Queen Guantlet too hard? Why release impossible fights for festivals?

Roy.5639

if u dont wanna spend the time to watch a 2 min video.. then why take the time to make a post that prolly took more time to create and just want things easier.. the new generation never had to beat mario 64 without youtube or any guides and it shows..mayb they should implement a difficulty system for things idk? higher difficulty just means more mechanics,, easy mode let people just face tank with little reward or something idk just a suggestion

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Witchypoo.3702" said:

> > @"Doc Holiday.1326" said:

> > Let me begin by saying that I have played this game since release. I consider myself a fairly experienced player. Now I don't like to brag, but I have the Dungeon Master title, and I have 80% map completion. <

>

> This sounds like a troll to me. "Played since release" and only 80% map completion, and Dungeon Master as if that's a tough achiev.

Lots of people don't bother with map completion. Some people point to it as "meaningful" because it's one of the few badges that appear on screen.

OP has around 25k AP, which likely means that they have dailies maxed and do very little hunting for achievements. That is a very plausible scenario for the type of veteran who wouldn't encounter challenging solo content very often.

Sooo.. festivals have always been this way since the start of the game and all those bosses and events were put into the game back in August 6, 2013 before any expansions and raids were ever introduced and has never been changed in difficulty except for the "special tier" with Turai Ossa..

Your experience or time invested into the game amounts to nothing if you do not actually understand mechanics or builds ( or the reasons why builds exists). The fights are meant to be challenging, but they are not impossible if you understand the fight and tailor your setup. These fights aren't DPS checks, they aren't meant for raid builds, they are mechanic checks. You won't see a build optimized for having permanent boons and heal support going into those and ending up being the most successful things. Mechanics is what will carry you in Queen's Gauntlet.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Shaddy Bear.3096" said:

> > As a fellow gamer, I agree with you. My Minstrels chronomancer couldn't even kill the first boss, then I tried turai osira, everyone told me he was easy but I couldn't even damage him. I think he was hacking, it is too hard and I think I'm going back to being a condi thief in PVP because that is fun. I cant deal with the toxicity and the hardness of the bosses. best of lick on ur adventores fellow gamer

> >

>

> Keep in mind that these bosses tend to have a trick to them. In the case of Turai Ossa, he has a buff that makes him take very little damage. You're supposed to avoid his attacks and survive until he leaps to the center of the arena and begins to charge a ranged attack. CC him at this point and you will stun him, removing the buff and making him vulnerable to damage. This is the only way to win this fight. You can't beat him without removing that buff.

>

> If these fights seem impossible, chances are there is something you are missing. They aren't overtuned, but they do have mechanics that you need to understand in order to win.

>

>

As helpful as this is, I think his comment went right over your head.

Queen's Gauntlet was the first instance where I had to look online for a video on how to cheese some of these fights. Sometimes a game should have such things. Though it says a lot about how much of a difference there is between average player build knowledge and in depth build knowledge you have to be shown.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> The bosses are designed to be challenging. The are meant to test your skills. As an average at best player, I think they are an outstanding design added to the festival given there are plenty of easy things to do for the exact same rewards. It took me multiple festivals to finally clear all but the Liadri orb achievement, which I may or mot not attempt this year.

>

> The first boss alone is just a normal mob. The rest are just about mechanics. If you can adjust your playstyle and adapt and learn the encounters, then most will be straightforward.

>

> They are nowhere near the high end of the skill ladder, but I don't understand why people who want to test their skill shouldn't have something for them. The Gauntlet has largely been praised and welcomed over the years and the feeling of accomplishment in beating Liadri has been one of the top memorable moments for many a player.

>

> I don't raid and I'm not really an elite player, a meta player or the such. And yeah I got largely pissed off when I was doing them back in the day. But, coming to the forums and asking for a nerf in a popular and successful piece of content which is as designed, is never going to happen since none of them are overtuned. Not a single one.

The whole point of this thread is: **Challenging content doesn't belong in festivals.**

It's supposed to be a casual thing, something everyone can do, not an experience that makes you want to smash your keyboard ._.

Luckily I had a theif which made the worst achievements doable without it taking hundreds of tries.

Crown pavilion just sucks, labyrinthine cliffs is the ok part of the festival.

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > The bosses are designed to be challenging. The are meant to test your skills. As an average at best player, I think they are an outstanding design added to the festival given there are plenty of easy things to do for the exact same rewards. It took me multiple festivals to finally clear all but the Liadri orb achievement, which I may or mot not attempt this year.

> >

> > The first boss alone is just a normal mob. The rest are just about mechanics. If you can adjust your playstyle and adapt and learn the encounters, then most will be straightforward.

> >

> > They are nowhere near the high end of the skill ladder, but I don't understand why people who want to test their skill shouldn't have something for them. The Gauntlet has largely been praised and welcomed over the years and the feeling of accomplishment in beating Liadri has been one of the top memorable moments for many a player.

> >

> > I don't raid and I'm not really an elite player, a meta player or the such. And yeah I got largely pissed off when I was doing them back in the day. But, coming to the forums and asking for a nerf in a popular and successful piece of content which is as designed, is never going to happen since none of them are overtuned. Not a single one.

>

> The whole point of this thread is: **Challenging content doesn't belong in festivals.**

> It's supposed to be a casual thing, something everyone can do, not an experience that makes you want to smash your keyboard ._.

>

> Luckily I had a theif which made the worst achievements doable without it taking hundreds of tries.

> Crown pavilion just sucks, labyrinthine cliffs is the ok part of the festival.

>

Do you think the clock tower jp doesn't belong in the festival?

And how easy should a festival be?

