Gem Store Purchase regrets

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Taylan.2187" said:

> Inventory bag slots for characters I don't use much. I think I bought them some time when they were on discount so that my few characters had the same number of slots but now I have many more characters and not all of them need additional slots anyway.

>

> I wish one could transfer slots from character to character.

I wish the same thing. Before shared slots and the unidentified loot bags I maxed out a couple of characters out with inventory bag slots but now there is less reason for them. I wish I could pull the extra slots off some characters and balance it out with my other characters. There is also the factor of people who have extra bag slots and want to delete the character which would kill the purchase of the extra slot.

The one that tells you when the world bosses spawned, I bought that and regretted it immediately, now i am a human world boss announcer ... when i feel like it. I have no idea why I bought that, since I only play WvW. The Armchair was a regret too, I bought that thinking I can Sit inside Mendon Tower while Scouting, but no, you can't sit in WvW ....

• 4 months later...

Best items.

1. Addtional Bag slots.

2. Additional bank slots.

3. Mistlock Sanctuary pass. Very convienient.

Wasted Money

1. Unbreakable volatile magic tools. Amount karma earned in Karmic empowerment negates using these. If you do hardcore farming then it would be worth while.

2. Black Lion keys - still not over it.

3. Glider, etc skins. Some do look awesome but skyscale makes is moot.

4. Home nodes.

Wait for things to go on sale, all items eventually do. Still not over the lion keys, I think its a common feeling.

Outfits. I get why people like them, and there are some that I think are quite nice-looking, but when I was a new player 5-ish years ago I wasn't as heavily into Fashion Wars as I am now so I bought a few outfits. I never use my outfits except on new characters, until they're level 80 and get kitted out in snazzy armor. I just enjoy mixing and matching armor pieces too much to use outfits.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> Ice brood saga. Because it went for free the following week. Did a customer support to gm zippy to no avail.

Ice brood saga is still going and havent been free any time after each episode release window.

Are you sure you dont mean living story season 4 they went back and rereleased those when episode 6 was releasing since you needed all the prevous ones to get skyscale collection done.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > Ice brood saga. Because it went for free the following week. Did a customer support to gm zippy to no avail.

>

> Ice brood saga is still going and havent been free any time after each episode release window.

>

> Are you sure you dont mean living story season 4 they went back and rereleased those when episode 6 was releasing since you needed all the prevous ones to get skyscale collection done.

I bought ice brood episode 1,2 & 3. 200 each so 600. Then they freed it after.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2/

Sucks to be one of the first to join the game during covid.

One day these kind of marketing scheme will backfire.

“GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel (Guild Wars 2 Support)

May 5, 00:36 PDT

Hello,

The time an item is purchased and when it goes on sale is taken into account when determining a refund request for am item. I will not be able to provide a refund for the Icebrood Saga prelude due to this.

If you would like help with anything else, please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel

Guild Wars 2 Support Team“

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > > Ice brood saga. Because it went for free the following week. Did a customer support to gm zippy to no avail.

> >

> > Ice brood saga is still going and havent been free any time after each episode release window.

> >

> > Are you sure you dont mean living story season 4 they went back and rereleased those when episode 6 was releasing since you needed all the prevous ones to get skyscale collection done.

>

> I bought ice brood episode 1,2 & 3. 200 each so 600. Then they freed it after. it’s permanently free now when you buy gw2 pof.

>

> Sucks to be one of the first to join the game during covid.

>

> One day these kind of marketing scheme will backfire.

>

> “GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel (Guild Wars 2 Support)

> May 5, 00:36 PDT

>

> Hello,

>

> The time an item is purchased and when it goes on sale is taken into account when determining a refund request for am item. I will not be able to provide a refund for the Icebrood Saga prelude due to this.

>

> If you would like help with anything else, please let me know.

>

> Thank you.

> Regards,

>

> GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel

> Guild Wars 2 Support Team“

You do not get the whole season click on the ice brood saga when trying to buy path of fire and you will see this

>Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today.

Latest episode right now would be only Jormag rising so yes they are correct in not refunding you.

