Suggestion: Make either Exquisite Serpentine Jewels or Diviner Insignia trade-able

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > What happens when this becomes another Serpent's Ire situation where the meta no longer completes/succeeds because all of those who were able to get their jewels early on no longer populate the map? The rest of us more casual players end up being gated out?

>

> If the jewels were tradeable maybe people would problably still do them for profit... Considering they are not exactly a common drop, they would problably be selling for about the same value as a Intact Mosaic which is also another thing with a super low drop rate.

Agreed.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> So who would wear exotics in raids, high-level fractals, or in WvW?

Of the three, ascended is only required for T4 fractals.

In WvW, I'd say only organized guild or intense roaming players should worry about ascended. (It helps, but not enough to warrant the expense for many players.) For raids, better players can do fine with exotic, especially when it's cost competitive with ascended and folks are trying stuff out.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> If you do both metas and find most of the hidden chests a day, you get enough to be able to make two of the exotic versions. Completing those collections and doing the metas again and finding most of the chests is enough to make the ascended skins. So two days to make two Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is finely paced.

Let's see. I did both metas for 15 days straight, fight 30 minutes each day, till my light goes off and never even get ONE jewel. And I need 15(!) to craft a greatsword. So that is each day playing 2 hours on the map and got nothing so far. You want to tell me that tomorrow I'll get 480 jewels in one day to craft all weapons and be done with it? I highly doubt that it will work that way.

I have no idea why this is a valid complaint. You can BUY the item you need to get access to the jewels, and you get at least 10 rares doing the collecting as well. The jewels aren't even the problem, it's the volume of branded masses needed; it's way more busy work to collect the amount you need to make anything than it is the jewels.

People will continue to do the meta events knowing they can sell the plates.

> @"BadHealer.3608" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > If you do both metas and find most of the hidden chests a day, you get enough to be able to make two of the exotic versions. Completing those collections and doing the metas again and finding most of the chests is enough to make the ascended skins. So two days to make two Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is finely paced.

>

> Let's see. I did both metas for 15 days straight, **fight 30 minutes each day, till my light goes of**f and never even get ONE jewel. And I need 15(!) to craft a greatsword. So that is each day playing 2 hours on the map and got nothing so far. You want to tell me that tomorrow I'll get 480 jewels in one day to craft all weapons and be done with it? I highly doubt that it will work that way.

>

I think you're doing something wrong here.

> @"BadHealer.3608" said:

> > If you do both metas and find most of the hidden chests a day, you get enough to be able to make two of the exotic versions. Completing those collections and doing the metas again and finding most of the chests is enough to make the ascended skins. So two days to make two Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is finely paced.

>

> Let's see. I did both metas for 15 days straight, fight 30 minutes each day, till my light goes off and never even get ONE jewel. And I need 15(!) to craft a greatsword. So that is each day playing 2 hours on the map and got nothing so far. You want to tell me that tomorrow I'll get 480 jewels in one day to craft all weapons and be done with it? I highly doubt that it will work that way.

>

Unless i am mistaken, a greatsword requires 3 jewels. Much like every weapon. Plus another 3 if you wanna do the ascended version, too. In 15 days you should have AT LEAST 45 jewels. Are you sure you get the grand hidden chest in the Green room before the Light of Deldrimor runs out?

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> If you do both metas and find most of the hidden chests a day, you get enough to be able to make two of the exotic versions. Completing those collections and doing the metas again and finding most of the chests is enough to make the ascended skins. So two days to make two Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is finely paced.

In the last 3 days I completed both metas. I received NO Serpentite Jewel. Not even a single one - from 6 metas. I gathered 9 from the final chest in the Dwarf Tomb. What you say may be valid if the Meta **guarantees** you at least ONE Jewel. But at this moment the drop is not **guaranteed** **but possible**.

In conclusion: You do the meta, with all the phases, and in the end you receive a lot of stuff, **except** the single object making you to be there: The Jewel. This is one of the worst design for GW2. Not encountered until recently. I know it from other MMO's. But I left the other MMO's because of the design - and this aspect (do what we say and you **may** be rewarded - if you are lucky. And do not stop doing this - you need almost 200 **successfully** rewarded events to be able to craft some exotics) was a major detail for leaving.

Now, after 4 years I find it again. This time in GW2. What a devolution in the design of a game known for its "honest" event reward system!

The same frustrating model we can find in the design of all the gathering nodes in LS 3 and 4. You start gathering and in the end you find that you gathered ZERO from the desired material. But, this is not enough - you only have a limited number of trials per character. =). If the developers considers **this** model to be the good one, then I ask them to extend it to all the other nodes in Tyria. Metals / wood / herbs.

