• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > > @"Tiah.3091" said:

> > > > 1) With valkyria's amulet and craploads of blocks and immunity they are quite resistable to direct damage.

> > >

> > > People keeping say this, but clearly have never played a guardian. Exactly what are the "craploads of blocks" that core guardian has? Running with a hammer and then either sword/shield or sword/focus, you have:

> > >

> > > Rev(Staff), Warrior, Engi, Ranger(GS) and Chrono, all have far better blocks than core-guard. And that's not even counting all the other defences they can cycle which guardian doesn't have.

> >

> > All of those cooldowns recharge far faster than the general cycle of a fight. The only purpose of all of those instant/passive blocks combined with an instant teleport and near-instant burst rotation is to cover a player's single second of action which will either net a kill or not. Whether or not the core guard nets a kill or not is irrelevant because that's how the build works: it's a suicide bomber. It will either get the easiest kill in the game for maximum low effort or it will die like a dog because somebody played (or built) a little more passively than the guard. They're all really silly. Even if there are builds who are "worse" in whatever regard, it doesn't mean that core guard isn't a low effort meme.

>

> So, you're saying that core-guard is over-reliant on using up-front damage to secure a kill in the opening seconds of a fight, and doesn't have the sustain to win a prolonged engagement.

>

> So.... thank you for agreeing with my assessment of the original post, which claimed it was "quite resistable [sic] to direct damage"?

No. Core guardian fullfil the same role as reaper and holo as a team fighter. It surely has the damage and can counter condis, but it’s sustain against power focus fire is same as reaper. It has limited CC. It also has limited mobility for avoiding damage.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > If they nerf reaper in pve i'm quitting guild wars 2.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lets hope they don't gut any classes.

> > > > > Also hopeful maybe tempest will finally get buffed.If it does become a buffer i'm more certain to stay.

> > > >

> > > > There is a very high possibility that reaper will be nerfed. It probably will be only PvP though. Beside that, I think holo will be slightly nerfed and herald will get a slight buff. There will be other changes, but they will be minuscule.

> > > >

> > > > Sadly, I do not think the meta will change in the slightest.

> > >

> > > They will need buffed in pvp then, because in order to land a kill they need to survive enough, and they are literally sacrificing dps to be a glass cannon, so more survivability will have to be given, a lot more outside of that, like warrior levels of survivability.

> > >

> > > Warriors can outsustain a reaper and do the same dps with more mobility, and mesmers with mirage have higher mobility and cc than us and can do dps on our level, so its going to be very bad if we get nerfed.

> > >

> > > If reaper gets nerfed, he wil be sub par again in pvp, and unable to land a kill depending on whats nerfed.Nerdfing dps he won't have threat levels and if you nerf the quickness he will have trouble landing a hit again, so once again think things through.

> >

> > Warriors can do the same dps as reaper?! Not even remotely close. You could compare reaper dps to guardian. And reaper has no issues landing damage at all. As for wither warrior can outsuatain reaper, who cares. Balance is not based on solo capacity and reaper is million times better in team fights than warrior.

>

> I've seen berserker do 20k easily with weapon in pvp video and more sustain so no.

>

> Reaper is able to land kills easier now because of quickness.Reaper is slow and easy to cc, but people are bad and would rather facetank reaper than move away cc them.

> Also solo capacity is important in SPVP as a roamer or not, because the ability to pressure is direct contrast to damage and ability to land hits.If you can't land hits you lack pressure and get cced and die, if you can land a hit but everyone and his mother can facetank you, your pressure is laughable.Its time for people to stop making excuses and learn 2 play.

>

> Take for instance holosmith:You shouldn't have trrouble killing a reaper if you have a brain.Do those invuln things and cc them and kite htem when in reaper, because once they are out of reaper form(remember its very short) that they are easy to kill.You can easily pressure them inside there too and force them out, so there are more than enough ways to counter, but we have no decent way to counter some of the ranged attacks, besides poison cloud which isn't very good, and we still have trouble catching mobile classes, which is 90% of the classes.

>

> You can't just look at one tool and say:Ok lets nerf that one tool but not compensate elsewhere, because you break the game.

