Winter's Presence as Infusion

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > For the cost involved in getting it now it should be an infusion ?

>

> I know right? It costs way too much to make. Would be nice if they could just release a festive skin that all players can make, not just barons.

> Oh well...

Alittle under 700g gold is not tp baron levels of cost. That about the cost of a premium mount skins with golds to gem.

> @"SaltAndLight.4652" said:

> It would be really excellent to be able to use the Shoulder Scarf skin AND Winter's Presence at the same time. However, since they are both shoulder skins, that is not possible.

>

> It would be nice to see Winter's Presence available as an infusion.

>

> Thank you!

/signed, agreed, wholeheartedly.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I wouldn't mind if those of us who have already done the achievement received an Infusion of it in addition to the skin, so that people have the choice in which way they'd like to use it.

Right, l agree with that. Or even a way to convert the shoulder skin to an infusion and vice versa. Perhaps via Mystic Forge, or a Black Lion/Wintersday NPC

> @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > For the cost involved in getting it now it should be an infusion ?

> >

> > I know right? It costs way too much to make. Would be nice if they could just release a festive skin that all players can make, not just barons.

> > Oh well...

>

> Alittle under 700g gold is not tp baron levels of cost. That about the cost of a premium mount skins with golds to gem.

Yeah, but 700g for a shoulder skin that's only snowflakes and no actual shoulder armor lool (the characters shoulders are blank if you use the skin), is a bit too much. And idk, maybe 700g isn't baron level, but i don't know who would spend 700g on a shoulder armor skin. If this was an infusion, then yeah, but shoulder armor skin... A bit much for most people.

It's essentially a prestige skin. You don't lose anything by not having it. People who really want it will make the skin, people who like it but not enough for the price won't. Nightfury is the exact same way and they both have been like this basically since release. Though closer to their release mystic coins were more readily available, which is basically the only part that's changed over time, but that's true of every item that used mystic coins to craft it, so these skins are not unique in that regard, either.

> @"SaltAndLight.4652" said:

> It would be really excellent to be able to use the Shoulder Scarf skin AND Winter's Presence at the same time. However, since they are both shoulder skins, that is not possible.

>

> It would be nice to see Winter's Presence available as an infusion.

>

> Thank you!

So totally agree.

Literally just crafted Winter's Prescene this evening for my Frosty themed Charr but am slightly gutted. I was using the Requiem Armour Skin as always loved this Heavy Set: Problem is now I've got the Winter's Prescence I've got the snowflake effect but at the sacrifice of losing an awesome shoulder skin, and Charr without decent shoulder armour looks simply awful.

....so I've reluctantly stuck with the Winter's Presence shoulders mainly due to the cost I've paid out, but find myself that despite the snowflake effect already wanting to resort back constantly to the Requiem Shoulders. I also had to ditch the Requiem Gloves skin, as just looks even more ridiculous with massive gloves, and skinny ( no skin ) shoulders. Surely this has been flagged up multiple times in the past ?

@ Anet: If you can't transfer the effect to an infusion, pretty please can I have my gold back for crafting it, and you can re-lock the skin on my account as though it was still unlocked for me!!!

> EDIT: Well after just ~ 1 hour of crafting Winter's Prescence I can't stand not having any shoulder armour, so ditched the skin and gone back to Requiem Shoulders , and further switched gloves back too. So basically I've just flushed 672 Gold down the toilet !!! - Would never have made it at all if I'd known how bad Charr would look with no shoulder skin :expressionless:

> @"Greg.7086" said:

> > @"SaltAndLight.4652" said:

> > It would be really excellent to be able to use the Shoulder Scarf skin AND Winter's Presence at the same time. However, since they are both shoulder skins, that is not possible.

> >

> > It would be nice to see Winter's Presence available as an infusion.

> >

> > Thank you!

>

> So totally agree.

>

> Literally just crafted Winter's Prescene this evening for my Frosty themed Charr but am slightly gutted. I was using the Requiem Armour Skin as always loved this Heavy Set: Problem is now I've got the Winter's Prescence I've got the snowflake effect but at the sacrifice of losing an awesome shoulder skin, and Charr without decent shoulder armour looks simply awful.

>

> ....so I've reluctantly stuck with the Winter's Presence shoulders mainly due to the cost I've paid out, but find myself that despite the snowflake effect already wanting to resort back constantly to the Requiem Shoulders. I also had to ditch the Requiem Gloves skin, as just looks even more ridiculous with massive gloves, and skinny ( no skin ) shoulders. Surely this has been flagged up multiple times in the past ?

>

> @ Anet: If you can't transfer the effect to an infusion, pretty please can I have my gold back for crafting it, and you can re-lock the skin on my account as though it was still unlocked for me!!!

They can't lock an unlocked skin. Once unlocked, that is it.

All you can do is hope they will listen to the feedback next year (and yes it has been fed back on previous years as well). I think the issue stems from these pre-dating the cosmetic infusions or at least pre-dating their popularity, I do think it would be prudent for them to add an infusion unlock version as well. Either via a vendor, an additional (free) achievement for those with the shoulder or just a mail out. They would just need to find a way of preventing it stacking with the shoulders

> @"Svennis.3852" said:

> I started working on this. Got me excited and doing the festival events, but after looking up the cost of materials... I will might have to pass this up. I have enough coins on hand, but sacrificing 150 coins is pretty huge.

