel like the weapon trail, animations, or footfalls are not enough to warrent the price of the legendary or whatever your reasons for not enjoying it

So the format I think would work best for feedback is

1. What weapons you own

2. What weapons are you enjoying, and which is your favorite and why

3. What weapons are you unhappy with and why

So for me

1. I own Frostfang, Astralaria, and Twilight

2. I enjoy using all three, each fits the characters I bought them for, they have nice trails and footfalls. My most rewarding is probably Twilight due to the amazing window into the galaxy, the beatiful weapon trail, and the footfalls which last really long.

3. I do not have any weapons I am unhappy with yet, something I am trying to avoid :)

I own 9 legendaries. The only disappointment I have is with Bolt. I find swords to be lacklustre in terms of skills, animations and overall feel in GW2 and those charcters who do use sword in my alt collections, don't match the look of Bolt anyway. Basically it doesn't fit for me and I regret making that one.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I own 9 legendaries. The only disappointment I have is with Bolt. I find swords to be lacklustre in terms of skills, animations and overall feel in GW2 and those charcters who do use sword in my alt collections, don't match the look of Bolt anyway. Basically it doesn't fit for me and I regret making that one.

especially warrior sword skills XD

> What weapons you own

Howler, Astralaria, Juggernaut (currently working on Chuka & Champawat)

> What weapons are you enjoying, and which is your favorite and why

Astralaria is still pretty to me, especially when I whip out the double-axe swirl on my warrior. The automated clacking pries at my nerves a little, though.

Juggernaut's a'ight, but it tends to make my armor coloring washed out in favor of its mercurial sheen.

> What weapons are you unhappy with and why

Howler needs another re-work. The horn DOOT overwhelms the modest awoo. Volume up the awoo and remove the Doot. Get the wolf head to follow the player instead of getting left behind while in motion.

Craft The Bifrost! You won't be disappointed! ;)

> 1. What weapons you own

Bolt, Astralaria, Bifrost and Binding of Ipos

> 2. What weapons are you enjoying, and which is your favorite and why

All of them really. But my favs are:

Bifrost because it looks so damn pretty! Even if I am currently not using it in combat I will always bring this for any RP or non-combat events. I mean, I find it pretty much perfect! https://keeyasnowtail.tumblr.com/post/177830520286/oh-look-was-keeya-has-it-all-started-in-the-worst

The Binding of Ipos. This should probably be on rank #1 together with Bifrost. The color scheme is perfect, I like the footfalls and that it floats with you mounted or sitting or with any emote. It looks ever so slightly evil with that claw and purple haze coming from it, but who would resist the temptation to open it!?

Bolt is the oldest one I crafted. I got the precursor at the oooold karka event in southsun cove back in the days. It's not overdone (which I like) but still has a distinct look to it. It's, well, solid I guess. (It's kinda completely pushed into the background if combined with Ipos though https://66.media.tumblr.com/d2bab6728e47c85b7b28a24e50d675a5/tumblr_picie3Gtql1x9bs28o2_1280.jpg)

> 3. What weapons are you unhappy with and why

I don't like the blueish arm effect on Astralaria very much. Other than that the weapon is pretty amazing, just a bit too flashy at times. Three mirage axe clones are really pushing it. I don't dislike the weapon at all, just don't like that one aspect, the glowing arm.

I have two, The Dreamer and Bifrost and I'm very happy with both.

Part of the reason I only have 2 in spite of playing since day 1 is that I spent a lot of time thinking about which weapon I wanted to make before starting so I could be absolutely sure I wouldn't regret it, even when it seemed obvious. I loved the idea of the Dreamer as soon as I saw it, and I knew I'd want a legendary bow for my ranger but I put off making it until I was reasonably sure I'd always use shortbow more than longbow and I was confident I wouldn't get annoyed with the effects or get bored with them and the colours wouldn't clash with what my ranger normally wears. (Which fortunately is purple, blue and black, so it works.)

The Bifrost was simpler because IMO it's a beautiful weapon and quite a few of my characters can use a staff, the biggest delay there is I wanted to make The Dreamer first and then it took a while before I wanted to make another legendary. The footfalls aren't as noticable as some other legendaries, but it's also got a rainbow trail even when stowed which I think makes up for it.