> If a reaper is sacrificing survivaiblity to be a glass cannon, and you nerf the cannon part, what does he have left? not much of anything.Its also a huge problem of power creep.

>

> Like others said:Reaper is a good noobkiller, but if faced vs really good players, they will rolfstomp you because they won't try to facetank you.

>

Ah yes the old "kite the reaper or your bad" comment....

This is why I take Axe/Focus for boon removals and Spectral Pull with an abundance of chill applications, try and kite me and Ill just use stab removals and my 2 pulls and shroud leap with CC to stop people from kiting.... Gotta love working against the common mind set of most players

This is also why my DE just uses TRB now without DJ, bas venom to mark to spam TRB and you can drop 3 rounds of TRB under quickness before the bas venom wears off, no giant red laser that everyone is eagerly waiting for to dodge.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > > If they nerf reaper in pve i'm quitting guild wars 2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lets hope they don't gut any classes.

> > > > > > Also hopeful maybe tempest will finally get buffed.If it does become a buffer i'm more certain to stay.

> > > > >

> > > > > There is a very high possibility that reaper will be nerfed. It probably will be only PvP though. Beside that, I think holo will be slightly nerfed and herald will get a slight buff. There will be other changes, but they will be minuscule.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sadly, I do not think the meta will change in the slightest.

> > > >

> > > > They will need buffed in pvp then, because in order to land a kill they need to survive enough, and they are literally sacrificing dps to be a glass cannon, so more survivability will have to be given, a lot more outside of that, like warrior levels of survivability.

> > > >

> > > > Warriors can outsustain a reaper and do the same dps with more mobility, and mesmers with mirage have higher mobility and cc than us and can do dps on our level, so its going to be very bad if we get nerfed.

> > > >

> > > > If reaper gets nerfed, he wil be sub par again in pvp, and unable to land a kill depending on whats nerfed.Nerdfing dps he won't have threat levels and if you nerf the quickness he will have trouble landing a hit again, so once again think things through.

> > >

> > > Warriors can do the same dps as reaper?! Not even remotely close. You could compare reaper dps to guardian. And reaper has no issues landing damage at all. As for wither warrior can outsuatain reaper, who cares. Balance is not based on solo capacity and reaper is million times better in team fights than warrior.

> >

> > I've seen berserker do 20k easily with weapon in pvp video and more sustain so no.

> >

> > Reaper is able to land kills easier now because of quickness.Reaper is slow and easy to cc, but people are bad and would rather facetank reaper than move away cc them.

> > Also solo capacity is important in SPVP as a roamer or not, because the ability to pressure is direct contrast to damage and ability to land hits.If you can't land hits you lack pressure and get cced and die, if you can land a hit but everyone and his mother can facetank you, your pressure is laughable.Its time for people to stop making excuses and learn 2 play.

> >

> > Take for instance holosmith:You shouldn't have trrouble killing a reaper if you have a brain.Do those invuln things and cc them and kite htem when in reaper, because once they are out of reaper form(remember its very short) that they are easy to kill.You can easily pressure them inside there too and force them out, so there are more than enough ways to counter, but we have no decent way to counter some of the ranged attacks, besides poison cloud which isn't very good, and we still have trouble catching mobile classes, which is 90% of the classes.

> >

> > You can't just look at one tool and say:Ok lets nerf that one tool but not compensate elsewhere, because you break the game.

> > If a reaper is sacrificing survivaiblity to be a glass cannon, and you nerf the cannon part, what does he have left? not much of anything.Its also a huge problem of power creep.

> >

> > Like others said:Reaper is a good noobkiller, but if faced vs really good players, they will rolfstomp you because they won't try to facetank you.

> >

>

> Ah yes the old "kite the reaper or your bad" comment....

>

> This is why I take Axe/Focus for boon removals and Spectral Pull with an abundance of chill applications, try and kite me and Ill just use stab removals and my 2 pulls and shroud leap with CC to stop people from kiting.... Gotta love working against the common mind set of most players

>

> This is also why my DE just uses TRB now without DJ, bas venom to mark to spam TRB and you can drop 3 rounds of TRB under quickness before the bas venom wears off, no giant red laser that everyone is eagerly waiting for to dodge.

But a lot of them are bad players who complain about being within melee range and getting destroyed.

