The next expansion should not be more expensive

> @"NEOTHEGAMER.9824" said:

> im saying a tiny tiny tiny price deduction for ppl who bought both expansions

Why? Are you trying to get a "tiny tiny tiny" bit less content?

> i didn't say they have to , i said they could and i'm not complaining

Actually you said they _should_ (see below) so you're already distancing yourself from your own statement.

> I Know that A.net is right now developing the 3rd expansion , but i just want to say that it should at least cost little less for players who bought the both expansions

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @"Goettel.4389" said:

> > They should and will price it as they see fit. Not to be mean, but if you can't afford 30 bucks to play a game you shouldn't waste time gaming at all.

>

> one thing ,u are mean

Lol.

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > @"NEOTHEGAMER.9824" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > > > Let's see, I could whine for a $25 expansion pack, or I could give up one large pizza and easily afford $40. Wow, that's a tough one.... not.

> > > >

> > > > I know right, I mean who'd give up a pizza?!

> > >

> > > i......would.........

> >

> > Give up pizza and maybe mow your neighborhood lawns for money or shovel snow? You probably have 2 Summers and one winter before the next xpac. Or do some chores for your brother to convince him to buy the xpac? Good luck!

>

> i wish it was like that , but i'm indian and where i live don't have an opportunity to do stuff and i get only like 5 rupees per day and and i need 2000 something rupees and i don't have a credit card

So start to do that will only take you 400 days to get 2000 rupies then save it, give to bro and ask him to pay with his credit card when game arrives.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"NEOTHEGAMER.9824" said:

> > I Know that A.net is right now developing the 3rd expansion , but i just want to say that it should at least cost little less for players who bought the both expansions

>

> Considering that you get months of free content, new maps, new story, new items, in some cases new legendaries and other goals to achieve out right for free between each ex pack I think anet has done this part right.

>

> Even with the core game you got arguably 2-3 years of free content never being forced to pay a fee or buy gems if you didnt want to to keep playing.

>

> I would much rather buy the xpack bundles and get tons of loot with them for what 60$ once a year than pay 15$ a month to play the game..... but have a slightly cheaper cost up front for the xpacs. (which in reality wouldnt be that much cheaper)

>

> imo giving players the optional choice to buy in game cosmetics to pay for the games uptime and content between x packs will always be better than charging every player a fee just to play the game.

>

> So enjoy the fact that other people are paying for you to play this game for free with no fees attached. If it was not for all the kind players you see running around with the skins, gathering tools, and other neat cosmetics you would be paying much more than you do for just the xpacks per year.

First of all the kind players are not paying for me , if i had a job right now i wouldn't think of poor players who have to pay for the expansions , i would just buy skins and other stuff for cosmetic and rpg reasons , go right now ask any random player who spent fortune on their character, and ask did they do it for me or themselfs , the reason that gw2 is sustaining right now can be because of gem store and i know that but players are spending their own time and effort irl to make money and convert to gems so they can make their character look good , they are not helping me , the"free" game ur saying is just trail, a long one and plus the game would have not gone free if ppl were still buying a lot of stuff from the gem store, because the low money ,they switched to f2p for the core game , if u "kind" ppl would have paid the game more , this game would not be f2p, and i bought hot and pof so i also helped,so what's wrong in asking a little discount ,like 5% who bought both expansions

> @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> > > @"Goettel.4389" said:

> > > They should and will price it as they see fit. Not to be mean, but if you can't afford 30 bucks to play a game you shouldn't waste time gaming at all.

> >

> > one thing ,u are mean, and i love gaming but my family just doesn't love the idea of it , they despise it and even i get A's in every subject they still dont allow me , for now i just game so i can escape the horrors of life till im independent

>

> Well than save up some money. Or wait till your birthday, whatever. You can't expect something to be cheap because you can't afford it (yet).

This. There are infinite things you could do to make money when you aren't old enough to work a job. Mow lawns, wash cars, babysit, sell your valuables, do a bunch of extra tasks for your parents if they pay you for it, make bets with your friends and make sure they pay up or else, sell plasma, donate organs, find lost pets for the reward, or if you live in a major city use a phone app to do app gigs for quick money. I mowed a ton of lawns to get Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty when that first came out.

