Having a mid-life pvp crisis

Paradoxoglanis.1904

Im having a difficult time with pvp right now. 1v1s are so drawn out and boring that I just lose motivation about 3 minutes in and stop trying. How can I get myself to actually care when close fights are just stalemates? My ego is dwindling, I cant even find the courage to trash talk noobs playing dh or necro anymore. Is there a solution to this crisis im having, or am I doomed to a pvp future filled with lethargy and regret?

> @"snoow.1694" said:

> Thing with endless 1v1‘s is participants are at fault if it doesn‘t end for playing too tanky builds, including you. Run bers amulet and you won‘t get a 3 minute 1v1, big promise

Yeah, just run Berserker amulet and ? the other person decided to handicap themselves by running Berserker amulet too.

Worst-case scenario; you don't have to waste time in an endless 1v1 if you run into the typical bunker build, because you'll probably die pretty quick with zerker stats.

> @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> Well i tried playing the squishiest of the squish, zerker ele as a LR sword weaver. Still was having 2-3 min fights and stalemates all over the place. I think i have narrowed my issue down to people using their heal skill. It seems to be making fights last a lot longer.

Interrupt the heal. Recognize if their heal skill is up and if they fall below the 50% health threshold. Boon rip is an effective way to deal with tankier duelists. Maybe try a sw/d deadeye and build as a duelist instead of a roamer.

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> > Well i tried playing the squishiest of the squish, zerker ele as a LR sword weaver. Still was having 2-3 min fights and stalemates all over the place. I think i have narrowed my issue down to people using their heal skill. It seems to be making fights last a lot longer.

>

> Interrupt the heal.

Easier said than done with all the passive blind, blocks, cc, & stab. Also a lot of classes have enough passive healing to keep fights going on forever.

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> > Well i tried playing the squishiest of the squish, zerker ele as a LR sword weaver. Still was having 2-3 min fights and stalemates all over the place. I think i have narrowed my issue down to people using their heal skill. It seems to be making fights last a lot longer.

>

> Interrupt the heal. Recognize if their heal skill is up and if they fall below the 50% health threshold. Boon rip is an effective way to deal with tankier duelists. Maybe try a sw/d deadeye and build as a duelist instead of a roamer.

loads of classes cant even get rupted on its heals.

holo/scrapper gets stealth/stab

ele doesnt even need to use its healing skill

thief stealths, shadowsteps, blinds or counter-rupts with F1

ranger can throw pet cc and then heal, or stab with elite or stealth

mesmer can disort/dodge/stealth

rev depending on build has glint which cant be rupted, shiro that is precasted anyways

guard healing skill is a block in itself or a trap that can be just used while stealthed or blocking

and you go down the line and the only class that cant ensure its healing skill is necro and warrior.

warrior has fucking 26k hp and can heal with shouts and necro has lie 50k hp anyways.

Play some high DPS build, maybe even something memeworthy like Axe/Axe GS Beserker. If you want to still be survivable and play a proper meta spec just go with Zerk Power Herald. That way most fights should end, even though you might not win all of them. I'd say in ranked it's generally the better option to play high dps anyway, because people don't rotate fast enough and make too many mistakes to really abuse bunkers like in coordinated teams.

> @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> Im having a difficult time with pvp right now. 1v1s are so drawn out and boring that I just lose motivation about 3 minutes in and stop trying. How can I get myself to actually care when close fights are just stalemates? My ego is dwindling, I cant even find the courage to trash talk noobs playing dh or necro anymore. Is there a solution to this crisis im having, or am I doomed to a pvp future filled with lethargy and regret?

Just start playing high risk high reward full DPS builds.

Way more fun, regardless of if they only rank as mediocre in the current meta.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

>

> Just start playing high risk high reward full DPS builds.

>

> Way more fun, regardless of if they only rank as mediocre in the current meta.

Win at having fun but lose some games

Or

Win matches but trade your enjoyment of the game to do it

The point of pvp is to have fun. play something fun. Get good with it. Moment you start worrying about meta kitten is the moment you start to slowly die like everyone who thinks their plat badge matters.