Think of it as a long term project. I've been playing since launch, and I started poking at Winter's Presence early on. My sticking point was the JP requirement, I could not beat that thing. Until last year when I finally learned there is a path where the snowflake platforms don't disappear so I can take time to adjust my cursor back to the middle of the monitor. Voila, that done, all I had to deal with this year were the two Essences (which is where the mystic coins come in). As it happens, coins have been building up in my bank all these years, and I've kept them just in case I ever needed a mess of them to craft with. So years later, as of last night, I have Winter's Presence!

It took nearly all that time to drink 10K drinks, too.

So if you just do the parts you can do, without pushing yourself, by the time you need the coins you very well might have the coins just from log in rewards and rare in-game sources. Plus you'll have many other mats built up, at least if you are a pack rat like me. I got impatient and bought the last snowflakes I needed, along with some miscellaneous other mats, but I don't think I spent more than 50 gold out of pocket yesterday.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Svennis.3852" said:

> > I started working on this. Got me excited and doing the festival events, but after looking up the cost of materials... I will might have to pass this up. I have enough coins on hand, but sacrificing 150 coins is pretty huge.

>

> Think of it as a long term project. I've been playing since launch, and I started poking at Winter's Presence early on. My sticking point was the JP requirement, I could not beat that thing. Until last year when I finally learned there is a path where the snowflake platforms don't disappear so I can take time to adjust my cursor back to the middle of the monitor. Voila, that done, all I had to deal with this year were the two Essences (which is where the mystic coins come in). As it happens, coins have been building up in my bank all these years, and I've kept them just in case I ever needed a mess of them to craft with. So years later, as of last night, I have Winter's Presence!

>

> It took nearly all that time to drink 10K drinks, too.

>

> So if you just do the parts you can do, without pushing yourself, by the time you need the coins you very well might have the coins just from log in rewards and rare in-game sources. Plus you'll have many other mats built up, at least if you are a pack rat like me. I got impatient and bought the last snowflakes I needed, along with some miscellaneous other mats, but I don't think I spent more than 50 gold out of pocket yesterday.

Yep, I worked towards mine over a period of three years. There is a gold/time trade-off.

I thought that the item created a skin for all shoulders, so that you could get more than one character with the effect. Is this not the case?

> > @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > > For the cost involved in getting it now it should be an infusion ?

> > >

> > > I know right? It costs way too much to make. Would be nice if they could just release a festive skin that all players can make, not just barons.

> > > Oh well...

> >

> > Alittle under 700g gold is not tp baron levels of cost. That about the cost of a premium mount skins with golds to gem.

>

> Yeah, but 700g for a shoulder skin that's only snowflakes and no actual shoulder armor lool (the characters shoulders are blank if you use the skin), is a bit too much. And idk, maybe 700g isn't baron level, but i don't know who would spend 700g on a shoulder armor skin. If this was an infusion, then yeah, but shoulder armor skin... A bit much for most people.

Check the invisible boots price.

> @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> > > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > > > For the cost involved in getting it now it should be an infusion ?

> > > >

> > > > I know right? It costs way too much to make. Would be nice if they could just release a festive skin that all players can make, not just barons.

> > > > Oh well...

> > >

> > > Alittle under 700g gold is not tp baron levels of cost. That about the cost of a premium mount skins with golds to gem.

> >

> > Yeah, but 700g for a shoulder skin that's only snowflakes and no actual shoulder armor lool (the characters shoulders are blank if you use the skin), is a bit too much. And idk, maybe 700g isn't baron level, but i don't know who would spend 700g on a shoulder armor skin. If this was an infusion, then yeah, but shoulder armor skin... A bit much for most people.

>

> Check the invisible boots price.

I did, but that's different. That's a dropped item, you either get it and get rich or you don't.

This skin is a craftable item.

And a shoulder armor at that which means my shoulders will be naked if i use it which is kinda meh...

Oh well, i'm not getting it, whoever wants can deal with the gold cost. Makes no difference to me.

> > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> > > > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > > > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > > > > For the cost involved in getting it now it should be an infusion ?

> > > > >

> > > > > I know right? It costs way too much to make. Would be nice if they could just release a festive skin that all players can make, not just barons.

> > > > > Oh well...

> > > >

> > > > Alittle under 700g gold is not tp baron levels of cost. That about the cost of a premium mount skins with golds to gem.

> > >

> > > Yeah, but 700g for a shoulder skin that's only snowflakes and no actual shoulder armor lool (the characters shoulders are blank if you use the skin), is a bit too much. And idk, maybe 700g isn't baron level, but i don't know who would spend 700g on a shoulder armor skin. If this was an infusion, then yeah, but shoulder armor skin... A bit much for most people.

> >

> > Check the invisible boots price.

>

> I did, but that's different. That's a dropped item, you either get it and get rich or you don't.

> This skin is a craftable item.

> And a shoulder armor at that which means my shoulders will be naked if i use it which is kinda meh...

>

> Oh well, i'm not getting it, whoever wants can deal with the gold cost. Makes no difference to me.

Both cost alot both turn armor invisible so why do it matter if its dropped or crafted?

Perhaps requesting Winter's Presence as an infusion was not the best way to word this thread. I would just like the option to display the aura AND still have shoulder armor.

I worked on Winter's Presence over the course of several years but still sunk a bit of gold into it. FWIW, I decided to stick with the scarf instead of the aura in the end. Kind of disappointing.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

PS - having some sort of aura management option (example: show aura from item A, or show aura from item B, or show both item A and B's auras at the same time) would be a nice feature!

> @"Nightcore.5621" said:

> The only problem Will be some abuse it and have like 10 of these infusion on...

You can't when there is only one achievement for it.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> I thought that the item created a skin for all shoulders, so that you could get more than one character with the effect. Is this not the case?

Yes, it is. It unlocks for your wardrobe.