Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> Warrior

>

> Support SBR

>

> Team Fighter Berserker

>

> Stunlock SBR with Phalanx Strength, Aristocracy, Mighty Blow, Winds, and Enchantment Collapse

>

> Side Node Strength SBR

>

> Condi Zerker Mace/Shield, LB

>

> Nobody has the stab to beat this

This feels like it was posted by a warrior main.... xD

Necro at the second place because 5 necros can comfortably rip and corrupt every single boon on the opposing team right after it is applied. This is a ton of active defense.

First place goes to engineer as 5 of these are immune to the necro corrupt spam and will outsustain the necros in the attrition fight.

5 perfectly rotating thieves might ruin the day for all the other classes, but I wouldn't call this a fight then but more a dumb race for capture points.

The "different builds" part of the OP needs clarification. It is impossible to create 5 completely different builds (not a single shared skill and trait) without at least 2 being complete trash for each class. For some classes you even run out of weapons for 5 different builds.

I think every class with strong dps AND strong support would definitely win in a "every player has to play another build"-setup.

Guard, Rev and Necro would be my top bets.

Ele, Ranger, Engi and Warrior would probably be also pretty serious contenders but I doubt there are enough viable builds atm to keep a full team on-par with the ones mentioned earlier. I'm not saying they don't have strong builds but in specifically the setup OP established, I think there's just not enough viable variety with the current balance.

Mesmer and thief would probably fail pretty bad since I don't think their support would be nowhere good enough to contend with the others and especially thief would lack pretty much everything in this kind of setup. Mesmer maaaaybe if they'd run different variations of burst builds and manage to end the fight before it even starts but I don't think so.

> @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> If u cannot win an at on 5 thief than u bad.

Are u serious?. What great builds do thieves offer? Keep in mind, everyone has to play a different build..

5 thieves against 5 guards? I doubt there would be any chance for the thieves if the guards are just camping close and mid, there's just nowhere near enough damage nor sustain to do anything. Again.. what great builds have thieves available? p/d condi? Is pretty much useless against guards, especially with a support.. d/p? Nowhere near enough damage to spike through aegis, shields, ...

Same for Rev, Necro, probably even Ranger.

> @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> I think every class with strong dps AND strong support would definitely win in a "every player has to play another build"-setup.

> Guard, Rev and Necro would be my top bets.

> Ele, Ranger, Engi and Warrior would probably be also pretty serious contenders but I doubt there are enough viable builds atm to keep a full team on-par with the ones mentioned earlier. I'm not saying they don't have strong builds but in specifically the setup OP established, I think there's just not enough viable variety with the current balance.

> Mesmer and thief would probably fail pretty bad since I don't think their support would be nowhere good enough to contend with the others and especially thief would lack pretty much everything in this kind of setup. Mesmer maaaaybe if they'd run different variations of burst builds and manage to end the fight before it even starts but I don't think so.

>

> > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > If u cannot win an at on 5 thief than u bad.

>

> Are u serious?. What great builds do thieves offer? Keep in mind, everyone has to play a different build..

> 5 thieves against 5 guards? I doubt there would be any chance for the thieves if the guards are just camping close and mid, there's just nowhere near enough damage nor sustain to do anything. Again.. what great builds have thieves available? p/d condi? Is pretty much useless against guards, especially with a support.. d/p? Nowhere near enough damage to spike through aegis, shields, ...

> Same for Rev, Necro, probably even Ranger.

Imagine thinking thief can do nothing about aegis and blocks

Wouldn't that be the team that are most able to use their skills and have the best tactics? :3

I'm not convinced that there is an ultimate build and combination that beats everyone. The players behind the characters should be very significant and for some reason I've always thought that equally skilled players will bring the fight to a rock/scissors/paper/lizard/Spock-thing, or am I wrong?

> > @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > I think every class with strong dps AND strong support would definitely win in a "every player has to play another build"-setup.

> > Guard, Rev and Necro would be my top bets.

> > Ele, Ranger, Engi and Warrior would probably be also pretty serious contenders but I doubt there are enough viable builds atm to keep a full team on-par with the ones mentioned earlier. I'm not saying they don't have strong builds but in specifically the setup OP established, I think there's just not enough viable variety with the current balance.

> > Mesmer and thief would probably fail pretty bad since I don't think their support would be nowhere good enough to contend with the others and especially thief would lack pretty much everything in this kind of setup. Mesmer maaaaybe if they'd run different variations of burst builds and manage to end the fight before it even starts but I don't think so.

> >

> > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > If u cannot win an at on 5 thief than u bad.

> >

> > Are u serious?. What great builds do thieves offer? Keep in mind, everyone has to play a different build..

> > 5 thieves against 5 guards? I doubt there would be any chance for the thieves if the guards are just camping close and mid, there's just nowhere near enough damage nor sustain to do anything. Again.. what great builds have thieves available? p/d condi? Is pretty much useless against guards, especially with a support.. d/p? Nowhere near enough damage to spike through aegis, shields, ...

> > Same for Rev, Necro, probably even Ranger.

>

> Imagine thinking thief can do nothing about aegis and blocks

I mean, sure, you can use shortbow 4 to interrupt blocks, but how exactly do you intend for the thieves to kill the guardians? The guardian can literally just sit on the points and the thieves are powerless to do anything. 5 thieves in general is atrociously bad, 5 thieves and you cant share builds? Yeesh.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > > I think every class with strong dps AND strong support would definitely win in a "every player has to play another build"-setup.

> > > Guard, Rev and Necro would be my top bets.

> > > Ele, Ranger, Engi and Warrior would probably be also pretty serious contenders but I doubt there are enough viable builds atm to keep a full team on-par with the ones mentioned earlier. I'm not saying they don't have strong builds but in specifically the setup OP established, I think there's just not enough viable variety with the current balance.

