Rampage has everything and needs tradeoffs/nerfs

Falan.1839

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"MrPhantasia.5924" said:

> Both Holosmith and Spellbreaker are the most balanced, high risk high reward, highest skill cap builds to have ever existed in entire history of Guild Wars 2 which is why Anet left them completely untouched this upcoming balance patch.

This. Glad that there are still a knowledgeable few who can truely comprehend the ingenious balance that the balance team with decades of experience has bestowed upon this game through specs such as Holosmiths, Scrappers, and Spellbreakers -- including the skill named Rampage that OP honestly shouldn't be complaining about if he knew anything about professional level gameplays.

Jejune specs such as Daredevils can actually be played by mindless seaweeds (1200 range wallhack + 3 get out of jail dashes + infinite stealth? lol), it's about time that kind of plague be brought down lest it floods the game until there are 10 in each game.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> >

> > they should give holo the same warrior berserker threatment

> > -300 toughness when entering forge

>

> So, running the risk of overheating and losing elite toolbelt skill is not enough of a trade-off?

well u mostly wont overheat but true its most likely a death sentence if u do overheat while pressured. also the elite toolbelt skill trade-off is kinda mute. holo as elite toolbelt kit is a straight upgrade compared to any of the other elite toolbelt skills. if i could get prime light beam elite with holokit elite toolbelt skill on core engi i would do so 100%

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> >

> > they should give holo the same warrior berserker threatment

> > -300 toughness when entering forge

>

> So, running the risk of overheating and losing elite toolbelt skill is not enough of a trade-off?

Heat is actually too crippling of a mechanic and shouldn't exist. It should just be losing the elite toolbelt skill, but Anet hates engineers so we get double screwed.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > > @"MrPhantasia.5924" said:

> > > > @"Falan.1839" said:

> > > > After some overperforming builds from the last meta were nerfed, Spellbreaker is back in full force and there is already a lot of complaints about there. I think a lot of the issues with it could be resolved by tuning down rampage. It would hit Holo aswell, but it would definitely keep being viable (I play pretty much exclusively without Elixir X on a high level).

> > > >

> > > > The general mechanic of Rampage however is overstacked with benefits and promotes lazy gameplay. First of all there is the extremely high dps potential on every single skill, that gets boosted even further by several dmg modifiers on warrior. In addition to that you gain 2 very useful movement skills - sometimes leading high lvl warriors to use Rampage just to disengage. On top of that you have very strong potential, (4 CCS) and a ranged cc with high dps. That in itself is already a very strong combination. However, to make things worse, you also get permanent pulsing stability AND a very strong defense (dmg reduction and increased hp pool). If you tether your enemy before activating it you can also additionally get extra might and reveal, negating another possible counterplay (strength). So basically there is almost no counterplay except extremely high corrupt/boonrip pressure on the stability paired with cc. That is unlikely to ever work in a 1v1 situation, where you are usually busy avoiding the big hits (aka all of them).

> > > >

> > > > So, in my opinion, at least 2 aspects of this bundle (damage, CC, movement, stability, defense) have to go. I'm personally In favour of removing the stability and defensive bonuses, making it a high risk high reward play, with still very strong combination of damage, CC and mobility but the possibility of being punished by counter CC with no available stunbreak and no increased defense to just facetank through it. As of now it's a very high reward play with close to zero risks.

> > >

> > > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > > a holo complaining about warrior

> > > >

> > > > holo, which is the most broken (with boonbeast) out there

> > > > mobility, stealth, sustain, burst, boons, you name it, ranged pressure, melee pressure, cc

> > > >

> > > > oh and id i forget the broken forge skilsl? i love when forge 5 hits me through a freaking wall.

> > > >

> > > > if only holos would also have access to rampage, oh wait they do albeit it on a 50% chance...

> > > >

> > > > can't have it all right

> > >

> > > Both Holosmith and Spellbreaker are the most balanced, **high risk high reward**, highest skill cap builds to have ever existed in entire history of Guild Wars 2 which is why Anet left them completely untouched this upcoming balance patch.

> >

> > hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaha high risk?! what game you were playing ...

>

> These have to be troll posts lmao

Mirage main spotted.

