[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged]

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**-Ability to disable cosmetic effects of Legendary Trinkets**

Backpacks have that checkbox option to disable it's model and cosmetic effect, why other items in same panel doesn't have it?

**- Hotkey to show\hide Helmet**

We can use checkbox to show\hide Helmet skins on our characters, but for that we need to open character window and uncheck it, hotkeys will be easier to perform helmet removal. But even more interesting will be to add setting similar to GW1 together with hide\show hotkey. For Example, it can be setting in options like:

_Hide Helmet SKin:

Never

In Non-Contested Zones ( Capital Cities, Sanctuaries, etc )

Always_

This setting will work only if Helmet's skin checkbox is set in character's sheet.

**-Item information of how many units of same item we have in inventory**

When we hover over an item in loot scroll section, we are able to see how many of that item we have in bank and storage. Elder wood, Mithril, Iron Ore, etc. But we unable to see how many of it we have in bags of current character.

Coming from other MMOs the target frame in gw2 is very frustrating. I understand that there's "autotargeting" and such, but sometimes I want the target to just stay there forever until I kill it while also retaining the autotargeting functionality. So I guess if I don't have any hostile target then the autotargeting function would determine my target, and then after I lock into it (or if I had it to begin with) it would never switch away from it.

I've tried all combinations of settings and could never achieve this. With the current setup (autotarg on, promote on, skill retarg off) I don't see what I'm hitting half off the time. I've been missing defiance bar constantly because of that, but also I've been often sending my offhand phantasms (mesmer) to a target somewhere far away from what I'm currently hitting because I targeted that mob accidentally, which is very frustrating.

Also what adds to the frustration is "remove target" being bound to M1, which isn't the case in most other MMOs, so I never had the muscle memory to stop myself from accidentally clicking on the ground sometime, but in gw2 it makes me lose my target frame.

I think if I try to boil it down to a single sentence, my QoL suggestion would be: add an option to remove the "untarget" functionality from M1

The problems I was facing many times is that:

1: If I use a cultural armor skin on an ascended armor, other character with different race cant wear it.

2: (connecting 50% to the first one) Two character with the same armor set cant have different styles, only using outfits, wich takes away the option for creativity.

Solution/sugession:

1: If an account has the cultural armor of the same type and tier unlocked in the wardrobe (f.e. Human heavy T3 & Norn heavy T3), make the armor with cultural armor skin equipable for other race, just switch the skin to the equivalent counterpart of that races cultural armor. Keeping the system corrent, applying a cultural armor skin should cost more tm charges (something around 5/armor applycation).

2: As we have build template storage, we should have custom outfit storage. We could save a complete armor set as outfit, modify if (for a price of 10 charges/piece). That would cost 60 charges to create one, modifying it 10/piece (armor type restriction and race restriction on cultural skins). Basicly everyone would get 1 slot for free and could be expanded via gem store (just like build templates). This could solve both problem, so if I have a Human in full T3 heavy, i could give the armorset to a Norn and apply its cultural as outfit. Players get options for creativity, ANet get option for one more gem store item to sell.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"CerealNumber.9348" said:

> > Consumables can be for anything else including the CC ones, like instruments/potions/transformation potions/chairs/etc

>

> Why not use the novelity buttons?

The novelty UI is one of the most useless things in the game. Just.. such a poor design overall.

I never thought about it in GW2, but it could not be that hard to add. Ultima Online is an antique game and it has had hotbars for years. Add as many hotbars as you want, put up to 12 slots on each bar. In each slot you put pretty much anything you want. Skills, spells, macro, item, mount, whatever. If it is an skill/macro/item (like a consumable) it gets used when you click it. If it is just an item, like bandages, you can click to use it, or just monitor how much you have. Extremely useful bar.

I have never tried... but can you keybind a consumable? Make a macro out it? I do not bother with food in this game, so I do not know.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> It's because they were not intended to replace CC skills. That was what was mentioned in their "guild chat" stream at least.

That really makes sense considering how they actively introduce special action skills which effectively replace cc skills and require less effort. Was it in the latest guild chat ? Wanna check it.

![](https://i.imgur.com/1o4Yzn3.png "")

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> Why does this need to be a thing? It'd be understandable if this game used things like health and energy potions, but with the way consumables work in this game with effects (mostly) lasting half an hour or longer seems to make dedicated slots not worth the time and effort for the devs.

Same can be said for novelty slot yet they still add it anyway, and most people keep lots of stuff in their inventory, easier for one click to refresh duration

Also it may have long duration but time flies when you engage in activities.

Seriously! they waste their time and efforts for a novelty slot but not for consumables? ESO prioritize that over trivial stuffs

> @"Ultramex.1506" said:

> > @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > Why does this need to be a thing? It'd be understandable if this game used things like health and energy potions, but with the way consumables work in this game with effects (mostly) lasting half an hour or longer seems to make dedicated slots not worth the time and effort for the devs.

>

> Same can be said for novelty slot yet they still add it anyway, and most people keep lots of stuff in their inventory, easier for one click to refresh duration

> Also it may have long duration but time flies when you engage in activities.

> Seriously! they waste their time and efforts for a novelty slot but not for consumables? ESO prioritize that over trivial stuffs

Well the novelty system came because of the large number of item slots these were all taking and it was highly requested for this reason. There were other reasons but this was the primary reason in the threads requesting it. Similar to how space is the primary reason that people are asking for a library although I'm sure you could come up with some minor reasons to also do it. This paints it in a completely different situation than consumables.

> @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > @"Infusion.7149" said:

> > It's because they were not intended to replace CC skills. That was what was mentioned in their "guild chat" stream at least.

>

> That really makes sense considering how they actively introduce special action skills which effectively replace cc skills and require less effort. Was it in the latest guild chat ? Wanna check it.

>

>

It's also on the actual patchnote dated October 27, 2020.

_The existence of consumables that equip players with high control skills creates an unintended play pattern involving combat with the inventory panel open. It's our goal that encounters with substantial defiance bars be addressed by build changes rather than reliance on consumables, and for this reason we are disabling several items in dungeon and fractal content._

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/117145/game-update-notes-october-27-2020#latest

Templates... Its anoying to change and that change is already saved. A lot of things pass through my mind in how we can improve, and I could draw that... Maybe is a good idea. But I think thats not the right moment, so I just want to ask one little thing: create an option to choose if you want to save automatically or not; after that, a little button to SAVE template changes; like dyes and transmutations. To me, and a lot of friends that I discussed about, that can be a provisory solution.

In all my experiences, I would suggest a more "advanced" thing as a provisory solution: create an LOCK button too. That can avoid we change our build unintentionally. However, with a SAVE button, we can just discarge any change.

That change would be amazing, but I think some people like the way they are so... An option to activate that should be better. That change would be better for equipment, but can improve build template too.

One of the things that originally attracted me to GW2 was the simplified skill bar, this after having played other MMOs including WoW, where I had the maximum number of toolbars up so I could map every consumable and skill on the interface, but all that really did was slow reaction times down. After leaving WoW and then trying to return to it a few years later, having to relearn each skill or consumable icon was daunting, so I left for good.

Sure, maybe one or two extra slots for a consumable item of your choice, but they really should be looking at a way to allow you to set your food and utility consumables to "auto-consume" when it is time, just like you can set auto-attack for a certain skill.