What is your wish regarding guild wars 2 in 2021? :)

kappa.2036

I'm not greedy. I would be satisfied with just the following:

- Rebalancing of all professions and make Mesmers great... again.

- Great story that will make me feel like Cantha is home.

- New skill set for all classes.

- Rebuild of Guild Wars for DX12.

- New build for Linux.

- Guild Wars 2 AR/VR.

- My own house at home site.

- New set of Legendary gear.

As I said, I don't ask for much. Just some minor changes and addons.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix mesmer. I dont care how, if its with new elite or fixed old ones...but fix em.

I want new legendary gear. I want gear so bright and flashy, that unless you have a top of the line GPU--your FPS will drop to unplayable.

Id like all Human/Norn/Sylvari character models to match the craptastic clipping and FOV that us Asura and Char have to deal with in fashion wars.

Id like female Asura & Char models to have 'revealing and provokative' looking clothes like human females get.

-splendid maps similar to those of gw1 and not half destroyed by boring dragons

-A rich story that really focuses on the cantha lore but given the name of the extension I do not believe it for a second.

-good metas with difficulty and coordination on the new maps of the expansion as in HOT( please no more spam 1 zerg)

-a new pvp mode (inspired by AvA, the jade quarry or Fort Aspenwood pvp mode on gw1)

-new raids (urgoz, The Deep)

-maybe housing for the new feature.But a kind of village where we would see the house of the other players.

-new jumping puzzle in kaineng city

As for the saga I do not expect anything, it was a disaster from the start and the end may be the worst thing ever seen on gw2.

All my hope is on EoD

> @"kappa.2036" said:

> Mine is to have a REAL competitive build - after 8 years - for wvw zerg fights with my ranger without getting kicked from the squad or blamed for not bringing a meta class :)

> Of course i also have firebrand, spellbreaker, scourge and scrapper but ranger was always my favourite class and i would really love to be considered useful with it and on par with other meta classes. I really hope the next expansion will bring something truly useful in this regard :)

>

> And you? What is your personal wish for 2021? Merry Christmas everyone :)

>

+1 on this wish plus also the same for thief and mesmer, so they have some uses in the zerg.

In no particular order of priority:

1) Legendary Armoury as described without any gemstore functionality (i.e. I do not have to pay to unlock slots or to make gear available to other characters or to use the system).

2) Changes to the build load-outs/templates/whatever system to remove gemstore functionality.

3) EoD with enjoyable, balance elite specs that do not need me to use "too many buttons". I am never going to be dextrous enough to be a piano player and do not want the game to make me feel like I am not good enough because of it.

4) EoD with engaging story + maps that does not seem rushed or cut short (i.e. PoF story and HoT story both seemed like they were slow for a long time and then came to a swift conclusions).

5) WvW Alliances working as described and intended.

6) Please NO player housing or fishing. These activities stop large numbers of people from engaging in group content. TBF, I always enjoyed fishing in WoW, but it stopped me from doing group content for hours on end.

7) An engine(?) that can either handle the graphics overload or switch it off so I can see what I am fighting in PvE + WvW zergs.

8) A fully resourced team for WvW (and PvP too -- new maps & modes).

9) A fully resourced team for fixing all the old bugs and annoyances, and updating old content to make it engaging (incl dungeons, raid bugs that have never been fixed, legendary collections, etc).

10) Updated daily quests to include elements of the new content.

11) No server performance issues, no matter how old or new the content is (PoF maps jump out as a key example, but LSW3 and 4 maps should remain free of issues after the expansion too).

12) Some quarterly-ish updates on EoD features Anet is working on (not asking for promises, but tidbits that hopefully confirm some or all of the above and maybe some hints at the features thereof).

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> 1. Fun e-speccs that feel good to play and aren't clunky

_rubs hands_ :p

Don't worry, the new specs arent only going to be fun, they will dominate the meta at least for half a year. Even if their roles arent clarified yet, youll see people rolling with them, due to the possible overpowered builds that may appear. As it goes per expac standards.

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> But aye, I've come to the realization that ANET doesnt do what we ask cause (obviously they dont listen) but also probs because they cant do it with the money we give them XD

>

> If we pull out the wallets they may reconsider.. :#

That should not be why they still have not considered ways to not have all the cosmetic garbage they have added over the years decking the performance of the game overall. In fact there's something else I wish for regarding guild wars 2. The community comes together and issues a clearly voiced ultimatum: "We will not buy End of Dragons until you add ways to turn off extraneous cosmetic effects."

I just hope they remember the part about Cantha with the Movement of the World. If we get there and its like how it was during GW1 then it will be extremely disappointing.

Cantha

In the year 1127 AE, Emperor Usoku, successor to Kisu, took a firm hold of his nation. He raised the Canthan military, spending millions in gold to arm his troops, and then swept the countryside. He defeated the Luxons and the Kurzick, incorporating these disparate people back into his nation. Usoku unified Cantha behind a strong national identity and began to drive out all non-humans. His regime was ironclad, tyrannical, and fierce. Those Canthans who did not agree with the emperor's dictates were given no choice but to leave their homeland, seeking refuge and sanctuary in Elona and Tyria.

As a result, Cantha became extremely isolationist. Once Orr rose from the ocean, those tendencies were reinforced by an inability to safely sail the western seas. Any ships venturing near the Strait of Malchor are sunk by the black ships, then dredged from the ocean floor by the Orrian dragon and commandeered into service. Thus, completely cut off from Kryta, Cantha vanished entirely. Travelers, refugees, and even Xunlai agents residing within Tyrian heard nothing more from Cantha.

Sporadic sailors have washed ashore on the southern coast of the Maguuma jungles, but that is the only evidence that Cantha even exists past the cataclysmic event that cut it off from Tyria. It can only be assumed that Usoku's successors continued his dictatorial, isolationist rule, and that Cantha continues beneath the iron fist of the emperor, as ever.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Dragon.4782" said:

> 1) Cantha to have interesting lore to fill the gaps between its isolationism and present day.

> 2) playable tengu

> 3) an engine upgrade

> 4) for currency exchanges to be updated and to include raid currencies.

Sorry forgot to add one: Ranger elite spec to have "minion master" rangers where we can roam with more than one pet at a time and/or summon additional pets in utility.

I wish they would..

..add more Masteries in central tyria.

..change some excisting locations to have more monster density with a small chest as a reward (like the mini dungeons)

..make downscaling adjustable (i can say if i want to be downscaled normaly, 2 lvl lower than normal, 4 lvl lower than normal, 6 lvl lower than normal)

...fix amount of monster in centryl tyria events (5 mobs for 6 people r too little! i can find more than 5 drakes at the river just relaxing)

...add more hairstyles :D

...much more Armor pieces

...add some pieces from outfits to be an armor piece (like the cute shiny cat ears)

**i wish the expansion will be great** ;)