Axe has 900 range, and reaper has low mobility, and low sustain.Besides:You play elementalist which i heard is countered by everyone now because of how weaver is supposedly good at damage but has trouble landing hits and is squishy.

In order for a nerf to work, every class that hard counters reaper hard would have to be nerfed as well, or you would end with a situation where a class becomes useless.Reaper isn't the only class to hard counter certain classes, and it would need serious rework Anet to make the whole hard counter not be so hard counter to certain builds, because even if you nerf reaper, the same meta exists as before:Warrior/engi/mesmer/revenant overlords ruling as always dominating with thieves still being very meta and op.

Look at that guy who plays rev who got destroyed by reaper because he tried to do his glass blow thing and gave time for the reaper to chill him and destroy him in reaper form.How is it the reapers fault if he outplayed him?

I'm not claiming to be the best at anything, but before making changes, we need some serious thought about it and not straight up nerfing x/y/z and possibly ruin classes.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > >Axe has 600 range

> > 2015 was 3 years ago.

>

> OOPS 900 range.Still even though its got range on axe, as it should, you still can avoid it by popping invuln and stuff.Whats your point?

What if the reaper had stealth and used ax2 #2 with quickness :open_mouth:

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > >Axe has 600 range

> > > 2015 was 3 years ago.

> >

> > OOPS 900 range.Still even though its got range on axe, as it should, you still can avoid it by popping invuln and stuff.Whats your point?

>

> What if the reaper had stealth and used ax2 #2 with quickness :open_mouth:

I don't believe reaper has access to stealth.Quickness yeah but even so, its 3 seconds of quickness probably would help out quite a bit.

The number 2 can pack a punch, so having the cd actually recharge faster would be beneficial taking down desired targets.

I think actually greatsword can provide a bigger dmg boost at least from what i tested in melee range.Maybe i'm wrong and i could be disproven but those hits, especially GS2 pack a real nice punch.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > >Axe has 600 range

> > > 2015 was 3 years ago.

> >

> > OOPS 900 range.Still even though its got range on axe, as it should, you still can avoid it by popping invuln and stuff.Whats your point?

>

> What if the reaper had stealth and used ax2 #2 with quickness :open_mouth:

And where in the world am I supposed to be getting stealth from as a necro?

> @"breno.5423" said:

> Another balance patch in the middle of a season.

> Anet competent as always.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56372/balance-update-2-october-2018/p2

For those who do not know Breno, he does not like balancing because he plays with classes that have more advantage ..... in the moment that there is a better balance, he can not win with the classes that had more buff and this will requeter skill, for that he complains. I thank ANET for balancing, but the classes are well balanced, not much to do :D

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > >Axe has 600 range

> > > > 2015 was 3 years ago.

> > >

> > > OOPS 900 range.Still even though its got range on axe, as it should, you still can avoid it by popping invuln and stuff.Whats your point?

> >

> > What if the reaper had stealth and used ax2 #2 with quickness :open_mouth:

>

> And where in the world am I supposed to be getting stealth from as a necro?

Deaths charge through smoke field, staff #4 is a blast finisher lol and go as a norn and take snow leopard elite or an allie sharing stealth.

> @"Rap Tiger.1257" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > Another balance patch in the middle of a season.

> > Anet competent as always.

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56372/balance-update-2-october-2018/p2

>

> For those who do not know Breno, he does not like balancing because he plays with classes that have more advantage ..... in the moment that there is a better balance, he can not win with the classes that had more buff and this will requeter skill, for that he complains. I thank ANET for balancing, but the classes are well balanced, not much to do :D

You feed on elementalists' tears! :lol:

Only things that need immediate balancing imo "focusing on the big culptrits here, not every little thing mentionable":

* Condi Mirage is still the #1 culprit and meme face of imbalanced Guild Wars 2 pvp. Power is fine, but Condi needs a chokehold put on its sustain factor.

* Holosmith come to find out in S13, is a close runner up in sheer across-the-board over tuned attributes to the Condi Mirage. This class is too well rounded now with little to no drawbacks after the recent elixir buff patch.

