Unbreakable Tools for all characters?

> @"medivh.4725" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > Simplest way, requiring 3 Shared Inventory Slots:

> > 1) Put Unbreakable tools in Shared Slots.

> > 2) Equip each character with regular tools.

> > 3) When logging in to a character, open inventory and double-click the tools. This swaps so unbreakable are equipped while regular tools are in shared inventory.

> > 4) Before logging out that character, open inventory and double-click the regular tools to get the unbreakable back into shared inventory.

> >

> > Repeat 4 & 5 when logging another character.

>

> I was thinking about the "Shared Inv slots "+ "Unbreakable Gathering Tools" combo. I wondered for days how they should work together and thanks to @Tanner that confirmed my thoughts in theory.

>

> ISSUE:

> The double clicking seem excessive and unnecessary, especially if you have many characters and are swooping between them multiple times a day. The manual swapping around is a turn off for players. @Anet if you are listening....

It really comes down to how you play and why you are getting unbreakable tools in the first place. I swap around on different characters a lot .... well I used to do it much more. That aside one of the biggest reason I use the infinite gathering tools is so I never have to try to equip the tools while in combat. The shared slot approach is still too much of a hassle so I just have a separate set on each character, still working on that.

> Have to agree the "Unbreakable Gathering Tools" is kinda ugly. Been reading about "glyphs" so how much will "glyphs" cost in the game? I would presume they are skins like the glider skin and pet skin that can be swapped at will??

You can change the skin but it works like weapons and armor so it will cost transmutation charges. The unbreakable tools look exactly like the tools from the vendors ...

Cost of the glyphs depends on which one you are buying and when. The less desirable glyphs are generally cheaper while the others will tend to dip in price while they are dropping from the BLC since that results in a temporary increase in supply.

> I would also presume the "Unbreakable Gathering Tools" gathers more? But how much more really, 20%? 30%?

They provide nothing extra beyond their unlimited use. All the extra stuff comes from glyphs and the unbreakable tools do not include any glyph.

> @"medivh.4725" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > Simplest way, requiring 3 Shared Inventory Slots:

> > 1) Put Unbreakable tools in Shared Slots.

> > 2) Equip each character with regular tools.

> > 3) When logging in to a character, open inventory and double-click the tools. This swaps so unbreakable are equipped while regular tools are in shared inventory.

> > 4) Before logging out that character, open inventory and double-click the regular tools to get the unbreakable back into shared inventory.

> >

> > Repeat 4 & 5 when logging another character.

>

> I was thinking about the "Shared Inv slots "+ "Unbreakable Gathering Tools" combo. I wondered for days how they should work together and thanks to @Tanner that confirmed my thoughts in theory.

>

> ISSUE:

> The double clicking seem excessive and unnecessary, especially if you have many characters and are swooping between them multiple times a day. The manual swapping around is a turn off for players. @Anet if you are listening....

>

> Have to agree the "Unbreakable Gathering Tools" is kinda ugly. Been reading about "glyphs" so how much will "glyphs" cost in the game? I would presume they are skins like the glider skin and pet skin that can be swapped at will??

>

> I would also presume the "Unbreakable Gathering Tools" gathers more? But how much more really, 20%? 30%?

Here is a link to wiki about Glyph that can be used on each infinite tool.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_(upgrade)

Wiki should also have price taken from TP, so you can see which is which and how much.

In Lion's Arch (in Armstice Bastion - pass and probably other passes also have this NPC vendor for gathering tools) you will find a vendor that sell exactly same tools for Karma, if you only want to find out which is best for you.

Glyph of Industry (fastest gathering) is among the most expensive one at TP as a glyph. When you search on TP look for "packaged goods" as those are sold in their container (when you take them out of container they will become account bound).

When you buy Infinite tools make sure they come with glyph. Skyscape hatchling version have Reaper glyph already equipped and I find it the most useful as you harvest plant and herbs very fast in one go. The animation is also smal and doesn't take much time to finish compared to Unbound Magic version.

It is smart to keep special Karma version for cases when you want be fast like Industry in DWC as you don't want to take too much time while the rest of group is going to next camp.

Tomorrow Shared inv. slot should be on sale with 30 % reduction.

Agreed with @"Khisanth.2948" that it is still too much of a hassle..

@"kharmin.7683" hm thank god you are not Anet. You will try to sell that to all my characters. And guess who's buying?

