REAL Most Broken Class

Quadox.7834

> @"Rix.8510" said:

> > @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > Those are some impressive numbers for Condi Mirage considering the nerfs last patch brought it to level with most of the other duelist builds.

> >

> > Three way tie imo: scrapper, herald, and chronobunk or maybe chrono in general. I'm voting scrapper because I see scrappers almost every game, and sometimes they hold 1v3's, and that; imho, just shouldn't be a thing regardless of skill.

>

> Scrapper is literally a meme. Not overperforming at all,just not properly balanced and competent players will easily find a way around it without much effort

Pretty good meme that can win monthlies and come 2nd in the poll after mirage.

But then again condi mirage is also a bit of a meme so maybe people are actually voting for "most memeable class".

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Thing is if spike was shaved off specs like soulbeast they'd still be great, take the spike from rev and what's it have? Least played class yet again would be the result lowering the the amount of classes played.soon gonna be the same 2 or three classes everywhere

Spike is fine in the right contexts, but the herald's version isn't quite right. It's essentially acting like a much better version of the old D/P thief. On top of the incredible damage, it has some really good CC in both hard and soft CC forms (Immob, Slow, chill, weakness, plenty of pushes/knockbacks), plus a very strong ability to stall or escape with staff and shiro skills. It can also spike through walls as long as it has a target.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Thing is if spike was shaved off specs like soulbeast they'd still be great, take the spike from rev and what's it have? Least played class yet again would be the result lowering the the amount of classes played.soon gonna be the same 2 or three classes everywhere

>

> Spike is fine in the right contexts, but the herald's version isn't quite right. It's essentially acting like a much better version of the old D/P thief. On top of the incredible damage, it has some really good CC in both hard and soft CC forms (Immob, Slow, chill, weakness, plenty of pushes/knockbacks), plus a very strong ability to stall or escape with staff and shiro skills. It can also spike through walls as long as it has a target.

I agree I just mean rev needs more work other than a burst shave to make it viable with less burst cuz right now it's what keeping it from least played class as it was before

that many votes for condi mirage, must be the lower ranks that can't find the real mesmer.

Scrapper is the most annoying, I'm back to warrior just because it's the only class I can put constant pressure with cc and damage so they have to use all their defensive skills in a short period and finally die.

im kinda impressed with the boonbeast tho, I'm must be playing against really bad ones atm, cuz it hasn't been that hard to beat them.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Rix.8510" said:

> > > @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > > Those are some impressive numbers for Condi Mirage considering the nerfs last patch brought it to level with most of the other duelist builds.

> > >

> > > Three way tie imo: scrapper, herald, and chronobunk or maybe chrono in general. I'm voting scrapper because I see scrappers almost every game, and sometimes they hold 1v3's, and that; imho, just shouldn't be a thing regardless of skill.

> >

> > Scrapper is literally a meme. Not overperforming at all,just not properly balanced and competent players will easily find a way around it without much effort

>

> Pretty good meme that can win monthlies and come 2nd in the poll after mirage.

>

> But then again condi mirage is also a bit of a meme so maybe people are actually voting for "most memeable class".

Don't you mean pre-nerf scrapper? Because i'm talking of the current one : )

> @"Widmo.3186" said:

> _(imo)_ Starting from the biggest need of nerf: Boonbeast > Holo > Scrapper, rest can be pust aside.

> Votes for ele, teef, necro, FB, Spellbreaker while those ^ were available gave me good portion of laugh, thank you.

What specifically makes you laugh at FB and SB? Both are very strong.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Widmo.3186" said:

> > _(imo)_ Starting from the biggest need of nerf: Boonbeast > Holo > Scrapper, rest can be pust aside.

> > Votes for ele, teef, necro, FB, Spellbreaker while those ^ were available gave me good portion of laugh, thank you.

>

> What specifically makes you laugh at FB and SB? Both are very strong.

Just what I mentioned. As I said in the beginning, its just my opinion, but if I had to choose (like OP said) strongest, imba class/build, then I would say SB and FB are on 2nd or even 3rd place in order of nerfs.

Never said theyre not strong, but compared to boonbeast (healing, boons, damage, sustain blah blah) or Holo that is not on Boonbeast level, but still pretty overpowerd, fb and sb stays abit behind competition. So yeah, maybe "laughing at those votes" was abit too much said, but so far no matter class I played, facing SB or FB might have been annoying, but wouldn't call those classes so OP that they were in need of first place nerfs :)

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > Interesting that scrapper is even getting its own article now

> > https://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/features.cfm?read=13562&game=473&ismb=1

>

>

> (Thief and Mesmer already made the news; now its the remaining professions turn to make the headlines )

>

> -Toxicity spreads-

Oh? You can link an article from this year or 2018? Would love to read it as well.