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > im saying a tiny tiny tiny price deduction for ppl who bought both expansions

>

> Why? Are you trying to get a "tiny tiny tiny" bit less content?

>

> > i didn't say they have to , i said they could and i'm not complaining

>

> Actually you said they _should_ (see below) so you're already distancing yourself from your own statement.

>

> > I Know that A.net is right now developing the 3rd expansion , but i just want to say that it should at least cost little less for players who bought the both expansions

>

>

ohh sorry for that ,my intentions where that they should atleast consider that option

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> > > > @"Goettel.4389" said:

> > > > They should and will price it as they see fit. Not to be mean, but if you can't afford 30 bucks to play a game you shouldn't waste time gaming at all.

> > >

> > > one thing ,u are mean, and i love gaming but my family just doesn't love the idea of it , they despise it and even i get A's in every subject they still dont allow me , for now i just game so i can escape the horrors of life till im independent

> >

> > Well than save up some money. Or wait till your birthday, whatever. You can't expect something to be cheap because you can't afford it (yet).

>

> This. There are infinite things you could do to make money when you aren't old enough to work a job. Mow lawns, wash cars, babysit, sell your valuables, do a bunch of extra tasks for your parents if they pay you for it, make bets with your friends and make sure they pay up or else, sell plasma, donate organs, find lost pets for the reward, or if you live in a major city use a phone app to do app gigs for quick money.

i know all those money tricks , but im indian whose a middle class child and then consider the option, i don't have access to those methods and i might have not known them

I actually really want the next expansion to require HoT so that the maps can be designed with gliding in mind like the HoT maps were. Make it $50 if you don't have HoT already, $30 if you do already have HoT.

This way, for long term players who already have HoT they get to enjoy a new expansion that also has gliding but for the same price they paid for PoF. For new players that don't have HoT, they now get 2 expansions for the original price of HoT. Not to mention that 2 expansions for $50 is still cheaper than the $30 per expansion model that Anet seems to be pushing now.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > @"NEOTHEGAMER.9824" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > > > > Let's see, I could whine for a $25 expansion pack, or I could give up one large pizza and easily afford $40. Wow, that's a tough one.... not.

> > > > >

> > > > > I know right, I mean who'd give up a pizza?!

> > > >

> > > > i......would.........

> > >

> > > Give up pizza and maybe mow your neighborhood lawns for money or shovel snow? You probably have 2 Summers and one winter before the next xpac. Or do some chores for your brother to convince him to buy the xpac? Good luck!

> >

> > i wish it was like that , but i'm indian and where i live don't have an opportunity to do stuff and i get only like 5 rupees per day and and i need 2000 something rupees and i don't have a credit card

>

> So start to do that will only take you 400 days to get 2000 rupies then save it, give to bro and ask him to pay with his credit card when game arrives.

my bro won't be available after 2 yrs, he will go off another country to america or something so thats y i cant really really rely on my brother

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > I Know that A.net is right now developing the 3rd expansion , but i just want to say that it should at least cost little less for players who bought the both expansions

> >

> > Considering that you get months of free content, new maps, new story, new items, in some cases new legendaries and other goals to achieve out right for free between each ex pack I think anet has done this part right.

> >

> > Even with the core game you got arguably 2-3 years of free content never being forced to pay a fee or buy gems if you didnt want to to keep playing.

> >

> > I would much rather buy the xpack bundles and get tons of loot with them for what 60$ once a year than pay 15$ a month to play the game..... but have a slightly cheaper cost up front for the xpacs. (which in reality wouldnt be that much cheaper)

> >

> > imo giving players the optional choice to buy in game cosmetics to pay for the games uptime and content between x packs will always be better than charging every player a fee just to play the game.

> >

> > So enjoy the fact that other people are paying for you to play this game for free with no fees attached. If it was not for all the kind players you see running around with the skins, gathering tools, and other neat cosmetics you would be paying much more than you do for just the xpacks per year.

