Anyone Hoping For A Support Warrior Spec?

MatyrGustav.6210

> @"Aaron.1294" said:

> @"draxynnic" controling ur enemyt espec in teamfights is a form of supporting them. Spellbreaker is literally the only class dat has unblockable daze cc on 8 sec cd. CONTROLING UR ENEMY IS A FORM OF SUPPORTING UR TEAMMATES. Espec bcuz CCs don't deal dmg. Jeeez...

That's not how ArenaNet defines it. They're hard to find now, but there were blogs before the game released where they talked about their roles.

The roles are damage, control, and support. Damage is bringing down the enemy's health bar. Control is anything that inhibits the enemy that isn't actually damage (and ArenaNet considered tanking to be a crude form of control, which is probably part of why control specs also tend to be tanky). Support is healing or buffing your allies.

Sure, good control certainly makes things easier for your team, but it is not classified as support. And while in an sPvP environment a good control can alleviate the need for support, that's not true in other modes.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aaron.1294" said:

> Guys,do u rly want to make warr even more boring than it is now? W/E

Boring **for you**, maybe. Question is, what role do you want the third warrior elite spec to fill? Damage? Already there with the berserker elite spec. Tank? Already there with spellbreaker.

According to Anet's very own seperation of elite spec niches, warrior has 2 of 3 roles filled. What is missing is a support elite spec to give players the option to fill that playstyle with their warriors. You might personally not like it, but that just means that this elite spec simply isn't for you.

@"Aaron.1294" Thats what i said.. we allready get banners for Support side. But thats what i want to be nerfed removed ... ik. Give me some thing Support wise to use it aktive and not like banners passive. All I was saying I would love to see Banners nerfed to idk useless?? And they bring a new Support E-spec that work like banners but with more active play ...... so basicly give me a paragon spec with staff and skills to boost my groub with comands instead of boons.

As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

> @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

>

> And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

It is just that warrior is lacking in roaming right now. Berserker is unviable, or super tight to play with (and that's for 1v1 situations almost strictly), and Core shares the same build as spellbreaker. Not enough buildcraft. So a warrior spec which does well only as a support in wvw would not be seen as a fun option to many warrior mains (I've asked at least 20 warriors in the past 2 weeks and they all replied with a no to a pure support role). It's clearly subjective and won't affect Anet's decision though, so it's pretty pointless to have any arguments about whether people will like it or not. As long as Defence gets buffed to match the compatibility of Strength, Tactics and Discipline and as long as Arms get reworked in a more general damage role with perks for the warrior (not used only in gunflame builds) I won't rly care, cause the existing specs and Core will see new builds coming up.

> > @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

> >

> > And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

>

> It is just that warrior is lacking in roaming right now. Berserker is unviable, or super tight to play with (and that's for 1v1 situations almost strictly), and Core shares the same build as spellbreaker. Not enough buildcraft. So a warrior spec which does well only as a support in wvw would not be seen as a fun option to many warrior mains (I've asked at least 20 warriors in the past 2 weeks and they all replied with a no to a pure support role). It's clearly subjective and won't affect Anet's decision though, so it's pretty pointless to have any arguments about whether people will like it or not. As long as Defence gets buffed to match the compatibility of Strength, Tactics and Discipline and as long as Arms get reworked in a more general damage role with perks for the warrior (not used only in gunflame builds) I won't rly care, cause the existing specs and Core will see new builds coming up.

I solo'd two mesmers (Mirage and a Chrono) at North camp in Alpine yesterday with my Berserker, never dropped below 30% hp the entire fight. Had a fun time ripping them apart. Roaming is what you make it out to be, small tweaks to your setup can have surprising results and get you victories where you would have been defeated before.

Any support spec would also have viable DPS within it for at least one of the game modes. Strength+Arms or Strength+Discipline together would be enough to create a DPS with whatever personal DPS the new spec brings.

Besides its not like Ranger and Guardian didn't have 'support' skills prior to Druid and Firebrand, so having things like shouts or banners does not preclude Warrior getting a support espec.

