Sun's Refuge: a mix between guild halls and Home Instance? [merged]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like Sun's Refuge is just being brought back as a hub. If they were going to add in housing then I'm sure they'd make a blog post on it and not hide it in a video with 30 seconds of talk.

Upgradeable armor sounds like there will be more ways to upgrade tiers of armor but it's so vague on what he said.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> Don't expect it to be cheap, don't expect it to be useful, don't expect it to come easy. Maybe I'm wrong, but upgrading your personal guildhall will probably be a grind of legendary proportions.

> Seing that Anet didn't give us much incentive to spend time in our GHs, I hope they give us something to do in our own instance. I'm just not setting myself up for dissapointment here and expect nothing. I hope for the best but my experiences with the GH system lets me believe that there will be no incentive to spend time in your instance beside RP'ing(to some that's a plus, for me not so much, but to each their own).

I think you're right to not get too excited because a lot depends on implementation. As for usefulness, well, something that I enjoy spending time on is useful to me in the context of a game. The building and/or decoration of the place is a use in and of itself because it's an activity that you can spend time on and enjoy if that's your thing.

First we'll have to see though if there will be housing at all. I'd like it but I'm not convinced yet ArenaNet are going for it.

> @"circuitnerd.5863" said:

> You mean a new guild hall? Or is this something different? Cause the only upgradeable instance other than your home in cities are guild halls.

Think of it as a personal GH and a grind of legendary proportions. As I said in many threads before: don't expect it to be cheap, don't expect it to be easy, don't expect it to be useful.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"circuitnerd.5863" said:

> > You mean a new guild hall? Or is this something different? Cause the only upgradeable instance other than your home in cities are guild halls.

>

> Think of it as a personal GH and a grind of legendary proportions. As I said in many threads before: don't expect it to be cheap, don't expect it to be easy, don't expect it to be useful.

I hope it is going to be long and tedious. I need something to do that takes longer than an evening

Dont' want to it to be full -sunspear/elonian :o also I dunno if everyone instance would be different, It would require the ability to decorate, if not after a certain upgrade, everyone would have the same one. :/ The most promising is unlocking npc to earn rewards but again if only humans..... err

I just to make a giant asuran lab with plants from the grove.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > @"aspirine.5839" said:

> > So is this going to be our GW2 version of the hall of monuments?

>

> For the looks of it, it's GW2's version of the [command post](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Command_Post "command post"), on steroids... that are also on steroids.

Hmm I cant remember myself ever using that commandpost in gw1 :(

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > @"aspirine.5839" said:

> > > So is this going to be our GW2 version of the hall of monuments?

> >

> > For the looks of it, it's GW2's version of the [command post](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Command_Post "command post"), on steroids... that are also on steroids.

>

> Hmm I cant remember myself ever using that commandpost in gw1 :(

It had a lot of services, but it wasn't very practical as it was an instance, and trading in GW1 required being in the same outpost. But the idea is essentially the same. Hence the "steroids on steroids".

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"circuitnerd.5863" said:

> > You mean a new guild hall? Or is this something different? Cause the only upgradeable instance other than your home in cities are guild halls.

>

> Think of it as a personal GH and a grind of legendary proportions. As I said in many threads before: don't expect it to be cheap, don't expect it to be easy, don't expect it to be useful.

oh yeah, im already farming mats in SW/Istan/Events, i sense the smell of grind come ahead.

> @"Sazukikrah.5036" said:

> I wonder if it will have a portal to travel to it. I hardly use the home instance function. hoping its not another future that will be added and just overlooked after a week or so.

Given the likely location has it right next to at least one other map and the announcement talked about it being an event hub I would say there is a pretty good chance.