Instant cast and evade spamming while attacking are the roots of many problems in all honesty.

For example? Warrior wouldn't need automatic endure pain or balanced stance or 90 second rampage if crap like this wasn't obnoxious to deal with. Bigger evil is always Mesmer though cause at least Thief can't manfight vs. cleave damage. A lot of passive traits would not be necessary if instant cast layering wasn't such BS.

Thief manages to actually be balanced because they can't just LAYER evades when their frame is about to end, and has really low HP.

The fact that people are complaining about Mirage still just proves that evade spam while being able to layer it with something is a problem.

There will always be people defending it because they're unskilled garbage is the sad reality as well. It literally isn't skill shotting with 1200 range greandes after slick shoes nerf back in the day, it really isn't more skillbased than that.

funny all the biased thief haters making ridiculous comments yet look how thief is in the poll lmao.poll is right thief's not weak and is strong if it was 2014 lol but is weak compared to the powercrept classes and is definitely behind the curve now with game progression. Soulbeast/holo are way to good at to many things,fb/scourge are way to op and oppressive in wvw,warrior has to much sustain with high burst etc and scrapper/ chronobunker have to much sustain.the classes need the nerf hammer to give them all a good smack.

> @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> Instant cast and evade spamming while attacking are the roots of many problems in all honesty.

>

> For example? Warrior wouldn't need automatic endure pain or balanced stance or 90 second rampage if kitten like this wasn't obnoxious to deal with. Bigger evil is always Mesmer though cause at least Thief can't manfight vs. cleave damage. A lot of passive traits would not be necessary if instant cast layering wasn't such BS.

>

> Thief manages to actually be balanced because they can't just LAYER evades when their frame is about to end, and has really low HP.

>

> The fact that people are complaining about Mirage still just proves that evade spam while being able to layer it with something is a problem.

>

> There will always be people defending it because they're unskilled garbage is the sad reality as well. It literally isn't skill shotting with 1200 range greandes after slick shoes nerf back in the day, it really isn't more skillbased than that.

>

Oh my day..such strong contradictions...blaming evade spamming as main root of balance problems and at the same time claiming that thief who can abuse evade spamming (sword builds or staff jumping monkey) and has builds full of insta cast ( headshot spamming back in the day - Steal -infiltrator strike and more ) **it's actually balanced**...people should proof reading their comments before posting them

The game hasn't been skill based since September 2012 when they started buffing thief with heartseeker spam and mesmer clones with 2-3x more HP and signet making clones more durable..pls..pls....**thief players are the least allowed to talk about balance issues**, while not being at the centre of attention now, thieves are the very definition of unfun and unbalanced mechanic : can retreat at will when losing, engage at will etc etc....just one and half year ago wvw was swarmed with thieves and in 2014 we had double thieves teams after the sword evasion buff.

Necro with his condi spam and thief one shotting anything without enough sustain....**you are the very reason why powercreep started in this game in the first damn place**

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > Instant cast and evade spamming while attacking are the roots of many problems in all honesty.

> >

> > For example? Warrior wouldn't need automatic endure pain or balanced stance or 90 second rampage if kitten like this wasn't obnoxious to deal with. Bigger evil is always Mesmer though cause at least Thief can't manfight vs. cleave damage. A lot of passive traits would not be necessary if instant cast layering wasn't such BS.

> >

> > Thief manages to actually be balanced because they can't just LAYER evades when their frame is about to end, and has really low HP.

> >

> > The fact that people are complaining about Mirage still just proves that evade spam while being able to layer it with something is a problem.

> >

> > There will always be people defending it because they're unskilled garbage is the sad reality as well. It literally isn't skill shotting with 1200 range greandes after slick shoes nerf back in the day, it really isn't more skillbased than that.

> >

>

> Oh my day..such strong contradictions...blaming evade spamming as main root of balance problems and at the same time claiming that thief who can abuse evade spamming (sword builds or staff jumping monkey) and has builds full of insta cast ( headshot spamming back in the day - Steal -infiltrator strike and more ) **it's actually balanced**...people should proof reading their comments before posting them

>

> The game hasn't been skill based since September 2012 when they started buffing thief with heartseeker spam and mesmer clones with 2-3x more HP and signet making clones more durable..pls..pls....**thief players are the least allowed to talk about balance issues**, while not being at the centre of attention now, thieves are the very definition of unfun and unbalanced mechanic : can retreat at will when losing, engage at will etc etc....just one and half year ago wvw was swarmed with thieves and in 2014 we had double thieves teams after the sword evasion buff.

