Bad mechanics

felix.2386

First of all, teleports being the main gank tool, completely braindead, no skill which has carried some classes forever and ever

only time thief isn't playable is either 1. gank overall isn't playable 2. melee isn't playable

teleport gives 0 risk for engaging or disengaging and ignores terrain.

i would've played thief/rev for so long, but i find thief completely braindead and boring with how teleport works in this game.

then it leads to the second point,

game is braindead without gank, game meta that involves without ganking is boring and unfun.

and having teleport forcing anet to buff non teleport classes sustain to braindead level in order to combat teleport abuse, which completely destroy the game.

so basically, thief/rev/power mes(when playable)/sword guard existing as ganks will kill your game, i'm sure you can find huge population dip when these classes are dominating, because it's healthy game play of just pressing teleport and damage at the same time and kit till teleport is up again.

but non existing gank will also kill your game as it becomes too stall and unexciting, i'm sure you can also find huge population dip when game is just stalling with no gank.

so the healthy gameplay would be having ganks that's actually preditable and counterplayable and have ganks that actually take skill instead of just pressing teleport and damage at the same time, with proper cast time and tell.

else EoD won't save it.

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> If a "gank" is both predictable and counterplayable, and doesn't rely on mechanics like teleporting or 1-shotting out of stealth....... in what sense is it a "gank" and not just...... a regular build?

personally, i think as teleporting and 1 shotting out of stealth is lessened, overall brawler sustain will also be brought down which resulting in easier plusing.

and mobility like greatsword rush (adding animation to mobility) can be replaced as gank tool, still ganking.

making the engagement more interactive instead of just, you know.

actually not predicatable, counterplayable, but more reactable and outplayable if you outskill.

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> If a "gank" is both predictable and counterplayable, and doesn't rely on mechanics like teleporting or 1-shotting out of stealth....... in what sense is it a "gank" and not just...... a regular build?

At the very least, a number of builds have the decency to show the opponent on screen approaching from a discernable distance (even if they are insulated with evasion via scripted movement). Teleports not only instantly negate positioning and timing, but they often path through terrain or walls. There's a little room to play chicken with somebody who does a greatsword Rush, but there is literally nothing to be done but dodging or blowing defensive cooldowns when somebody instantly teleports onto your location while simultaneously swinging for thousands of damage (particularly since, generally, nobody in GW2 teleports onto a target without passive evasion/blocks at the ready to blow on burst cover).

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> Sounds like someone is mad that they blew all their cd's and had nothing left to defend vs thief. Honestly, if you knew how to use terrain thief wouldnt be an issue. Try learning the game before complaining about something within your control

Learning map quirks and sightlines is among the lowest skill ceiling upon which to base game mastery, and it also doesn't encourage player creativity since the "correct" play is to stand more or less still on top of esoteric terrain assets which just so happen to bug out teleport pathing. It's not difficult at all to do, but it also smothers anyone's ability to participate freely in combat. Moreover, "blowing CDs" is an inevitability in any GW2 PvP encounter. Every class inflicts burst damage, and generally, the easiest way to survive is to mitigate it through cooldown usage. Good luck capturing anything or contributing to any big team fight without using cooldowns, just so you can wait to use them when a Thief presses F1 while you're in transit somewhere.

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> Sounds like someone is mad that they blew all their cd's and had nothing left to defend vs thief. Honestly, if you knew how to use terrain thief wouldnt be an issue. Try learning the game before complaining about something within your control

i've literally finished every single season at plat 2 + on thief/rev.

you sound like another one trick who have no idea how to press 1 and f1 together.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> I agree, nerf teleports, buff stealth!

exactly, without such high mobility, stealth can be easier dealt with.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > Sounds like someone is mad that they blew all their cd's and had nothing left to defend vs thief. Honestly, if you knew how to use terrain thief wouldnt be an issue. Try learning the game before complaining about something within your control

>

> i've literally finished every single season at plat 2 + on thief/rev.

> you sound like another one trick who have no idea how to press 1 and f1 together.

>

I don't agree that teleport is uncounterable. Sorry i assumed you dont know how to play. It might be braindead but its not a bad mechanic. Spammable teleport is a bad mechanic though. I dont play thief often so I guess I am a no trick pony.

> @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > Sounds like someone is mad that they blew all their cd's and had nothing left to defend vs thief. Honestly, if you knew how to use terrain thief wouldnt be an issue. Try learning the game before complaining about something within your control

>

> Learning map quirks and sightlines is among the lowest skill ceiling upon which to base game mastery, and it also doesn't encourage player creativity since the "correct" play is to stand more or less still on top of esoteric terrain assets which just so happen to bug out teleport pathing. It's not difficult at all to do, but it also smothers anyone's ability to participate freely in combat. Moreover, "blowing CDs" is an inevitability in any GW2 PvP encounter. Every class inflicts burst damage, and generally, the easiest way to survive is to mitigate it through cooldown usage. Good luck capturing anything or contributing to any big team fight without using cooldowns, just so you can wait to use them when a Thief presses F1 while you're in transit somewhere.

That and the no port spots/no path available feels more like bug abusing then actual game mechanic, but they let it fly cause they are not willing to fix that or the ports.

And it is not like they can't make fair teleport skills, line of sight+ telegraph https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frigid_Blitz but who will pick that if they can teleport through walls.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > > Sounds like someone is mad that they blew all their cd's and had nothing left to defend vs thief. Honestly, if you knew how to use terrain thief wouldnt be an issue. Try learning the game before complaining about something within your control

> >

> > Learning map quirks and sightlines is among the lowest skill ceiling upon which to base game mastery, and it also doesn't encourage player creativity since the "correct" play is to stand more or less still on top of esoteric terrain assets which just so happen to bug out teleport pathing. It's not difficult at all to do, but it also smothers anyone's ability to participate freely in combat. Moreover, "blowing CDs" is an inevitability in any GW2 PvP encounter. Every class inflicts burst damage, and generally, the easiest way to survive is to mitigate it through cooldown usage. Good luck capturing anything or contributing to any big team fight without using cooldowns, just so you can wait to use them when a Thief presses F1 while you're in transit somewhere.

> That and the no port spots/no path available feels more like bug abusing then actual game mechanic, but they let it fly cause they are not willing to fix that or the ports.

> And it is not like they can't make fair teleport skills, line of sight+ telegraph https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frigid_Blitz but who will pick that if they can teleport through walls.

Deathstrike used to be slower on it's cast, people complained that it had no identity because slow and chill was exactly the same as Frigid Blitz, so they did something completely random.

They both had different benefits, players whined because they wanted to, Axe was never a bad weapon for either Power or Condi, Sword was debatable however the port was useful because you didn't need a hit to get in close range for many options.

Removing everything from Sword 5 and speeding it up was Anet solution and caused various issues which desyncs is one of the biggest.

Deathstrike was fair before, just like Phase Traversal has an animation unlike pretty much all teleports but Sword 2 on Thief which has a little tell but it's honestly extremely minor.