April 9 WvW changes

steki.1478

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:

> > The devs who made this choice must love the ktrains.

> Just as much as the fight guilds loved sieging T3, no doubt.

Why would they need to? Since they love the fights _just so much_ would they not just meet in the open fields for glorious battle? /s

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:

> > > The devs who made this choice must love the ktrains.

> > Just as much as the fight guilds loved sieging T3, no doubt.

>

> Why would they need to? Since they love the fights _just so much_ would they not just meet in the open fields for glorious battle? /s

Can't fight when you hide in that T3 keep. "Fight" guilds siege out of necessity to get a response.

>

> Why would they need to? Since they love the fights _just so much_ would they not just meet in the open fields for glorious battle? /s

When people won't come out to play, you gotta hit something.

> @"Ni In.6578" said:

> > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:

> > > > The devs who made this choice must love the ktrains.

> > > Just as much as the fight guilds loved sieging T3, no doubt.

> >

> > Why would they need to? Since they love the fights _just so much_ would they not just meet in the open fields for glorious battle? /s

>

> Can't fight when you hide in that T3 keep. "Fight" guilds siege out of necessity to get a response.

Yeah, so those are PPT guilds. So why would you want to fight them?

Oh, yeah, mass ganking smaller servers/guilds for easy bags and to feel like you won with your transfers.

OK, do I understand this update correctly? Is it...

1. All siege engines do the same damage to gates and walls, normalized to the biggest amount of damage (because it is based on a T1 structure), while T1 to T3 structures still have different hit points. It still means that walls will go down faster than before

2. or this: All siege engines do the same damage to gates and walls, normalized to the biggest amount of damage (because it is based on a T1 structure), while T1 to T3 structures have the same hit points (like t1 structures), making every upgrade just a new skin.

The description in the update notes isn't clear to me.

> @"Gorani.7205" said:

> OK, do I understand this update correctly? Is it...

> 1. All siege engines do the same damage to gates and walls, normalized to the biggest amount of damage (because it is based on a T1 structure), while T1 to T3 structures still have different hit points. It still means that walls will go down faster than before

> 2. or this: All siege engines do the same damage to gates and walls, normalized to the biggest amount of damage (because it is based on a T1 structure), while T1 to T3 structures have the same hit points (like t1 structures), making every upgrade just a new skin.

>

> The description in the update notes isn't clear to me.

I'm pretty sure it's the 1st of the two.

> @"Gorani.7205" said:

> 1. All siege engines do the same damage to gates and walls, normalized to the biggest amount of damage (because it is based on a T1 structure), while T1 to T3 structures still have different hit points. It still means that walls will go down faster than before

> 2. or this: All siege engines do the same damage to gates and walls, normalized to the biggest amount of damage (because it is based on a T1 structure), while T1 to T3 structures have the same hit points (like t1 structures), making every upgrade just a new skin.

>

> The description in the update notes isn't clear to me.

The first I presume, so it should be working like the warclaw pull.

> @"Gorani.7205" said:

>

> The description in the update notes isn't clear t

I don't think siege damage changes. Based on the recent stream I interpret that all walls and gates regardless of tier take the same amount of damage from various siege (whose damage varies). Different tiers of objectives just give more hps to the walls and gates and of course the respective upgrades available. This is in contrast to where tiering up brought more hps AND damage reduction.

> The march toward all of WvW being an EotM Ktrain continues...

Whaaaaaa, they are turning Alpine into islands? :o

Because that had _absolutely everything_ to do with why EotM became k-trained and the ease of taking the structures there had _exactly nothing_ to do with it.

As far as the topic goes, and as I already noted in the Mike Z summary thread, the change itself feels rather unecessary and unmotivated. They've only really slipped some buzzword for the change and not really given any explanation to- or motive behind it. Maybe there is a good reason, maybe there is not, with communication at that level it is impossible to know.

Quote: A normal gate has 410,000 health. An upgraded (reinforced) gate has 610,000 health and 59% resistance to flame ram attack, which lowers damage per hit.

So the 59% resistance is gone, which translates to a reinforced gate now takes 1.5x times the damage (100% instead of 41%) it took before, while only having 50% more health than a normal gate.

That almost sounds like PvD is an option again ... dear Dwayna. :anguished:

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > So there's no point in upgrading anything now?

>

> Think the walls and Gates for higher tiers will still have higher hp. Not to mention cannons, mortars, oils, extra guards and waypoints.

Ok, I see. I misinterpreted the change to be the same hp for everything. Not sure the siege, npcs, and waypoint would be worth the hours of work otherwise though.

> @"Gorani.7205" said:

> Quote: A normal gate has 410,000 health. An upgraded (reinforced) gate has 610,000 health and 59% resistance to flame ram attack, which lowers damage per hit.

>

> So the 59% resistance is gone, which translates to a reinforced gate now takes 1.5x times the damage (100% instead of 41%) it took before, while only having 50% more health than a normal gate.

> That almost sounds like PvD is an option again ... dear Dwayna. :anguished:

Ok. It’s still increased HP. So getting what amounts to more than a double buff from an upgrade, now amounts to just a buff.

Ktrains where anet and it’s player were having difficult to farm empty structures so anet decided to increase damage on structures to ktrain faster and with lesser effort...