* Deadeye is arguably OP but that's not really the point of the mention here. The point of this mention is how ridiculously not fun it is to play against something that is permanently stealthed, that you know can kill you in .25s, that forces you to play this retarded game of "Now let's LOS around behind pillars from each other for 6 minutes, with no actual combat happening" until someone screws up and gets caught. I mean... come on... The stealth on rifle dodge roll needs to be -1 second from what it is now and Shadow Meld could afford to take a slight nerf as well.

* Core Guardian has so much DPS nowadays that it's time for Judge's Intervention to be reviewed. In the past it wasn't that big of a deal, but now that a Core Guardian can insta-kill players with a proper DPS spike, it is highly questionable if it is balanced or not, that it is allowed to teleport 1200 range through solid objects, requiring no cast animations to use, allowing it to begin a DPS rotation before the teleport cast, and end the DPS rotation on top of a player's head.

Outside of the above 4 mentions, I think the balance is in pretty good shape.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> Only things that need immediate balancing imo "focusing on the big culptrits here, not every little thing mentionable":

> * Condi Mirage is still the #1 culprit and meme face of imbalanced Guild Wars 2 pvp. Power is fine, but Condi needs a chokehold put on its sustain factor.

> * Holosmith come to find out in S13, is a close runner up in sheer across-the-board over tuned attributes to the Condi Mirage. This class is too well rounded now with little to no drawbacks after the recent elixir buff patch.

> * Deadeye is arguably OP but that's not really the point of the mention here. The point of this mention is how ridiculously not fun it is to play against something that is permanently stealthed, that you know can kill you in .25s, that forces you to play this kitten game of "Now let's LOS around behind pillars from each other for 6 minutes, with no actual combat happening" until someone screws up and gets caught. I mean... come on... The stealth on rifle dodge roll needs to be -1 second from what it is now and Shadow Meld could afford to take a slight nerf as well.

> * Core Guardian has so much DPS nowadays that it's time for Judge's Intervention to be reviewed. In the past it wasn't that big of a deal, but now that a Core Guardian can insta-kill players with a proper DPS spike, it is highly questionable if it is balanced or not, that it is allowed to teleport 1200 range through solid objects, requiring no cast animations to use, allowing it to begin a DPS rotation before the teleport cast, and end the DPS rotation on top of a player's head.

>

> Outside of the above 4 mentions, I think the balance is in pretty good shape.

>

I agree wholeheartedly on those 4 points, I also think we're in a really good place as long as those 4 things get addressed. I like what you said about Judge's Intervention, an animation on the skill would solve a lot. You might even be able to *gasp!* react to the burst!

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > Another balance patch in the middle of a season.

> > > > Anet competent as always.

> > > >

> > > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56372/balance-update-2-october-2018/p2

> > >

> > > Are you complaining? More frequent balance patches are good! It beats waiting 4 months.

> >

> > Its fine to change the meta drastically in the middle of the season, you're right

>

> "drastically" hahahahhaa

Now what? :}

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > > > If they nerf reaper in pve i'm quitting guild wars 2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lets hope they don't gut any classes.

> > > > > > > Also hopeful maybe tempest will finally get buffed.If it does become a buffer i'm more certain to stay.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is a very high possibility that reaper will be nerfed. It probably will be only PvP though. Beside that, I think holo will be slightly nerfed and herald will get a slight buff. There will be other changes, but they will be minuscule.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sadly, I do not think the meta will change in the slightest.

> > > > >

> > > > > They will need buffed in pvp then, because in order to land a kill they need to survive enough, and they are literally sacrificing dps to be a glass cannon, so more survivability will have to be given, a lot more outside of that, like warrior levels of survivability.

> > > > >

> > > > > Warriors can outsustain a reaper and do the same dps with more mobility, and mesmers with mirage have higher mobility and cc than us and can do dps on our level, so its going to be very bad if we get nerfed.

> > > > >

> > > > > If reaper gets nerfed, he wil be sub par again in pvp, and unable to land a kill depending on whats nerfed.Nerdfing dps he won't have threat levels and if you nerf the quickness he will have trouble landing a hit again, so once again think things through.

> > > >

> > > > Warriors can do the same dps as reaper?! Not even remotely close. You could compare reaper dps to guardian. And reaper has no issues landing damage at all. As for wither warrior can outsuatain reaper, who cares. Balance is not based on solo capacity and reaper is million times better in team fights than warrior.