How about there has got to be a good balance of mild-medium and good difficulty content. And there is. There are many other festival events to do, and this one is not in any way hindering you. You don't have to do it. The content is designed for a balance of challenge for a balance of players of different sorts. I don't go for this one, because as a somewhat older player (43) i am not inspired anymore to do the most challenging content. Doesn't mean i wan't to deny other players their fun with harder content. Let them.

I'm disgusted reading through this thread and seeing people actually agreeing with OP. This content has existed since 5+ years ago and there are countless guides out there to teach people how to do these fights, how to play better in general, yet the content itself needs to be toned down to accommodate people who _actively refuse_ to play better? Are you guys serious or am I falling for bait? Hard to tell tbh, dungeon master title reference is making me lean towards it being a troll.

Anyways just in case this thread was made unironically, here you go OP.

And to anyone else who agreed with OP... I genuinely hope you reconsider your views.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> I don't think queens gauntlet was content you are supposed to defeat one after the other for self-gratification. It's a game mode where you're meant to keep banging your head against a wall until either you or the wall gives up.

>

Whenever I read that youre supposed to keep banging your head against the wall to defeat this and that, I feel its always about brains vs. brawn.

I mean, you can also try to figure out what is going on. Especially in Queens gauntlet

Top and bottom of it, your skills have slipped. It's so much easier now than when it was origonally introduced, what with power creep.

It's supposed to be challenging, if you're not willing to put effort into practicing the harder parts then honestly you don't deserve to be rewarded with the same stuff as those who actually did put the effort in. It is accessible to everyone, I cleared it with core warrior, which everyone has access to. If you chose to take lower powered specs or avoid skill types and playstyles you don't like, then you can't complain that content is too difficult. There's so many video guides out there now too.

I fail to see why the only challenging bit of a festival should be toned down simply cos there's some people who don't want to put the effort in.

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> > The bosses are designed to be challenging. The are meant to test your skills. As an average at best player, I think they are an outstanding design added to the festival given there are plenty of easy things to do for the exact same rewards. It took me multiple festivals to finally clear all but the Liadri orb achievement, which I may or mot not attempt this year.

> >

> > The first boss alone is just a normal mob. The rest are just about mechanics. If you can adjust your playstyle and adapt and learn the encounters, then most will be straightforward.

> >

> > They are nowhere near the high end of the skill ladder, but I don't understand why people who want to test their skill shouldn't have something for them. The Gauntlet has largely been praised and welcomed over the years and the feeling of accomplishment in beating Liadri has been one of the top memorable moments for many a player.

> >

> > I don't raid and I'm not really an elite player, a meta player or the such. And yeah I got largely pissed off when I was doing them back in the day. But, coming to the forums and asking for a nerf in a popular and successful piece of content which is as designed, is never going to happen since none of them are overtuned. Not a single one.

>

> The whole point of this thread is: **Challenging content doesn't belong in festivals.**

> It's supposed to be a casual thing, something everyone can do, not an experience that makes you want to smash your keyboard ._.

>

> Luckily I had a theif which made the worst achievements doable without it taking hundreds of tries.

> Crown pavilion just sucks, labyrinthine cliffs is the ok part of the festival.

>

Who made that rule?

I like the fact that this festival has something for a wide swath of players (plenty of content for easy fans while the dueling arena appeals to the hard fans).

I myself beat the Gauntlet during its first appearance and haven't really had much incentive to go back in there. I just noticed that they reset the AP for it, so I may go back again just to get some of those, but I'm not going to kill myself trying to win.

Queen's Gauntlet is definitely the most interesting part of the festival. It is challenging, but not too challenging. Most, if not all bosses can be beaten with various different builds and tactics. Furthermore, it is close the only controlled fighting place to try out your new builds, so I wouldn't mind to get something similar as a permanent feature.

> @"whoeverxwins.1279" said:

> Plenty of other ways to get tokens, so no big deal.

Yeah, this, but for me, Queen's Gauntlet is the place to put tokens in good use. I farm tokens elsewhere, buy tickets and go trying out things.

If you don't like Queen's Gauntlet, please, don't play it. It does not give you anything you would desperately need for other content. It is only for fun, at least for players like me who thinks that it is fun to face challenge, struggle and learn, and then beat that.

> @"Friday.7864" said:

That's not an actual rule and it hasn't been the philosophy of _this_ game, nor even its predecessor. The vast majority of the game's festival content doesn't depend on tactics or strategy, which is fine. In contrast, the entirety of SAB depends on being able to parkour platform-game style, so it's not anything close to "casual" for a sizeable portion of the community. Likewise, the sky crystals aren't the least bit casual for some people.

The Gauntlet is an entirely optional, single player challenge. It can be skipped for festival dailies, it's not required to obtain the meta reward. It's there specifically for those who like the idea of stretching past their comfort level. (And for people who are "that good," it's not even challenging in the first place.)

It also lends itself to increasing the challenge, if one wants: by adding handicaps (gambits) or trying to complete it using a single build or entirely on each profession, etc.

It's fine to say, "I don't want my festivals to include challenging content." No one can argue with your preference. It's quite another thing to make a blanket statement claiming that it doesn't belong, especially given that festival challenges have historically existed in this game. (Or worse, when the OP claimed it was impossible to complete using core profs.)

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

And the majority of the festival is very casual. Requires little effort.

The gauntlet is also very casual, with the exception of a small number of bosses placed to give those desiring a modicum of challenge something to enjoy.

As you say, a festival is supposed to be for everyone...including those who enjoy a challenge.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Odd post from someone who sets up and casts PvP Tournaments. Perhaps, as a friend, Wooden Potatoes could give some tips?

I find it odd that a PvPer would have issues with these bosses at all. They've only got one or two mechanics, Liadri and Turai included. Hmmm.