30 10 0 20 10 engi was the peak of this game

ellesee.8297

While im a necro 1trick since launch and its the game I enjoyed,

I doubt how long it would last. It was very punishing , 1-shoty and very "proc" based.

Air + fire sigil + dhuumfire = 3k dmg on a power necro attack thats meant to do 500 dmg.

Add spinal shivers and I can already remember how a duel against the average sizer looked:

hit for 3k with procs

dodge

doge

swap to dagger, land 2x autos

doge

doge

swap shroud

doge

evade

dodge

land shroud auto 4k , air 1k , fire 1k , spinal 4k

sizer ded, me 3hp.

Its a good equal matchup betweem 2 glass builds, but only cz both builds have unfair mechanics.

So if you remove 1 stupid thing , which you 99% will have to, lets say the fire air procks , you then need to make necros actual weapon more reliable.

At that point, youre already playing something closer to HOT than vanilla gw2.

> @"Flumek.9043" said:

> While im a necro 1trick since launch and its the game I enjoyed,

> I doubt how long it would last. It was very punishing , 1-shoty and very "proc" based.

>

> Air + fire sigil + dhuumfire = 3k dmg on a power necro attack thats meant to do 500 dmg.

> Add spinal shivers and I can already remember how a duel against the average sizer looked:

>

> hit for 3k with procs

> dodge

> doge

> swap to dagger, land 2x autos

> doge

> doge

> swap shroud

> doge

> evade

> dodge

> land shroud auto 4k , air 1k , fire 1k , spinal 4k

> sizer ded, me 3hp.

>

> Its a good equal matchup betweem 2 glass builds, but only cz both builds have unfair mechanics.

> So if you remove 1 stupid thing , which you 99% will have to, lets say the fire air procks , you then need to make necros actual weapon more reliable.

> At that point, youre already playing something closer to HOT than vanilla gw2.

Don't disturb people rose tinted nostalgia with actual facts about the gameplay back then.

PvP has always had it's share of bullshit mechanics (beside a lot of very cool and skillbased ones, to be fair). At least Lich was Bullshit zapping people with AA spam in 2014 and is bullshit zapping people with AA spam in 2021, so we've gone full circle on that.

Otherwise, I'd rather have the current meta improved than going back in time, despite all the fun I had on cele rifle.

I hardly ever played PvP back then, but when I did I just spammed all my skills on cooldown, and still got the highest scores in almost every hotjoin match I ever joined.

Nobody knew how to play back then. If we were transported back to that time, the most distgusting oneshot meta would emerge within 2 weeks.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> I hardly ever played PvP back then, but when I did I just spammed all my skills on cooldown, and still got the highest scores in almost every hotjoin match I ever joined.

> Nobody knew how to play back then. If we were transported back to that time, the most distgusting oneshot meta would emerge within 2 weeks.

that's what rune of vampirism was for lel.

> @"Falan.1839" said:

> > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > While im a necro 1trick since launch and its the game I enjoyed,

> > I doubt how long it would last. It was very punishing , 1-shoty and very "proc" based.

> >

> > Air + fire sigil + dhuumfire = 3k dmg on a power necro attack thats meant to do 500 dmg.

> > Add spinal shivers and I can already remember how a duel against the average sizer looked:

> >

> > hit for 3k with procs

> > dodge

> > doge

> > swap to dagger, land 2x autos

> > doge

> > doge

> > swap shroud

> > doge

> > evade

> > dodge

> > land shroud auto 4k , air 1k , fire 1k , spinal 4k

> > sizer ded, me 3hp.

> >

> > Its a good equal matchup betweem 2 glass builds, but only cz both builds have unfair mechanics.

> > So if you remove 1 stupid thing , which you 99% will have to, lets say the fire air procks , you then need to make necros actual weapon more reliable.

> > At that point, youre already playing something closer to HOT than vanilla gw2.

>

> Don't disturb people rose tinted nostalgia with actual facts about the gameplay back then.

>

> PvP has always had it's share of kitten mechanics (beside a lot of very cool and skillbased ones, to be fair). At least Lich was kitten zapping people with AA spam in 2014 and is kitten zapping people with AA spam in 2021, so we've gone full circle on that.

>

> Otherwise, I'd rather have the current meta improved than going back in time, despite all the fun I had on cele rifle.

There was less of "having everything" and more of "risk/reward". I honestly miss it. And i am well aware we will never see it again (too many things changed). So give me my rose tinted glasses back while i am mashing my keys... in a raid and not pvp :(