> > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> > >

> > > That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

> >

> > And how do you know that only one subgroup has this problem?

>

> because clearly some people don't have a problem with aggro range. I don't need to know the statistics because doesn't even matter ... this game isn't designed by players voting. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are ignoring that.

>

I'm not ignoring this, I'm doing what forums are for in the first place. I share my needs with how the game could be made better for me personally. Just like everyone here does.

If you think the game is perfect as it is, you have every right to create praising threads. But I as a customer have also the right to voice my problems and discuss them.

And that the game is not designd around Players Votin I doubt strongly. The past has shown too many things that were changed positively or negatively, depending on which side you were on in the discussion.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> > > >

> > > > That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

> > >

> > > And how do you know that only one subgroup has this problem?

> >

> > because clearly some people don't have a problem with aggro range. I don't need to know the statistics because doesn't even matter ... this game isn't designed by players voting. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are ignoring that.

> >

>

> I'm not ignoring this, I'm doing what forums are for in the first place. I share my needs with how the game could be made better for me personally. Just like everyone here does.

> If you think the game is perfect as it is, you have every right to create praising threads. But I as a customer have also the right to voice my problems and discuss them.

It's not perfect ... I just have a more realistic view that aggro range isn't a problem because it doesn't prevent anyone from completing content in PoF. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's a problem that needs to be fixed. Ironically, Anet INCREASED PoF aggro range from HoT/Core ... to FIX a problem. Things that are problems aren't defined by players; it's defined by game mechanics and intent.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

> > > >

> > > > And how do you know that only one subgroup has this problem?

> > >

> > > because clearly some people don't have a problem with aggro range. I don't need to know the statistics because doesn't even matter ... this game isn't designed by players voting. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are ignoring that.

> > >

> >

> > I'm not ignoring this, I'm doing what forums are for in the first place. I share my needs with how the game could be made better for me personally. Just like everyone here does.

> > If you think the game is perfect as it is, you have every right to create praising threads. But I as a customer have also the right to voice my problems and discuss them.

>

> It's not perfect ... I just have a more realistic view that aggro range isn't a problem because it doesn't prevent anyone from completing content in PoF. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's a problem that needs to be fixed. Ironically, Anet INCREASED PoF aggro range from HoT/Core ... to FIX a problem. Things that are problems aren't defined by players; it's defined by game mechanics and intent.

uff ... is okay. You have your OPINION I have mine. I'm not going to go around in circles with you just because you think you know the entire community.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

> > > > >

> > > > > And how do you know that only one subgroup has this problem?

> > > >

> > > > because clearly some people don't have a problem with aggro range. I don't need to know the statistics because doesn't even matter ... this game isn't designed by players voting. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are ignoring that.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm not ignoring this, I'm doing what forums are for in the first place. I share my needs with how the game could be made better for me personally. Just like everyone here does.

> > > If you think the game is perfect as it is, you have every right to create praising threads. But I as a customer have also the right to voice my problems and discuss them.

> >

> > It's not perfect ... I just have a more realistic view that aggro range isn't a problem because it doesn't prevent anyone from completing content in PoF. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's a problem that needs to be fixed. Ironically, Anet INCREASED PoF aggro range from HoT/Core ... to FIX a problem. Things that are problems aren't defined by players; it's defined by game mechanics and intent.

>

> uff ... is okay. You have your OPINION I have mine. I'm not going to go around in circles with you just because you think you know the entire community.

Except I'm not giving you my opinion; the things I'm saying are facts.

It's factual that aggro range doesn't prevent people from completing content.

It's factual that some players disliking something means it's a problem.

It's factual that Anet increased Aggro range intentionally in PoF.

There isn't any circle to go around. These are facts that have to be addressed if you seriously want aggro range to be changed in PoF.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

Extended aggro ranges, in m y experience, add annoyance rather than difficulty. If I am working on a series of objectives then mobs aggroing from a distance that prevent me from getting out of combat so that I can move on to the next step is more an annoyance than anything else. Kill the extended aggro range adds and something else spawns and aggros from a distance. It is n ot the end of the world, but comes across more as an effort to slow my progress than to provide me with an interesting challenge to overcome. Were this an occasional thing, perhaps something to be planned for and overcome when facing specific foes or in a specific area, "watch out this ravine is crawling with sand eels," it might feel different (for me).