> > > Mesmer and thief would probably fail pretty bad since I don't think their support would be nowhere good enough to contend with the others and especially thief would lack pretty much everything in this kind of setup. Mesmer maaaaybe if they'd run different variations of burst builds and manage to end the fight before it even starts but I don't think so.

> > >

> > > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > > If u cannot win an at on 5 thief than u bad.

> > >

> > > Are u serious?. What great builds do thieves offer? Keep in mind, everyone has to play a different build..

> > > 5 thieves against 5 guards? I doubt there would be any chance for the thieves if the guards are just camping close and mid, there's just nowhere near enough damage nor sustain to do anything. Again.. what great builds have thieves available? p/d condi? Is pretty much useless against guards, especially with a support.. d/p? Nowhere near enough damage to spike through aegis, shields, ...

> > > Same for Rev, Necro, probably even Ranger.

> >

> > Imagine thinking thief can do nothing about aegis and blocks

>

> I mean, sure, you can use shortbow 4 to interrupt blocks, but how exactly do you intend for the thieves to kill the guardians? The guardian can literally just sit on the points and the thieves are powerless to do anything. 5 thieves in general is atrociously bad, 5 thieves and you cant share builds? Yeesh.

Ok get a team of 5 guards and I’ll gladly beat u with a 5 thief team.

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > > @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > > > I think every class with strong dps AND strong support would definitely win in a "every player has to play another build"-setup.

> > > > Guard, Rev and Necro would be my top bets.

> > > > Ele, Ranger, Engi and Warrior would probably be also pretty serious contenders but I doubt there are enough viable builds atm to keep a full team on-par with the ones mentioned earlier. I'm not saying they don't have strong builds but in specifically the setup OP established, I think there's just not enough viable variety with the current balance.

> > > > Mesmer and thief would probably fail pretty bad since I don't think their support would be nowhere good enough to contend with the others and especially thief would lack pretty much everything in this kind of setup. Mesmer maaaaybe if they'd run different variations of burst builds and manage to end the fight before it even starts but I don't think so.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > > > If u cannot win an at on 5 thief than u bad.

> > > >

> > > > Are u serious?. What great builds do thieves offer? Keep in mind, everyone has to play a different build..

> > > > 5 thieves against 5 guards? I doubt there would be any chance for the thieves if the guards are just camping close and mid, there's just nowhere near enough damage nor sustain to do anything. Again.. what great builds have thieves available? p/d condi? Is pretty much useless against guards, especially with a support.. d/p? Nowhere near enough damage to spike through aegis, shields, ...

> > > > Same for Rev, Necro, probably even Ranger.

> > >

> > > Imagine thinking thief can do nothing about aegis and blocks

> >

> > I mean, sure, you can use shortbow 4 to interrupt blocks, but how exactly do you intend for the thieves to kill the guardians? The guardian can literally just sit on the points and the thieves are powerless to do anything. 5 thieves in general is atrociously bad, 5 thieves and you cant share builds? Yeesh.

>

> Ok get a team of 5 guards and I’ll gladly beat u with a 5 thief team.

No, you wont. There is a reason people have done well with 5 guard teams in AT before (yes, they were memeing, but still), but no one has even tried to bring a 5 thief team to an AT before. Because they would get clapped and lose in round 1. If I were to put in the effort, what would happen is that your team of 5 thieves would lose embarassingly, and you will ignore it ever happened. But thats not worth the effort.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > > > @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > > > > I think every class with strong dps AND strong support would definitely win in a "every player has to play another build"-setup.

> > > > > Guard, Rev and Necro would be my top bets.

> > > > > Ele, Ranger, Engi and Warrior would probably be also pretty serious contenders but I doubt there are enough viable builds atm to keep a full team on-par with the ones mentioned earlier. I'm not saying they don't have strong builds but in specifically the setup OP established, I think there's just not enough viable variety with the current balance.

> > > > > Mesmer and thief would probably fail pretty bad since I don't think their support would be nowhere good enough to contend with the others and especially thief would lack pretty much everything in this kind of setup. Mesmer maaaaybe if they'd run different variations of burst builds and manage to end the fight before it even starts but I don't think so.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > > > > If u cannot win an at on 5 thief than u bad.

> > > > >

> > > > > Are u serious?. What great builds do thieves offer? Keep in mind, everyone has to play a different build..

> > > > > 5 thieves against 5 guards? I doubt there would be any chance for the thieves if the guards are just camping close and mid, there's just nowhere near enough damage nor sustain to do anything. Again.. what great builds have thieves available? p/d condi? Is pretty much useless against guards, especially with a support.. d/p? Nowhere near enough damage to spike through aegis, shields, ...

> > > > > Same for Rev, Necro, probably even Ranger.

> > > >

> > > > Imagine thinking thief can do nothing about aegis and blocks

> > >

> > > I mean, sure, you can use shortbow 4 to interrupt blocks, but how exactly do you intend for the thieves to kill the guardians? The guardian can literally just sit on the points and the thieves are powerless to do anything. 5 thieves in general is atrociously bad, 5 thieves and you cant share builds? Yeesh.

> >

> > Ok get a team of 5 guards and I’ll gladly beat u with a 5 thief team.

>

> No, you wont. There is a reason people have done well with 5 guard teams in AT before (yes, they were memeing, but still), but no one has even tried to bring a 5 thief team to an AT before. Because they would get clapped and lose in round 1. If I were to put in the effort, what would happen is that your team of 5 thieves would lose embarassingly, and you will ignore it ever happened. But thats not worth the effort.

NoOnEhaSeVRbroUghTa5tEeFteamToanAtbeFore