You are right @"Grand Marshal.4098" that Defense needs to be fixed and that Arms needs a strong rework though, hopefully before EoD goes live.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

> > >

> > > And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

> >

> > It is just that warrior is lacking in roaming right now. Berserker is unviable, or super tight to play with (and that's for 1v1 situations almost strictly), and Core shares the same build as spellbreaker. Not enough buildcraft. So a warrior spec which does well only as a support in wvw would not be seen as a fun option to many warrior mains (I've asked at least 20 warriors in the past 2 weeks and they all replied with a no to a pure support role). It's clearly subjective and won't affect Anet's decision though, so it's pretty pointless to have any arguments about whether people will like it or not. As long as Defence gets buffed to match the compatibility of Strength, Tactics and Discipline and as long as Arms get reworked in a more general damage role with perks for the warrior (not used only in gunflame builds) I won't rly care, cause the existing specs and Core will see new builds coming up.

>

> I solo'd two mesmers (Mirage and a Chrono) at North camp in Alpine yesterday with my Berserker, never dropped below 30% hp the entire fight. Had a fun time ripping them apart. Roaming is what you make it out to be, small tweaks to your setup can have surprising results and get you victories where you would have been defeated before.

>

> Any support spec would also have viable DPS within it for at least one of the game modes. Strength+Arms or Strength+Discipline together would be enough to create a DPS with whatever personal DPS the new spec brings.

>

> Besides its not like Ranger and Guardian didn't have 'support' skills prior to Druid and Firebrand, so having things like shouts or banners does not preclude Warrior getting a support espec.

>

> You are right @"Grand Marshal.4098" that Defense needs to be fixed and that Arms needs a strong rework though, hopefully before EoD goes live.

I also run Berserker roamer cause it's fun tbh. Pop that Berserker stance on berserk mode with decapitate spam after some cc chain and you got some easy kills. But Berserker does not survive as long as core does in fights despite Savage Instinct unfortunately. I wonder if for the new spec they stick to the original 3 bars of adrenalie, so Cleansing Ire and Berserker's Power can be more useful again.

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> > > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > > As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

> > > >

> > > > And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

> > >

> > > It is just that warrior is lacking in roaming right now. Berserker is unviable, or super tight to play with (and that's for 1v1 situations almost strictly), and Core shares the same build as spellbreaker. Not enough buildcraft. So a warrior spec which does well only as a support in wvw would not be seen as a fun option to many warrior mains (I've asked at least 20 warriors in the past 2 weeks and they all replied with a no to a pure support role). It's clearly subjective and won't affect Anet's decision though, so it's pretty pointless to have any arguments about whether people will like it or not. As long as Defence gets buffed to match the compatibility of Strength, Tactics and Discipline and as long as Arms get reworked in a more general damage role with perks for the warrior (not used only in gunflame builds) I won't rly care, cause the existing specs and Core will see new builds coming up.

> >

> > I solo'd two mesmers (Mirage and a Chrono) at North camp in Alpine yesterday with my Berserker, never dropped below 30% hp the entire fight. Had a fun time ripping them apart. Roaming is what you make it out to be, small tweaks to your setup can have surprising results and get you victories where you would have been defeated before.

> >

> > Any support spec would also have viable DPS within it for at least one of the game modes. Strength+Arms or Strength+Discipline together would be enough to create a DPS with whatever personal DPS the new spec brings.

> >

> > Besides its not like Ranger and Guardian didn't have 'support' skills prior to Druid and Firebrand, so having things like shouts or banners does not preclude Warrior getting a support espec.

> >

> > You are right @"Grand Marshal.4098" that Defense needs to be fixed and that Arms needs a strong rework though, hopefully before EoD goes live.

>

> I also run Berserker roamer cause it's fun tbh. Pop that Berserker stance on berserk mode with decapitate spam after some cc chain and you got some easy kills. But Berserker does not survive as long as core does in fights despite Savage Instinct unfortunately. I wonder if for the new spec they stick to the original 3 bars of adrenalie, so Cleansing Ire and Berserker's Power can be more useful again.

Try Some different runes on your Berserker. Durability runes are quite nice on the spec, also Dead or Alive is a nice healing boost to MMR, MM, and Vigorous Shouts.