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

>

> > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

>

> Extended aggro ranges, in m y experience, add annoyance rather than difficulty. If I am working on a series of objectives then mobs aggroing from a distance that prevent me from getting out of combat so that I can move on to the next step is more an annoyance than anything else. Kill the extended aggro range adds and something else spawns and aggros from a distance. It is n ot the end of the world, but comes across more as an effort to slow my progress than to provide me with an interesting challenge to overcome. Were this an occasional thing, perhaps something to be planned for and overcome when facing specific foes or in a specific area, "watch out this ravine is crawling with sand eels," it might feel different (for me).

Yes, recognized ... I'm also annoyed by it at times because it's a departure from the rest of the game ... but that's not a problem that needs to be fixed. It's just a different approach you have to take to play that part of the game.

I think that's the kind of feedback that has value ... but let's not pretend this means PoF needs to be fixed. I think there is something there (and Anet rightly already recognizes it in the LS maps) about the relation between mobs aggro range and their dispersion in an area of a map.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > because clearly some people don't have a problem with aggro range. I don't need to know the statistics because doesn't even matter ... this game isn't designed by players voting. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are ignoring that.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm not ignoring this, I'm doing what forums are for in the first place. I share my needs with how the game could be made better for me personally. Just like everyone here does.

> > > If you think the game is perfect as it is, you have every right to create praising threads. But I as a customer have also the right to voice my problems and discuss them.

> >

> > It's not perfect ... I just have a more realistic view that aggro range isn't a problem because it doesn't prevent anyone from completing content in PoF. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's a problem that needs to be fixed. Ironically, Anet INCREASED PoF aggro range from HoT/Core ... to FIX a problem. Things that are problems aren't defined by players; it's defined by game mechanics and intent.

>

> uff ... is okay. You have your OPINION I have mine. I'm not going to go around in circles with you just because you think you know the entire community.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

That's the thing is you are and will. She just changed the thread to aggro range increase does not prevent us from completing content which is not what this thread is about but it's an argument she can win. You can report her for derailing if you want.

She did not argue. She writes her opinion as a fact. It may be a fact that Anet thought something about the range. I think maddoctor already said that somewhere. But the rest is her opinion which she presents as if it were a fact.

Of course I can't win this discussion with her. I can not discuss with someone who does not care about others. I can't win an argument with someone who thinks he knows everything better. (And as someone whose main language is not English, this is even more frustrating ^^''. Since I really try to get my point across with the English I know. And then to be trampled on with "but it's like that, accept it", uff).

I'm not even concerned about winning. Everyone has their own views and that's okay.

Sorry, I know that your comment was not meant negatively. At least I think so. But I just had to get rid of this thought xD.

And I hope **I** don't get warned for off-topic. Already got warnings for less.

> She did not argue. She writes her opinion as a fact.

You are right ... I'm not arguing ... I'm telling you. But let's be clear ... the following things I'm telling you are NOT my opinion, they ARE facts.

Aggro range doesn't prevent people from completing content.

Players disliking something doesn't mean it's a problem that needs to be fixed.

Anet set the Aggro range of mobs intentionally in PoF

I mean, if there is an accusation I'm off-topic, that's dishonest because mob difficulty _is_ a function of aggro range and I wasn't the first person to recognize this and start the discussion about it in this thread.

To be fair, the OP has a litany of issues but really it boils down to simply expressing his dislike for fighting mobs vs. enjoying the scenery ... I most clearly disagree to changing that in PoF.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> > >

> > > That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

> >

>

> Actually, to be honest ... NO subgroup has a problem with it because it doesn't prevent you from playing the game and completing content. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are intentionally unwilling to understand that to portray aggro range in PoF as a problem that needs to be fixed.

>

I'm having a hard time understanding why your opinion is better than everyone else's. You disagree that this is annoying or that it should be changed? Noted. Anything else you wanted to add?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > She did not argue. She writes her opinion as a fact.

>

> You are right ... I'm not arguing ... I'm telling you. But let's be clear ... the following things I'm telling you are NOT my opinion, they ARE facts.

>

> Aggro range doesn't prevent people from completing content.

> Players disliking something doesn't mean it's a problem that needs to be fixed.

> Anet set the Aggro range of mobs intentionally in PoF

>

> I mean, if there is an accusation I'm off-topic, that's dishonest because mob difficulty _is_ a function of aggro range and I wasn't the first person to recognize this and start the discussion about it in this thread.

>

> To be fair, the OP has a litany of issues but really it boils down to simply expressing his dislike for fighting mobs vs. enjoying the scenery ... I most clearly disagree to changing that in PoF.

All 3 facts have nothing to do with the thread. It's just facts that you chose to win an argument noone was even fighting.