I would go one more to say I hate moving these things on every change. It give no value other then save some slots and repurchase of tools. To casual player @"kharmin.7683" 5 sec is per change. You forgot to ungear another +5s. And then swop player for server to load back up +10s and then assign to next player another +5s so do your maths? Per complete swap 20s. Now just 2 swaps and it is easily 40 s. I am afraid your information is misleading and inaccurate.

Ok, so let's make the tools account bound and always accessible by any character on the account at any time. Or.... since we don't have time, let's just make it so that your character can simply pass by a node and get the resource without needing tools at all. Or, better yet, since we're just that lazy, how about when you enter a map you automatically get all of the resources available on that map. Heck, let's make that free, too, so that we don't have to pay Anet any money at all. If the game is truly free to play, then everything should be free.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Ok, so let's make the tools account bound and always accessible by any character on the account at any time. Or.... since we don't have time, let's just make it so that your character can simply pass by a node and get the resource without needing tools at all. Or, better yet, since we're just that lazy, how about when you enter a map you automatically get all of the resources available on that map. Heck, let's make that free, too, so that we don't have to pay Anet any money at all. If the game is truly free to play, then everything should be free.

You mean kinda like this one?

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Ok, so let's make the tools account bound and always accessible by any character on the account at any time. Or.... since we don't have time, let's just make it so that your character can simply pass by a node and get the resource without needing tools at all. Or, better yet, since we're just that lazy, how about when you enter a map you automatically get all of the resources available on that map. Heck, let's make that free, too, so that we don't have to pay Anet any money at all. If the game is truly free to play, then everything should be free.

No that is just too casual and spoiling fun for gamers. Just minor edit suggestion excuse me not game wide destruction.. I thank god you are not Anet. Maybe u should apply at Anet and tell them what suggestion to implement and what not.

> @"medivh.4725" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Ok, so let's make the tools account bound and always accessible by any character on the account at any time. Or.... since we don't have time, let's just make it so that your character can simply pass by a node and get the resource without needing tools at all. Or, better yet, since we're just that lazy, how about when you enter a map you automatically get all of the resources available on that map. Heck, let's make that free, too, so that we don't have to pay Anet any money at all. If the game is truly free to play, then everything should be free.

>

> No that is just too casual and spoiling fun for gamers. Just minor edit suggestion excuse me not game wide destruction.. I thank god you are not Anet. Maybe u should apply at Anet and tell them what suggestion to implement and what not.

My wish is that they can be equipped just like mounts.

> @"medivh.4725" said:

> > Ok, so let's make the tools account bound and always accessible by any character on the account at any time. Or.... since we don't have time, let's just make it so that your character can simply pass by a node and get the resource without needing tools at all. Or, better yet, since we're just that lazy, how about when you enter a map you automatically get all of the resources available on that map. Heck, let's make that free, too, so that we don't have to pay Anet any money at all. If the game is truly free to play, then everything should be free.

>

> No that is just too casual and spoiling fun for gamers. Just minor edit suggestion excuse me not game wide destruction.. I thank god you are not Anet. Maybe u should apply at Anet and tell them what suggestion to implement and what not.

Why is it too casual? I'm certain that there would be some players who would welcome this type of change.

And I could say the same about you: I'm glad that you are not Anet because I don't prefer your suggestion. I'm not sure why you keep saying this about me.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Why is it too casual? I'm certain that there would be some players who would welcome this type of change.

Is there still a point where you log in and then everything is done already for you? I don't know what game is there left to play yah. Imagine all the villains are dead and the fighting done for you. What is there still a point

@"kharmin.7683" easy, because in game features not really a democracy where we vote. It is Anet team decides. Not some player deciding. :-)

> @"medivh.4725" said:

>

That is not too far from some mobile games where you can basically tell the game play on their own. What is the point? I don't know since I wouldn't do that but given those game's success I assume there are more than enough people who are interested.

There are 2 options that would make the permanent tools way better for the full account.

Using the legendary armory that is supposed to come and tag the permanent tools as a legendary so you can pop all the tools you need on all characters or adding special shared slots for tools, like that UI bug that happened a while ago an had 3 slots under the normal slots, so you pop your gathering tools in there and forget about the hassle of unequipping them putting them in the bank or shared slots then changing character and equipping them , then repeating that over and over that is just annoying and you have payed pretty penny to don't have deal with dealing with tools.