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > > > @"MrPhantasia.5924" said:

> > > > > @"Falan.1839" said:

> > > > > After some overperforming builds from the last meta were nerfed, Spellbreaker is back in full force and there is already a lot of complaints about there. I think a lot of the issues with it could be resolved by tuning down rampage. It would hit Holo aswell, but it would definitely keep being viable (I play pretty much exclusively without Elixir X on a high level).

> > > > >

> > > > > The general mechanic of Rampage however is overstacked with benefits and promotes lazy gameplay. First of all there is the extremely high dps potential on every single skill, that gets boosted even further by several dmg modifiers on warrior. In addition to that you gain 2 very useful movement skills - sometimes leading high lvl warriors to use Rampage just to disengage. On top of that you have very strong potential, (4 CCS) and a ranged cc with high dps. That in itself is already a very strong combination. However, to make things worse, you also get permanent pulsing stability AND a very strong defense (dmg reduction and increased hp pool). If you tether your enemy before activating it you can also additionally get extra might and reveal, negating another possible counterplay (strength). So basically there is almost no counterplay except extremely high corrupt/boonrip pressure on the stability paired with cc. That is unlikely to ever work in a 1v1 situation, where you are usually busy avoiding the big hits (aka all of them).

> > > > >

> > > > > So, in my opinion, at least 2 aspects of this bundle (damage, CC, movement, stability, defense) have to go. I'm personally In favour of removing the stability and defensive bonuses, making it a high risk high reward play, with still very strong combination of damage, CC and mobility but the possibility of being punished by counter CC with no available stunbreak and no increased defense to just facetank through it. As of now it's a very high reward play with close to zero risks.

> > > >

> > > > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > > > a holo complaining about warrior

> > > > >

> > > > > holo, which is the most broken (with boonbeast) out there

> > > > > mobility, stealth, sustain, burst, boons, you name it, ranged pressure, melee pressure, cc

> > > > >

> > > > > oh and id i forget the broken forge skilsl? i love when forge 5 hits me through a freaking wall.

> > > > >

> > > > > if only holos would also have access to rampage, oh wait they do albeit it on a 50% chance...

> > > > >

> > > > > can't have it all right

> > > >

> > > > Both Holosmith and Spellbreaker are the most balanced, **high risk high reward**, highest skill cap builds to have ever existed in entire history of Guild Wars 2 which is why Anet left them completely untouched this upcoming balance patch.

> > >

> > > hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaha high risk?! what game you were playing ...

> >

> > These have to be troll posts lmao

>

> Mirage main spotted.

Lol oh yes major mirage main

> > @"Falan.1839" said:

> > After some overperforming builds from the last meta were nerfed, Spellbreaker is back in full force and there is already a lot of complaints about there. I think a lot of the issues with it could be resolved by tuning down rampage. It would hit Holo aswell, but it would definitely keep being viable (I play pretty much exclusively without Elixir X on a high level).

> >

> > The general mechanic of Rampage however is overstacked with benefits and promotes lazy gameplay. First of all there is the extremely high dps potential on every single skill, that gets boosted even further by several dmg modifiers on warrior. In addition to that you gain 2 very useful movement skills - sometimes leading high lvl warriors to use Rampage just to disengage. On top of that you have very strong potential, (4 CCS) and a ranged cc with high dps. That in itself is already a very strong combination. However, to make things worse, you also get permanent pulsing stability AND a very strong defense (dmg reduction and increased hp pool). If you tether your enemy before activating it you can also additionally get extra might and reveal, negating another possible counterplay (strength). So basically there is almost no counterplay except extremely high corrupt/boonrip pressure on the stability paired with cc. That is unlikely to ever work in a 1v1 situation, where you are usually busy avoiding the big hits (aka all of them).

> >

> > So, in my opinion, at least 2 aspects of this bundle (damage, CC, movement, stability, defense) have to go. I'm personally In favour of removing the stability and defensive bonuses, making it a high risk high reward play, with still very strong combination of damage, CC and mobility but the possibility of being punished by counter CC with no available stunbreak and no increased defense to just facetank through it. As of now it's a very high reward play with close to zero risks.