I support the OP suggestion - if you can buy the Jewels from TP at least you can skip the "fun" of doing events without rewards.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

>

> In the last 3 days I completed both metas. I received NO Serpentite Jewel. Not even a single one - from 6 metas. I gathered 9 from the final chest in the Dwarf Tomb. What you say may be valid if the Meta **guarantees** you at least ONE Jewel. But at this moment the drop is not **guaranteed** **but possible**.

>

> In conclusion: You do the meta, with all the phases, and in the end you receive a lot of stuff, **except** the single object making you to be there: The Jewel. This is one of the worst design for GW2. Not encountered until recently. I know it from other MMO's. But I left the other MMO's because of the design - and this aspect (do what we say and you **may** be rewarded - if you are lucky. And do not stop doing this - you need almost 200 **successfully** rewarded events to be able to craft some exotics) was a major detail for leaving.

>

> Now, after 4 years I find it again. This time in GW2. What a devolution in the design of a game known for its "honest" event reward system!

>

> The same frustrating model we can find in the design of all the gathering nodes in LS 3 and 4. You start gathering and in the end you find that you gathered ZERO from the desired material. But, this is not enough - you only have a limited number of trials per character. =). If the developers considers **this** model to be the good one, then I ask them to extend it to all the other nodes in Tyria. Metals / wood / herbs.

>

> I support the OP suggestion - if you can buy the Jewels from TP at least you can skip the "fun" of doing events without rewards.

You can buy the deldrimor plate from tp, no need to do the metas. Go to dwarven room, get the 3 guaranteed jewels, voila. (and that is an indirect way of "buying" 3 jewels per day). You can also get jewels from the hidden dwarven chests in the rooms you get the various players at. So, it is AT LEAST one weapon/day, within 5 mins of playing. Why is this such an issue all of a sudden? Gathering the branded masses is much harder. I have way more serpentine jewels than branded masses.

I started collecting jewels 19 days ago, doing the metas and opening the chests everyday. I'm at 80 jewels iirc (or 79), so 4 per day. I always found 3 jewels in the final hidden chest, 0 from the metas and sometimes (rarely) 1 from other hidden chests. I didn't even know that the meta could give you a jewel.

For now, I find it acceptable, it's a new map and we are forced to play 1 month to complete the (optional) collection. I can change map exactly at xx:45 and I still find enough players for the meta, so good.

Maybe in the future, when the players will decrease, the drop rate from the chests could be sligthly increased, or the drop from the meta could be 100% (to help new players). But so far, 1 month of grind is not so bad. But in general, I agree with you: I hate all the RNG and "chances to" in every game. I'm just ignoring that I have a chance to find extra jewels and be good with 3 per day.

EDIT: today I got 1 jewel also from the meta :)

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> In the last 3 days I completed both metas. I received NO Serpentite Jewel. Not even a single one - from 6 metas. I gathered 9 from the final chest in the Dwarf Tomb. What you say may be valid if the Meta **guarantees** you at least ONE Jewel. But at this moment the drop is not **guaranteed** **but possible**.

I'm actually finding a difference in the drop rate of the jewels from meta's over the last few days. I've been doing them both daily since the episode launched and was consistently getting 1-2 per each successful meta. Then literally a few days ago they all but stopped dropping. I received just one jewel this week from doing both meta's every single day (so over 4-5 days). I don't know if the drop rate has become bugged but there's a definite change to how many I'm getting now (not including the ones from hidden chests in the Catacombs). Prior to this week the drops were daily and consistent.

I was just super lucky to get an extra from BOTH meta events and one from a random hidden chest, which I think should have been what it ended up being rather than this RNG no drops all day nonsense. You do automatically get 3 from the large hidden chest in the green room so the progress isn't so bad. That's two days MAX to get both exotic and ascended versions of a weapon.

This is how they retain some players for this specific map after initial release. To keep players occupied somewhat until the next release.

Initially was going to skip these weapons but since there were two other achievements that required doing the treasure room I ended up with a bunch of the jewels so I started crafting the weapons. It turns out that the time gating jewels are kinda irrelevant at least if you are crafting both the exotics and ascended. 210 branded masses is a much bigger bottleneck than 6 jewels.

At this point even if you haven abysmal luck with the drops you will have enough jewels to finish both sets in 7 days.

I missed 2 or 3 days of the treasure room and I am only 5 jewels short(still haven't done today's run of the treasure room yet so more like 2 short assuming none of the hidden chest drops a jewel).

If they did want to make it tradeable I think it would be better if they waited another week or 2. That should be pass the point of the extremely high demand since all the people who really want to get them and willing to make them should be done by that point. That would avoid the situation with some crazier prices.

• 3 months later...

Referring to the current collection to "Vision " it would be happy welcome to find an appropriate solution here.

