Open world Legendary armor collections [SUGGESTION]

Zehs.4037

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> what does it take away from the game to give Open World PVE a legendary armor set?

Nothing. I'm not against making a Legendary Armor set that is acquired in PVE outside Raids. My point was against the argument of them being separate modes used excursively as a means to request another version of Legendary Armor through Open World PVE. All I'm saying is that if they are truly separate modes then those "other modes", like Raids and Fractals, also need access to what Open World PVE has, in that example Legendary Weapons (or at least the precursors).

I wouldn't mind all "modes" getting their fair share of legendary item types (different skins), but that works both ways. Maybe Gen 3 Legendary precursors will be acquired from Strikes, if they get really popular.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > what does it take away from the game to give Open World PVE a legendary armor set?

>

> Nothing. I'm not against making a Legendary Armor set that is acquired in PVE outside Raids. My point was against the argument of them being separate modes used excursively as a means to request another version of Legendary Armor through Open World PVE. All I'm saying is that if they are truly separate modes then those "other modes", like Raids and Fractals, also need access to what Open World PVE has, in that example Legendary Weapons (or at least the precursors).

>

> I wouldn't mind all "modes" getting their fair share of legendary item types (different skins), but that works both ways. Maybe Gen 3 Legendary precursors will be acquired from Strikes, if they get really popular.

Access to what other modes have is what stripped alot of the apeal of farminf dungeons when they introduced all their cosmetics in reward tracks.

I think diff parts of the game offering different rewards (or diff looking rewards in this case) is completely fine and add to each content's longevity.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> Please no.

> I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

>

> I think it is enough.

>

Why do you care? I mean congratulations you're an elite player who can snooze through raids. Does it really matter if others can obtain it and how its obtained? I got mine through WvW but again....why do you or anyone else care how its obtained? I'll never understand it lol...

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > As long as the skin is different why does it matter if there's a you've done a lot of collections legendary armor? The raid specific one will still remain unique.

>

> Maybe, since they are separate modes, they should add the next generation of legendary weapons (when they finally appear) as future Raid/Fractal rewards, if it's a different skin then what's the problem?

>

I'd have no problem if they introduced a set of legendary weapons that required raids/fractals.

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> NO!

>

> Open world content is the easiest, most rewarding content in the game; there is nothing that can't be zerged-down and you want to give it legendary armour too? World map completion gives you a part of a legendary weapon, that's what level it's at, and i think that's entirely appropriate.

Getting the time to effort ratio right is the tricky part due to that disparity in difficulty between raids and open world. I'd also be fine if they just had the QoL on them and had no visual difference from non-legendary armor as part of the trade off between the two parts of PvE.

And the first step would have to be something like purchase a tome that unlocks the achievement - no being able to just get it accidentally.

I'm sure everyone in favor of open world legendary armor already crafted couple legendary weapons and backpieces together with 3 legendary trinkets. I'm sure you have gold left to craft entire set of legendary armor right? On top of that - you will definitely utilize the capabilities of this creation. It will represents the pinnacle of your achievements in the game. Such as pressing F after tarir meta or pressing auto-attack on a world boss. We wouldn't want this to be too hard since this would defeat the purpose right? Because 3 sets of the armor from each gamemode is not enough - we will ask the devs to waste their time and money to make the 4th. Let's do it! :D

Seems consistent to me, lw gave legendary accessories, raids pof raids gave ring, hot raids gave armor, fractals gave backpeice, crafting gives sigils and runes, and the entire core (dungeons, openworld and wvw) game gave weapons. Every game mode has its own reward, which you have to complete all modes to get purple in every hole. The only exception to this is the backpiece, which has three unique options which are all legendary with matching gliders.

Remember legendary armor in wvw and pvp are not really legendary skins, but just upgraded functionality. They do not advance the envoy achievement.

Honestly what has the shortest end of the stick is pvp, with no unique legendary rewards. Instead wasting dev time on adding more rewards to a mode that already has a ton of rewards to it, spvp really need a unique legendary reward. Maybe legendary ring 2 because raid develope has been axed, or the amulet. Vial of salt could be a precursor that can be upgraded to full legendary status.

> @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> Honestly what has the shortest end of the stick is pvp, with no unique legendary rewards. Instead wasting dev time on adding more rewards to a mode that already has a ton of rewards to it, spvp really need a unique legendary reward. Maybe legendary ring 2 because raid develope has been axed, or the amulet.

Why would you create a legendary reward such as an amulet or ring for a game mode that doesn't leverage it at all?