>

> > a holo complaining about warrior

> >

> > holo, which is the most broken (with boonbeast) out there

> > mobility, stealth, sustain, burst, boons, you name it, ranged pressure, melee pressure, cc

> >

> > oh and id i forget the broken forge skilsl? i love when forge 5 hits me through a freaking wall.

> >

> > if only holos would also have access to rampage, oh wait they do albeit it on a 50% chance...

> >

> > can't have it all right

>

> Both Holosmith and Spellbreaker are the most balanced, high risk high reward, highest skill cap builds to have ever existed in entire history of Guild Wars 2 which is why Anet left them completely untouched this upcoming balance patch.

I'm sorry but Revenant and thief takes those places already, spellbreaker is one of the easiest classes I've ever played. Don't know much about holo tho

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> Rampage is fine and easily countered.

> Tempest perspective.

>

> Magnetic Auras / Immobilize / chill / Weakness and cripple spam combined with a tiny bit of kiting, easy done.

>

> I swear ya'll complain about anything...

Not every class poops these conditions out mate, just because your class somehow counters it doesn't matter all classes can counter it

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Falan.1839" said:

> > > After some overperforming builds from the last meta were nerfed, Spellbreaker is back in full force and there is already a lot of complaints about there. I think a lot of the issues with it could be resolved by tuning down rampage. It would hit Holo aswell, but it would definitely keep being viable (I play pretty much exclusively without Elixir X on a high level).

> > >

> > > The general mechanic of Rampage however is overstacked with benefits and promotes lazy gameplay. First of all there is the extremely high dps potential on every single skill, that gets boosted even further by several dmg modifiers on warrior. In addition to that you gain 2 very useful movement skills - sometimes leading high lvl warriors to use Rampage just to disengage. On top of that you have very strong potential, (4 CCS) and a ranged cc with high dps. That in itself is already a very strong combination. However, to make things worse, you also get permanent pulsing stability AND a very strong defense (dmg reduction and increased hp pool). If you tether your enemy before activating it you can also additionally get extra might and reveal, negating another possible counterplay (strength). So basically there is almost no counterplay except extremely high corrupt/boonrip pressure on the stability paired with cc. That is unlikely to ever work in a 1v1 situation, where you are usually busy avoiding the big hits (aka all of them).

> > >

> > > So, in my opinion, at least 2 aspects of this bundle (damage, CC, movement, stability, defense) have to go. I'm personally In favour of removing the stability and defensive bonuses, making it a high risk high reward play, with still very strong combination of damage, CC and mobility but the possibility of being punished by counter CC with no available stunbreak and no increased defense to just facetank through it. As of now it's a very high reward play with close to zero risks.

> >

> > Regardless of what you think of rampage (it surely needs a nerf), the trade off argument is regarding elite specialization not a specific skill. Particularly one that is a core skill.

> >

> > In that spirit, what is the trade-off for playing holo? Very high damage, high sustainability, high mobility, ridiculous boon stacking and boat load of CC. What do you give-up when playing holo?!

>

> they should give holo the same warrior berserker threatment

> -300 toughness when entering forge

From a thematic being tired would match after rampage. Weakness maybe or no crit chances for 10 seconds after using rampage

> @"toxic.3648" said:

> well u mostly wont overheat but true its most likely a death sentence if u do overheat while pressured. also the elite toolbelt skill trade-off is kinda mute. holo as elite toolbelt kit is a straight upgrade compared to any of the other elite toolbelt skills. if i could get prime light beam elite with holokit elite toolbelt skill on core engi i would do so 100%

Doesn't actually matter how effective a trade-off is. It's still there.

It also makes the engineer player lose some flexibility from their core kit. You suddenly can't turn your opponents into Moa's. Which is really handy to have to drop Warriors out of Rampage or Necromancers out of their Shroud.

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> a holo complaining about warrior

>

> holo, which is the most broken (with boonbeast) out there

> mobility, stealth, sustain, burst, boons, you name it, ranged pressure, melee pressure, cc

>

> oh and id i forget the broken forge skilsl? i love when forge 5 hits me through a freaking wall.

>

> if only holos would also have access to rampage, oh wait they do albeit it on a 50% chance...

>

> can't have it all right

i play holo and spellbreaker (but mostly rev) and i gotta say i did LOL at this.....100% true.