I suspect that they will go the Spellbreaker route and have a new F2 (hopefully OH bursts in that case) or that they will go the Renegade route with F1 being T1 core bursts and F2, F3, and F4 being some sort of AoE party buffs that may or may not be boons with none sharing cooldowns, and only 10 adrenaline being consumed per use.

That last one may be best since then you could blow all the buffs for the T3 Cleansing Ire, Berserker's Power, and Adrenal Health so long as they make so that merely consuming adrenaline activates them (at least for the new espec).

> > > As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

> >

> > And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

>

> It is just that warrior is lacking in roaming right now. Berserker is unviable, or super tight to play with (and that's for 1v1 situations almost strictly), and Core shares the same build as spellbreaker. Not enough buildcraft. So a warrior spec which does well only as a support in wvw would not be seen as a fun option to many warrior mains (I've asked at least 20 warriors in the past 2 weeks and they all replied with a no to a pure support role). It's clearly subjective and won't affect Anet's decision though, so it's pretty pointless to have any arguments about whether people will like it or not. As long as Defence gets buffed to match the compatibility of Strength, Tactics and Discipline and as long as Arms get reworked in a more general damage role with perks for the warrior (not used only in gunflame builds) I won't rly care, cause the existing specs and Core will see new builds coming up.

That's a fair observation, I'd have to admit - the support-oriented specs don't seem to be doing well in the roaming meta at the moment (except druid, interestingly) - possibly because they often rely on fields and otherwise have relatively static playstyles. I'd probably attribute that to core/spellbreaker/berserker not doing as well as it should, though - buffs to the core lines, as you say, would probably be a more appropriate response to that problem.

(Although I do have to wonder if the way adrenaline works might be part of the problem. I wouldn't call myself an expert roamer, but what experience I do have in roaming battles is that with the wide open spaces available, usually you need to be able to dump a lot of damage on a target at short notice to have any real chance at bringing them down. Since adrenaline requires a buildup and decays quickly out of combat, it can be difficult to use against an opponent who's willing to keep resetting the fight until they get a perfect engage. Maybe there's room for a variant which has weaker adrenaline, but can start combat with at least one bar without blowing a potentially important cooldown to do it?)

> @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> > > > As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

> > >

> > > And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

> >

> > It is just that warrior is lacking in roaming right now. Berserker is unviable, or super tight to play with (and that's for 1v1 situations almost strictly), and Core shares the same build as spellbreaker. Not enough buildcraft. So a warrior spec which does well only as a support in wvw would not be seen as a fun option to many warrior mains (I've asked at least 20 warriors in the past 2 weeks and they all replied with a no to a pure support role). It's clearly subjective and won't affect Anet's decision though, so it's pretty pointless to have any arguments about whether people will like it or not. As long as Defence gets buffed to match the compatibility of Strength, Tactics and Discipline and as long as Arms get reworked in a more general damage role with perks for the warrior (not used only in gunflame builds) I won't rly care, cause the existing specs and Core will see new builds coming up.

>

> That's a fair observation, I'd have to admit - the support-oriented specs don't seem to be doing well in the roaming meta at the moment (except druid, interestingly) - possibly because they often rely on fields and otherwise have relatively static playstyles. I'd probably attribute that to core/spellbreaker/berserker not doing as well as it should, though - buffs to the core lines, as you say, would probably be a more appropriate response to that problem.

Arms and Defense need to be revamped at this point. All the warrior specs would benefit from that and would roam better as a result.

> (Although I do have to wonder if the way adrenaline works might be part of the problem. I wouldn't call myself an expert roamer, but what experience I do have in roaming battles is that with the wide open spaces available, usually you need to be able to dump a lot of damage on a target at short notice to have any real chance at bringing them down. Since adrenaline requires a buildup and decays quickly out of combat, it can be difficult to use against an opponent who's willing to keep resetting the fight until they get a perfect engage. Maybe there's room for a variant which has weaker adrenaline, but can start combat with at least one bar without blowing a potentially important cooldown to do it?)

That depends partially on what traits you take. There are very good adrenaline gain traits, but are either in a outdated traitline (Furious in Arms), or compete directly with a very important sustain/dps trait (Merciless Hammer in Strength, the CD is against defiance bars not players FYI).

