4th Specialization line Vs. New Elite Specialization

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> If given the option, which would you rather have:

> Access to an additional Specialization line or a brand new Elite Profession

I want new elite specs. Elite specs aren't just a specialization. They actually change the class mechanics (for non Revenant that is). That's what I love about them. Elite specs is GW2 way of doing Dual Classes. In GW2 all classes mechanically function the same only the skills were different. In GW2 all classes have unique mechanics that cnat just be dual classed like GW1 did.

Another spec line would be interesting because it could be used to change up not only the base builds for classes, but the elites as well. However, there is only so much a spec line can add to a class, whereas elites can alter how the main gimmick of the class works and give it a whole new feel.

So I would probably choose a new elite.

Personally why not both? A new trait line to bridge a gap with core classes, as they do lack in power and while it could augment the elite specs I highly doubt it would break anything as its not like it would add the kind of tools an Elite spec would add. Pair this with a new elite spec it makes a whole lot more new toys to play with and build-craft/Theory-craft going forward which is always a good thing.

Especially if this could fix specific class issues, such as with Revenant they have no core ranged condi weapon and this is a big issue considering without one condi rev will always be stuck in melee. (Can suck for some fights/encounters.)

I am still unsure if the OP is asking for us to get another trait-line slot, or if they want a new trait-line in general. IF they want another slot it might make some weird interactions but Id be down for it. It would mean you could build a complete build because some of the trait-lines are only good as a +1 and don't bring much to the table for a lot of builds. For example you could take (Death-magic + Blood-Magic + Curses+ Scourge ) This wouldn't be op it would just round out the kit and the traits would make it more concrete. I kinda like the idea because it sounds like a ton of fun to add in more traits, But I wouldn't want it to cause us NOT to get an elite spec....

New profesion

Heavy : Slayer

Weapons:

Twohanded weapons : Great Axe , Halberd/Pike

Singlehanded weapons : Mace,Sword

Ranged : onehanded short Spear (throwing weapon)

Offhand: Torch,Chains (offhand providing hard control like stun/root/criple/slow )

""""""""""Main trait : Ability using offhand with two handed weapons exchange for debuff in defensive (take more dmg from all sources)????????""""""""

Slayers are warriors who hunt monsters and dangerous beast for fame,money and adrenaline from the presence of death.They discard their defense in oportunity to do more damage ,their moto is "Bigger is better".They use mostly Twohanded weapons.

Medium : Monk

Weapons:

Twohanded : Staff for meele ,Katar (dual wielded weapon,they are always in pair)

Singlehanded : mace

Ranged: Chakram (throwing weapon using bounces to hit more enemy or apply dmg/debuffs when hit enemy when returning back to user - similiar to wariors 4 ability on GS)

Offhand : Censer (Give give stability boon and regeneration?)

Monks are travelers who looks for wisdom and knowledge in order to achieve enlightenment.They dont look for fight but if its necessary they can protect them selfs and provide a huge support to others.They are focused on defensive and provide boons around them for their allies.

Light : Summoner

Weapons:

Twohanded : Staff???

Singlehanded : Dagger,Whip (Do low dmg but has a fast attack speed and provide DoT bleed and slow/criple)

Ranged: Scepter

Offhand: Shield,Totem ( Can absorb souls of the death enemies which can boost their summons)

Summoners specialize in invoking various monsters or elements or ghosts. For that they use different reagents.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> > If given the option, which would you rather have:

> > Access to an additional Specialization line or a brand new Elite Profession

>

> Hey guys do you want some power creep? or do you want LOTS of power creep?

Id rather get the potential *LOTS* of power creep, if it means i get to play something new and fresh.

Sorry, I should have described it better. I tried to make the post short, but made it too short without a full description.

What I should have said was:

_If you could have a 4th core specialization line (without an Elite in the mix), would that be preferable to the Devs making a new Elite Profession for each class. If you were to chose an Elite class, you would go by the current rules of 2 Core + 1 Elite._

This would potentially boost the core classes to the equal of the Elites.

I'd LOVE a fourth trait line. A limit to make it less OP might be that it would not be a "true" trait line, but would allow you to select 3 traits from the other 3 chosen trait lines that you didn't pick. Drag the unchosen traits down to the fourth line and go!

The HoT Elite Specs wowed me. The PoF Elite Specs meh'd me. A fourth traitline would definitely WOW me. But a set of new, possibly meh Elite specs doesn't hold much interest to me.

A new Elite spec would mean more _having_ to choose. It could only go in the same spec slot as the other Elite Specs.

A 4th Spec line would mean less _having_ to choose. Core only builds would only have to _not_ use 1 of the 5 core trait lines, and Elite users would have to _not_ use only 2 of 5 core trait lines.

A new Elite Spec might mean power creep, as _some_ of each of the two iterations we have so far have shown.

A 4th trait line slot would mean power creep, due to lowered opportunity cost.

There's also the possibility that some professions would benefit more from a 4th line than others might. Not all trait lines are good across all professions.

I don't know about anyone else, but I get sick of the WvW builds with tons of sustain, invulnerability, condition cleanse and that hit like trucks as it is. There is the very real possibility that allowing a 4th line would make this worse.

I find games to be more interesting when people have to give something up to get something else.

I personally would have a blast with a 4th specialization line on all of my toons. It would give me a toolset to take a more serious look at hybrid builds which I've been unwilling to spend the time on so far.

Something I think would be fun are limited events where these types of additions are enabled to let the community play around with builds while not becoming a fully fledged meta of its own. Similar to how some other games (typically games in development) will have events where NPCs sell items for super cheap or give players full access to in-game inventory in pre-wipe patch events. I remember PoF had something like this for WvW where classes got a bunch of preview exotic gear to try out the new elite specs. I really like trying new stuff out temporarily like that.