Is Cantha being built with mounts in mind??

There is a lot of speculation about underwater content and in light of the recent skimmer underwater skill release, I don't see any other reason for this QoL update except for the new expansion. IMO, there isn't enough current underwater content/areas to justify this new feature. Thus, I believe EXP3 will have allowances for mounts.

Assuming it will be, Is there a particular reason why after 3 years? You are unable to perches pof? If so then u wont be able to afford the new xpac neither lol. (Sorry, didn't mean you personally but anyone who dosnt have pof)

I do remember doing some of the story with the inflicted and there was a lot of high places.

> @"Fingolfin.8635" said:

> Will Cantha be built with mounts in mind? or will it exist as a stand alone expansion. If you don't have the mounts you aren't in inconvenience. Or will mounts make it much more convenient?

It'll likely tread a balance. It wont be made for mounts because the mounts are from a diff expac, but the design will prob keep in mind that players do indeed have them. It certainly wont be standalone or in a bubble. Ultimately mounts will be a convenience thing - Cantha is here because people wanted it here and they've shaped their overarching story based on player feedback so it went through places like Cantha (as they did with Elona). They aren't going to gate things behind earlier content because a lot of players will be returning for it and want to jump straight in

As for the UW skimmer, well it'll likely get uses, but it's just made for the anniversary as a fun, cool thing based on feedback and is tied to PoF anyway. It'll no doubt have some use out in the Jade Sea though

> @"jungsowon.2074" said:

> Cantha will be submerged underwater, hence the requirement for the underwater mount. I'm calling it now.

With instances between towns/zones in some sort of air bubble, but traveling between needing underwater mounts or some elevator to the surface and then skyscale or some other over land option.

I just hope the GW2 devs have paid attention to events in a certain other game that introduced flying later in its development and can manage to avoid making the same blunders. Given flying isn't available to everyone it should remain a convenience, but not one that gives flyers an overwhelming advantage.

And to be clear I'm not saying they shouldn't make content that requires flying. What I am saying is that if they should decide to then they need to make accommodations for those players without flying mounts. (Perhaps through a free rental that only works in the designated area or some other temporary ability.)

Have recent maps been designed with mounts in mind? Stuff like Springer jump high walls aside, I think they struck a pretty good balance so far.

I'm just worried that there won't be any really cool 'hidden' spots because mounts just literally break every single barrier that used to just being situatied on a mountain top or stuff. I hope they can make locations that feel like being able to just get there without any effort doesn't detract from it.

I hope not i really hated HOTs vertical game play.. And while mounts are handy they should not deem game play, also a lot of people hate how underwater combat feels and plays..

> @"jungsowon.2074" said:

> Cantha will be submerged underwater, hence the requirement for the underwater mount. I'm calling it now.

Why it wasn't underwater when we left it, ruining a whole expansion with totally underwater combat will not end well..

> @"Fingolfin.8635" said:

> Will Cantha be built with mounts in mind? or will it exist as a stand alone expansion. If you don't have the mounts you aren't in inconvenience. Or will mounts make it much more convenient?

They should re-release mounts with it imo, with different skins.

So for example, the Canthan skimmer could have a moray skin, and the Canthan jackal could have a kirin skin.

If you don't own PoF, no problem, you can unlock mounts again. If you already own PoF, well, new extra mount skins you can earn by playing the game.

Best solution imo. Same for gliders and other systems.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> There is a lot of speculation about underwater content and in light of the recent skimmer underwater skill release, I don't see any other reason for this QoL update except for the new expansion. IMO, there isn't enough current underwater content/areas to justify this new feature. Thus, I believe EXP3 will have allowances for mounts.

I also think along these lines as well.

Another thing that caught my eye was during the Skimmer quest one of the NPC's talked about how the thief was going to or planning to ride Skimmers from Amnoon to Lions Arch.. specifically across the ocean despite the currents and dangers.

This to me might be a hint that we haven't seen the last of this Skimmer Thief yet and that Anet might be setting us up for an off coast water/island map in the near future.

It's also got me wondering if our trip to Cantha won't be by airship or boat but we'll actually ride our Skimmers over there or something.

Unlikely but perhaps we'll start on a ship and end up crashing somwhere off the coast of Cantha and have to go the rest of the way on Skimmerback.

This could set us up with a nice largely water map as the last living world map before the expansion drops or something.

The only thing im really concerned about is the UW combat.. if more water content is coming and I so hope it is.. we really needs some upgrades to Underwater combat.

There is a very poor lack of skills and builds that can be used there right now.. we really need more weapons and more usable utility/elite skills underwater.

> @"Croc.1978" said:

> Well, expect a lot of flak mobs shooting you off your Skimmer/Skyscale from 5000 clicks away.

>

> Kinda like Drizzlewood.

Don't forget mobs with a 5000 yd aggro radius that summon every mob from another 5000 yd radius, and never reset.

Oh, and 5 hidden mobs on every ledge too.