If you can live without MMR (literally), and have enough damage to justify not taking Berserker's power, then Merciless Hammer is hands down the best way to gain adrenaline as a warrior of any spec. If you hit three people with Earthshaker, then you get 30 Adrenaline back, ditto for any of the other AoE CCs or CCs that cleave.

If the new espec gives F2-F4 as support 'bursts' then Merciless Hammer will become a very important skill to fuel adrenaline.

As much as I want Rifle to have more damage, it is a great secondary weapon to keep building adrenaline when someone kites you, in addition to limiting their ability to kite. That and an easy 24 stacks of vulnerability, and Volley to force out dodges before you spike them again.

> > > > @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> > > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > > As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

> > > >

> > > > And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

> > >

> > > It is just that warrior is lacking in roaming right now. Berserker is unviable, or super tight to play with (and that's for 1v1 situations almost strictly), and Core shares the same build as spellbreaker. Not enough buildcraft. So a warrior spec which does well only as a support in wvw would not be seen as a fun option to many warrior mains (I've asked at least 20 warriors in the past 2 weeks and they all replied with a no to a pure support role). It's clearly subjective and won't affect Anet's decision though, so it's pretty pointless to have any arguments about whether people will like it or not. As long as Defence gets buffed to match the compatibility of Strength, Tactics and Discipline and as long as Arms get reworked in a more general damage role with perks for the warrior (not used only in gunflame builds) I won't rly care, cause the existing specs and Core will see new builds coming up.

> >

> > That's a fair observation, I'd have to admit - the support-oriented specs don't seem to be doing well in the roaming meta at the moment (except druid, interestingly) - possibly because they often rely on fields and otherwise have relatively static playstyles. I'd probably attribute that to core/spellbreaker/berserker not doing as well as it should, though - buffs to the core lines, as you say, would probably be a more appropriate response to that problem.

> Arms and Defense need to be revamped at this point. All the warrior specs would benefit from that and would roam better as a result.

Can't wait for the day (if it ever comes) when I'll play an Arms, Defence Spellbreaker, or a Defence, Arms Berserker! Arms can be waaaaay more than some pure condi buffs. Something more akin to Revenant's Invocation is what I have in mind for Arms. A good merge of current Arms with Invocation features (centered around bursts) would be amazing! Arms becoming a contender with Discipline would allow for so much buildcraft!

And naturally, what we have said before about Defence. An actual defence role, with no need to use cleansing ire on hit, rather on adrenaline spending + no 5 minute CDs + meaningful trait for Stances + a revamp on major adepts and major masters (cull the weak, sundering mace etc).

If I had these changes, I would not care if the new spec did 0 damage. I would be able to make tons of new builds with the existing specs.

Edit: funny how a major adept in Invocation heals and provides stability on stunbreak, but warriors need RR to heal on stun break and Eternal Champion on Berserker for stability on stun break.

Edit 2: Ferocious Aggression and Deep Strikes, taking the respective slot of minor master in both traitlines....wth Anet...7% flat dmg modifier for Rev, +180 condi dmg for warrior...Did they confuse the traitlines or what.

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> > > > > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > > > As long as it's fun to play and allows me to solo all PvE maps i'll be fine with it being whatever tbh. The support role hindering with your capabilities is what I believe drives people off. Just because you won't be able to score kills while zerging or PvPing, doesn't mean you won't be able to do almost all PvE (aside from high end stuff).

> > > > >

> > > > > And I don't think this is necessarily going to be the case. Most of the existing support elite specs can also put out a lot of damage if they build for it, and in some cases they're better off in open world and solo content because they can self-buff.

> > > >

> > > > It is just that warrior is lacking in roaming right now. Berserker is unviable, or super tight to play with (and that's for 1v1 situations almost strictly), and Core shares the same build as spellbreaker. Not enough buildcraft. So a warrior spec which does well only as a support in wvw would not be seen as a fun option to many warrior mains (I've asked at least 20 warriors in the past 2 weeks and they all replied with a no to a pure support role). It's clearly subjective and won't affect Anet's decision though, so it's pretty pointless to have any arguments about whether people will like it or not. As long as Defence gets buffed to match the compatibility of Strength, Tactics and Discipline and as long as Arms get reworked in a more general damage role with perks for the warrior (not used only in gunflame builds) I won't rly care, cause the existing specs and Core will see new builds coming up.