No one is saying we can't complete OW content due to these mobs and no one is denying anet changed the aggro range in PoF and sometimes players disliking something does mean it needs to be fixed but not every case and maybe not even this one but that's subjective by players experience in PoF.

The thread is difficulty combined with aggro range annoyance with some mobs, keeping us in combat forever and density and respawn type things not I can't complete this content.

If you feel that none of these things a personally a problem great and by all means present your opinion on that.

I don't find them difficult but I find aggro range and keeping me in combat and some are over the top annoying. Now not much reason to go to PoF anyway so these extra annoyances give some(not all) even less reason to go to PoF

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> > > >

> > > > That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

> > >

> >

> > Actually, to be honest ... NO subgroup has a problem with it because it doesn't prevent you from playing the game and completing content. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are intentionally unwilling to understand that to portray aggro range in PoF as a problem that needs to be fixed.

> >

>

> I'm having a hard time understanding why your opinion is better than everyone else's.

Because I'm not giving my opinion. There are facts about how the game has evolved that show PoF mob aggro isn't a problem that needs to be fixed. They actually are evidence that the difference in mob aggro between PoF and anything else is an intentional change to address something that was a problem in not-PoF content.

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> The thread is difficulty combined with aggro range annoyance with some mobs, keeping us in combat forever and density and respawn type things not I can't complete this content.

That's not a problem with the game though ... that's a problem with the 'solution' you have come up with to complete the content in question. Of course if you take a underperforming build into a situation where you need to kill something before respawn you will have a problem. That _doesn't_ mean the content can't be completed. A contrived scenario where you take the worst build for the content and claim it can't be completed isn't a reason for Anet to change the content.

Stop replying to Obtena, I was actually going to quote and reply how game performance problems from all these shiny cosmetics being released would actually make me aggro mobs that I can't see and then stopped myself due to that turning into an argument over whether performance problems really are from cosmetics and that it's a separate issue that should be dealt with in different ways.

Though speaking of facts, after we leave all the desert mobs behind, do the mobs still have the same aggro range as the desert mobs or have those been cut? I thought I read testimony that after the desert, the aggro ranges actually shrank again, except for things like dominion snipers.

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > I don't find them difficult but I find aggro range and keeping me in combat and some are over the top annoying. Now not much reason to go to PoF anyway so these extra annoyances give some(not all) even less reason to go to PoF

> > > >

> > > > Right ... and 'annoying' isn't a reason to get it changed. That's not an opinion either. There is no justification to change something ingame because some people are annoyed. It doesn't prevent you from completing content.

> > >

> > > All change starts with someone not liking something ...

> >

> > All changes start with Anet looking at the game and deciding it's going to change ... for whatever reason I won't speculate. nor the sources. It's not 'someone' or 'something'.

> >

> > I can assure you though that the Aggro range isn't an accident in PoF and there isn't a reason to change it because some players simply don't want to be in combat.

> >

> >

>

> You can assure me that aggro range wasn't an accident but you can't assure me there isn't a reason to change because that is your opinion.

No, I can assure you 'annoying' or 'bad playing' aren't reasons to change it. I mean, you aren't even following my argument at this point ... because I was VERY specific about what I presented as factual to everyone here.

It's factual that aggro range doesn't prevent people from completing content.

It's factual that some players disliking something means it's a problem Anet needs to fix.

It's factual that Anet increased Aggro range intentionally in PoF.

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > I don't find them difficult but I find aggro range and keeping me in combat and some are over the top annoying. Now not much reason to go to PoF anyway so these extra annoyances give some(not all) even less reason to go to PoF

> >

> > Right ... and 'annoying' isn't a reason to get it changed. That's not an opinion either. There is no justification to change something ingame because some people are annoyed. It doesn't prevent you from completing content.

>

> In your opinion. All change starts with someone not liking something otherwise nothing would change. Not liking something is the perfect justification. Will change always result no. Will players complain about something I feel is fine yes. If they decreased aggro ratio tomorrow vet hydras and jacaranda disappeared I would be fine with that.

You both got opinions then. Great. This argument is just going in circles. Anet has already chosen the design of PoF since its release and because they learned a fair bit from the design of HoT, they havent needed to nerf things. Maybe they will in the future. That day isnt here yet though. End of story.

And if you would like to say that only in my opinion, well frankly thats just in your opinion.

And nobody listens to anyone elses opinions.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > > I don't find them difficult but I find aggro range and keeping me in combat and some are over the top annoying. Now not much reason to go to PoF anyway so these extra annoyances give some(not all) even less reason to go to PoF

> > > > >

> > > > > Right ... and 'annoying' isn't a reason to get it changed. That's not an opinion either. There is no justification to change something ingame because some people are annoyed. It doesn't prevent you from completing content.

