"Upgradeable Boreal Weapons"

Yes, my idea of an upgradable weapon that I know from other MMO's or RPG's is a lot more exiting then what Anet is giving us. They already did this in an earlier episode so I knew what to expect: one weapon that you need to take two steps for to unlock. I.e. as in literally every other weapon in the game: "Exotic version with certain stats ----> Ascended version with slightly better stats"

Its consistent with earlier upgradable claims, like from the elegy/requiem armor, or the dragonsblood weapons. But yeah, the term is misleading. But I am left wondering, since this is half of a zone, that they might improve the skins with another tier when the zone is expanded in episode 2. Since even the restored boreal weapons is fairly bland with no particle effects.

Maybe next episode we will be able to upgrade the sword to a grown-up's sword? Seriously, it's like a dagger.

I would have much preferred it if the ancient versions were tradeable rare drops (dropped randomly throughout the map, awarded for map completion and so on) that were actually used as components to create the upgraded version.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> Maybe next episode we will be able to upgrade the sword to a grown-up's sword? Seriously, it's like a dagger.

>

> I would have much preferred it if the ancient versions were tradeable rare drops (dropped randomly throughout the map, awarded for map completion and so on) that were actually used as components to create the upgraded version.

I thought this is what it would be aswell or that you could craft them if you wanted not just skins.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> Maybe next episode we will be able to upgrade the sword to a grown-up's sword? Seriously, it's like a dagger.

I am soooooo happy that it is! I am sick and tired of all those oversized weapons, they all look ridiculous in _any_ character's hand. Finally something of a lesser size <3 that doesn't look like the character will break their wrist trying to lift it. :lol:

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > Maybe next episode we will be able to upgrade the sword to a grown-up's sword? Seriously, it's like a dagger.

>

> I am soooooo happy that it is! I am sick and tired of all those oversized weapons, they all look ridiculous in _any_ character's hand. Finally something of a lesser size <3 that doesn't look like the character will break their wrist trying to lift it. :lol:

I agree, and I love the overall low-key simplicity of this set. I think there are quite enough flashy fantasy skins in the game as it is.

My Warrior is rocking realistic, simple Shiverpeak-style looks, and these weapons fit really well.

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > Maybe next episode we will be able to upgrade the sword to a grown-up's sword? Seriously, it's like a dagger.

> >

> > I am soooooo happy that it is! I am sick and tired of all those oversized weapons, they all look ridiculous in _any_ character's hand. Finally something of a lesser size <3 that doesn't look like the character will break their wrist trying to lift it. :lol:

>

> I agree, and I love the overall low-key simplicity of this set. I think there are quite enough flashy fantasy skins in the game as it is.

Well, I was referring to the one-handed sword here, not the whole set. ;) The greatsword, for instance, is yet another example of an ugly oversized design. I am using the basic greatsword skin on quite a few of my characters, because it is the only one with a realistic size. Some other greatsword skins look beautiful, yes, but I can't use them due to their ridiculous size (especially awful-looking on female characters where the size is scaled up even further :s ).