> > >

> > > I've seen berserker do 20k easily with weapon in pvp video and more sustain so no.

> > >

> > > Reaper is able to land kills easier now because of quickness.Reaper is slow and easy to cc, but people are bad and would rather facetank reaper than move away cc them.

> > > Also solo capacity is important in SPVP as a roamer or not, because the ability to pressure is direct contrast to damage and ability to land hits.If you can't land hits you lack pressure and get cced and die, if you can land a hit but everyone and his mother can facetank you, your pressure is laughable.Its time for people to stop making excuses and learn 2 play.

> > >

> > > Take for instance holosmith:You shouldn't have trrouble killing a reaper if you have a brain.Do those invuln things and cc them and kite htem when in reaper, because once they are out of reaper form(remember its very short) that they are easy to kill.You can easily pressure them inside there too and force them out, so there are more than enough ways to counter, but we have no decent way to counter some of the ranged attacks, besides poison cloud which isn't very good, and we still have trouble catching mobile classes, which is 90% of the classes.

> > >

> > > You can't just look at one tool and say:Ok lets nerf that one tool but not compensate elsewhere, because you break the game.

> > > If a reaper is sacrificing survivaiblity to be a glass cannon, and you nerf the cannon part, what does he have left? not much of anything.Its also a huge problem of power creep.

> > >

> > > Like others said:Reaper is a good noobkiller, but if faced vs really good players, they will rolfstomp you because they won't try to facetank you.

> > >

> >

> > Ah yes the old "kite the reaper or your bad" comment....

> >

> > This is why I take Axe/Focus for boon removals and Spectral Pull with an abundance of chill applications, try and kite me and Ill just use stab removals and my 2 pulls and shroud leap with CC to stop people from kiting.... Gotta love working against the common mind set of most players

> >

> > This is also why my DE just uses TRB now without DJ, bas venom to mark to spam TRB and you can drop 3 rounds of TRB under quickness before the bas venom wears off, no giant red laser that everyone is eagerly waiting for to dodge.

>

> But a lot of them are bad players who complain about being within melee range and getting destroyed.

>

> Axe has 900 range, and reaper has low mobility, and low sustain.Besides:You play elementalist which i heard is countered by everyone now because of how weaver is supposedly good at damage but has trouble landing hits and is squishy.

>

> In order for a nerf to work, every class that hard counters reaper hard would have to be nerfed as well, or you would end with a situation where a class becomes useless.Reaper isn't the only class to hard counter certain classes, and it would need serious rework Anet to make the whole hard counter not be so hard counter to certain builds, because even if you nerf reaper, the same meta exists as before:Warrior/engi/mesmer/revenant overlords ruling as always dominating with thieves still being very meta and op.

>

> Look at that guy who plays rev who got destroyed by reaper because he tried to do his glass blow thing and gave time for the reaper to chill him and destroy him in reaper form.How is it the reapers fault if he outplayed him?

>

> I'm not claiming to be the best at anything, but before making changes, we need some serious thought about it and not straight up nerfing x/y/z and possibly ruin classes.

Tempest is my main but life is much easier on Reaper

![](https://i.imgur.com/Ay4uCXw.jpg "")

Spectral Pull to Elite shout to Shroud 4 keeps killing most people before they have a chance to respond.... No time to kite or react, I won't allow it otherwise I consider my burst as fail... Even if it's a tankier target and I have to pull > shout > shroud 3 fear to shroud 5 then shroud 4, either way I make sure my opponent stays under CC while I drop my damage and kill them.

Reaper might have low mobility but it has pulls and leaps and traits to remove movement impairing skills (and you can also be tactical on the map selection by picking maps like Nhifel and Temple, the smaller noded maps for an advantage so enemies have less wiggle room for kiting), Blighters boon doesn't seem like much but it actually is decent sustain with Spite/SR, can't count how many times I've managed to heal myself in shroud back to full health and just for kicks even ran a Menders SR/BM and SR/DM build which had super troll heals, made games funny when the other team made me the focus because I was like a sponge just absorbing damage.... Even ran the name "Focus The Reaper" on a giant Norn.

I'm not asking for nerfs either.