At some point I also want to make Nevermore for my raven themed norn necromancer, and I really want a character to use Astralaria because I like it.

> @"Omnicron.2467" said:

> Hi there!

>

>

I own 9 Legendary Weapons (I crafted 12) as follow: Nevermore / Chuka & Chamapwat / The Shining Blade / Sunrise / Twilight / Eternity / Bolt / Incinerator / Frostfang.

I crafted Bifrost and I sold it (I already had Nevermore at that time - but I will have it again). And I crafted Sunrise/Twilight twice - the second time for Eternity.

I enjoy all of them. Each and every of the weapons are the favorite if the build I use demands it.

I'm NOT unhappy - maybe because I use the weapons as weapons and not as a source of light / footprints. I'm happy I can swap sigils now without destroying the previous one. I'm happy I can swap statuses, in this way eliminating the need to carry several of the same weapon having different statuses/sigils. I'm happy I can transfer the weapons between characters in this way having all the statuses / any sigil for any of my characters.

Note: After so much work to craft a Legendary Weapon you cannot be unhappy when you complete it. You can be disappointed on one detail or another but I'm sure you cannot be unhappy.

Currently have 7 - Frostfang, Howler, Kamohoali'Kotaki, The Juggernaut, Nevermore, Rodgort, and Kudzu in order of crafting. The least used would have to be The Juggernaur, since hammer is pretty meh on most professions. The most disappointing I'd say is Rodgort, since it's pretty lackluster in terms of effects, but I do enjoy dual wielding it and Frostfang. My absolute favorite goes to Nevermore, in terms of the skin, effects, and lore, it can't be beat!

I own 25 and the worst, most disappointing weapon, is Sharur. I like the concept of changing, but there's nothing "special" about it. The nighttime version is really nice, but the daytime is bland. It just doesn't scream Legendary. And with the effort involved I want it to scream Legendary!

My favorite are: all the rest! I tend to gear/theme my toons based on the LW they use. Already have enough to make the next one when it comes out.

So far, I only own Howler. I felt a bit let down after making it.

I agree with @"Rauderi.8706" above that it needs tweaks - the footfalls are barely noticeable, the draw effect of mist really only visible in some lighting, and the howl is drowned out by the regular tone.

I really don't think it needs a *rework* per se, just toning up its effects a little bit - primarily its footfalls and sound.

Just finished The Shining Blade a few weeks ago...hands down my favorite. I also have Bolt, which is okay, but I prefer the TSB. My least favorite... or, if you prefer, my biggest disappointment, is Minstrel. Not even sure why I made it. I use it on a character, but have a skin over it. Classic case of a bad decision.

I only have HOPE. And I love having it, so much that I am sticking with my DD p/p/staff build rather than not have HOPE and Bo in combat. Not only is it a decent looking pistol, its research steps are pretty good for less blinged-out alts. My holosmith is rocking a research pistol.

My only disappointment is in how short lived the footsteps are. I really like a long trail of prints, especially when following someone else who has a legendary and is leading me through a complex path.

I've made the pre for C&C but don't care for absurdly massive bows and can't face the mats grind for something I won't like using (I just wanted tiger cubs). I've started on the Ipos focus but again, mats grind, plus I used up my only Gift of Battle on HOPE. I got that one in the old days when you got badges from AP chests, and just don't have fun in WvW.

I would *love* to have the Bifrost, I adore everything about it, and would be happy to have the Shining Blade as well. Once the full set of Gen 2 legendaries is out I will decide if I want any one legendary enough to put in the effort including dealing with getting Gift of Battle.

1. I have the legendary weapons Kamohoali'i Kotaki and Frenzy.

I also have the Precursor's Save the Queen, Leaf of Kudzu and Venom.

2. I'm fully invested into what the community loves to call fashion wars, so my characters armor and weapons tend to be somwhat matched by colour or a theme/style.

I made Kamohoali'i Kotaki because I liked the skin and It fits well with Necromancers which are one of my favorite classes.

I made Frenzy purely because it matched the colour style of my main Ranger, I use the skin exclusively on that character.