Now they should make walls larger since it’s easy to kill players o walks... oh wait it’s a ktrain spam game.... defender can’t use walls to defend.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Gorani.7205" said:

> > Quote: A normal gate has 410,000 health. An upgraded (reinforced) gate has 610,000 health and 59% resistance to flame ram attack, which lowers damage per hit.

> >

> > So the 59% resistance is gone, which translates to a reinforced gate now takes 1.5x times the damage (100% instead of 41%) it took before, while only having 50% more health than a normal gate.

> > That almost sounds like PvD is an option again ... dear Dwayna. :anguished:

>

> Ok. It’s still increased HP. So getting what amounts to more than a double buff from an upgrade, now amounts to just a buff.

Correct, effectively lowering time to entry which was the goal. Arguments about relevance of the game mode and population imbalance aside, I believe it has potential to change things up a bit.

>

You speak as if the sky is falling.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Gorani.7205" said:

> > > Quote: A normal gate has 410,000 health. An upgraded (reinforced) gate has 610,000 health and 59% resistance to flame ram attack, which lowers damage per hit.

> > >

> > > So the 59% resistance is gone, which translates to a reinforced gate now takes 1.5x times the damage (100% instead of 41%) it took before, while only having 50% more health than a normal gate.

> > > That almost sounds like PvD is an option again ... dear Dwayna. :anguished:

> >

> > Ok. It’s still increased HP. So getting what amounts to more than a double buff from an upgrade, now amounts to just a buff.

>

> Correct, effectively lowering time to entry which was the goal. Arguments about relevance of the game mode and population imbalance aside, I believe it has potential to change things up a bit.

It’s now just a Buff instead of more than doubling to buff.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Gorani.7205" said:

> > > Quote: A normal gate has 410,000 health. An upgraded (reinforced) gate has 610,000 health and 59% resistance to flame ram attack, which lowers damage per hit.

> > >

> > > So the 59% resistance is gone, which translates to a reinforced gate now takes 1.5x times the damage (100% instead of 41%) it took before, while only having 50% more health than a normal gate.

> > > That almost sounds like PvD is an option again ... dear Dwayna. :anguished:

> >

> > Ok. It’s still increased HP. So getting what amounts to more than a double buff from an upgrade, now amounts to just a buff.

>

> Correct, effectively lowering time to entry which was the goal. Arguments about relevance of the game mode and population imbalance aside, I believe it has potential to change things up a bit.

Indeed stacked 'fight' servers can now cap even faster, even though they say they never do this of course. Pure hypothetical...….

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > The march toward all of WvW being an EotM Ktrain continues...

>

> Ktrains where anet and it’s player were having difficult to farm empty structures so anet decided to increase damage on structures to ktrain faster and with lesser effort...

>

> Now they should make walls larger since it’s easy to kill players o walks... oh wait it’s a ktrain spam game.... defender can’t use walls to defend.

>

>

Your post makes me want to ask this: why do some people bother playing The game when they are so disillusioned?

Why just come into the forum with the singular intent of trashing the game?

I don’t get why people who don’t have fun, continue to play a **game**

> @"aspirine.5839" said:

> > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Gorani.7205" said:

> > > > Quote: A normal gate has 410,000 health. An upgraded (reinforced) gate has 610,000 health and 59% resistance to flame ram attack, which lowers damage per hit.

> > > >

> > > > So the 59% resistance is gone, which translates to a reinforced gate now takes 1.5x times the damage (100% instead of 41%) it took before, while only having 50% more health than a normal gate.

> > > > That almost sounds like PvD is an option again ... dear Dwayna. :anguished:

> > >

> > > Ok. It’s still increased HP. So getting what amounts to more than a double buff from an upgrade, now amounts to just a buff.

> >

> > Correct, effectively lowering time to entry which was the goal. Arguments about relevance of the game mode and population imbalance aside, I believe it has potential to change things up a bit.

>

> Indeed stacked 'fight' servers can now cap even faster, even though they say they never do this of course. Pure hypothetical...….

Hypothetically it also gives smaller groups with less supply a fighting chance to sneak in when population of the opposing team dips. Hypothetically....

> @"aspirine.5839" said:

> > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Gorani.7205" said:

> > > > Quote: A normal gate has 410,000 health. An upgraded (reinforced) gate has 610,000 health and 59% resistance to flame ram attack, which lowers damage per hit.

> > > >

> > > > So the 59% resistance is gone, which translates to a reinforced gate now takes 1.5x times the damage (100% instead of 41%) it took before, while only having 50% more health than a normal gate.

> > > > That almost sounds like PvD is an option again ... dear Dwayna. :anguished:

> > >

> > > Ok. It’s still increased HP. So getting what amounts to more than a double buff from an upgrade, now amounts to just a buff.

> >

> > Correct, effectively lowering time to entry which was the goal. Arguments about relevance of the game mode and population imbalance aside, I believe it has potential to change things up a bit.

>

> Indeed stacked 'fight' servers can now cap even faster, even though they say they never do this of course. Pure hypothetical...….

Of course some of the guilds who Purport to be fight guilds will do this.

But for those that truly want a fight, and the opposing server would rather sit in a keep or tower without coming out, well, that will be more frequent as well.

Or they will pull a sir robin and run away.

The great thing about it is it's returning WvW back to what it was in the first year of the game when there was more activity (players) because of ktrains and servers didn't get free passes to upgrade objectives due to extreme population disparities.