> > >

> > > That's a fair observation, I'd have to admit - the support-oriented specs don't seem to be doing well in the roaming meta at the moment (except druid, interestingly) - possibly because they often rely on fields and otherwise have relatively static playstyles. I'd probably attribute that to core/spellbreaker/berserker not doing as well as it should, though - buffs to the core lines, as you say, would probably be a more appropriate response to that problem.

> > Arms and Defense need to be revamped at this point. All the warrior specs would benefit from that and would roam better as a result.

>

> Can't wait for the day (if it ever comes) when I'll play an Arms, Defence Spellbreaker, or a Defence, Arms Berserker! Arms can be waaaaay more than some pure condi buffs. Something more akin to Revenant's Invocation is what I have in mind for Arms. A good merge of current Arms with Invocation features (centered around bursts) would be amazing! Arms becoming a contender with Discipline would allow for so much buildcraft!

Arms: Mid/Top/Top

Defense: Mid/Mid/Mid

Spell: Bot/Mid/Mid or Bot

You have potentially 500 Ferocity from Arms, 50% crit against CC'd foes, and 100% crit on burst. Defense set is only really viable path, but offers more power, regen, and condi management along with extra damage reduction. Spellbreaker path is obvious in it's intent.

It's possible, just you are pigeon holed into one path each on Arms and Defense.

Arms: Top/Bot/Top

Defense: Mid/Mid/Mid

Berserker: Bot/Bot or Top/ Top

This one is less obvious since it takes condi traits from Arms and plays like a power build.

Run Viper with a few Bringer pieces, condi duration runs, Throw Bolas and a rifle. Enjoy effective 100% immobilize duration (they all round up at 97% duration) and uptime and Vulnerability. Stay on their flank to minimize return fire, Defense line for more direct mitigation of power and condi. Would work better with Tactics instead of Defense though for the extra immobs on cripple along with sword/x on the secondary set. Use condition on crit/weapon swap sigils to provide cover condis for the immob.

You can also do it with core using Strength or Discipline.

If there were a Power/Expertise/Precision/Ferocity set I'd be running that all day every day, but it can work with Viper + Bringer though you'd have to lean into the hybrid damage.

> And naturally, what we have said before about Defence. An actual defence role, with no need to use cleansing ire on hit, rather on adrenaline spending + no 5 minute CDs + meaningful trait for Stances + a revamp on major adepts and major masters (cull the weak, sundering mace etc).

>

> If I had these changes, I would not care if the new spec did 0 damage. I would be able to make tons of new builds with the existing specs.

>

> Edit: funny how a major adept in Invocation heals and provides stability on stunbreak, but warriors need RR to heal on stun break and Eternal Champion on Berserker for stability on stun break.

We really can't compare the power levels of traits across classes as they are relative to their traitline's inherent power levels, though I think that there should be some normalization across the tiers.

> Edit 2: Ferocious Aggression and Deep Strikes, taking the respective slot of minor master in both traitlines....wth Anet...7% flat dmg modifier for Rev, +180 condi dmg for warrior...Did they confuse the traitlines or what.

Well Arms was the tree that originally increased crit chance and condition damage and that identity remained with the rollout of specializations. Our Arms is more comparable to the Necro's Curses traitline.

> @"Shieldbash.5304" said:

> Spellbreaker is already disgusting and invincible practically.

Lmao wut? It's one of the weakest specs and wars one of the weakest classes currently. Although healbreaker build is crazy sustain it hits for $hit, isn't that how it should be. Just a question and no disrespect at all but how long have u been playing for?

@"Kodama.6453" U don't expect warr to be a support when u're choosing this class as ur main or W/E. If u want a support and u want to fullfill ur role as such - just play guardian. This is one of thpse things dat I don't understand. Ppl want support spec but tell me wat another elite support spec can do dat any other support variants can't? De only way to make it work is just "make just the same skill but with increased duration and decreased smthn". And we probably end up again with just a copypaste of tempest and guardian combined - just worse bcuz warr have the highest health pool and heavy armor.