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> The fact that supporters of this idea try to tell you that OW and raids aren't part of the same game mode should give you a clear idea of it's value.

>

> This is just another thread of people looking for the top rewards from PvE (Legendary Armor) without doing it's hardest content (raids).

They are part of the same mode. I'm not arguing for it.

But I wouldn't be unhappy if they put in open world PvE legendaries as long as they take an obscene amount of time to obtain. Like I would say that you'd have to really really really hate raids to not want to decide to go that route.

I also wouldn't be unhappy if they don't.

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> You can get/make an ascended set of gear and skin them however you want; you can also change their stats to any available combination. OW pve does not deserve legendary gear.

Who are you to say what it "deserves"?

Legendary armor should have been craftable from the get-go, right alongside the weapons.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Funky.4861" said:

> > NO!

> >

> > Open world content is the easiest, most rewarding content in the game; there is nothing that can't be zerged-down and you want to give it legendary armour too? World map completion gives you a part of a legendary weapon, that's what level it's at, and i think that's entirely appropriate.

>

> Raids are so easy i can give someone gold and have them do it for me, in fact its not even that bad, 500g gives all the collections, and then i can just pay for weekly paths and obtain it that way, its not terribly expensive. WVWs armor can be obtained by doing nothing but zerg content. PVPs is the only armour that would be truly considered legendary by your logic.

If it is so easy, why are you complaining about not having it for open world ?

> @"PeerlessArch.6547" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > Please no.

> > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> >

> > I think it is enough.

> >

> Why do you care? I mean congratulations you're an elite player who can snooze through raids. Does it really matter if others can obtain it and how its obtained? I got mine through WvW but again....why do you or anyone else care how its obtained? I'll never understand it lol...

I don’t own the legendary armor. I don’t even play fractals and I am still at the start of level 2 after more than 6 years. I don’t play PvP, I don’t play raids and I don’t even play WvW. So please stop making wild assumptions about me.

Yet by playing only open world, I am still able to gain AP, I am still able to get mastery points to play the game efficiently and I am still able to unlock skins on a regular basis.

There is just no point suggesting the devs to come up with a way to gain LA in open world. I pretty much have all the necessary and interesting rewards available just by playing one third of one game mode because you know open world is already the best value you are going to get out of this game as it is pretty much the only content that gets quite regurlaly updated.

If people want more out of the game, they should definitely get into instanced content and use the strike missions as a tool to get into the raiding scene. Like I said before, at this point this is pure laziness.

And you know what ? It is ok to be lazy. The game allows you to be lazy because it is just the ultimate casual game out there that allows you to have fun without any pressure whatsoever.

However for all the laziness that you could muster and yet still get cool looking skins, let the raids have its own unique rewards as it will still be considered end game content for most players that are not necessarily the type of players who only play one game mode. And please let the raids retain the little value that it got because out of perspective of someone who is only playing /interested in instanced endgame content, I would imagine that the value you get out of the game is just so weak that this type of players should rather play FF14 or WoW.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > Please no.

> > > > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > > > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > > > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > > > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> > > >

> > > > I think it is enough.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

> >

> > Hate to break it to you but raids are actually PvE.

>

> Open world and instanced content isn't the same.

And yet they provide the same experience: a group of players fighting mobs.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > Please no.

> > > > > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > > > > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > > > > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > > > > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think it is enough.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

> > >

> > > Hate to break it to you but raids are actually PvE.

> >

> > Open world and instanced content isn't the same.

>

> And yet they provide the same experience: a group of players fighting mobs.

Nope. OW is actual MMO content, while instanced content is just lobby based, nothing massively about that.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Funky.4861" said:

> > NO!

> >

> > Open world content is the easiest, most rewarding content in the game; there is nothing that can't be zerged-down and you want to give it legendary armour too? World map completion gives you a part of a legendary weapon, that's what level it's at, and i think that's entirely appropriate.

>

> Raids are so easy i can give someone gold and have them do it for me, in fact its not even that bad, 500g gives all the collections, and then i can just pay for weekly paths and obtain it that way, its not terribly expensive. WVWs armor can be obtained by doing nothing but zerg content. PVPs is the only armour that would be truly considered legendary by your logic.

Good luck spending 30+ hours/weekly if youre a low ranked wvw fella to get maximum skirmish tickets per week. On a game mode you dont even like.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> Who are you to say what it "deserves"?

>

> Legendary armor should have been craftable from the get-go, right alongside the weapons.

