Why can mesmers insta-down people?

EvilSardine.9635

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Oozo.7856" said:

> > @"eoz.1834" said:

> > why noone mentions fresh air weaver? It can literally burst you down in 2 secs meanwhile having stab/immunes etc. you can even reset or kite with fgs. its not only mesmers can oneshot ppl. they should tune down whole one-shot cheese specs in the game. 1vs1 you can avoid some of combos and do counter burst but in wvw where you were busy focusing on some opponent and some random dude burst you down in 2 secs with cheese specs is sorta frustrating experience for some does small-scaled fights instead blobbing.

>

> Well, you can see them and line up your damage/CC on them before they can execute theirs. 1min44sec

>

>

>

>

Got a good laugh from the video; plays Dire fulltank condi and makes the statement the profession is easy. No ****. Anything Dire/TB is faceroll.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @EvilSardine.9635 said:

> >

> > > Is this getting nerfed or what? I don't mind being outplayed in duels and small fights but being instantly downed out of nowhere feels like you're cheated.

> >

> >

> > A.) See if a mesmer is on the opposing team

> > B.) Be ready to react when you see power lock.

> > C.) Keep camera on a swivel to see if mesmer is approaching from behind or the side.

> > D.) Congrats you now have the advantage.

> >

> >

>

> this is the wvw forum btw, just thought id point it out because you seem to think you can notice enemy mesmers in some UI panel in wvw.

I must have fallen out of the sPvP forums in a drunken rage.

Carry on then~

> @atheria.2837 said:

> Blinked in, took 20k damage, blinked out, all in less than a second, some guys came to res me, mesmer blinked in, blinked out.....

Well if it was in less than a second, a single dodge would have avoided all that damage yes?

That's what people always say when their class is fighting another.

Condi scourge on you? Just dodge the circles. DD staff thief on you? Dodge more than he does. Ranger pewpewing you? Keep dodging until you get into melee range. Spellbreaker being immortal while doing zerker damage on you? Just dodge it. FA ele instakilling you? Dodge, duh. Holosmith boon sustain stunning you and killing you in 2 blows while downed? You should have dodged that shit.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> >

>

> The fun part is that after the bomb on scourge the scourge managed to delete him ( he had to flee and ranged GS in order to get the kill ).

> Scourges :pensive:

>

Thats why its generally called a one trick pony, lol. Fail it and well...

Roaming with 2 guildies yesterday, I met two shatter mesmer of note.

One was part of a 5 man guild - 3 heavy melee (2 fb/1 sb I think), 1 condi scourge and 1 zerker mirage. We met them with more randoms (maybe 6-8 in total) vs them 3 or 4 times, at least they tried. First time we took losses but also instantly identified the damage dealer and every other fight he was low hp and down within 10-15 seconds as we focused him and because he was zerker he melted. After that it was just focus the necro and clean up the melee.

I have met *much much much* tougher melee squads using a permaevade staff bruiser dd for damage and stealth.

The other zerker mirage I met alone while defending a camp. I saw him try to flank me, he stealthed, I waited 1s and and then channeled block on off hand sword. The retaliation hit him like a bus, I blocked with scepter and took another chunk of his hp. At the end of his burst he was about 40% hp and I was 100%. He did manage to run away with 5% hp, lol. I didnt really bother chasing.

Note that I play a non-meta heavy bruiser mirage with no stealth and sc/sw/gs.

Mesmer has no counterplay due to its instantaneous DPS spike. The best you can hope for is spotting them before they jump you with one of their various instant movement mechanics and get a lucky dodge in. Which means you prepare for stealth and their ridiculously short reset and they try again.

Given that they seem to enjoy counterplay, one could argue that it is trash by design.

Toooo many passive invuls for mirage to effectively "one shot". I mean if you are playing a war, necro, engi, ranger and you still get one shot....its not that mirage is op is that you simply suck. All those classes have passive invuls aside from necro and if you bothered learning how a mirage works you will soon find out they aren't hard to kill...all glass cannon builds are one trick pony except for freshair ele because of the constant air spams. Whereas classes like spellbreakers who can effectively spam resistance and blocks while dealing dmg...i mean yea that isn't op at all. Not hard for them to rotate in between their passive invul + shield block along with full counter. OP is a class that requires multiple classes to deal with not one trick ponies.