> @"Aaron.1294" said:

> @"Kodama.6453" U don't expect warr to be a support when u're choosing this class as ur main or W/E. If u want a support and u want to fullfill ur role as such - just play guardian. This is one of thpse things dat I don't understand. Ppl want support spec but tell me wat another elite support spec can do dat any other support variants can't? De only way to make it work is just "make just the same skill but with increased duration and decreased smthn". And we probably end up again with just a copypaste of tempest and guardian combined - just worse bcuz warr have the highest health pool and heavy armor.

And ones usually doesn't expect Necro to be an AoE-vomiter or a melee fighter with a Greatsword.

One usually also doesn't expect a mage profession like Elementalist to be most effective in melee.

What one expects from an archetype does not matter for GW2.

> @"Aaron.1294" said:

> @"Kodama.6453" U don't expect warr to be a support when u're choosing this class as ur main or W/E. If u want a support and u want to fullfill ur role as such - just play guardian. This is one of thpse things dat I don't understand. Ppl want support spec but tell me wat another elite support spec can do dat any other support variants can't? De only way to make it work is just "make just the same skill but with increased duration and decreased smthn". And we probably end up again with just a copypaste of tempest and guardian combined - just worse bcuz warr have the highest health pool and heavy armor.

The thing is **Anet is actively fighting these expectations**.

From the very beginning, it has been Anet's self-set goal that every class will be able to fill any role. And several elite specs got added to enable specific classes to fill a role they were not able to before:

* you like the thief thematics, but want to tank for your team? Daredevil

* enjoy the dark and sadistic nature of the necromancer, but want to be a support to buff your allies? Scourge

* want to be the crafty engineer and at the same time an indestructable wall? Scrapper

It doesn't matter that you "wouldn't expect" a warrior to be a support, Anet wants you to be able to play any of the 3 main roles (dps, tank, support) with any class. Warrior already has 2 of these roles filled with their elite specs (dps -> berserker, tank -> spellbreaker), but they still don't have a support elite spec to enable this playstyle. You might not personally enjoy it, but Anet wants to provide the option for players who do.

> (they all round up at 97% duration)

Nothing rounds up. The displayed duration is rounded off, but the in-game actual duration can go into at least three decimal places. Damage conditions that don't last out the full last second cause fractional damage proportional to their duration; the final tick of a 6.6 second bleed that normally ticks 120 damage will tick for 72 damage.

I am now all in for pistol, but only when it has a smokefield :3 or give warrior in general a smokefield with the new spez in the F1's something pirate/ninja thingy. I just want a smokefield. I'd would find it funny condi stealth warrior with explo fin on bow and warhorn + leap on sword xD

or smokefield leap Axe F1 - Invis bullcharge - HB -> GS F1

What I would like to see is huge Warrior changes in basically every aspect, it failed as the realization of the class they described it as:

"Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become."

Adrenaline is a joke, as well as pretty much every burst skill Warrior has. They are slow, telegraphed and they just don't have enough of anything worth mentioning.

"...the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become." - this is a complete failure, I wish it was true, it sounds nice.

Anyhow, especs as I see them should be:

- Spellbreaker - a duelist - remove boons, CC/interrupt, evade and block, needs to have stronger sustain. For all I care, change skills and traits that AoE remove boons to not do so if that means to buff other traits and skills, Sun and Moon trait should be a core Spellbreaker effect (interrupts give you quickness, heal for % of crit dmg)

- Berserker - AoE DPS powerhouse - both condition and power builds. Rework and remove a lot of traits, so minor traits are a clear Berserker identity and major have distinctive cond/power choice and the 3rd option of hybrid spec. Burst of Aggression trait should work on hitting a target with a Burst skill too while in a berserker mode.

- New Espec - I vote for Spear - to have one-handed range option, and I would like that spec to be tank oriented, with Taunts, kinda spammable block mechanic that is using adrenaline and endurance resource management to be effective, huge endurance regen and gain (maybe even give minor endurance to Allies), AoE improved Fury boon (added 10% more critical damage)