For the most part I don't much like many of the Legendary weapon skins which is why Shining Blade is the only one I really want atm, I may complete Kraitkin at some point but Leaf was obtained via a random drop and I have no interest in Kudzu, so if I do make Kudzu It'll be to sell it.

3. Most of the legendary's in general, I consider many to be rather ugly in all honesty or just ridiculous looking with very ugly effects, The Greatswords in particular are 2 I find to be extremely unpleasent and ugly to look at, they honestly look like graphical bugs to me XD

Bifrost is also a little excessive with it's effects but otherwise is quite pretty tbh.

I strongly dislike Quip (Ugly)

The Moot (Ridiculous and ugly)

HOPE (I hate steampunk and find it very ugly to look at)

The HMS Divinity (Really silly looking weapon and doesn't feel at all legendary)

Flames of War (Another silly looking weapon)

And The Dreamer (Relentlessly annoying and ugly.. I have no idea why this thing even exists, worst weapon in the whole game by a longshot)

Well, I've got: Sharur Bolt and Moot. Sharur is the only one I'm pretty happy with but not 100%. Made it only because it's Orrian. The sound is great, the projectile is cool and I love both looks - night and day. However I feel like Sharur and Claw of Khan Ur could use some love in terms of swinging effects as they are now more kind of relics than actual weapon you see in combat. It's for standing still and looking at it!

Moot is a joke legendary so whatever, I liked it until Eureka dropped to the game.

Bolt just deosn't fit anything but has a great aura and nice footsteps. I don't like the Shining Blade's ones.

+ I've got a problem making a T2 Legendary of the same type as T1. I'd love to have Eureka and Juggernaut. I love Howler+Frostfang combo but the Astralaria and Jotun themes are just goergous. Leggies on my list would be those mentioned above + Rodgort!

> @"Omnicron.2467" said:

Howler, Juggernaut, Frostfang, Bifrost, Bolt, Aurora, Eureka, The Shining Blade, HOPE

(I included Aurora just because the crafting experience is very similar to that of a legendary weapon.)

> @"Omnicron.2467" said:

That's a tough question, but some thoughts on that:

* Juggernaut has my favorite extra effects such as the silver armor and how revenant hammer projectiles are modified

* Eureka has my favorite look on the weapon itself how the flames rear up on drawing it, and how the mace head pops and disappears when you stow it

* HOPE has my favorite sound effects

> @"Omnicron.2467" said:

Not really unhappy, but I'd definitely say Howler needs a visual buff. I think the fog aura and footfalls in particular are nearly invisible. They should be subtle, but not as subtle as they currently are.

Shining Blade, Bolt, Rodgort, Incinerator, The Dreamer, The Flameseeker Prophecies, The Minstrel...forgetting one i know, just cant remember.

The most rewarding so far has been Bolt, due to fitting my RP characters theme, story and background perfectly and i use it all the time.

The most disappointing so far has been The Flameseeker Prophecies, due to none of my characters actively using shields.

Still have Astralaria, and Kudzu on my list to get done though, so things may change!

**Weapons I crafted and 100% love:**

* Nevermore

* The Flameseeker Prophecies

* Frenzy

**Weapons I crafted and am partially disappointed with:**

* Howler (_footfalls are barely visible, the snake makes no sense on a wolf_)

* Sunrise (_not a fan of the paintbrush effect_)

**Weapons I crafted and reskinned afterwards:**

* Bolt (_the exaggerated lightning bolts and sound effect were driving me crazy_)

* Kudzu (_wanted a legendary longbow, the skin itself is cheesy_)

* Eternity (_also a paintbrush, plus absolutely unfitting/overdone footfall effects_)

**Weapons I crafted and sold:**

* Rodgort (_silly looking and strangely moving minotaur head didn't convince me after all_)

* The Predator (_too long, also minotaur themed, too much fire around my char_)

Sunrise, Shining Blade, Flameseeker Prophesies, Aurora.

I'm in a love hate relationship with all because other than using shield often, the swords don't get much action on Firebrand which is what I main. I want to use sword and shield but axe is just too good CC. Maybe next expansion Sunrise will be good on guardian.

Thief would be using Shining Blade, but I've been using Daredevil since Deadeye has sucked in the last LW chapter with all the mobs swamping you.