@PH Law.4063 didnt the mesmer invulnerability was changed to block's on a recent update????

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> There are **really exciting changes** for mesmer coming out on the next balance patch according to an anet dev in PvP. Those one shot trick ponies are getting a buff balance....lol balance...

I feel that is how ANet enforce mandatory builds to become meta, decrease the skillwith the damage output they have, well if that happens .. all good, that is actually the typeof gw2 players want.. reason they are not player other game tho.

At tleast they have a game where they look pro.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @atheria.2837 said:

> > Blinked in, took 20k damage, blinked out, all in less than a second, some guys came to res me, mesmer blinked in, blinked out.....

> Well if it was in less than a second, a single dodge would have avoided all that damage yes?

>

> That's what people always say when their class is fighting another.

>

> Condi scourge on you? Just dodge the circles. DD staff thief on you? Dodge more than he does. Ranger pewpewing you? Keep dodging until you get into melee range. Spellbreaker being immortal while doing zerker damage on you? Just dodge it. FA ele instakilling you? Dodge, duh. Holosmith boon sustain stunning you and killing you in 2 blows while downed? You should have dodged that kitten.

>

>

how do you dodge if you are dead before you can even react?

Why mesmers can "insta down" people? Simple, Anet dont have a clue on how to balance the game...i mean, one of the devs responsible for the balance on the game, got owned by fucking Svanir lol what do you expect?

A profession that have acess to high mobility by teleports, plenty of dogdes and evade frames and also stealth...its fun that nobody at the balance team didnt see that this was way to much...

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @atheria.2837 said:

> > > Blinked in, took 20k damage, blinked out, all in less than a second, some guys came to res me, mesmer blinked in, blinked out.....

> > Well if it was in less than a second, a single dodge would have avoided all that damage yes?

> >

> > That's what people always say when their class is fighting another.

> >

> > Condi scourge on you? Just dodge the circles. DD staff thief on you? Dodge more than he does. Ranger pewpewing you? Keep dodging until you get into melee range. Spellbreaker being immortal while doing zerker damage on you? Just dodge it. FA ele instakilling you? Dodge, duh. Holosmith boon sustain stunning you and killing you in 2 blows while downed? You should have dodged that kitten.

> >

> >

>

> how do you dodge if you are dead before you can even react?

Cant dodge when dead? L2p.

Once in sPvP a holosmith killed my mirage before I could even do damage to him. I bet he was all sweaty and nervous after that near death experience with an OP mirage.

True story.

People who are bad at reads with no game sense even when given an obvious 3-6 second window on a 30-40 sec c/d include...

rofl

sPvP is having *0* problems with power mesmers, so either PvE stats are an issue or those complaing would struggle to get out of gold.

Even if power mirage was stronger than most, sorry to say but “roaming” isn’t a supported format or criteria for balance. You can’t be “OP” if it’s not even a relevant part of the game that is supposed to be balanced. It’s like saying “X is OP cuz when standing in front of each other auto attacking he always wins!”

Remember when glamour was nerfed? That’s because it was a big deal on large scale fights, which is exactly what this mode is about. Plus power mirage is significantly less impactful in that actually supported and control content.

Maybe WvW should force sPvP amulet stats and skill splits.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> I have met *much much much* tougher melee squads using a permaevade staff bruiser dd for damage and stealth.

>

> The other zerker mirage I met alone while defending a camp. I saw him try to flank me, he stealthed, I waited 1s and and then channeled block on off hand sword. The retaliation hit him like a bus, I blocked with scepter and took another chunk of his hp. At the end of his burst he was about 40% hp and I was 100%. He did manage to run away with 5% hp, lol. I didnt really bother chasing.

>

> Note that I play a non-meta heavy bruiser mirage with no stealth and sc/sw/gs.

Daredevils can keep dealing that kind of damage long after the first second of combat, so I'm not too surprised by that!