I didn't think Thunderhead Peaks was good from the beginning, and I'm not going to spend every day at least 2 hours getting Serpenite, not even for Vision.

I have a whole 2 Sernite jewels.

Seriously, why anyone from the Devs rgought this is a good idea?

The thing is once you're done with the weapons the jewels just keep stockpiling.

And they don't even store in material storage.

I keep doing the treasure sequence for the rares but nothing to do with the jewels. I would love to sell my extras! Oh and can confirm it is only 3 per weapon.

You can buy the two pieces off the TP for less than the gold amount you get from doing your dailies. It takes around 15 minutes to go through the vaults and the area above while getting the hidden chests.

Assuming you done get the hidden chests, or have terrible RNG, it’ll take at most six days.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> I juts wonder why none in team of devs have though that there might be people that don't feel good crawling trough narrow corridors and maze?

>

> Boy I was happy in new fractal that isn't squished into a box.

(looks at the list of choosy armor and weapons that have that stat)............ I'm pretty sure they thought "they'll just do it the bunch of other ways, since those are easier anyway".

> @"Damash.2754" said:

> Referring to the current collection to "Vision " it would be happy welcome to find an appropriate solution here.

> I didn't think Thunderhead Peaks was good from the beginning, and I'm not going to spend every day at least 2 hours getting Serpenite, not even for Vision.

> I have a whole 2 Sernite jewels.

> Seriously, why anyone from the Devs rgought this is a good idea?

Here's a solution for you:

It takes under 5 minutes to get 3 per day, often as many as 5.

* Buy the top & bottom individually or buy a completed 'key'

* Do the dwarven maze. Takes 5 minutes on your own (after first or second time). Or you can just get a port to the treasure vault and skip the puzzles.

Total _Maximum_ time gate: 6 days. Total additional cost (for the plates): 18 gold max. Total elapsed time required: under an hour, including crafting the six weapons.

I would just prefer consistency. These days I rarely craft gear, as it's mostly stat selectable stuff from WvW / Fractals, or from ascended chests, but I sometimes need to be able to make the insignia to stat swap in the magic toilet. Being required to do the meta / maze to get the currency I need, currency which doesn't go into material storage I might add, is far different than getting Ebony Orbs or Black Diamonds as random rewards, or having to farm Freshwater Pearls or (gasp) buy them off the TP.

I know you can buy the plates to do the maze, but I question whether there will be continued interest in doing the Thunderkeep metas, especially since Dragonfall metas appear to be far more lucrative. Maybe not a problem for today, but what about in 6 months when someone might want to craft ascended Diviner armor/weapons., but no / few plates are available for sale? No way to tell the future of course, but I don't see why they felt the need to deviate from previous crafting philosophies.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> I know you can buy the plates to do the maze, but I question whether there will be continued interest in doing the Thunderkeep metas, especially since Dragonfall metas appear to be far more lucrative. Maybe not a problem for today, but what about in 6 months when someone might want to craft ascended Diviner armor/weapons., but no / few plates are available for sale? No way to tell the future of course, but I don't see why they felt the need to deviate from previous crafting philosophies.

I suggest we cross that bridge whenever we get to it. So far the map and meta are lively enough and there is no indication that the stock on the tp will run out anytime soon (or even at all). Taking precaution for things that might or might not happen is something some people like to do, but from a game design point of view it's not a good idea to change a working system simply on the off-chance that one day it might (or might not) break.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> I question whether there will be continued interest in doing the Thunderkeep metas, especially since Dragonfall metas appear to be far more lucrative. Maybe not a problem for today, but what about in 6 months when someone might want to craft ascended Diviner armor/weapons., but no / few plates are available for sale? No way to tell the future of course, but I don't see why they felt the need to deviate from previous crafting philosophies.

There has yet to be a solid example in the game's history of an item necessary for an achievement becoming so rare because people stopped doing the event. (The closest are situations in which the sources were removed entirely... and even then, we sometimes have plenty of supply.) People said we'd run out of mystic coins, for example, because the sources are fixed and thereby limited. And yet the market for m-coins is pretty stable these days.

If lod-plates start getting scarce, the market supply will drop. Some people with hoarded items will sell. And if the price rises enough, the TK metas will become attractive enough, just as they were during the first week when each half-plate was selling for 8-12 gold.

That said: I don't like the system in place. It's problematic that they jewels can't be stored in material storage, even though they only have a single use. So maybe they should be tradeable or maybe ANet should make it possible to exchange them for other "activators" for different stats.

I also think there's no good reason to require participating in two metas, spaced an hour apart. There's already plenty of competition for events every 15 minutes.

Regardless of any of that, in the current market, for the current achievement, the requirement is not all that difficult.