Rampage could use some tuning, but in my opinion it still needs to be a strong choice. Two reason:

1. It is an iconic skill that fits the theme of warrior very well. It is also a very impactful skill, which is how elites should feel.

2. All other warrior elites are so bad right now that without rampage you could basically run without the elite and feel the same. This could obviously be changed. I personally would like them to rework signet at the same time that they nerf rampage.

> > @"Falan.1839" said:

> > After some overperforming builds from the last meta were nerfed, Spellbreaker is back in full force and there is already a lot of complaints about there. I think a lot of the issues with it could be resolved by tuning down rampage. It would hit Holo aswell, but it would definitely keep being viable (I play pretty much exclusively without Elixir X on a high level).

> >

> > The general mechanic of Rampage however is overstacked with benefits and promotes lazy gameplay. First of all there is the extremely high dps potential on every single skill, that gets boosted even further by several dmg modifiers on warrior. In addition to that you gain 2 very useful movement skills - sometimes leading high lvl warriors to use Rampage just to disengage. On top of that you have very strong potential, (4 CCS) and a ranged cc with high dps. That in itself is already a very strong combination. However, to make things worse, you also get permanent pulsing stability AND a very strong defense (dmg reduction and increased hp pool). If you tether your enemy before activating it you can also additionally get extra might and reveal, negating another possible counterplay (strength). So basically there is almost no counterplay except extremely high corrupt/boonrip pressure on the stability paired with cc. That is unlikely to ever work in a 1v1 situation, where you are usually busy avoiding the big hits (aka all of them).

> >

> > So, in my opinion, at least 2 aspects of this bundle (damage, CC, movement, stability, defense) have to go. I'm personally In favour of removing the stability and defensive bonuses, making it a high risk high reward play, with still very strong combination of damage, CC and mobility but the possibility of being punished by counter CC with no available stunbreak and no increased defense to just facetank through it. As of now it's a very high reward play with close to zero risks.

>

> >

> > mobility, stealth, sustain, burst, boons, you name it, ranged pressure, melee pressure, cc

> >

> > oh and id i forget the broken forge skilsl? i love when forge 5 hits me through a freaking wall.

> >

> > if only holos would also have access to rampage, oh wait they do albeit it on a 50% chance...

> >

>

Must be a joke post, but in case it isn't I wish there was a thumbs down button.

> > > @"MrPhantasia.5924" said:

> > > > @"Falan.1839" said:

> > > > After some overperforming builds from the last meta were nerfed, Spellbreaker is back in full force and there is already a lot of complaints about there. I think a lot of the issues with it could be resolved by tuning down rampage. It would hit Holo aswell, but it would definitely keep being viable (I play pretty much exclusively without Elixir X on a high level).

> > > >

> > > > The general mechanic of Rampage however is overstacked with benefits and promotes lazy gameplay. First of all there is the extremely high dps potential on every single skill, that gets boosted even further by several dmg modifiers on warrior. In addition to that you gain 2 very useful movement skills - sometimes leading high lvl warriors to use Rampage just to disengage. On top of that you have very strong potential, (4 CCS) and a ranged cc with high dps. That in itself is already a very strong combination. However, to make things worse, you also get permanent pulsing stability AND a very strong defense (dmg reduction and increased hp pool). If you tether your enemy before activating it you can also additionally get extra might and reveal, negating another possible counterplay (strength). So basically there is almost no counterplay except extremely high corrupt/boonrip pressure on the stability paired with cc. That is unlikely to ever work in a 1v1 situation, where you are usually busy avoiding the big hits (aka all of them).

> > > >

> > > > So, in my opinion, at least 2 aspects of this bundle (damage, CC, movement, stability, defense) have to go. I'm personally In favour of removing the stability and defensive bonuses, making it a high risk high reward play, with still very strong combination of damage, CC and mobility but the possibility of being punished by counter CC with no available stunbreak and no increased defense to just facetank through it. As of now it's a very high reward play with close to zero risks.

> > >

> > > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > > a holo complaining about warrior

> > > >

> > > > holo, which is the most broken (with boonbeast) out there

> > > > mobility, stealth, sustain, burst, boons, you name it, ranged pressure, melee pressure, cc

> > > >

> > > > oh and id i forget the broken forge skilsl? i love when forge 5 hits me through a freaking wall.