I actually run a glass cannon mirage myself, and I gotta say that sword offhand is underrated. Torch effectively announces your burst 3 seconds in advance, so the bad mesmers (way too many of them, sorry to say) have been trivially easy to outplay with a single dodge. The only one I've seen in recent weeks who knows what they're doing is a mirage from vR.

> @"K THEN.5162" said:

> Hi there, as a power Mesmer player I can understand your frustration and whether the burst combo is broken or not there are traits on each class that can prevent you from being 1 shot entirely.

>

> Those being:

> **Ele:** Arcane Shielding/Earth's Embrace

> **Mesmer**: Mirror of Anguish cause we always open with a stun

> **Necro:** Reaper's Protection (same reason as above), Unholy Sanctuary

> **Thief**: Instant Reflexes

> **Ranger**: Stoneform, Protective Ward

> **Engineer**: Self-Regulating Defenses, Protection Injection

> **Guardian**: Passive Aegis, Valorous Aegis

> **Revenant**: Soothing Bastion

> **Warrior**: Defy Pain

I was playing an alt account on CD with my SB - You sir, spiked me (instant death) where my passive Endure Pain never had a chance to proc. I was so "impressed" with the stealth spike I took note of your name, ouch.

I have roamed on a lot of poor mirages/ chrono power specs but you- on that vanilla mesmer, is strange indeed.

The new fashion is for two of them to roam together- just in case you manage to trigger one of your defences or dodge the first burst, the second one gets you whilst the first goes 'invuln invuln blocked blocked blah blah hahah'.

If they are serious about balancing the game, they need an internal cooldown between each skill. Then remove stealth, or make it 'stealthy', ie slow movement, revealed when close unless behind the target, etc. then remove invuln, total resistance, and passive skills that spam condis like they are going out of fashion.

You should be able to mitigate damage but not ignore it completely whilst dishing out piles. Maybe it should be invuln= not being able to do damage either.

> @"Kilo.2539" said:

> I was playing an alt account on CD with my SB - You sir, spiked me (instant death) where my passive Endure Pain never had a chance to proc. I was so "impressed" with the stealth spike I took note of your name, ouch.

>

> I have roamed on a lot of poor mirages/ chrono power specs but you- on that vanilla mesmer, is strange indeed.

XD thanks for the shoutout! What most likely happened is that my mirror blade/mantra charge didn't crit to bring you below 50% and then the mindwrack bursted through it. I must admit, I can understand your frustration when you're running a trait that is supposed to hard counter 1 shot builds and it can't be relied on but I assure you that 19/20 cases of me trying to burst a warrior, the passive endure pain activates ^_^ (still though I do think the burst damage is a bit overtuned)

Also I roam on core mesmer because I find it easier to 100-0 players who don't see me coming due to the extended stealth duration as opposed to spamming their defences as soon they see a mirage coming towards them.

Cheers and happy WvWing!

> @"K THEN.5162" said:

> > @"Kilo.2539" said:

> > I was playing an alt account on CD with my SB - You sir, spiked me (instant death) where my passive Endure Pain never had a chance to proc. I was so "impressed" with the stealth spike I took note of your name, ouch.

> >

> > I have roamed on a lot of poor mirages/ chrono power specs but you- on that vanilla mesmer, is strange indeed.

>

> XD thanks for the shoutout! What most likely happened is that my mirror blade/mantra charge didn't crit to bring you below 50% and then the mindwrack bursted through it. I must admit, I can understand your frustration when you're running a trait that is supposed to hard counter 1 shot builds and it can't be relied on but I assure you that 19/20 cases of me trying to burst a warrior, the passive endure pain activates ^_^ (still though I do think the burst damage is a bit overtuned)

> Also I roam on core mesmer because I find it easier to 100-0 players who don't see me coming due to the extended stealth duration as opposed to spamming their defences as soon they see a mirage coming towards them.

>

> Cheers and happy WvWing!

Let's say that it's true about the first part that mirror blade ect did not crit and hit the guy to 51%. Warriors have 19...20k at least in wvw due to world buff so your single mind wrack must of hit for 10k?