Say one thing you love about GW2.

Kam.4092

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one might be a bit controversial but I'm also going to add horizontal progression. I love that when a new update comes out, even a big one like an expansion my first thought is what I _want_ to do, not what I need to do for the game to permit me to play the stuff I'm interested in.

I might choose to update my equipment if there's a new stat combination available which interests me, but I love that it's my choice to do that as and when I'm ready and I'm not forced to get new gear or level up some more before I can get to the fun part. (Of course a good game would try to make sure levelling up again is also fun, but it's still much nicer for me to be able to do things in whatever order I choose instead of following a path chosen by the developers.)

Freedom of movement and play. It helps me find an outlet for my wanderlust that I don't have a lot of opportunity and funds to pursue. I also enjoy the story and characters. I wish we could explore them more in depth. I think it would be interesting if one day they could back each NPC character with a more sophisticated AI to allow better interaction when the technology gets to that point.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> This one might be a bit controversial but I'm also going to add horizontal progression. I love that when a new update comes out, even a big one like an expansion my first thought is what I _want_ to do, not what I need to do for the game to permit me to play the stuff I'm interested in.

>

> I might choose to update my equipment if there's a new stat combination available which interests me, but I love that it's my choice to do that as and when I'm ready and I'm not forced to get new gear or level up some more before I can get to the fun part. (Of course a good game would try to make sure levelling up again is also fun, but it's still much nicer for me to be able to do things in whatever order I choose instead of following a path chosen by the developers.)

My sentiments exactly. As soon as Sun's refuge was unlocked, I moved straight into Chapter 5. After finishing the story in Chapter 5, I haven't returned to the Thunderhead Peak once, as I really don't care for the dragonsblood weapons. I'd rather spend my time in WvW, Fractals and map completion, and I'm not penalized one bit for choosing to do so.

Let me add another: accessibility.

Examples:

- end game gear is crafted, not acquired via RNG

- Trading Post and Mail can be accessed from wherever the player is at the moment, no need to return to a town.

- Skins, achievements, titles, etc are account wide, and ascended gear is also tradeable between characters on the same account.

Some people might criticize this as the game being too casual; well, I already have a full time job, my hobby doesn't need to be a 2nd one. GW2 has kina ruined me for other MMOs though, so when I do decide to leave Tyria, if it's not for GW3, I doubt I will land in another MMO.

The Dreamer.

I'd love to have been in the room when someone proposed _that_ as a weapon. It's the most utterly absurd thing I've seen in any game in a long time and I absolutely love it. I finished mine back in 2015 and even now, almost 4 years later it still makes me smile when I see those unicorns flying towards my target.