To GW1 or not to GW1

Recently I began to get bored with GW2 and dusted of my GW1 account and have been having some real fun with the old professions, Vanquishing, playing a Dervish, Obby armor, and forgetting I can't jump.

I was also surprised with the numbers of people who still play GW1. Sure the it's not like those in GW2, but enough to make it worth while and form a decent dance group in Kamadan.

For those of you who, like me, start to walk away from GW2 and question playing altogether, join us in GW1 and then go back to GW2 after a few weeks.

I do go back to GW1 every so often. I'm still thinking I might one day actually get God Walking Among Mere Mortals, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

I'm always pleasantly surprised by the number of people online when I do go back...or overwhelmed if I go to Kamadan. I don't know how many people play it regularly but there always seems to be a lot of people about when I'm online.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Recently I began to get bored with GW2 and dusted of my GW1 account and have been having some real fun with the old professions, Vanquishing, playing a Dervish, Obby armor, and forgetting I can't jump.

>

> I was also surprised with the numbers of people who still play GW1. Sure the it's not like those in GW2, but enough to make it worth while and form a decent dance group in Kamadan.

>

> For those of you who, like me, start to walk away from GW2 and question playing altogether, join us in GW1 and then go back to GW2 after a few weeks.

To GW1

**Yes!!**

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> I have fun going back to gw1 and messing around with hero team builds. currently im using a double psychic instability wastrels comp and its pretty sweet.

i think i have similar build, i used:

2x wastrels demise mesmers.

A 3rd mesmer as backfire something mesmer.

3x P/W,

1x ritualist with minions bombing Rt/N Or would use N/rt minion master

Monk (me)

this is what i was running for HM stuff, when i actually had reflexes for that game, now im scrubbed by gw2 lameness cant even heal a party outside kaining on normal >_>.

That's the player skill difrence by gw1 and gw2...

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> > Recently I began to get bored with GW2 and dusted of my GW1 account and have been having some real fun with the old professions, Vanquishing, playing a Dervish, Obby armor, and forgetting I can't jump.

> >

> > I was also surprised with the numbers of people who still play GW1. Sure the it's not like those in GW2, but enough to make it worth while and form a decent dance group in Kamadan.

> >

> > For those of you who, like me, start to walk away from GW2 and question playing altogether, join us in GW1 and then go back to GW2 after a few weeks.

>

> To GW1

> **Yes!!**

>

>

very good videos, pitty that gw2 raids still more about gimmick than anythign else... lol

i love the memories that i have of GW1, but i imagine if i tried going back to it today it'd feel so dated,

i had the same experience trying WoW again last year, such fond memories, but after playing GW2 everything just feels so archaic!

so i'd probably vote "not to gw1"!

> @"Liewec.2896" said:

> i love the memories that i have of GW1, but i imagine if i tried going back to it today it'd feel so dated,

> i had the same experience trying WoW again last year, such fond memories, but after playing GW2 everything just feels so archaic!

>

> so i'd probably vote "not to gw1"!

It's enough of a different game that you don't get that "lesser game" feeling. It takes a little bit to remember your hotkeys, but that's the same with any game.

I love the fact I can chose my skills and key placement.

For some reason I feel more of a connection with my GW1 characters, their armor/weapon combos than I do with my GW2 counterparts.

I don't blame you for not feeling the same as I do. To each his own. Thanks for the comment.

Personally I got into GW2 first before GW1, and I think that GW2 is more 'modern' and less dated, but I feel like GW1 is a little more fun to play sometimes. Since GW1 has dual professions and more added-on professions from the campaigns, it seems a little more fun. The only problems I have with it is that it seems like they're 2 completely different games - one's more precise, strategic and dated and basically forces you to work with friends while the other is more laid back, and for anyone. Personally, they're both good, so you should definitely go back for nostalgia.

...and also, you can jump, but it's /jump in game. :smile:

GW2 is a fine game. GFX and engine is a lot better than Guild Wars: Heck it even has Z-axis and the omnipotent ability to make avatars jump.

Guild Wars, on the other hand, has heart, soul and the chance of picking up that random piece of loot that have you smiling for hours.

Very different games: I really liked the vanilla GW2 - Never LOVED it like Guild Wars, but I liked it... Fractals/Agony/A new gear tier almost sent me away. HoT + Raids sealed that deal!

Guild Wars recently saw a nice gfx update and a VERY nice QOL update: Still play and enjoy Guild Wars - Actually spent more on Guild Wars updates in recent months than I ever did on "gems" in GW2.

Bottomline (in my case ofc): Guild Wars is an aging/old game but the atmosphere/mechanics draw me right back whenever I am giving my preferred MMO a rest. GW2: Nope - Not really.