Legendary armour is much more complicated to make than legendary weapons in terms of dev resources (number of items, animations, clipping, dye channels, attachment points etc) so it's no wonder to me that it took until HoT expac for them to be ready for release. In player terms it's also quite a step-up in effort to acquire from ascended gear; that step-up can be achieved in pvp/wvw because players don't follow scripts like mobs do. In OW, the challenge simply isn't there if you discount raids/fracs because anything which causes difficulty you can ask for help in mapchat and people will come- that's what i mean when i say OW doesn't deserve lege armour.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > Please no.

> > > > > > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > > > > > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > > > > > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > > > > > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think it is enough.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

> > > >

> > > > Hate to break it to you but raids are actually PvE.

> > >

> > > Open world and instanced content isn't the same.

> >

> > And yet they provide the same experience: a group of players fighting mobs.

>

> Nope. OW is actual MMO content, while instanced content is just lobby based, nothing massively about that.

And yet in any other MMO raids are considered PvE. So tell me, why should it be different for GW2 ?

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > Please no.

> > > > > > > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > > > > > > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > > > > > > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > > > > > > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think it is enough.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hate to break it to you but raids are actually PvE.

> > > >

> > > > Open world and instanced content isn't the same.

> > >

> > > And yet they provide the same experience: a group of players fighting mobs.

> >

> > Nope. OW is actual MMO content, while instanced content is just lobby based, nothing massively about that.

>

> And yet in any other MMO raids are considered PvE. So tell me, why should it be different for GW2 ?

I'm not saying it's not PvE, i'm saying it has nothing to do with the massively part of an MMORPG.

WvW and SPvP are both PvP gamemodes, yet they aren't the same, they don't provide the same experience. Same goes for OW and Raids. I would even go so far and say Fractals/Dungeons and Raids are different gamemodes.

Squares and rectangles are both quadrilaterals/quadrangles, yet they aren't the same.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > Please no.

> > > > > > > > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > > > > > > > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > > > > > > > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > > > > > > > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think it is enough.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hate to break it to you but raids are actually PvE.

> > > > >

> > > > > Open world and instanced content isn't the same.

> > > >

> > > > And yet they provide the same experience: a group of players fighting mobs.

> > >

> > > Nope. OW is actual MMO content, while instanced content is just lobby based, nothing massively about that.

> >

> > And yet in any other MMO raids are considered PvE. So tell me, why should it be different for GW2 ?

>

> I'm not saying it's not PvE, i'm saying it has nothing to do with the massively part of an MMORPG.

> WvW and SPvP are both PvP gamemodes, yet they aren't the same, they don't provide the same experience. Same goes for OW and Raids. I would even go so far and say Fractals/Dungeons and Raids are different gamemodes.

>

> Squares and rectangles are both quadrilaterals/quadrangles, yet they aren't the same.

Nice semantics, except it doesn’t explain why open world should get legendary armor. Guess what ?raids, fractals, dungeons, strike missions and even visions of the past (in the near future) are PvE.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > > Please no.

> > > > > > > > > I mean, at this point it is sheer laziness. Take a look at what they have been doing to make legendary armor more accessible over the recent years:

> > > > > > > > > -they made legendary armor accessible to all game modes

> > > > > > > > > -they created 10 man easy content for players just so that we can have an easier time getting into 10 man content

> > > > > > > > > And taking into account all of that, they also made the effort to create the build templates which actually made legendary armor even less relevant.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I think it is enough.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Time i learned open world pve(the only place that doesnt have it own armor set) isnt a game mode.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hate to break it to you but raids are actually PvE.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Open world and instanced content isn't the same.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yet they provide the same experience: a group of players fighting mobs.

> > > >

> > > > Nope. OW is actual MMO content, while instanced content is just lobby based, nothing massively about that.

> > >

> > > And yet in any other MMO raids are considered PvE. So tell me, why should it be different for GW2 ?

> >

> > I'm not saying it's not PvE, i'm saying it has nothing to do with the massively part of an MMORPG.

> > WvW and SPvP are both PvP gamemodes, yet they aren't the same, they don't provide the same experience. Same goes for OW and Raids. I would even go so far and say Fractals/Dungeons and Raids are different gamemodes.

> >

> > Squares and rectangles are both quadrilaterals/quadrangles, yet they aren't the same.

>

> Nice semantics, except it doesn’t explain why open world should get legendary armor. Guess what ?raids, fractals, dungeons, strike missions and even visions of the past (in the near future) are PvE.

Yeah, and guess what, PvP and WvW both have legendary armors. I'm not sure what you're arguing here, because you don't make sense. The reason is simple: every gamemode should have full legendary sets.