> First of all the kind players are not paying for me , if i had a job right now i wouldn't think of poor players who have to pay for the expansions , i would just buy skins and other stuff for cosmetic and rpg reasons , go right now ask any random player who spent fortune on their character, and ask did they do it for me or themselfs , the reason that gw2 is sustaining right now can be because of gem store and i know that but players are spending their own time and effort irl to make money and convert to gems so they can make their character look good , they are not helping me , the"free" game ur saying is just trail, a long one and plus the game would have not gone free if ppl were still buying a lot of stuff from the gem store, because the low money ,they switched to f2p for the core game , if u "kind" ppl would have paid the game more , this game would not be f2p, and i bought hot and pof so i also helped,so what's wrong in asking a little discount ,like 5% who bought both expansions

Ok first off you are taking this way too literal.

The way it works is other players buy gems for themselves but where do you think that money goes? It goes to Anet and what do you think they do with that money? They put it to use to pay for things like maintaining the game and its servers, it pays their staff, which provide new content for us the players to enjoy.

So in an indirect sense yes other people pay for you to play the game without a fee.

So yes while people buy the items for themselves that money is used to provide content and the game itself to everyone.

The game was made f2p likely due to the games age. To age well you need to do things to invite new players making the base game f2p does that. Not to mention buying HoT got you the base game at the time anyways so its was more or less still buying the base game.

While they could offer you a discount think of it like this the base xpacks cost you what 35$ thats nothing at all even for people without a job. If you are lacking of money so badly that 35$ is that big of a deal to you then you should probably be looking into better you life style rather than play online games period because you have bigger problems than the price of the xpacks for an online game.

The xpack bundles generally come loaded with tons of loot and gems that when priced out together are moderately discounted. So if anything the most loyal of players will want more than just the base xpack and they are rewarded with buying the bundle packs and getting bonus content new and old + gems at a discounted price.

Put £2 a month away every month and by the time it comes out, you will have enough.

Since we are nowhere near a release or even an announcement, this really is not a worry at this stage. Anet will ultimately price it what they believe is correct based on metrics and market research.

> at this point i can see that arguing with the community is pointless now , ppl are rdy to pay whatever price A.net offers as long it is fair and they prefer quality , i get it is pointless to talk about this topic , and most of the replies are negative.

That's because most people recognize that one charge every two years or so is not excessive.

You seem to be coming from the perspective that you're somehow owed this game. You're not. You have to pay for it. The people who make it have to get paid. The company that releases it has to get paid. **You can't get something for nothing**.

Instead of being charged a monthly fee like many MMOs, you literally have one purchase you need to make every two years, and the OPTION of paying for additional microtransactions. That is not excessive. More importantly, in the interim, they release a bunch of new content with the Living Story chapters.

Nobody deserves to get this game for free. We play it free, and we want them to keep making it... we need to pay ArenaNet for expansions. It's very simple.

> @"Goettel.4389" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > But I don't understand this thinking that if you can't afford to pay full price for an expansion pack/new game you shouldn't be playing ones you already own.

> That's not what I posted ...

That is almost exactly what you posted:

> @"Goettel.4389" said:

> They should and will price it as they see fit. Not to be mean, but if you can't afford 30 bucks to play a game you shouldn't waste time gaming at all.

> @"Cameryn.5310" said:

> > at this point i can see that arguing with the community is pointless now , ppl are rdy to pay whatever price A.net offers as long it is fair and they prefer quality , i get it is pointless to talk about this topic , and most of the replies are negative.

>

> That's because most people recognize that one charge every two years or so is not excessive.

>

> You seem to be coming from the perspective that you're somehow owed this game. You're not. You have to pay for it. The people who make it have to get paid. The company that releases it has to get paid. **You can't get something for nothing**.

>

> Instead of being charged a monthly fee like many MMOs, you literally have one purchase you need to make every two years, and the OPTION of paying for additional microtransactions. That is not excessive. More importantly, in the interim, they release a bunch of new content with the Living Story chapters.