> > > >

> > > > if only holos would also have access to rampage, oh wait they do albeit it on a 50% chance...

> > > >

> > > > can't have it all right

> > >

> > > Both Holosmith and Spellbreaker are the most balanced, high risk high reward, highest skill cap builds to have ever existed in entire history of Guild Wars 2 which is why Anet left them completely untouched this upcoming balance patch.

> >

> > holosmith balanced, ah ye that must explain why in wvw they are called yolosmiths because they can jump in a group of 5 and still come out on top

> >

> > spellbreaker used to do that, then full counter became full tickle

> >

> > oh, and holo can do it by abuisong both line of sight, and terrain elevation (hello 360 degree vertical and horizontal forge 5 aoe cc)

> >

> > boonbeast is untouched this patch, by your logic they are balanced

>

> Someone sounds like they aren't balanced. Do you Mirage, much maybe?

>

> Boonbeast is fine. No one is complaining about it.

what a childish respone, so everyone with you disagreeing is a mirage main?

nope, fot your instance i'm a mighty rampage tetherbreaker

are we in a good spot? absolutly

are we OP? absolutly not

one of the few actual balanced specs

unlike others that get carried by a broken design, or broken mechanics (still looking at you forge g5, i won't stop mentioning this untill it finally becomes fixed..i don't like getting ninja cc'd through a wall

I think cd should be 110s and when traited it becomes the current untreated cd, also the rock should have larger animation, it should be big boulder so you can see it coming.Rampage weakness are the control conditions blind, slow, torment,weakness since you can't cleanse them.

But from the post i only see that some holo doesn't like that it can't do its chain cc cheese on war, for one holo is multipurpose build it is good 1v1 and it is good in teamfight with all the cc in the world(maybe even op for the sustain it has) , but if you wish to contest the single purpose build like spellbreaker you should probably dress for the occasion if i remember correctly engineer it is one of two professions that can shut down Rampage outright with Moa.

Yes Rampage is strong but also so many other elites and other need some love too to be brought up. But then again if elites are not better then the utilities on your bar what is their point, aren't they supposed to be the big ultimate, the game changer, the big play.

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > Rampage is fine and easily countered.

> > Tempest perspective.

> >

> > Magnetic Auras / Immobilize / chill / Weakness and cripple spam combined with a tiny bit of kiting, easy done.

> >

> > I swear ya'll complain about anything...

>

> Not every class poops these conditions out mate, just because your class somehow counters it doesn't matter all classes can counter it

I cant help with Rev or Holo but give me your build and class and Ill point out to you what works...

Its usually soft CC like blinds, cripples, slows, chills and so forth... Weakness also helps too

Please dont say you dont have any either, its like posting condi killed you because you had no condi cleanse and asking for condi nerfs afterwards.

> @"PaRaPhReNiA.8763" said:

> Be a man on the internet and quote someone directly otherwise you are just a coward - ty gw2 mamas basement Community. So happy this forum exists

I was trying to help someone by giving them simple solutions but they carried on complaining before resorting to childish behaviors and clearly you chose to join in.

One of my houses actually has a basement but that's rented out at the moment, but otherwise you have no idea because people who say things like that wouldnt even know what a mortgage is.

I appreciate people quoting me when they directly respond to me, I dont respect the sniveling cowards way of communication that was presented, it reminds me of my daughter when she walks off and mutters crap under her breathe just to get a laugh or like from her other childish friends.. And I see no behavioural differences here either in respect to the original conversation, my daughter and your comment.

> > @"Falan.1839" said:

> >

> >

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Berserker had a higher skill cap BEFORE the patch because stow/weapon switch cancels with normal F1 dodge bait and then finish off the berserker > primal F1.. Needed unblockables though to borderline make Berserker below average.

But uhh yeah those days aren't coming back. ANET too busy taking 1 more button off Berserker elite and limiting gameplay that wasn't even toxic and was actually well designed based off stow weapon and weapon switch cancels. Just an arc divider spamming suicider now, such a fail change.

If Rampage does get nerfed, ANET will probably not nerf soulbeast because they think evade spam takes so much skill when that exact mentality is why e-sports died and nobody took the game seriously after HoT.