> > > >

> > > > All change starts with someone not liking something ...

> > >

> > > All changes start with Anet looking at the game and deciding it's going to change ... for whatever reason I won't speculate. nor the sources. It's not 'someone' or 'something'.

> > >

> > > I can assure you though that the Aggro range isn't an accident in PoF and there isn't a reason to change it because some players simply don't want to be in combat.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You can assure me that aggro range wasn't an accident but you can't assure me there isn't a reason to change because that is your opinion.

>

> So you don't think Anet intentionally making Aggro range whatever it is in PoF isn't enough assurance that it won't change because of 'annoying' or 'bad playing'? OK ... I would bet my last dollar on it.

>

No, they could change or not. Many things have changed like TD AB difficulty even PoF serpent's ire. Many mobs have health cc bar adjustment. Now as far as I know aggro range in maps haven't changed but doesn't mean it never could but as you said that would be up to anet but in most cases anet doesn't realize something needs changing unless someone complains so anything's possible

I'm not saying it can't change and never did say that. I am pointing out certain facts that make it evident it doesn't need to change. Even game experience suggests this isn't a problem that Anet needs to address ... players can affect their own play to minimize the impact of this 'problem' for themselves.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> Actually, to be honest ... NO subgroup has a problem with it because it doesn't prevent you from playing the game and completing content. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are intentionally unwilling to understand that to portray aggro range in PoF as a problem that needs to be fixed.

>

if there was no problem, then this thread wouldnt even exist. not the first one with this topic either. having to kill the same mobs over and over

to get ANYTHING done gets old very fast. it is a very archaic way to design games, something that would fit perfectly to the old arcade games.

nevermind the fact, that the system itself is broken. i have been stuck in combat many times, without any mobs in sight. so much for fun and innovation.

> @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Actually, to be honest ... NO subgroup has a problem with it because it doesn't prevent you from playing the game and completing content. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are intentionally unwilling to understand that to portray aggro range in PoF as a problem that needs to be fixed.

> >

>

> if there was no problem, then this thread wouldnt even exist.

No ... if there was no _complaint_, this thread wouldn't exist. That's not the same as there being a problem. The job of the proponents of the change is to show their complaints are due to a problem, that problem needs to be solved ... and by Anet. I've given factual evidence this isn't the case.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Because I'm not giving my opinion.

I would argue that the following are opinions. As valid as anyone else's, but opinions even so.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

>but that's not a problem that needs to be fixed. It's just a different approach you have to take to play that part of the game.

> Right ... and 'annoying' isn't a reason to get it changed ...

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Because I'm not giving my opinion.

>

> I would argue that the following are opinions. As valid as anyone else's, but opinions even so.

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> >but that's not a problem that needs to be fixed. It's just a different approach you have to take to play that part of the game.

>

> > Right ... and 'annoying' isn't a reason to get it changed ...

>

You're not following the conversation here. Yes, THAT is an opinion ... but I have presented certain facts that make it evident aggro range doesn't need to change.

Aggro range doesn't prevent people from completing content.

Players disliking something doesn't mean it's a problem that needs to be fixed.

Anet set the Aggro range of mobs intentionally in PoF

I'm continually presenting these factual statements as the reason range aggro doesn't need to change; some people think pointing out opinions invalidate those facts ... it doesn't. Hey, if you have some FACTS that shows it should change, let's hear them. Otherwise, telling me things I said that are my opinion is just a big nothing.

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> Could this be the reason why there aren't any players afk/parking their characters in expansion maps to "farm"(?).

That would be one of the least impactful reasons. PoF doesn't offer compelling Meta or Rewards like HoT and some LW Maps. If there was a farmable meta like AB for TD for example, players would flock to it.

I can't say I have ever thought of PoF as offering decent node or mob farming either, compared to other zones you can farm in, and those other zones may offer events or metas I can do while farming that offer rewards worth my effort.

> @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > Could this be the reason why there aren't any players afk/parking their characters in expansion maps to "farm"(?).

>

> That would be one of the least impactful reasons. PoF doesn't offer compelling Meta or Rewards like HoT and some LW Maps. If there was a farmable meta like AB for TD for example, players would flock to it.

>

> I can't say I have ever thought of PoF as offering decent node or mob farming either, compared to other zones you can farm in, and those other zones may offer events or metas I can do while farming that offer rewards worth my effort.

I think they were more refering to the players that seem afk standing at a spot killing mobs 24/7.

Not the meta or event farmers.