FWIW newbie player here. ;)

Probably ~~buying~~ converting too much gems > gold, crazy as it might sound. This game's crafting system mimics that of World of Warcraft, so I figured that by the time I got my character to level say, 50, I'd still be stuck only being able to make just level 1-10 gear because of how tedious it is to level, so I figured I better be loaded for bear in this game (basically, I have more money than time). **It's actually the opposite!** I think all my characters were around level 10 or so, and I was already able to make level 20+ gear that I can't equip yet, due to the way the crafted gear is tiered up. Not to mention that your character also levels up as well, so I can be a stay at home crafter and still level my characters up. I'm still keeping the gold though because, you never know. But if I only knew then what I know now,......

Otherwise, the only other regret I got was more of a big-time goof than anything. I purchased a glider and a mount, thinking I'd be able to fly/glide immediately (My reasoning at the time: I'm paying for these with gems. Why **wouldn't** you be able to fly?). **Whoops!** I forgot you had to be max level first (level 80 I think, which to me seems a bit steep :/ ), just like other MMOs I've played.

![](https://i.imgur.com/FzpqA6V.gif "")

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > > > Ice brood saga. Because it went for free the following week. Did a customer support to gm zippy to no avail.

> > >

> > > Ice brood saga is still going and havent been free any time after each episode release window.

> > >

> > > Are you sure you dont mean living story season 4 they went back and rereleased those when episode 6 was releasing since you needed all the prevous ones to get skyscale collection done.

> >

> > I bought ice brood episode 1,2 & 3. 200 each so 600. Then they freed it after. it’s permanently free now when you buy gw2 pof.

> >

> > Sucks to be one of the first to join the game during covid.

> >

> > One day these kind of marketing scheme will backfire.

> >

> > “GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel (Guild Wars 2 Support)

> > May 5, 00:36 PDT

> >

> > Hello,

> >

> > The time an item is purchased and when it goes on sale is taken into account when determining a refund request for am item. I will not be able to provide a refund for the Icebrood Saga prelude due to this.

> >

> > If you would like help with anything else, please let me know.

> >

> > Thank you.

> > Regards,

> >

> > GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel

> > Guild Wars 2 Support Team“

>

> You do not get the whole season click on the ice brood saga when trying to buy path of fire and you will see this

>

> >Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today.

>

> Latest episode right now would be only Jormag rising so yes they are correct in not refunding you.

This event is what I’m talking about.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2/

Free Ice Brood Saga the week after I bought it. Mistake is joining too early.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > > > > Ice brood saga. Because it went for free the following week. Did a customer support to gm zippy to no avail.

> > > >

> > > > Ice brood saga is still going and havent been free any time after each episode release window.

> > > >

> > > > Are you sure you dont mean living story season 4 they went back and rereleased those when episode 6 was releasing since you needed all the prevous ones to get skyscale collection done.

> > >

> > > I bought ice brood episode 1,2 & 3. 200 each so 600. Then they freed it after. it’s permanently free now when you buy gw2 pof.

> > >

> > > Sucks to be one of the first to join the game during covid.

> > >

> > > One day these kind of marketing scheme will backfire.

> > >

> > > “GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel (Guild Wars 2 Support)

> > > May 5, 00:36 PDT

> > >

> > > Hello,

> > >

> > > The time an item is purchased and when it goes on sale is taken into account when determining a refund request for am item. I will not be able to provide a refund for the Icebrood Saga prelude due to this.

> > >

> > > If you would like help with anything else, please let me know.

> > >

> > > Thank you.

> > > Regards,

> > >

> > > GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel

> > > Guild Wars 2 Support Team“

> >

> > You do not get the whole season click on the ice brood saga when trying to buy path of fire and you will see this

> >

> > >Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today.

> >

> > Latest episode right now would be only Jormag rising so yes they are correct in not refunding you.

>

> This event is what I’m talking about.

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2/

>

> Free Ice Brood Saga the week after I bought it. Mistake is joining too early.

Totaly missed that one and if you bought it 7 days prior to that maybe ask the ticket to get escalated so a cs team lead check the ticket?

> @"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:

> Only one was a bank slot expansion when my bank was already at max slots. I did submit a ticket and got a refund, but they really need to add a filter on that item or a warning that the account is already at max slots.

>

> Otherwise, no regrets. I chose to buy and I'll accept responsibility for those choices.

How is that a regret?

Thats more like ops they really should fix so I cant buy more then needed and you got a refund so no loss.