>

> Necro with his condi spam and thief one shotting anything without enough sustain....**you are the very reason why powercreep started in this game in the first kitten place**

Lmao wow its like were playing a different game.thief can spam heart seeker or any attack other than mbs and the opponent as long as it's not being attacked by ur ally can out sustain/heal the thief's damage while laughing than get two hits off to down thief and its gg. Sounds like ur not good at fighting theives lol alone theif is easy farming most times unless they run lmao again I hate thieves whaaaaa.they could do zero damage literally except for one high dps backstabbing and because they can port(alot of classes can or have alternatives) or can stealth(alot of classes can now) and have mobility(again powercrept across alot of classes) there will always people that get but hurt when killed in certain ways.its hilarious.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > Instant cast and evade spamming while attacking are the roots of many problems in all honesty.

> > >

> > > For example? Warrior wouldn't need automatic endure pain or balanced stance or 90 second rampage if kitten like this wasn't obnoxious to deal with. Bigger evil is always Mesmer though cause at least Thief can't manfight vs. cleave damage. A lot of passive traits would not be necessary if instant cast layering wasn't such BS.

> > >

> > > Thief manages to actually be balanced because they can't just LAYER evades when their frame is about to end, and has really low HP.

> > >

> > > The fact that people are complaining about Mirage still just proves that evade spam while being able to layer it with something is a problem.

> > >

> > > There will always be people defending it because they're unskilled garbage is the sad reality as well. It literally isn't skill shotting with 1200 range greandes after slick shoes nerf back in the day, it really isn't more skillbased than that.

> > >

> >

> > Oh my day..such strong contradictions...blaming evade spamming as main root of balance problems and at the same time claiming that thief who can abuse evade spamming (sword builds or staff jumping monkey) and has builds full of insta cast ( headshot spamming back in the day - Steal -infiltrator strike and more ) **it's actually balanced**...people should proof reading their comments before posting them

> >

> > The game hasn't been skill based since September 2012 when they started buffing thief with heartseeker spam and mesmer clones with 2-3x more HP and signet making clones more durable..pls..pls....**thief players are the least allowed to talk about balance issues**, while not being at the centre of attention now, thieves are the very definition of unfun and unbalanced mechanic : can retreat at will when losing, engage at will etc etc....just one and half year ago wvw was swarmed with thieves and in 2014 we had double thieves teams after the sword evasion buff.

> >

> > Necro with his condi spam and thief one shotting anything without enough sustain....**you are the very reason why powercreep started in this game in the first kitten place**

>

> Lmao wow its like were playing a different game.thief can spam heart seeker or any attack other than mbs and the opponent as long as it's not being attacked by ur ally can out sustain/heal the thief's damage while laughing than get two hits off to down thief and its gg. Sounds like ur not good at fighting theives lol alone theif is easy farming most times unless they run lmao again I hate thieves whaaaaa.they could do zero damage literally except for one high dps backstabbing and because they can port(alot of classes can or have alternatives) or can stealth(alot of classes can now) and have mobility(again powercrept across alot of classes) there will always people that get but hurt when killed in certain ways.its hilarious.

There are dates in the comments...do read them not out of contest ..-_-

At 30 votes/20%, condi-Mirage is well in the lead to winning this poll for most "broken/overpowered/strongest" as of now. Even beating second place Scrapper, the current FOTM, by a five vote margin.

According to the poll, Condi-Mirage (not Chronobunker, Power Mirage/Mesmer, or anything else) must be dominating those sPvP leader boards and there must be at least four of them in every match. /s

Daddy Anet, can your favorite children have just one gift this year? Can you release performance stats by profession, and if possible, spec/build, so we can compare it to the results of polls like this? Please?

I was in a match the other day where we couldn't win a 3v2 to take a node.

I was running power soulbeast, had a condi mirage and spellbreaker ally and we couldn't force a decap from a firebrand and scrapper. Their support tandem was pretty damn solid. They could literally stand there and dual-tank. Good on them for synergizing so well, but deng my one wolf pack, sic 'em unblockable rapid fire, wh4 wombo combo was only tickling even the guardian.

I'll admit I'm not an expert on how engineer plays, but holy heck was that some serious tanking.

~ Kovu