>

> Nobody deserves to get this game for free. We play it free, and we want them to keep making it... we need to pay ArenaNet for expansions. It's very simple.

i never intent to say i "owed" to this game , it's the other way around , i promise after i am independent i will pay back everything that gw2 has given to me , but the upcoming content makes me feel like i'm going to be left behind in game progress , while everyone talks about the new stuff happening in the next expansion and that i can't explore the content everyone's talking about,

I think that there's a bit of a disconnect here, OP, and i'll explain why in as constructive a manner as I possibly can.

First, i'm assuming you're young, considering what you have said in your post. If i'm wrong? Forgive me.

But one thing that is painfully clear here is that this game seems to be your primary method of entertainment, and that you don't have a lot of money to throw around.

You know what? I get that. At the same time though, as with a lot of gamers that i've seen on many message boards, we (and you) have to understand that ArenaNet is a business, and not a charity. Their entire motive here is to make money. That's why they develop new content, and that's why they make expansions. Allowing everyone access to everything for "less cost" or "free" is prohibitive to them not only paying their staff, but generating the revenue that they need to build up their team, generate a profit, etc... all the things that

You can say all you want that you want to pay it forward later, but that's sadly not going to be good enough if they want to develop those expansions, which, as I said before, are being sold by a business to make money.

Being poor sucks, but accommodating folks who want "all the things" for free means that the developers end in the same boat you are.

Just keep this in mind: With a game like this, you're getting hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of playtime for 30-40 bucks, if you choose not to engage the gemstore, and log in to get the free updates. I can't think of any entertainment medium that allows that. That's something to feel happy for, not slighted by.

>

> i never intent to say i "owed" to this game , it's the other way around , i promise after i am independent i will pay back everything that gw2 has given to me , but the upcoming content makes me feel like i'm going to be left behind in game progress , while everyone talks about the new stuff happening in the next expansion and that i can't explore the content everyone's talking about,

We've had two releases of Living Story material, and are likely to have four more. Assuming three month intervals as usual, that's ONE YEAR OF CONTENT that doesn't cost you anything, all you have to do is log in during the launch period.

You therefore most likely have a YEAR to save up enough money for the next expansion.

If you cannot do that... well, nothing personal, but you probably should take a good look at your priorities, because GW2 shouldn't be one of them. Just saying.

> @"Nocturnus.6031" said:

> I think that there's a bit of a disconnect here, OP, and i'll explain why in as constructive a manner as I possibly can.

>

> First, i'm assuming you're young, considering what you have said in your post. If i'm wrong? Forgive me.

> But one thing that is painfully clear here is that this game seems to be your primary method of entertainment, and that you don't have a lot of money to throw around.

>

> You know what? I get that. At the same time though, as with a lot of gamers that i've seen on many message boards, we (and you) have to understand that ArenaNet is a business, and not a charity. Their entire motive here is to make money. That's why they develop new content, and that's why they make expansions. Allowing everyone access to everything for "less cost" or "free" is prohibitive to them not only paying their staff, but generating the revenue that they need to build up their team, generate a profit, etc... all the things that

>

> You can say all you want that you want to pay it forward later, but that's sadly not going to be good enough if they want to develop those expansions, which, as I said before, are being sold by a business to make money.

>

> Being poor sucks, but accommodating folks who want "all the things" for free means that the developers end in the same boat you are.

>

> Just keep this in mind: With a game like this, you're getting hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of playtime for 30-40 bucks, if you choose not to engage the gemstore, and log in to get the free updates. I can't think of any entertainment medium that allows that. That's something to feel happy for, not slighted by.

u are right about the me being young and gw2 is my primary source of entertainment , and i understand A.net is a business that makes content for us and them to profit upon , gw2 has been everything to me i gave more than 500 hrs of gameplay for a very good price , its that after this is done im soon going to live under rock for 5 more years until i can go on my own wings, right now school is hell ,as bullying is becoming slowly unbearable but with gw2 only giving me happiness , the only true friends i make are from ppl i meet in gw2, at least the salt i get in this community is better than what i face in school , college will be worse , i will be banned of internet soon , maybe i won't even be around when the 3rd expansion comes , and i will give back everything that gw2 gave me once im set free